Start by marking “Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep, #2)” as Want to Read:
Out of the Shallows (Into the Deep, #2)

Out of the Shallows

(Into the Deep #2)

This is an alternate cover edition for ISBN 9781497448148, found here.

From the New York Times bestselling author of Into the Deep

LIVE YOUNG. LIVE HARD. LOVE DEEP.
Charley and Jake’s story concludes in Out of the Shallows…

Somehow, after everything they’ve been through, Jake Caplin and Charley Redford made their way back to one another. But finding each other and staying toge
Paperback
Published April 10th 2014 (first published April 2nd 2014)

Candace
After finishing 'Into the Deep', I immediately had to dive into the follow-up book. I couldn't leave things unsettled between Charley and Jake. I needed closure.

Told in the same "dual timeframe" format, this time it is Charley who is responsible for breaking Jake's heart. The tables have turned. Only this time, Jake is determined not to let Charley slip away.

As much as I continued to love this couple, and the drama that surrounds them, the emotional ups and downs can be a bit tedious. I waited s
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
DNF at 25%

Well I read the first book 6 months ago and this is what I remember:

- Jake and Charley are finally happy and together
- Lowe is badass and I want him
- It was hot and angsty

That's about it. This second book didn't work for me because:

- The present/past scenes. I can't do those. Sorry. Especially since one is February 2013 and the other is August/September 2013 and going back and forth between them is giving me whiplash...just no.

- I can't stand weak, no backbone heroines and that's what
Kristen
DNF at 67%

I normally don't rate books I haven't finished but, boy, did this one rub me wrong. So, 1 star it gets from me. Like most sequels, the continuation of the story fell short-way short. Such a shame because I love this author.
Kathryn
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW... Just WOW....
I am all over the map on this one...

Full review:
I'm really in awe of Samantha Young. She brings so much to a book. What I thought would happen in Out of the Shallows was no where close to the actual story.
I'm not complaining. It just shows how brilliant and talented she is.
Out of the Shallows brought an unconventional love story to life. My meaning? This isn't your run of the mill sappy romance. It is so much more. It reaches deep levels of pain, anger, and regret all the whi
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
When the continuing story of Charley and Jake starts, they are not together, well, at least not in the present. The story is again told in the present and the past so we know something bad happens. It just takes a while to find out what it is.

description

I really enjoyed the first book but I have to admit that I felt Jake got off a bit too easy and that he never really felt Charley's pain. This book more than makes up for it...maybe a bit too much. It was really hard reading about Jake suffering so much. I
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

Charley and Jake got their HFN ending in the last book. But they are torn apart again. Would Jake be able to convince Charley at a third chance at love?

I didnt enjoy the direction of the story. In my opinion I would decribe this as unneccessary angst. The back and forth between Jake & Charley as well as with Claud & Beck was getting repetitive. Also, what happened to Charley here? She was like a different character and I didnt like her at all.

I did like the little sexy time we go
Annette Dellosa
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I waited. I read. And now I'm done. So worth the wait!

-------------------------------------------------------

photo tumblr_lrxso0ncpZ1qhsl25o1_250_zps3002ff72.gif
I totally have a love/hate relationship with sequels. Why? Go figure.
Josies Closies
Aug 16, 2013 marked it as to-read
OMG I stayed up all night reading Into The Deep. Now I am like Whaaaaaaaat??? Why do I always torture myself with series I know I am going to have to wait for? But beside all the frustration I love Charley and Jake.
Mysza
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book starts 6 months after Into the Deep and is a little confusing at the beginning. Apparently something happened between Charley and Jake and for a while we don't know what. Until I found out what it was I was pissed at Charley and her actions. I thought that the roles were reversed here, and as much as I liked her in the first book, she started to annoy me in this one. On the contrary, Jake was much better hero here and in the end he won my heart.
In the middle of the book I was so frustr
Kelena
Sep 16, 2013 is currently reading it
Shelves: must-read, 2014
EXCREPT
“Is it possible to die of sex exhaustion?” I panted, collapsing in a sprawl across Jake’s sweat dampened chest.

It heaved beneath my cheek as he lazily stroked my spine. “I’m thinking yes.”

“That was…” I groaned at the hot feel of him inside of me.

“Mindblowing?” he offered with a suspicious amount of smugness in his voice. “Told you it would be.”

I bit his shoulder gently. “Cocky.”

“I dare you to leave teeth marks,” Jake squeezed my ass. “I’d love explaining it to people.”
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

4.9 Stars - I was first thinking of giving only 2 stars.
I HATED the whole LEGO block this whole story was build on.
It only comes out around the 70% mark - the whole point of the book - what it's all about and the WHYs and WHOs and WHATs - especially the WTFs ☺
I hated the book at that point! And I hated Charley. (view spoiler)
Poor Jake!!!!!!!!!
But it was a really great b
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Argggh! The curse of book 2

I loved book 1, I gave it 5 stars - it should have been left as it was.

This book starts off with Charley and Jake back in the States but they are no longer together. It took me about 20% to remember who everyone was and I was so confused as to why they had split up but we get a past and present perspective here and it becomes clear near the end but by that time I was bored stiff.

For me this was a non book.
Patrycja
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok

I liked but not loved first book in this series, Into The Deep. While I found it entertaining it wasn't as good as other Samantha Young's books. Still though I decided to give Charley and Jake a second chance and unfortunately I'm even more disappointed in the sequel. It's not that I didn't like the characters or the writing, I was just bored and really annoyed with the plot that seemed to drag. It'd be better story if it was left as intense standalone.

FOLLOW SMOKIN HOT BOOK BLOG ON:
Sara
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
Really?? That was book 2?? That was Jake and Charley's continued story??
Beverly
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 Disappointing Stars

I will start by saying I love Samantha Young, and have enjoyed everyone of her books from the Dublin St series, but I found this one seriously lacking.

I can't even begin to tell you where this one starts out, because I was confused as shit. I actually went back and reread the last chapter of Into to the Deep. I seriously was like what the fuck happened, I missed something huge.

False alarm, I didn't miss anything. This book just switches time frame every chapter. So we start
Krista
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
Out of the Shallows made my heart hurt. Jake and Charley's story began in Into the Deep, and it was a tumultuous story to say the least. They had an intense connection and a crazy powerful love when they were teens. Then, a tragic accident tore them apart. Four years later, they reunite unexpectedly at college, except Jake has a girlfriend and Charley's never gotten over him. Their history can't be denied, though, and finally, they find their way back to one another. You'd think that would be th ...more
TF
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars - Review to come.
Sonia
Aug 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
Oh good lord. I waited so long for the first one! I waited up all night to finally have it downloaded. Then I finish it, and I'm left having to wait soooo freakin long for the second half?!?! THIS. IS. TORTURE!
Melissa
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I was so excited when I saw this book was released early but now that I've finished it (after reading it in one sitting) I'm not sure how I feel which is why I rated it only 3 stars. I was anxious to see what would happen to Jake and Charley and while I was satisfied with the ending I'm not sure how I felt about the rest of the book. At times it felt like the angst was forced and the author was just throwing everything possible at the couple in order to make the story longer. But there were othe ...more
Crystal
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I read the blurb and saw the word "concludes", I shook my head with disbelief. This is not the end for Jake and Charley....hell no! I refused it. Re-reading Into the Deep the night prior to starting Out of the Shallows, it made me fall in love with the characters all over again. Charley with her smart-assery, Jake with his broodiness, Claud and her love of Dairy Milk chocolate(which I can not argue with), Lowe and his sexiness, and Beck with his boy-boyish charms.
Out of the Shallows start
Rachel Reads Ravenously
My review is not a review but more a love note to the author (in a totally non-romantic, not creepy way). And because it's a second book I do not want to give away plot points.

Dear Ms. Young,
I adore your books. Please keep writing forever so I can read these angst ridden, emotional turmoil stories. I loved Jake and Charley almost as much as Nate and Olivia. Almost. You are now forever on my auto-buy lists.
Gracias,
Rachel

PS: Please give Lowe a spin-off series? Pretty please? Por favor? Prosim? P
Amy
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
In one word, disappointed. I enjoyed Into the Deep and really liked Charley and Jake and their story. I feel like I've waited a long time for this book to come out and I was very disappointed. I didn't really like anything about it, except the side story about Claudia and Beck. I usually like Samantha Young's books, but this one I could have done without.
Steph
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I definitely didn't enjoy this book as much as the first... and to be perfectly honest, I kind of wish that it was left how the previous book ended. This book just felt like a lot of unnecessary drama and angst, and then we ended up in the exact same place as before.

Charley wasn't anywhere near as endearing as she was before. She let people push her around and let their judgments shape the direction her life was taking, even though it wasn't what she wanted.
The situation with Andie; again, it
Nikki
2.5 Stars

Ok I am torn with this one. I saw a lot of hate for Charley in reviews because she was so wishy washy with Jake. That was an aspect of the 1st book that drove me freaking crazy, in that, he dumped his gf and she immediately went right back to him and didn’t make him work for it at all. I was not the biggest Jake fan going into this book based on those extra POV’s we got after the 1st book, so stringing him along was fine by me. Even if her reasoning was completely bat shit crazy, and ye
Trisha ❊ Devoured Words
Dying to read this! I need it SOOO bad! <3 This can't come out any faster! Can't wait!

description

Live young. Live hard. Love deep.

Jake and Charley’s story concludes in Out of the Shallows…

Somehow, after everything they’ve been through, Jake Caplin and Charley Redford have made their way back to one another. But finding each other and staying together are two completely different things. As Charley fights for the future she wants for herself and with Jake, parents, exes, friends, and her own distrust, ar
Alyssa | Swept Away By Books
This was an absolutely brilliant conclusion to Charley and Jake's epic story. It was tumultuous and frustrating, but full of redemption, hope and an incredibly strong and resilient love. I am so so sad to see these two go but they are one couple I will revisit time and time again!

Samantha Young has proven to be a brilliant New Adult author, and Into The Deep and Out of The Shallows should be on everyone's tbr list. Also, this was absolutely worth the extra wait for it to be perfect!
Three Chicks
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it

This is the sequel to Into the Deep. At the end of the first book, Charley and Jake had finally resolved their differences and were together after their 4 year separation. Jake had broken up with Melissa and wanted to fix things with Charley; to right the wrongs that he committed. Unfortunately, Charley's family doesn't want to see her back with Jake; they are the ones who were left picking up the pieces of what was left of her life after Jake dumped her and moved away. She has a huge argument w
Plamena
May 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this was a major disappointment. BUT I was prepared for it because the ending of book one didn’t suggest room for development of the story. Basically this book is almost the same as the previous one. The conversations, the situations, the drama- all the same (or similar). I even don’t think the ending was satisfying...I definitely needed a little more.

I loved Charley in the first book but I can’t say I continued to like her in this one. She wasn’t the strong and passionate girl an
Elizabeth
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WTF!!!

I waited so long for this book and what a disappointment sad but true. I really thought it was going to be good especially after reading all her books
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

OUT OF THE SHALLOWS, the second in the Into the Deep series must be read after the first book in the series. Young doesn’t waste time rehashing over previous events, but dives straight into the action, picking up somewhere where the last book ended off (you’ll see what I mean when you read it) and dealing with the consequences of the actions that Jake and Charley have made.

As you will know if you’ve read the first book in the series, the romance between Jake and Charley is complicated. They hav
Claudia and Beck 8 71 Dec 20, 2015 01:26PM
to read or not to read? 4 60 Feb 21, 2015 07:21PM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Out of the Shallows chapters 1-5 7 30 Jul 07, 2014 01:35PM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Out of the Shallows spoiler thread 1 52 Apr 13, 2014 09:10AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Out of the Shallows chapters 18-end 1 23 Apr 13, 2014 09:09AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Out of the Shallows chapters 12-17 1 9 Apr 13, 2014 09:08AM
Swoon-worthy & De...: Out of the Shallows chapters 6-11 1 7 Apr 13, 2014 09:08AM

• Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Mended (Connections, #3)
  • Saving Quinton (Nova, #2)
  • Before You Break (Between Breaths, #2)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
  • Come to Me Softly (Closer to You, #2)
  • Nearly Mended (Nearly, #2)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Damaging Me (Savor Us, #2)
  • Resisting Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed, #2)
  • Song of the Fireflies
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far, #3)
  • The Chaos in Me (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Love Unguarded (Love, #3)
  • Reciprocity (Breach, #3)
  • Ruin You Completely (Sloan Brothers, #3)
I'm a Scottish bookworm whose dream of writing full time came true. Thanks to readers my books have hit the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists and several of my books have been nominated for Goodreads Choice Awards. I write adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction. To my awe and delight I'm currently published in 30 cou ...more

Into the Deep (2 books)
  • Into the Deep (Into the Deep, #1)
“It sucks at first. But it gets better.” 0 likes