Start by marking “Etiquette with the Quran” as Want to Read:
Etiquette with the Quran

Etiquette with the Quran

An enduring classic work on the etiquette that a Muslim must or should have with regard to handling and reciting the Quran (the Muslim scripture). The topics this volume raises include: ritual cleanliness, opportune times for recitation, the etiquette that students have with their teachers (and that teachers must have with their students), and variety of other issues that ...more
Published August 2013 by Islamosaic

To ask other readers questions about Etiquette with the Quran, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Etiquette with the Quran

Start your review of Etiquette with the Quran
Miroku Nemeth
Ma Shaa Allah. May Allah reward Musa Furber and bestow increased blessings upon Imam An-Nawawi! I had the honor of reading the manuscript of this book, given to me by Sheikh Abdullah Al-Kadi, when I lived in Saudi Arabia. While the manuscript was good, I was very impressed with the final version--this book is well-written in clear English prose--an irreplacable treasure for English speaking Muslims. There need to be more classical Islamic works well-translated into English, and both the translat ...more
♥ Ibrahim ♥
No more of this book! You may wonder why no more with this book. Well, Turn to surat Nissa (women chapter), and read the fourth chapter, verse 34, and put yourself in my place when you discover this books permits the male to read the woman, just because she is not a male. Here is the whole verse:
"If you fear high-handednessb from your wives, remind them [of the teachings
of God:], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them."

A book supposedly sacred encourages me to beat a woman because
Najibah Bakar
Buku ini penting sebagai alat muhasabah diri dan juga menetapkan kayu ukur yang harus kita pegang apabila berhubung dengan Al-Qur'an.

Karangan Imam al-Nawawi yang juga telah mengarang Hadith 40: Terjemahan dan Sharahnya, buku ini menceritakan adab-adab dengan Al-Qur'an - tidak kira sebagai pembaca, pelajar mahupun guru Al-Qur'an.

Bonus tambahan yang sangat bernilai, adalah sisipan artikel yang dihimpunkan oleh penyusun buku ini mengenai kedudukan Al-Qur'an dalam hidup seorang Muslim.

Antara yang s
Lumumba Shakur
This is the only book that you will need that details the adab that one should have towards the Qur'an. It approaches the issue from almost every conceivable angle. Musa Furber has done a tremendous service to the English speaking world.
Naimisa
Mar 30, 2010 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all muslim.
Recommended to Naimisa by: Ustaz Izzat, pengkuliah kitab Masjid al-Hidayah
Adab Kepada Al-Quran
Al-Quran tidak menjadi asing meski dibaca berulang kali. Bahasa al-Quran menjadi suatu hal yang mengkagumkan bangsa jin. Firman Allah dalam surah al-Jin, “Sesungguhnya kami telah mendengar Al-Quran yang menakjubkan, yang memberi petunjuk ke jalan yang benar, kemudian kami beriman kepadanya.”
Buku ini diterjemah dari kitab Imam Nawawi iaitu Tibyaan. Betapa untuk mendamping diri dengan al-Quran, seseorang haruslah mengikut adab-adab dan disiplin tertentu. Tidak ada perkataan y
Bilal Ali
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have not been able to use this book in a classroom setting but feel it is necessary for every young and old student of the Quran, be they learning basic recitation, memorizing the entire Book, or studying exegesis. Excellent and fluid translation. A worthy buy.
Musa
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's a new edition with all the same goodness of the first.
Imran Abdul Haqiim
I had the privilege of learning this book at the hands of the translator and inheritor of authorisation to teach this book, when he conducted a course in Singapore. Learning the ettiquettes of the Qur'an had the effect of not only teaching me how to respect it properly, it also lifted my spirits in discovering the richness generosity of the benefits of cultivating a relationship with the book.
asmā khātun
Second time reading. For Quran class. Notes in green book.
Waqar
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: al-nawawi
It is established in Sahih Musilm, that Tamim al-Dari Stated, The Messenger of God (SAW) said, “Religion is sincerity.” We said, “To Whom” He said, “To God, His Book, His Messenger, the leaders of the Muslims, and their common folk.” Imam Nawawi, May Allah have mercy on his soul was the embodiment of all these principles.
Imam Nawawi, May Allah have mercy on him, writes in the introduction of this book that I wanted to write a book that is to the point and short. He wanted the readers to memoriz
Neeza Zaini
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like books yang bila mana membicara kan tentang Quran dan hadiths, ia nya menulis ayat quran dengan penuh dan menyatakan sanad hadiths berbanding buku yg hanya quote terjemahan Quran dan hadiths yg tak jelas rantaian sanadnya.

Buku ini ringkas tetapi sangat bagus dalam menerangkan sekecil-kecil adab (disarankan membersihkan gigi sebelum membaca AlQuran - sebab pembaca AlQuran akan dikelilingi oleh Malaikat dan malaikat tak mendekati pada bau busuk) sehingga kepada adab yang utama (haram hukumny
Mohammad
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Peace to all. I have browsed the Arabic version, read the Malay translation and currently going through this translation by Shaykh Musa Furber. I found that this version explains more clearly the Arabic meaning of the book and it encompasses the essence and spirit of the original. It is indeed a required reading for those who seek to be more sensitive and discerning when reading the Qur'an; how to prepare oneself to read and how to prepare oneself as a reader of the Qur'an. The book is indeed cl ...more
فردوس
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book I often find myself going back Alhamdulilah when I feel the need to remind myself of the bond I should have with the Quran and am in need of strengthening that bond. The translation is easy to follow yet concise and uses an appropriate level of vocabulary ( doesn't 'dumb down' the content, something I find most islamic translations do).
Suzane D.
Mar 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quran
This is another book that I use with my students, to teach them the proper etiquette with the Qur'an.
Muhammad Raziq
Mas'ud Khan
Feb 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• الرد على من اتبع غير المذاهب الأربعة
  • Misquoting Muhammad: The Challenge and Choices of Interpreting the Prophet's Legacy
  • Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources
  • Love & Happiness: A collection of personal reflections and quotes
  • The Ten Directives From the Gathered works of Imam Ghazali (d.1111) (Sheikhy notes)
  • The Divine Reality: God, Islam and the Mirage of Atheism
  • Al-Ghazali on the Remembrance of Death and the Afterlife (Book XL of The Revival of the Religious Sciences)
  • JESUS: Man, Messenger, Messiah
  • The Final Words of the Scholars at the Onset of Death
  • الإسلام بين الشرق والغرب
  • Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya on Knowledge: From Key to the Blissful Abode
  • Debriefing the President: The Interrogation of Saddam Hussein
Abū Zakariyyā Yaḥyā ibn Sharaf al-Nawawī (Arabic: أبو زكريا يحيى بن شرف النووي‎;‎ 1233–1277), popularly known as al-Nawawī or Imam Nawawī (631–676 A.H./1234–1277), was a Sunni Shafi'ite jurist and hadith scholar.[3] He authored numerous and lengthy works ranging from hadith, to theology, biography, and jurisprudence.[4] Al-Nawawi never married.[5]

News & Interviews