Start by marking “Etiquette with the Quran” as Want to Read:
Etiquette with the Quran

Etiquette with the Quran

An enduring classic work on the etiquette that a Muslim must or should have with regard to handling and reciting the Quran (the Muslim scripture). The topics this volume raises include: ritual cleanliness, opportune times for recitation, the etiquette that students have with their teachers (and that teachers must have with their students), and variety of other issues that ...more
Published August 2013 by Islamosaic (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Etiquette with the Quran, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Etiquette with the Quran

Miroku Nemeth
Ma Shaa Allah. May Allah reward Musa Furber and bestow increased blessings upon Imam An-Nawawi! I had the honor of reading the manuscript of this book, given to me by Sheikh Abdullah Al-Kadi, when I lived in Saudi Arabia. While the manuscript was good, I was very impressed with the final version--this book is well-written in clear English prose--an irreplacable treasure for English speaking Muslims. There need to be more classical Islamic works well-translated into English, and both the translat ...more
♥ Ibrahim ♥
No more of this book! You may wonder why no more with this book. Well, Turn to surat Nissa (women chapter), and read the fourth chapter, verse 34, and put yourself in my place when you discover this books permits the male to read the woman, just because she is not a male. Here is the whole verse:
"If you fear high-handednessb from your wives, remind them [of the teachings
of God:], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them."

A book supposedly sacred encourages me to beat a woman because
Najibah Bakar
Buku ini penting sebagai alat muhasabah diri dan juga menetapkan kayu ukur yang harus kita pegang apabila berhubung dengan Al-Qur'an.

Karangan Imam al-Nawawi yang juga telah mengarang Hadith 40: Terjemahan dan Sharahnya, buku ini menceritakan adab-adab dengan Al-Qur'an - tidak kira sebagai pembaca, pelajar mahupun guru Al-Qur'an.

Bonus tambahan yang sangat bernilai, adalah sisipan artikel yang dihimpunkan oleh penyusun buku ini mengenai kedudukan Al-Qur'an dalam hidup seorang Muslim.

Antara yang s
Lumumba Shakur
This is the only book that you will need that details the adab that one should have towards the Qur'an. It approaches the issue from almost every conceivable angle. Musa Furber has done a tremendous service to the English speaking world.
Musa
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's a new edition with all the same goodness of the first.
Um Taqwa
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Shaykh Abdul Aziz Ahmed's 'Educating Children' he recommends this book for teaching children adab with the Quran. Although this book has been out of print for a while, we are truly fortunate to have this translation and I believe the new edition will be available via Amazon in the next few days.

If we are able to have the translator Musa Furber teach us this text, I'm sure our experience with the Quran will be further enriched.
Imran Abdul Haqiim
I had the privilege of learning this book at the hands of the translator and inheritor of authorisation to teach this book, when he conducted a course in Singapore. Learning the ettiquettes of the Qur'an had the effect of not only teaching me how to respect it properly, it also lifted my spirits in discovering the richness generosity of the benefits of cultivating a relationship with the book.
Bilal Ali
Dec 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have not been able to use this book in a classroom setting but feel it is necessary for every young and old student of the Quran, be they learning basic recitation, memorizing the entire Book, or studying exegesis. Excellent and fluid translation. A worthy buy.
asmā khātun
Second time reading. For Quran class. Notes in green book.
فردوس
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book I often find myself going back Alhamdulilah when I feel the need to remind myself of the bond I should have with the Quran and am in need of strengthening that bond. The translation is easy to follow yet concise and uses an appropriate level of vocabulary ( doesn't 'dumb down' the content, something I find most islamic translations do).
Mohammad
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Peace to all. I have browsed the Arabic version, read the Malay translation and currently going through this translation by Shaykh Musa Furber. I found that this version explains more clearly the Arabic meaning of the book and it encompasses the essence and spirit of the original. It is indeed a required reading for those who seek to be more sensitive and discerning when reading the Qur'an; how to prepare oneself to read and how to prepare oneself as a reader of the Qur'an. The book is indeed cl ...more
Suzane D.
Mar 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quran
This is another book that I use with my students, to teach them the proper etiquette with the Qur'an.
Ashoo
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Instruction of the Student: The Method of Learning
  • Prayers for Forgiveness
  • The Lives of Man: A Guide to the Human States: Before Life, In the World, and After Death
  • Reliance of the Traveller: A Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law
  • Agenda to Change Our Condition
  • The Book of Sufi Healing
  • Al-Shifa - Muhammad Messenger of Allah
  • Sea Without Shore: A Manual of the Sufi Path
  • The Creed of Imam al-Tahawi
  • أسباب النزول
  • The Prayer of The Oppressed
  • The Content of Character: Ethical Sayings of the Prophet Muhammad (sa)
  • البردة
  • دلائل الخيرات
  • Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship
  • Historical Fact And Fiction
  • Ascent to Felicity: A Manual on Islamic Creed and Hanafi Jurisprudence
  • A Sufi Saint of the Twentieth Century: Shaikh Ahmad al-Alawi
الإمام الحافظ محيي الدين أبو زكريا يحيى بن شرف بن مـرِّي بن حسن بن حسين بن محمد بن جمعة بن حزام النووي الشافعي الدمشقي المشهور بـ "النووي" (المحرم 631 - 676 هـ \ 1255 - 1300م), أحد أشهر فقهاء السنة ومحدّثيهم وعليه اعتمد الشافعية في ضبط مذهبهم بالإضافة إلى الرافعي [1].

مولده ونشأته
ولد النووي في قرية نوى في حوران بسوريا من أبوين صالحين، ولما بلغ العاشرة من عمره بدأ في حفظ القرآن وقراءة الفقه على بعض