Start by marking “One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)” as Want to Read:
One to Hold (One to Hold, #1)

One to Hold (One to Hold #1)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  8,485 Ratings  ·  840 Reviews
Derek Alexander is a retired Marine, ex-cop, and the top investigator in his field. Melissa Jones is a small-town girl trying to escape her troubled past.

When the two intersect in a bar in Arizona, their sexual chemistry is off the charts. But what is revealed during their "one week stand" only complicates matters.

Because she'll do everything in her power to get away from
Published October 7th 2013 by TLM Productions

To ask other readers questions about One to Hold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One to Hold

Lisa
Shelves: arc, for-review

description

One to Hold is Tia Louise's debut adult romance novel. Sometimes I get tired and inundated with all the new adult books that are out there; therefore, I wholeheartedly appreciated the fact that this is a stand-alone, sexy, adult novel. Yee haw! Not sure where the cowboy reference came from but we will just go with that. ;)

Melissa is on a spa retreat with her best friend. For her this retreat is an escape from her present life and what is about to come when she goes back home. She simply wants to
Christy
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: abuse, angst
4 Stars!
 photo 7f826593-5901-48fe-8d9d-1fd6bab602e5_zps77f4b9ac.jpg

Melissa is getting away for the week. She’s had a rough year and she’s going through some big changes. She needs some time to relax, escape from her life for just a little while. So she’s at the spa with her best friend. Her first night there, she meets a man at the bar. He’s not her normal type, big, bearded and gorgeous, but he wants her. He pursues her. This isn’t normal behavior for her, but she goes for it. She has nothing to lose. After the most incredible sex of her life, the gu
Tia Louise
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
★✩★ FREE BOOK ALERT ★✩★
ONE TO HOLD is FREE on ALL Ebook Retailers!

► Get ONE TO HOLD FREE!
Amazon: http://smarturl.it/OTHAA
iTunes: http://smarturl.it/iOTH
Kobo: http://smarturl.it/OTHKobo
ARe: http://bit.ly/19wehFF
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1cB7H6X
B&N: http://smarturl.it/OTHN

* * *

One to Hold is my debut adult romance, and I had so much fun writing it. I didn't realize going in how much I'd fall in love with these characters, and I can't wait to share Derek & Melissa's story with you! I think
Mo
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

I must say I really liked this one. A debut novel from this author. I saw the blurb for it a while back and marked it down to be read. It was fast paced, sex scenes were hot and both characters likeable

I could pretend to be free

Derek and Melissa meet at a Spa in Arizona. What I wouldn't give for a week in a place like that with maybe a bit of Derek thrown in. Doubt Himself would be too happy about it.

I really liked the two main characters. No bullshiting about, they knew what they wanted and w
Lisa Jayne
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
THREE AND A HALF HOLD ME STARS.

description

One likeable, short, sexy and emotional story with a broken heroine and a deliciously tempting hero. This book has mystery and shock reveals written all over it and enough steam to make any dirty romance addict smile. Here are my book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
One chance encounter in a bar in Arizona leads broken hearted Melissa Jones to an experience with a stranger than she never wants to forget. Ex marine Derek Alexander is drawn Melissa, their chemistry a
Shurrn
One Week can change everything...
This was not me. I did not fantasize about hooking up with strange men in bars. And a cocky alpha who studied me like a frontier landscape he was ready to conquer had never been my type. He probably wanted to tie me up or handcuff me to something. A delicious shiver passed through me at the thought.
Fun Fact: Tia Louise has made this book FREE on Amazon for at least the next few months!

One Bar.
One Gorgeous Man.
One Miserable Woman.
One Week.
Two secrets.

Somethin
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (2/4/2015)

BLURB:

Because she'll do everything in her power to get away from the past, but he'll do everything he can to hold her.

A STAND-ALONE, ONE TO HOLD NOV
Kobo: http://bit.ly/GJFwqn
ARe: http://bit.ly/19wehFF
Smash: http://bit.ly/GJFuPg

description

”I was just never the girl men sought out from across a room crowded with other options. Until last night…

One to Hold is a well done debut novel by Miss Tia Louise. The story is a standalone (yeah, hard to come by these days) and it was really well paced, well written, steamy and downright exciting.

Melissa is taking a break from it all with her b
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is my first book from Tia Louise and I can say that I really like her writing!!!
One To Hold is a quick, fun and hot read!! I was interested from the beginning till the end. Derek and Melissa were perfect together.I like both of them!!

The story begins with Melissa who is at a resort with her best friend Elaine.Melissa is trying to figure out how to get out of her previous life..Now is her oportunity to spend a week relaxing and receiving spa treatments.One night she ends up meeting the myste
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars

description

Melissa Jones is at a spa with her best friend Elaine and getting some relaxing done. It’s hinted that she’s had a pretty tough life so far and is using this one-week vacation to recharge. On the first night there, she meets the hottest guy she’s ever seen and she’s flattered that he gives her the time of day out of all the gorgeous women in the bar. He’s different from the usual type she goes for, but YOLO right? She has the best sex in her life that night and after they make a mutual ag
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Tia Louise fans, Romance
4 Done Right Stars
* * * * Free on Amazon
It must take a real leap of faith to put ideas down... work on it with everything you've got... and then hit the publish button...Yes, there is a lot more than just a few steps in publishing a book, but you get the picture... you need balls of steel to do it. What is so exciting is when everything can come together and a new author is on her way...

Well, I am coming to the table a little late, so it is already a proven fact Tia Louise has the goods and ha
Duchess Nicole
4.5 Stars

Every once in awhile, I read a book that instantly, from page one, settles around me as if it was written just for me. That's what I felt like with One to Hold.
I could really connect to this heroine. I felt like she was me. Not necessarily in the circumstances that her life has brought her to, but her mannerisms, her way of thinking, and her insecurities. It is so hard for me to appreciate book heroines, and it was a relief to get this immediate sense of camaraderie with Melissa.

Anothe
Pam
Dec 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars
He’d survive without his heart. He had mine to use in its place.

A week of pampering with her best friend Elaine is just what Melissa needed to come back to the life of the living, after a year of wallowing she is finally putting things in motion to get her life back. Although she is jaded she promises Elaine to let her hair down and have some fun, she meets a tall dark and handsome stranger at the bar and after a couple drinks and some flirty comments, they enjoy a night of passion. N
Jen
4.5 Week Long Stand Stars

For once, I wanted to forget last year even happened and be somebody else. I was out of town, in the desert, in a bar being hit on by a gorgeous stranger. Fate was giving me my chance.

And what a hot as hell chance it is! Melissa Jones is spending some much needed time with her bff at a posh spa in the middle of the Arizona desert. To say her life’s turned to utter shit in the past year would be an understatement. With everything in her life turned upside down, a little
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
4--ONE WEEK STAND--Stars!!

I thought this was a great debut from author Tia Louise. The book was a bit on the short side so there wasn't as much character and story development as I would prefer but overall I really enjoyed the story.

It was different then the typical NA/MA storyline that we see so often. And let's face it, you had me at the Warning!

WARNING: Mature themes, strong language and sexual content. Recommended for adult readers (18+) only!

And it definitely didn't disappoint in that depa
Catarina
3 Holding Stars.

Melissa is trying to get rid of her life for a week, she just wants a week where she can forget everything that she’s leaving behind. She and Elaine, her best-friend, go to a spa hotel on the middle of nowhere to relax and have some kind of fun.
One night she meets Derek at the hotel bar and everything changes. She starts to have feelings that she knows she can’t have, because her past makes her impossible to be hold by him.

description

Feelings get stronger than they ever expected, and in
Linda ❤️ SassyClassyNasty
4.5 Holy Hotness Stars!

First things first....

description

Bravo Tia Louise. If there's any way to debut a book, you have found the way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This story begins with Melissa and her best friend Elaina enjoying a relaxing vacation week at a spa in Arizona. Or at least it was supposed to be relaxing....
Melissa just needed to get away for a little bit. Her life in Baltimore was wearing on her and she needed a big change of scenery.

Cue, Derek:

How's that for scenery?

While hangi
Jamie
AN AWESOME DEBUT NOVEL!!

Yep, I really liked this one!! Super HOT, AMAZING chemistry, and a really great story line...

Melissa is at a spa resort in the desert with her besti for a week of relaxation, pampering, and escaping some shitty problems at home.. She's in serious need of break from her life, if only for a short while....

Derek, at the same resort for a conference with his business partner but hiding something...He's tall and strong and oh so sexy.....

When Derek and Melissa meet, she's at
Patrycja
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2013

One To Hold is wonderful, heartwarming and incredibly steamy debut novel, that made me swoon multiply times, caused my heart to skip more than few beats and gave me amazingly realistic, yet sweet romance. Everything girl can hope and dream for in contemporary romance is easily created feeling of transformation into Cinderella ready to find her prince. And this, dear ladies, Tia Louise pictured so effortlessly, that not only I was ready to go on ball, but I was already hearing wedding bells.

Melis
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
This is my first time reading Tia Louise, and for her debut novel, I would say kudos to a job well done! My first draw was the "mature content warning"....and I must say, well delivered girl!

Melissa is a woman seeking change, a chance to heal before returning to her messy reality some hundreds of miles away. Who knew a trip to the desert with her bestie would not only give her true pleasure but a chance for a better future.

One glance across a bar into the steel determined eyes of a stranger and
♥Rachel♥
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Lisa
One to Hold is about a powerful, immediate attraction meant only to last one week, but ends up being so much more. There’s a little danger, mystery, and a whole lot of scorching hot scenes!

Melissa is on a last minute spa vacation with her best friend, Elaine after making a tough decision in her life. She needs the escape, and one week in Arizona de-stressing is what Elaine ordered. While sitting in the hotel bar alone the first night, Melissa captures the attention of Derek, a good looking, and
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

This book was wonderfully sweet and sexy because of one man -- Derek Alexander!

" Blue eyes, strikingly blue eyes. He was huge, His chest strained against the tight, black shirt he wore, and his biceps stretched the sleeves"

photo david-gandy-august-man9-1.jpg

And Melissa Jones,

photo d1c8858ff23179a4038e01d0221b8401.jpg

Melissa and her mate, Elaine is on a spa retreat when she meets Derek. The heat between is so hot and became undeniably steamy when they hooked up. Melissa decided that she could do with an one-night stand. By the end of the retreat, both of them are ki
Claire Robinson
Shelves: shit-hot-series
WOW, is all I can say, if this is Tia Louise’s first foray into the erotic/romantic fiction world, I for one can’t wait to see what she has in store for us next.
This talented lady has packed a whole lotta story into such a short book. But the great thing is, it doesn’t feel rushed, the flow of the story and the character/plot development is really impressive.

The chemistry between Derek and Melissa is off the charts right from the start of the book, and I have to say the sex scenes *phew fans sel
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Finding the right one Stars

This is my second Tia Louise book. One to Hold is a standalone and is part of the One to Hold series. I read book 7, One to Chase and I loved it so much I’m going back and making my way through the series. The writing style is a bit different in this one. I would say it’s a little more formal and not as laid-back like One to Chase. Regardless, both writing styles work for me. I’m not too picky, I kind of like the variety because it kind of changes things up.

This is D
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Arc generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Four stars for this fast past story.
For more reviews please visit http://www.sizzlingpages.com/

"One to Hold" is an erotic, quick read filled with hot scenes, characters with troubled pasts, and angst. We are first introduced to Melissa, a woman we quickly learn is running away from a life filled with misery. She is a broken woman, with little self-esteem and bares many painful secrets. Her refuge is found during a one week spa vac
Jonetta
I liked this story but didn't love it, primarily because of its structure. It begins with the encounter between Melissa and Derek, before knowing anything about them. It all makes sense as you delve further into the story but it's always difficult for me when a story begins with the sex and I haven't had a chance to invest in the characters.

The entire story is told from Melissa's point of view until the epilogue and we get Derek's perspective. It was a great way to close this chapter of the tri
Aleatha Romig
I loved this fun read. It isn't long, yet it's a full length novel. The story starts with a HOT, STEAMY, BANG...and the steam continues, yet there is a STORY and well developed characters. That doesn't always happen. I enjoyed learning who were the good guys and who were the bad guys..things weren't always as they seemed and the story alone kept me turning the page.
The hot scenes made me turn the pages faster and faster!
I can't wait to read more of what Tia Louise writes!
This fun, steamy, hot,
Holly
I am so happy that I was given this book to review because let me just tell you what a sweet little gem it is!! For a debut novel it ROCKED!! Bravo Ms. Louise – I can’t wait for more!

Melissa heads off to a spa retreat in the hopes that a week of relaxing will help her forget, if only for a little while, the nightmare that her life has become. She never expected to meet a deliciously sexy man who brings out the sex goess in her! But oh, does she ever!

Derek Alexander, ex-cop, retired Marine, all
Debra

★★★★ 3.5+ stars!

Review to come.

**Copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**
♥Sharon♥
Dec 14, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 - 3 Stars

This one just didn't turn out the way I had hoped it would. For the first 30% of the book I struggled with making a connection with the two main characters Derek and Melissa.

It probably is a case of it is me and my mood rather than the book itself. Because honestly the writing was good, there were some pretty steamy sex scenes but I just found myself wanting a little bit more. I just felt things were rushed.

There was a twist I absolutely didn't expect and that made things a bit mo
  • Naughty in Norway
  • Rotten
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • More Than Words
  • Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Ignite (Explosive, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Walkers Ford, #1)
  • Permanent (Indelibly Marked, #1)
  • Text (Take It Off, #4)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Coming Back to You
  • Broken (Save Me, #2)
  • This Love's Not for Sale
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • Sin at Sea (Sinful, #1)
  • Barely Undercover (Legal Heat, #2)
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Bigger Than the Sky (Serenity Point, #1)
Tia Louise is a former journalist, world-traveler, and collector of beautiful men (who inspire ALL of her stories... *wink*)---turned wife, mommy, and USA Today bestselling author (buried the lede).

It's possible she has a slight truffle addiction. And she will never look at a family restroom the same way again.

COMING JAN. 2018: THE BRIGHT LIGHTS DUET

NEW RELEASE: WHEN WE TOUCH, a USA Today bestsell
More about Tia Louise...

One to Hold (9 books)
  • One to Keep (One to Hold, #2)
  • One to Protect (One to Hold, #3)
  • One to Love (One to Hold, #4)
  • One to Leave (One to Hold, #5)
  • One to Save (One to Hold, #6)
  • One to Chase (One to Hold, #7)
  • One to Take (One to Hold, #8)
  • One Immortal
“It was as if all the negatives in my life had managed to twist out one beautiful positive for me.” 2 likes
“I know right then she’s saying she’ll do whatever I want, and that’s the funny thing with power. When the one you love gives it to you, you start looking for every opportunity to give it back or at the very least, use it for her happiness.” 1 likes