Start by marking “Elven Jewel (Hunters of Reloria)” as Want to Read:
Elven Jewel (Hunters of Reloria)

Elven Jewel (Hunters of Reloria)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
This fantasy adventure begins when the magical continent of Reloria is threatened by cruel, scaly invaders called Vergai from the wastelands of Vergash. These invaders are barbaric and are intent on destroying the protective elven forcefield and conquering peaceful Reloria. The Vergais’ plan is to steal the Elven Jewel which is the key to the Relorian defence system.

Halfli
Published June 29th 2013

Kasper
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hi all, I hope you enjoy Elven Jewel. It's a fantasy novel with dwarves, elves, halflings and a bad-ass dragon. Happy reading :-)
Fi Chadwick
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed reading Elven Jewel ! I havent read alot of fantasy books, and picked this up on recommendation from a friend. Where the quest came upon danger, i found myself reading ahead to make sure my favourite characters were safe, then go back to my original spot. I loved the story line. The Halflings and their bond fairies were very interesting and fun to follow, and the dragon who saves the day. I'm looking forward to starting the Hunters Quest and will enjoy reading again with my ...more
Joanne Steptoe
A well written book with new and unique characters to appeal to fantasy readers. The characters are diverse, but the individual traits and personalities are not neglected, allowing the reader to develop a love for each of the 'Hunters of Reloria'.

Look forward eagerly to reading the sequel.
Lucinda
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A supremely magical fantasy story of extraordinary depth and inspired vision

Similarly to master mythmaker, the legendary JRR Tolkien this truly remarkable debut novel is a masterwork of refreshing originality and breathtaking scope. What the deftly woven narrative lacks in profundity and intricate details (as to the world-building), more than makes up in imaginative concepts and inventive ideas. The use of metaphorical nuance as an undertone to Kasper Beaumont’s fantasy world is brilliant, as it
Kitty Muse Book Reviews
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Randir and Fendi are halflings who live in Southdale, on the continent of Reloria. Theirs is a busy but happy life, until the day they are surprised by the appearance of strange creatures they had never seen before.
It turns out that their beautiful Reloria is the last holdout against the Vergai, who want this place for themselves. Their own land has been destroyed by their carelessness, and now they seek the Elven Jewel so that they can break the forcefield surrounding Reloria. With that accompl
Diane Robinson
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-fiction
Review by Diane Mae Robinson, author.

The story started out slow for me, but as I read more into the adventure and got closer to the characters, I couldn't help but become drawn into this fantasy world. This world is in some ways familiar to the reader, yet has its own uniqueness in the diverse, entertaining characters and plot to make it an original fantasy tale.

The characters are original, well-rounded, and believable. The reader comes away from the story with the sense that not all beings are
Emilie
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Elven Jewel will slowly and deliberately draw you into a new world created by a talented author. The characters are well described, as well as the landscape. The plotline flows cleanly and blends with a few back stories of some of the characters nicely. You are not bogged down with weighty prose and even the lulls in the story are intriguing. The character that I thought needed more personality was Prince/Sir Varnon. He was too monochromatic for me. He needed to do something either extremely ...more
Yelle Hughes
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Whole New World!

The Elven Jewel is a great fantasy novel I had the pleasure of reading. Nicely written with a solid pace. I fell into the world of Reloria and it's people. What I really liked about it, was all the different species coming together for one cause...to protect their world from the Vergai.

Though much of the story was centered around the halflings, Randir and Fendi and their fairies. I enjoyed meeting all the rest of the cast. The epic battle near the end is one I want to read agai
Beth Hale
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I do not normally read fantasy and was a little hesitant about reading Elven Jewel. But now that I have read it, I wonder why I didn't read it sooner. Kasper Beaumont has created a magical world where adventures lurk around every corner. The plot is well developed, and I was pulled into the story at once. The characters are unique and diverse with personalities that make them real and relatable. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a great read.
Kayla Krantz
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
~I received a free copy for my honest review~

This book has all the great fantasy elements, a kidnapped princess, elves, and yes, a dragon. The more I read though, the more this book reminded me a lot of Lord of the Rings, and I mean that in a good way. There’s a lot going on in this book with subplots that I can’t do a justice by summarizing in a few paragraphs so I’ll say the main goal of the book—keeping the Elven Jewel safe much in the same way the goal of Lord of the Rings was to keep the ri
Y. Correa
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

"Elven Jewel" is a fantasy story very similar in construction to Lord of The Rings. As a matter of fact, many times as I read I mentally replaced "the jewel" with "the ring" and it was as though I was reading the very same story.

You've got elves, and dwarfs, and halflings, and basically the entire armada of folklore creatures.

The main characters are 3 Halflings; Fendi, Randir and Sienna. They come from a
Edward
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Etomes original Elven Jewel review

Elven Jewel is the first book of Hunters of Reloria trilogy by Kasper Beaumont.

The peaceful continent of Reloria is under the threat of an invasion by barbaric lizard-men called Vergai. In order to launch a full scale invasion, the Vergai first need to capture the Elven Jewel that powers the protective force field surrounding Reloria and protecting it against foreign forces.

Young halflings Randir and Fendi are the first ones to encounter a raiding party of Verga
Charline Ratcliff
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I recently came in contact with new-to-the-scene, Fantasy Author, Kasper Beaumont, via Twitter several months back. While introducing himself, Kasper had also asked if I would be interested in reviewing Elven Jewel, Book One of a new trilogy: Hunters of Reloria. Being that I thoroughly enjoy the Fantasy genre, I agreed; practically sight unseen.

In retrospect, I’m happy that I did because Elven Jewel turned out to be a good read. It was interesting, entertaining, and easily able to capture my ima
Nada Sobhi
Elven Jewel by Kasper Beaumont is the first instalment in the Hunters of Reloria series, which feels a lot like, and has many similarities with, The Lord of the Rings. Elven Jewel, however, is written for a much younger audience.

Elven Jewel opens with the halflings having fun but suddenly they see invading Vergai creatures, which are described as “reptilian creatures” and I couldn’t help but picture them as walking crocodile-like creatures.
Soon, we are thrown into a quest to seek out the elves
Michael Curry
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elven Jewel, Book One of the Hunters of Reloria series by Kasper Beaumont.
An excellent adventure in a Tolkien-esque world populated by elves, dwarves, humans and halflings.
Reloria is “a peaceful land, protected by a massive force field” from the reptilian Vergais, who are determined to invade and complete their conquest of this world. The evil lizard men can occasionally rend a hole in the field and enter Reloria.
During one incursion they meet a family of halflings. The family travel through
Kindle Ninja
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read plenty of articles and blog posts about the book (and the author) before actually diving into the Elven Jewel realm. So, by the time I read the book, I knew that I should expect halflings, fairies, reptilian creatures, and best of all, a dragon! So, I came prepared to meet all these fascinating characters.

What this book reminds me of is questing in a Dungeons & Dragons Online game, where you band together with different characters and classes to defeat a Boss! Each character has st
Chris Johnson
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found Elven Jewel captivating. In some ways, it reminded me of Enid Blyton crossed with JK Rowling. It's told from the viewpoint of young halflings, yet it possesses a unique charm to Tolkien's sagas. There are hints of sex but in a view similar to a young boy learning the wonders of a woman's beauty with innocent eyes - basically, PG-13 like you would see in a Disney movie.

The characters are well illustrated (words and pictures) and each of them has a story and backstory to enchant with the s
Nightlight
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is incredibly good, it starts of slow but everything fantasy does. But once you get into the meat of the story there is some great moments and the relationship between the Halflings and bond fairies is beautiful and towards the end so sad. And I personally love swords and magic so that is a big plus for me. Overall this is a very solid book good for all people from 8 to an billion or something . Also I like that there a dwarfs going round selling beer and drinking so of it too. But mos ...more
Evels
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a fantasy book since The Hobbit trilogy which I loved. Never got around to reading the Harry Potter series although I have seen all the movies. Elven Jewel is right up there with these books. It is very imaginative with an abundance of interesting characters. Book 1 will leave you wanting to read Book 2. After all, we have to find out what happens to the jewel, don't we? If you want a quick read that will take you away from your daily routine, I recommend this well thought-out boo ...more
Aloy Ricketts
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book. The author has a wonderful way of using words. I'm not a fantasy type reader however, for the "Eleven Jewel," I make an exception. I love the whole plot and setting of the story plus, the author does an excellent job in portraying all characters. I was fully Immersed into this book; is like I was in the story. For anyone who like fantasy novels, the "Eleven Jewel," is a must read. Excellent job Kasper Beaumont, and I look forward to more of your books.
Gissel Brito
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very fun and refreshing book. I enjoyed following Fendi and Randir and found myself turning the pages, eager to know what will happen next. The world-building, too, was fantastic. Aside from the great plot and characters, the story was very well written.
I highly recommend this amazing book, and I am looking forward to reading the next installment.
Tracey Mason
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the characters, and what an adventure! Bought one for my kids, and one for a friends, enjoyed by all.
Jeanette
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elven Jewel by Kasper Beaumont is a rollicking grand adventure with echoes of Lord of the Rings and, perhaps, of The Ranger's Apprentice, but it is its own story, and I thoroughly enjoyed the read - probably more aimed at the Young Adult audience than Middle Grade audience.

When two halflings lads (Fendi and Randir) and their bond fairies observe the arrival of reptilian warriors (Vergai) in the peaceful fields of Southdale, they are precipitated on dangerous journey first to warn, and then to s
April Duffy
Oct 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Kasper Beaumont’s Elven Jewel is a book that is a lot like the characters within it, a little predictable, highly flawed, and a bit rough around the edges, but absolutely lovely all the same.

Elven Jewel, the first in Beaumont’s Hunters of Reloria series, falls easily into the epic fantasy category, complete with the mandatory elves and dwarves; the main characters, halflings Randir, Fendi, Old Fandri, and their bond-fairies (fairies bound to halflings from birth) embark on the quest to save the
Queen Spades
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Note: This title was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Things the author did well

(1) The author does a good job at setting up a scene, describing things in a way that makes the reader feel like he or she is there.

(2) There was some dialogue that made me chuckle here and there, particularly between the fairies and their owners.

(3) I did like the hues on the cover.

Things that were opportunities for the author

(1) I believe that too much was presented too soon. For me, I was fa
TheCosyDragon
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it

The halflings live a life of peace until their lives are endangered by cruel invaders. What starts off as a quest to warn the protectors, becomes a quest to rescue the Elven Jewel and save Reloria.

I put off reading this novel because the cover didn’t fill me with confidence (I have included the updated image here). Lo and behold, setting off into
Nobody Loser
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Initially, I didn't fall in love with Elven Jewel. It started out a little slow for me, but what high fantasy doesn't start that way? Another issue I had is that during some of the fast paced moments a bit of description is lost, specifically during some of the beginning battles. There were a few issues with editing, but any of us who have written a book know how difficult it is for indie authors to check their own work. A fresh pair of eyes is key.

The story has some old ideas and some new, but
Harmony Kent
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Reviewed on behalf of The Review Board by Harmony Kent.

I received a free mobi copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review.

Elven Jewel is the first book in a fantasy series. It is reminiscent of Lord of the Rings in many areas, but aimed at a younger audience. A couple of Halfling boys see an invading force of Vergai entering their land of Reloria, and they—together with their father—set off in a race against time to save the Elven Jewel that helps to protect the land. They leave their pe
Sara Lunardi
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-authors
This book really deserves 5 stars. It's a classical epic fantasy that follows the best Lord of the Rings' tradition.
The plot is simple. The adventure starts when the Vergai, cruel soldiers who have the shape of reptile-like creatures, invade the peaceful world of Reloria. They want to steal the Elven Jewel, a magical stone able to create a shield to protect the Relorian land.
A group of people, coming from different regions of Reloria and different races – halflings, elves, dwarves, knights, and
Melyssa Winchester
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I should start off by saying Elven Jewel is the first book of Hunters of Reloria trilogy. It is not a standalone which I honestly didn't pay attention to when I started reading it. So now, I have to pick up the other books because WOW. It can't just end there for me.

Here are my thoughts on this story.

I haven't ready a fantasy book in ten years. Sad but true. I've read paranormal fantasy I suppose, but there was always more of a romantic undertone to it. Actual fantasy, where there is more focus
« previous 1 3 next »
Kasper J. Beaumont was born and raised in Australia and lives a quiet life with the family in a seaside town. Kasper has combined a love of fantasy and a penchant for travel in this trilogy. Kasper started to write on the urging of friends and family and enjoys watching readers become immersed in the magical world of Reloria.

The Hunters of Reloria trilogy:
Elven Jewel was published as an ebook and
More about Kasper Beaumont