Start by marking “Protecting His Witness (Red Stone Security, #7)” as Want to Read:
Protecting His Witness (Red Stone Security, #7)

Protecting His Witness

(Red Stone Security #7)

Seven years ago she broke his heart…

Published August 26th 2013 by Katie Reus

To ask other readers questions about Protecting His Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting His Witness

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3 Stars

This was a decent suspense romance...not the best I've ever read, but not the worst either.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I swear Katie’s Red Stone Security books get better with each one. If you have not enjoyed one of the books in this series yet let me assure you that you can start with any one of them. They each work as stand alones and can be read in any order. Characters from past books occasionally have a tiny role. Just be aware that you will most likely meet a character she has plans for in a future book.
Vincent has been one such character on several occasions. He finally got his own story with Protecting
Jae
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Good writing, just not a very good story or plot for a suspense. Too bland for my liking. I just skimmed through towards the end.

Need more twist 3stars.
Sheryl C. Nash
YUP, reading this just confirmed something for me...

(besides the fact that Katie Reus is one AWESOME, KICKASS erotic romantic suspense author)

I HONESTLY want to do ALL the men of Red Stone Security
Laura Wright
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sigh...
Nicole Macdonald
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reus’ RED STONE SECURITY only gets better and better……….

Protecting His Witness is the 7th book in Katie Reus' series Red Stone Security. This book tells the story of Jordan Alvarado and Vincent Hansen. They met while Jordan was finishing her college degree and Vincent was on medical leave from the Navy SEALS. Deeply in love, Vincent was planning to propose to Jordan when she disappeared from his life without a word. Now, seven years later, Jordan is back and free to tell Vincent the truth abou
Margreet Asselbergs
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it

My rating: 4 of 5 ⭐

Without a word she left, just packed up her apartment, no forwarding address, nothing. Until now, seven years later, sitting outside his house in a car. Vincent Hansen can barely contain himself he is that furious. He went nuts right after she disappeared, not knowing what had happened, he wanted some answers......now.

Jordan Alvarado knew she would break his heart when she left, but she had no choice. The alternative would have been much
Amy R
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was very pleased with Protecting His Witness by Katie Reus. Sounds kind of a weird phrase for a review, right? Well I say it because I was just a bit disappointed in the last couple of Red Stone Security books because I thought they were headed towards more sex and less suspense. I know hot and sexy sells, but Katie writes such great suspense-filled stories I was afraid she was giving that up for the hot, intimate scenes.

Protecting His Witness was different, to me though with more plot and ch
Nina
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:

Seven years ago she broke his heart…

Leaving Vincent was the hardest thing Jordan Alvarado ever had to do, but she had no choice. Now she’s back and looking for forgiveness so she can move on with her life. She doesn’t expect the smoldering attraction between them to still be there, burning hotter than ever. After the way she hurt him she knows things will never be the same again and that in the end, she’s the one who will get her heart broken when he walks away.

He’s not letting her
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

So, today I got a chance to read the next Red Stone Security book, Protecting His Witness by Katie Reus. I have to say I'm impress by the action, danger and the villain.

Jordan Alvarado went into the witness protection program seven years earlier, because she help catch a psycho. While in the process, she left behind her old life and a fantastic boyfriend, Vincent Hansen. Vincent never understood why Jordan up and disappear on him, but now he's wondering what she was do
Samantha
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read in this series and I have to say I enjoyed it. The suspense is there from the first few pages till the end which makes you want to see what happens next.
I liked the Author’s writing style the story is well written and I can say after reading this one I will be checking out the others.
The passion and bond between Vincent and Jordan was there from the 4 months they had together till she disappeared for 7 years. They both moved on with their lives until Jordan cou
Heather
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Protecting His Witness is Book 7 in Katie Reus’ Red Stone Security Series. You do not need to read the series to enjoy these book – they are able to stand alone but there are some “visits” from other Red Stone agents which make it worth your time to read the series. This is Vincent and Jordan’s story. First off let me say that I have anticipated reading Vincent’s book for a while. The prologue set up the book really well (it describes Jordan and Vincent’s meeting and relationship at the beginnin ...more
Sunny
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the Red Stone Security series and this one falls right into line in terms of drama, sex and overall hotness. I enjoyed the story a lot. However, I couldn't help but feel that it was a wee bit formulaic.
Mandy
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: katie-reus
This was one of my favorites of the series. I was really looking forward to Vincent's story and I was not disappointed by his and Jordan's story. They had super awesome chemistry and obviously had never gotten over each other. Their reunion was sweet and passionate.
Zita
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-arcs
A love that survived the years…

This review applies to the audible version.

This is the seventh book in the Redstone Security series that can be read as a stand-alone.

Jordan Alvarado’s actions one evening saved a friend and led her to a decision that impacted the man that she loved. She was in college at the time and four months into a relationship with him. She didn’t know where their future was headed so though it hurt her to do so she made the best choice possible for him without his knowledge.
AnnaBanana
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don’t think I will ever get enough of this series and the characters! I get so excited when I see that there will be a new Red Stone Security book releasing soon and I’m always very impatient to get my hands on it. And they just keep getting better and better! I honestly don’t know how Katie does it, but she does and I am SO very thankful! The men in these books are all the macho badass type, which I love and they have the best taste in women! I think what I love so much about these stories is ...more
Michelle
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review as posted at Amazon.com
I am a huge fan of the Red Stone Security series, for a few pretty simple reasons. The characters have great interactions, the plot is always paced well & the story never fails to keep me interested. Katie Reus' stories are consistently good, and Protecting His Witness is one of my favorites. Vincent is the typical Alpha male, protective of his mother and sisters, and loyal to his friends and fellow co-workers. "Tall, dark, and handsome. That was Vincent. Whe
T.M. Payne
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book: Protecting His Witness (Red Stone Security #7)
Author: Katie Reus
Publication Date: 8/26/2013
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW

This is Vincent and Jordan’s story.

Vincent was in the navy prior to joining Red Stone Security and back in California he was dating Jordan and after only 4 months of dating he knew he was falling hard for her.

There was some random fires and women going missing and one night when Jordan was about to head home she spotted what looked
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Katie Reus is an awesome writer!I have read a couple of her books & have not been disappointed yet.

This particular story moved fast! It was a 1/2 book for me... Jordan & Vincent were in love. Jordan witnesses a murder & is placed in witness protection for seven years. When the mess is over, she tracks down Vincent to apologize for leaving him with no word & to explain what happened. He's at war with his feelings because he still loves her, but isn't sure he should give in to her
Olimpia
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Protecting His Witness is book 7 of the Red Stone Security Series by Katie Reus. And its as enjoyable as the others. Filled with lots of suspense, romance and emotions. Action packed and fast paced.

This one centers around Vincent and Jourdan. Vincent was always known as a player and a lady’s man, but unbeknownst to all his coworkers, there was one who held his heart once. Seven years before Vincent was in love with Jourdan, and ready to commit to forever, but then Jourdan just left. With no word
Stephanie F
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I love this series and each book seems to get better and better. While you can read each book as a stand alone I would recommend starting from the beginning. You see characters from previous books in each new one. Vincent has been in past books and he had lost the woman he loved Jordan, when she suddenly disappeared. He had tried finding her but eventually tried to move on. Jordan suddenly shows back up in his life and on at his front door wanting to explain everything.
Experiencing Vinc
Barbara
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all the books in the Red Stone Security series, and book 7, Protecting His Witness did not disappoint.

Seven years ago Jordan had to leave Vincent and go into witness protection. Now that the threat is over, she is back to ask/beg his forgiveness and come clean with the only man she's ever loved.

Vincent's heart was broken when Jordan left without saying a word. But now that she's back he must figure out what his feelings are and where she fits in his life. As Vincent and Jordan try
Sheri
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jordan and Vincent have a past that left them both hurting and broken, and unable to love another the same way again. I adored these two. They have this chemistry that jumps right off the page. It’s obvious in the way that they can’t keep their hands off each other even after not seeing each other for a long time.

Throw in Vincent’s mile wide protective streak and someone stalking Jordan and the story really turns into a volatile thrill ride that I was happy to be dragged right along with them.
Athena
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story..Vincent and Jordan..

It's a different story from the others..It shows the real power of love..

Jordan made a selfless decision,which may have hurt Vincent but in a way it was the right thing to do..And that's what Jordan ever does..
She witnesses a crime and she runs to rescue her friend..She chooses to hurt her love,instead of destroying his life and his family..She is one of the most decent and selfless characters I've ever read..

Vincent is simply an amazing guy..He loves Jordan
Melissa Vasquez
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am truly enjoying this series.

The second chances at love is great.

Jordan suddenly reappears into Vincent's life just as fast as she disappeared out of it.
She took part of him with her when she left. And she left part of her behind. They had unfinished business that needed to be dealt with. When Jordan is facing danger, Vincent has no plans of letting her face it by herself this time.

This story will pull you all different directions. The emotions that are played out make your heart stop, o
Kelly
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
***ARC received through Netgalley***

"Protecting his witness" is the second book written by Katie Reus I've read, and I wasn't disappointed by it because I actually prefer this one to "First Surrender". It was a quick and nice story about love that never really dies. You can get attached to the characters, and here no one annoyed me or anything so that was a pretty good point. I really enjoyed reading this romantic suspense with a touch of erotica. It was fast and light with an HEA. There was e
Focusfound
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book as I have the previous books in the series. I just feel like the story (which could have been lengthened) was packed into a smaller package that didn't do it justice. Normally there is so much going on that I don't want the book to end. I get so wrapped up in the characters. I didn't want this book to end either but only because I felt like I didn't get nearly enough. There seemed to be so many areas that didn't feel complete. But, overall I enjoyed the boo ...more
Sharon Kurtz
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper, pbs-ta
This is the first Red Stone Security book that I have read and although it is book 7 of a series it is easily a standalone read.

It has been a long time since I simply couldn't put a book down but this one I read from start to finish. The characters were heartwarming and heartbreaking. The story line was excellent as was the editing. The capture of the villain could have been a little more exciting but then the story WAS about Vincent and Jordan.

All I can say is 'well done' and I can't wait to r
Janet
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Katie Reus gives her readers another gift in this well crafted novella that is part of her Red Stone Security Series. She is an excellent romantic suspense writer and I recommend her highly. Her characters are always full dimensional and strong. Her pacing is strong, even if her books are too short! She always includes the right amount of romance, action, sex and suspense. Each of the novellas could stand alone, but why? Do yourself the favor of reading them all.
*I received my copy from NetGalle
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
I am so happy to see Vincent's story. I have been patiently waiting(not) for his time and it was better than I expected. Most stories when their the length of this novel rush thru scenes and you feel as if you missed something. Not this story because in previous books with Vincent you knew that he was pining for someone, you now know the reason. Really enjoyed the story and will recommend it to anyone who enjoy a lot of action with some stupendous romance thrown in.

• Tempting Trouble
  • Shatter (Phoenix Rising, #4)
  • Sharpshooter (Shadow Agents, #3)
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • Wicked Firsts
  • Bad Nights (Rockfort Security, #1)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Pack Hunter (Were Chronicles, #8)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more

Red Stone Security (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • No One to Trust (Red Stone Security, #1)
  • Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)
  • Fatal Deception (Red Stone Security, #3)
  • Miami, Mistletoe & Murder (Red Stone Security, #4)
  • His to Protect (Red Stone Security, #5)
  • Breaking Her Rules (Red Stone Security, #6)
  • Sinful Seduction (Red Stone Security, #8)
  • Under His Protection (Red Stone Security, #9)
  • Deadly Fallout (Red Stone Security, #10)
  • Sworn to Protect (Red Stone Security, #11)