Start by marking “Burned by Passion” as Want to Read:
Burned by Passion

Burned by Passion

Even good girls make mistakes.

Kira Taylor was shocked to meet her boss’s handsome, long-absent son and find him even more lethal in the flesh. He’d always been just a face in a photo - and nothing had prepared her for the way they clashed and burned when they finally met.

Blake Carter returned to America for a reunion with a father he hadn’t seen since he was ten. But Blake
Published August 19th 2013 (first published August 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Burned by Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burned by Passion

Tamekia
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ir-fan
Lots of twists and turns .....wholly drama batman!!!! Loved the alpha in Blake, like father like son cause his dad was equally protective of Kira.
Marsha
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Burned by Passion by Dez Burke is a really well written erotic love story. Burke takes on some tough challenges with this one, but portrays them with grace and respect. It lost a star for editing, but is well worth the read. Apparently I have had this one for a while as it is no longer available in e-book.
Pauline Steer
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loves the author and read the book in one hour. Loves the book ,such a short and amazing sweet second story .Loves It

Compositional much. Would recommend it to all and anyone who had a rough time growing up in the poorer areas
Crystal
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Rant:

Burned by passion was an exotic read. I really enjoyed this story and the characters. The authors writing style was fluent and the story completely took off before I knew what was happening. I fell in love with Blake immediately. He was confident, daring and compassionate. I was glad to see that him and his father were able to make some headway in their relationship even though there was a lot of heart ache. Kira had some issued due to her past. Her father was a complete jerk. I wanted
Thedarkerhalf
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Oh Hello Readers! Today I'm reviewing Burned by Passion by Dez Burke, an interesting story and departure from what I have come across lately. Burned tells the story of a confidant young black woman named Kira and her boss's son Blake. Kira struggles with many obstacles through out the book some of them being race, social status and her own personal history, all while refusing to notice that the guy she is fighting so hard against is who she is meant for. Dez opens the book with a homecoming for ...more
Amaranthine
Jul 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ugh
I fully admit this is a DNF for me, although I have to say, it's more of a CNF (could-not-finish) because I felt like my brain was going to fall out of my head in protest if I read anymore of this insipid melodrama. Let's see, we have a juvenile writing style, combined with a H/h that are late twenties yet speak and act fourteen, and, oh, and did I mention the melodrama?

(view spoiler)
Daria
Read and Reviewed for WeLoveKink.com 10 book bundle Curves For Him

Quiet interesting read... a smack in the face look at parents.. well fathers mostly. That saying comes to mind. “We can't choose who our family is”.. There is all kinds of issues and drama, almost too much, to be able to keep up with. (The biggest reason I rated it a 3) Though I have to say as a first for me author I liked Ms. Burke. Ill be interested in reading something else of hers.
Blake is coming home to make up for lost time
a_tiffyfit
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review to come with tour. Quick steamy read with a HEA.
*************
I initially had mixed feelings about this book. I mean...she has a BOYFRIEND and she's utterly consumed with the sexy hotness of her boss's son, including having sex dreams about him, and she keeps her boyfriend at arm's length anyway. Cheating in books is a turn off for me, but you know what? Terrence freaking deserved it anyway, that violent, vile, pretentious jerkwad. Grrrrr!

Like with many romances, there's a wham-bam-thank-y
Laura Carson
* I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 1/2 stars

Burned by Passion was an up and down read for me. When I first started it the story did grab my attention but it didn't hold it as well as I hoped and things started falling apart. My biggest problem was the heroine, Kira Taylor, secretary to Blake Carter's estranged father and all around lacking a back bone. Weak heroines are a pet peeve of mine and Kira hit every mark. The overly dramatized combative nature of her ch
Sabrina Olteanu
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

This a short, but intriguing book. I liked it a lot. Dez Burke created a story that you can compare to the real life, but at the same time seeing from the point of view of someone else. Our main character, Kira goes throw a lot in her live. From suffering because of her history, from social problems because people are still racists, from social problems as well. Let’s just say, because Kira it’s a strong black independent women, life hasn't b
Carin
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
When Kira first lays eyes on a picture of her bosses son Blake she is instantly attracted but at the same time has a boyfriend and doesn't want the hassle of an inter-racial relationship.

Blake wants Kira from the moment he sees her across the room, even when he thinks she is his dads date.

Kira and Blake have a lot to overcome to get to the happy ever after at the end, will assumptions and misunderstandings ruin that chance?

I liked the story this book had to tell, I loved the way that Blake and
Mspraise50
Aug 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I love this author but I have to say that I did not enjoy this book as much as the others. It started off with the action I like right from the start. However, what happened after that between the two principle characters was not enjoyable for me. Their love was not sweet at all and after the great experience they had of their hot passion what the Kira did next by continuing to go out with another man when Blake told her of his interest and how he wanted to pursue their relationship. He even bro ...more
Lucretia
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book alot. I loved the immediate connection that Blake and Kira had. I love that he was willing to put all of his feeling out there and let her know what he was feeling and what he wanted. What I didn't like was the up and down emotional crap Kira was going through even when she was married to Blake I understood why she was that way I still didn't like it :). But I was impressed with Blake's patience and the dominance when needed to fight for Kira and didn't give up on her and mad ...more
Julia
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh wow! A fast paced, sizzling hot story that will keep your attention to the very last page! The story itself is not long but the author makes picking up this book worth it. I cannot wait to pick up my next book by Dez Burk.

Kira's the secretary, Blake her boss's long time no see son. Upon meeting Blake, Kira's imagination runs wild, she's only seen him in pictures, in person he's so much more than she imagined. Blake only came home to reunite with his father after years of being away. Never in
Christie
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In the latest masterpiece by Miss Burke, we see that Bretton Carter maneuver a meeting between his estranged son and his African American secretary whom he considers to be like a daughter. There is an instant attraction which leads to a ONS and you must read the book to find out the rest.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the books that I have read by this author. While the beginning and the ultimate ends may be similar the details in the middle vary. I would like to see the author expand the len
T.
Oct 28, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this book in a giveaway. I really tried to like this one, but it seemed the writer was more focused on the black woman, white male protagonists than writing a strong storyline. There were some good aspects to the plot, but every time I got drawn in, there was some deal about interracial this, strong black woman that. geez, we're all simply people with issues - get over it. Really good base story, but the characters were too over the top for me.
Kim
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Probably one of my favs from this author, the plot had me from the start. Blake and Kira had some amazing chemistry together, and their love scenes could have caused a five alarm fire. Not what I expected at all. Although this book is short you would never know because this author does such a good job of getting to the point with her storylines. Well done, and I am really enjoying her work.
Jessica Gomez
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This interracial balck woman white man erotic romance was good.I liked the chemistry and undenible connection between these two people. I loved that his father was playing matchmaker. You got that vibe. The hot first sexual tryst was steamy. It was definitely scorching. The hot library encounter was hmmm mm mm mmmmm. Made my toes curl.
Leslee Anderson
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: june-2014, box-sets
Wow. Lots of drama but that's what makes it good. I can't imagine the self-loathing that she has bottled up inside her. Kira seems weak at times but I really think it's the fear of becoming what her father called her. While I like Blake I'm not sure he is strong enough for Kira. He is passionate about her but I don't see strength. This was part of the Curves for Him box set.
Rose helg
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Could have been better

This book has a real good chance, if it was done over. She should not blame him. He should have fright harder. It should have more romance in it. Please go bhai back and rewrite this book, and let me know. Put, more into it, romance, feeling on both side, adventure. Be her, what do you want from him. What do you want from her.
Lin ( Nerdy Bookworm)
Jun 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
Confusing

I love this author and her writing style however this story appears to be confusing and rushed. While reading this story nothing was clear and many characters involved had left me wondering what's the score. There was no more mention about her father and the jealous ex friend ending.
Ragatnia Clara
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this kind of book. Not too short and not too long it makes you bored. The story line was nice, the characters were great, I loved Blake! This book actually could diver such mixed emotions. Sometimes I felt angst and sadness. This is perfectly a nice light read!
Toya Z
It was Meh... Short listen, about 5 1/2 hours. Good thing, h was just......pathetic. Kept checking how much time was left.
Tashia
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This felt rushed and incomplete at the same time... but still good read.
Lorrie Moar
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great short read after a long day at work. A sweet steamy read that I enjoyed.
Amy
Apr 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Read as part of "Tough and Tender" box set.
Helen May
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A steamy modern day romance. Interesting and fun to read.
Kara
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Darn good book! I enjoyed reading this book! Dez Burke has quickly become a favorite of mine!! I recommend this book to anyone that likes IR books and romance!! Get it on audio! Even better!
Stacy Johnson
Jul 23, 2015
Patricia Giddings
Jul 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Billionaires and Baby Rattles
  • Hostile Takeover
  • Winning Dawn
  • Loving Kyla (Love Stories, #1)
  • Hopelessly Devoted to You
  • A Piece of Me
  • Jillian's Job
  • Employee Relations
  • Awe-Struck (Struck #2)
  • Special Forces
  • Romancing Tommy Gabrini 1
  • Baby Wanted (A Bundle of Joy)
  • The Question
  • The Arrangement (Hot Latin Men #1)
  • Closer To You: Lee (The Drace Brothers #3)
  • Kiss of Ice (St. James Family #1)
  • The Bad Boys Of Capitol Hill