Start by marking “Crest Ridge Vacation” as Want to Read:
Crest Ridge Vacation

Crest Ridge Vacation

Dear Author,
See the guy on the right? The one with the tattoo? He’s an arrogant prick, and I’ve hated him since high school. The thought of him has given me nightmares ever since he humiliated me in front of our entire senior class. Ten years later and I can’t believe I’ve run into the douchebag during my mountain vacation. I may be taller than him now, but he still knows
Published August 10th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Crest Ridge Vacation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crest Ridge Vacation

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Very sexy picture prompt for the LHNB event.

Rob is a well known actor and is at his vacation home to get away from the press and lick his wounds after a bad and public break-up.
There he runs into Dane, one of the tormentors of his youth.
His time at military school was torture, in large part because of Dane.
Dane wants to apologize..and they start a tentative friendship that turns into more.

This was a great idea, unfortunately it felt too short. It skipped a lot of parts that I needed to make me
Kinga
Sep 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boyxboy, romance
So.....So. It started out nice and went on even better.

Then I was like I think I'm missing a few chapters. A few pages.... A few lines? Something? Nothing?

Their relationship went from nada to everything in a sentence, in the epilogue. See the problem? I have no idea how they made peace, how they became friends and wow, lovers?
Melanie~~
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A nice redemptive story about a victim and a bully and things that are more than they seem.

[NOTE: I rate most writing event stories (free reads) 4 or 5 stars because of my appreciation of the author's participation.]
Trisha Harrington
If this had just been a little longer I would have enjoyed it a lot more. Still, it was a nice enough read.
Shelby
Well I feel a little gyped. I’ll probably round this up to 3 stars for GR, but it was really a 2.5 stars read for me. But that’s what happens when just as I’m getting into a story it ends. :-p

Rob Owens is a successful actor and as such deals with his fame every day. Now all he wants is to escape from it all for a little while. After his boyfriend publicly humiliated him and dumped him in front of cameras the last thing Rob wants is to deal with people. Buying the remote New Mexico ranch seemed l
K
Shelves: dritc
LHNB Story released 10.8.13
Just reaching 3 stars
This is a combination of an enemies to lovers, out for you and in some ways reunited friendship story. Rob is an actor, who has been publicly dumped by his boyfriend on the red carpet of his latest movie and has bought an out of the way cabin in the country. On his first day there a forest fire forces an evacuation and the Marshall turns out to be Dane, his tormentor during his senior year at Military School. Only it transpires that the hazing and
Sunne
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
It started okay, I mean, I've read worse from authors with better ratings. And I actually liked that Rob didn't jumped the first time on Dane's wish to talk to him. But the whole set-up - military school, harrasment because of the attraction - it felt off to me, especially because of the severity of the harrasment.

I admit, I have a problem with that scenario. I can accept talking shit, even being part as onlooker but being the initiator of it just shows me personality traits I don't think would
Julesmarie
2.5 stars rounded up for being free

This was an okay enemies-to-lovers. I did like how their first few meetings were accidental and caused so much emotional turmoil for both of them. That part was nicely done.

Perhaps the rest just felt rushed?

(view spoiler)
Ann
Shelves: shorts, military
I was just getting into this one and then. it. stopped.

The characters were good, the pacing was good, the writing is good, the build up to their first real meeting as equals and adults was happening and then - epilogue. ARGH!

I'd like to see this one fully flushed out and/or more balanced. I would definitely read more from this author, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for more - especially if it has a true ending.

Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 2. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!
melek
Dane and rob knew each other when they both were in military school dane did stuff he regret to rob basically teasing picking humiliating things like that.

But years later rob has know become an well known actor. Dane now An Marshall there is an evacuation alert and comes across rob. And this is Dane chance to make things right if rob gives him the time.

Asynia
I do so not like the whole ”victim falling in love with his former bully”-thing. Some things just can't be forgiven. Sorry, that's just how I feel. And in this book there were no redeeming factors to Dane's past behaviour, not that bullying could ever be acceptable! That the writing felt rushed didn't help.
Sherry
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
2.5 stars. I think it would've worked better for me had the story not ended with the epilogue but with them actually going on that trip and clearing the air between them a bit more. That was a missed opportunity in my opinion.
Kendra T
Nice start for a story that was expanded. I read this after I read the bigger version so I could see what was different. This was very sweet and a great short. The expansion definitely gave more meat and bones, but for being a short story written for a prompt, this was awesome.
Monique
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
I've read very few stories that makes the whole victim-falling-for-his-bully storyline work and sadly, this was not one of them. It felt rushed and there was barely any character development which is important when writing this type of storyline.
A.L.
Aug 10, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: stories-i-wrote
I'm re-writing and adding to this story and will republish hopefully in 2015
Marcy  Shane
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I just wish it was longer and we could see the relationship develop before the epilogue.
Besides that...really liked it!
MountainKat
I liked it well enough and it was building nicely. Then - nothing! Just went into the epilogue. Could have been really nice if there had just been more.
Kallie
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't feel a romantic connection with the characters and because it was so short the relationship development also fell flat.
Rachel Emily
Aww, just loved the epilogue! I enjoyed this a lot, and glad that Dane was able to apologize and he and Rob could get to re-know each other. Thanks for a great story!
Zane Kage
Apr 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-5
2.5 stars, felt like a big chunk of the story was missing.
Victoria
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Sweet and touching enemies to lovers story. Nice interpretation of the photo and the story letter. Thank you A.L. Boyd for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Lila Hunter
It felt like some chapters were missing between the ending and the epilogue. The rest was pretty good.
jules0623
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
No relationship development at all. :(
Katy Beth Mckee
What to do when your high school tormentor wants to talk. And once you listen how will you deal with the new intel.
Drewscoach
Kylie
Aug 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Constructive Critiques please 3 12 Aug 12, 2013 03:15PM
A cartographer by day, A.L.Boyd spends most of her free time with her horses, gardening, or reading.

****

I never intended to be a full time writer, but stories sometimes just pop into my head. The writing came about as a way to get the stories out. Nothing is ever the same. The poem was from first hand experiences on a wildland fire. My horse's story is a memoir of 23 years of my life with my favor