Start by marking “Fighting Redemption” as Want to Read:
Fighting Redemption

Fighting Redemption

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  10,136 Ratings  ·  1,332 Reviews
Ryan Kendall is broken. He understands pain. He knows the hand of violence and the ache of loss. He knows what it means to fail those who need you. Being broken doesn’t stop him wanting the one thing he can’t have; Finlay Tanner. Her smile is sweet and her future bright. She’s the girl he grew up with, the girl he loves, the girl he protects from the world, and from himsel ...more
Published December 2nd 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published November 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fighting Redemption, please sign up.
Navdeep Yes it is a war book, but it doesn't just revolve around it...it does take place in the war zone but that isn't the main focus. This is all in all a…moreYes it is a war book, but it doesn't just revolve around it...it does take place in the war zone but that isn't the main focus. This is all in all a romance novel. Do read it, you won't regret it. It's just a beautiful story worth reading(less)

Aestas Book Blog
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing

5++ STARS!!!! THIS IS A MUST READ!!!

First, here are some casting pics...

Fighting Redemption was everything I could want in a story and more!! Powerful, captivating and emotionally charged, this book is a must-read!!

It's an unforgettable story about a broken soldier's undying love for a woman who'd always held his heart and it is truly breathtaking!

I just want to shout from the rooftops -- READ THIS BOOK, EVERYONE!!!!

You will FEEL this story it with your whole heart.

I can almost guarantee that
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
2.5 Just didn't work for me Stars

* Spoilers below*

photo 861502_zps54uqiji3.gif

I feel like the odd man out here. Like everyone of my Goodreads Friends loved this book. Like they wanted to give it 6 stars out of 5. I wanted to like this book so much. I mean it has some of my favorite things in it. Military men, a baby, love each other their whole life and best friend's sister. I mean it had all the makings for me to think I would love it, but I didn't. I was about 10% into the book when I knew my ass was in trouble, but I
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

I re-read fighting redemption and I can honestly say that I LOVED every minute of it!!! Fighting Redemption is a story of family, friendship, love, loss and pain.The story will take you on a wild ride, you'll be happy one minute and then crying in the next , and then again you are happy!!
I really love stories like this because the emotions you feel are so real. All the characters are so genuine, that you want the best for them! After having read this book I finally understand how difficu
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2.5-3 stars!

description

About 7 months ago, I received a Christmas present: an ebook of Fighting Redemption emailed to me from my mom who read and loved it after seeing it on Amazon’s recommendation list. Our tastes almost never converge so seeing her love a military romance really brought this book to my attention. It was also impossible to ignore all the reviews and status updates about the book – almost everyone who did read it ugly cried and said it was a top favorite of the year. I told myself right th
~ Becs ~

photo FightingRedemptionTeaser4_zps05ac4261.jpg

It’s nigh on impossible to put into words how much I loved this book and how much it touched me. It’s a compelling story of love and loss, incredible happiness and crippling sadness, a gut-wrenching, tear-jerking emotional roller-coaster of a ride which I was unable to put down once I’d started and I read into the wee small hours of the morning to finish this because I just had to know how it ended. Better perhaps to say that I dreaded how it was gong to end. In fact I feared the ending, right a
Anna

I'll love you longer than the stars that live in the sky

What a beautiful unforgettable story ❤

This is a story about war and the cost of sacrifice. Where bonds are formed, and friendships found. Where those who are strong, fall hard. Where love is let go, heartache is born, and heroes are made. Where one man learns that the hardest fight of all, is the fight to save himself.

Ohhh
My
God

Goodbye heart ❤

He couldn’t think of Fin as his. He couldn’t feel that way. Ryan had to focus on fighting his way
Katy Loves Romance ❤️

6 Outstanding, blow my mind stars ******

Family, friendship, love, loyalty, protect, strength, PAIN

photo lovewords_zps5146576e.jpg

This is a well thought out, well put together story that gives you glimpses into the effect of being a soldier, what its like to be a family who has members that are in the SAS plus what a military wife/lover goes through when your heart is literally put on the line every time your love could be taken right away from you at any moment.
This story ripped open my heart, I cried full pelt sobbed,
Roksana
Michelle
This is a 6+++ star book

" I'll love you longer than the stars that live in the sky."

fightingredemption

1a07efcaf7fef02aa6da8591cfc44797

Before reading this book, make sure to have tissues nearby. Your heart will ache and yearn from this emotionally compelling story. I cried ugly tears but it was worth it. I can truly say that without a doubt Jake, Kyle, Ryan and Finlay have touched a part of my heart, soul and mind. Hands down Fighting Redemption is in my top 10 favorite books of 2013.

9105a68ce1b520e4a7c92df1a48f7c5c

Fighting Redemption is more than a story about war an
♥Sharon♥
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 ★★★★★'s!!!

This book really touched my heart. It was a one day read for me so that should tell you something. I loved every minute of it.

Fighting Redemption was such a wonderful book. It was AMAZING. It was TOUCHING. It was BEAUTIFUL. It was EMOTIONAL. Why I waited until now to read it I have no clue because it is an absolute MUST READ!!

photo fightingredemptioncollage_zps8426a9d8.jpg

Okay so now that I have that out of the way let me tell you a little bit about the story. I won’t say much because I think having only a little about the stor
Patrycja
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it

Fighting Redemption is one of those reads that literally choke you with so many beautiful and aching emotions you can’t breath for what seems like ages. It touched me so hard, it seemed I won’t be able to think about anything else for a very long time. I really enjoyed reading Kate McCarthy’s book, because it not only took me on a wild ride through life’s obstacles and showed me amazing example of love, but made me feel, think and I just… have no words how to describe a book like this. This nove
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
Strong 4.5 Stars

description

I am having a hard time gathering my thoughts for this one...but that's because:

a) It's 0600 and my brain does not seem to be working yet. And...

b) I'm incredibly pissed off because I had the most awesome review EVER (well my sleep deprived mind said so for what it's worth) for this all completed, but point a resulted in me hitting delete instead of save.

description

So this is going to be a lot shorter and a lot less eloquent than I had originally intended.

**********************************
Plamena
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 Beautiful Stars

“As long as she was here, he could run as far and as fast as he wanted, but for her he would always return.”

Fighting Redemption is a beautiful and emotional story. A story worth remembering. A story worth reading over and over again. I loved every word. It’s because of books like this one that I love reading.

I was so emotional after finishing this book that I needed new days to cool off. The story touched me so deep and it felt so real.... This is the story of Ryan and Finla
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cry-baby-books
4.5 Stars

“Why did everyone always paint love as pretty rainbows and happily ever afters? It wasn't any of that. To love was to feel the greatest of agony, burn in the hottest fires of hell and fail the only people who mattered."

description

I’m not a huge fan of third person pov writing, but this story was well written, well paced and I actually read it in one sitting and was left with a big smile on my face once I finished.

I did however struggle with my feelings for Ryan for most of the book and was on th
Smitten's Book Blog

Oh my goodness!! Wow!

Yeh, that just about sums up my feelings right about now.
This book is absolutely stunning. You have to read this!

5+ Stars for Ryan & Fin!

Oh God. This book did a number on me. I was a mess. I'm still a mess!

Ryan Kendall first laid eyes on Finlay Tanner when she was just ten years old, and she was eight. He fast became inseparable with Finlay's brother, Jake and all but moved in with their family to escape the cruel hands of his abusive, alcoholic father and the devastati
M. ~ B&B
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
My issue with this book, and many other books too, is that they're all so much alike. It's just so standard, that I guessed pretty much all of what happened. Even Ryan's huge secret that made him self-destruct and run away to become a soldier wasn't a surprise to me.

I understand that almost everything has already been tried before and authors are bound to work with the same themes and events. That's fine though, as long as the execution is amazing, I can get over the unoriginality. However, the
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~

FEELS photo tumblr_inline_mohubetJve1qz4rgp_zps41ab6a30.gif

Ryan has had an awful childhood and has basically been adopted by brother and sister Jake and Finlay. Jake is Ryan's age and becomes his best friend.

photo tumblr_inline_mv40aqLXin1rueuxo_zps14ad2446.gif

Ryan is great but I will say Jake is an awesome character as well. He is an all around great guy and absolutely loves his sister!

NICE photo -revenge-revenge-32474816-245-170_zps1209f7a6.gif

Finlay is 3 years younger than both of them but has always been in love with Ryan.

Ryan thinks the best thing for him to do is to stay away from Finlay so he leaves for the Australian army and doesn't contact h
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
5 staggering "Ryan" stars ARC

My review plus others can be seen on my Facebook page (http://tinyurl.com/mg95ecm)

I've just finished this and it feels like all my emotions have been put through the wringer and spat out, this book will make you laugh, cry, you'll feel moments of anger you name it, you will feel it!!

Saying I loved this book is an understatement, I devoured it, it consumed me!!

Ryan's always dreamt of being a soldier just like his grandfather, he'd been ten years old when it had taken
AJ
“You’re all I see. Nothing holds more beauty in my eyes than you do. No one will ever love you the way I do.”

Oh. My. God. What an incredible, intensely emotional story!
Not only is it a beautiful, heart-wrenching romance, but it’s also a story about the love of family – both made and chosen, the bonds between brothers, and the sacrifices made by those who choose to fight for others.

Fin and Ryan have loved each other since their childhood. The best friend of Fin’s older brother, Jake, Ryan pract
Tammy  Zautner
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
6 HUGE STARS

This is a story about war and the cost of sacrifice. Where bonds are formed, and friendships found. Where those who are strong, fall hard. Where love is let go, heartache is born, and heroes are made. Where one man learns that the hardest fight of all is the fight to save himself.

"The Army and the SAS had been his dream--his chance to be somebody, save lives, show his parents he was worth something. Being a soldier had been his escape, his flight from the demons that bound him. War i
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 -4 ★'s

"I'll love you longer than the stars that live in the sky."

I'm just going to premise this review by saying I am not a fan of military type stories. I know, I know...then why the hell did I read it? Well, for the angst of course, but I should've known better because there's always a certain plot line that's in these stories...~sigh~

However, as you can see by the 3.5 - 4 star rating that I did enjoy the story. Ryan and Finlay are wonderful and sweet together even though you are going t
Paula

Fighting Redemption is a deeply touching, emotionally charged, well-developed new adult romance filled with heartbreak, fiery chemistry, and loveable characters. Go ahead and grab the Kleenex, you’re going to need them. This story kept me in a constant state of tears and high emotions. I love this book hard.

"I'll love you longer than the stars that live in the sky."

Ryan Kendall comes from a broken home, where his father abused him and his mother ignored him. He learned at the age of seven ab
Michelle
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I won the ARC Giveaway! Via Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews

5 touchingly beautiful stars!

Ryan Kendall’s life changed the day he saw Finlay Tanner; the need to protect her instant. And the bond of friendship that forms between Ryan, Finlay and her brother Jake is one that knows no end.

“All of a sudden she smiled, wide, vibrant. The way it lit up her face drew the attention of those around her. It was like you’d been given the gift of seeing the sun radiate brilliant rays through dark clouds.”

Ryan
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Find me on Instagram & Twitter!
❝That’s how I remember you. But you’re not looking at me like that now, and I need you to do that. I need you to wake up and smile at me like I’m your everything, because without you, I’m not anyone’s anything.❞

Okay so I decided to spontaneously pick this up and I'm honestly surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this. I've been searching for a storyline similar to this and I'm glad I found it in Fighting Redemption.

This book is far from perfect. It isn't
.Lili.
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is:

Read it!
☆ Sammy ☆彡
What It's About
Love * Loss * Friendship * War * Freedom * Redemption

Ryan Kendall knows his share of pain & loss. Growing up with an absent mother and abusive father, he dreams of joining the Australian Army in hopes of protecting and fighting for other people's freedom. He is so focused and determined to become a soldier that he sacrifices his own happiness along the way.

"being a soldier is never just about strength. It's also about knowing what you want, how hard you're willing to work for
J
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Full Review Now Up

description

I have so much to say about this book and yet have no idea how to even put it into words. I absolutely loved every single little bit of this book. McCarthy showcases what a talented writer she truely is.
The very first quote alone sets a powerful tone for the entire book:

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

This story begins years before the fact
Crystal~BIG book addict~
5+++++++ Stars!

I have no words right now so I will have to come back to this and write a review later once I can get all of my emotions in check. This book had me feeling so many things. Loved it and hated it at the same time.

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
4 stars

Heart wrenching!! Ryan is best friends with Fin's brother. Back from the Army, Ryan is hurting from his past but will he be able to break down those walls to love her?

Ryan is those broken heroes you cant help but love for the pain he is feeling but at the same time wish he would stop fighting his feelings and stop hurting Fin. Fin was really clumsy and it was a bit offputting at times.

I'll love you longer than the stars that live in the sky

It was pretty obvious the direction of the
Olga therebelreader
This book was ok for me. The love story was beautiful and solid, but I believe that emotions escalated too high creating impatience and melodrama. Melodrama broke the spell. Also, I felt the pacing wasn’t right, the character development felt a bit rushed and this really annoyed me.

In short:
Hero 3/5 | Heroine 3/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 3/5 | Steam 2/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 | Darkness 3/5 | Humor 0/5 | Secondary Characters 3/5 | Drama-Conflict 4/5 | Mystery
1 question about Ryan 2 8 Mar 26, 2018 01:29PM
Fifty Shades of R...: January Book Of The Month ~FIGHTING REDEMPTION 11 98 Jan 30, 2014 04:38PM
Buddy Read Zone: Fighting Redemption 148 50 Jan 12, 2014 11:28AM
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Coming Home
  • Broken Wings (Broken, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Unforgiven, #1)
  • Into the Light (Chosen Paths, #1)
  • Making Faces
  • In the Stillness
  • Dear Emily (Forever Family, #1)
  • What's Left of Me (What's Left of Me, #1)
  • Touching Scars
  • Lifers
  • Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden, #3)
  • Becoming Calder
  • The Story of Us (Carnage, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #1)
  • Losing Me Finding You (Losing Me Finding You, #1)
Kate McCarthy grew up in a small town outside of Port Macquarie, Australia. Raised in a house just a short walk to the beach, Kate enjoyed the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere and friendships that come from being raised in a friendly, small town area.
She now resides in Brisbane, Australia, a city in the state of Queensland where she works as an accountant, along with a sideline wedding cake business a
“I’ll love you longer than the stars that live in the sky.” 72 likes
“I have a thick skin, baby...but you're under it. You're buried in there so deep it's like I was born with you in my soul. When I'm near you I'm consumed by you--your smile, your eyes, your heart. Even though we've never been together, you've always been mine, and even if I never get to keep you, you'll still be mine.” 40 likes