Start by marking “This She'll Defend” as Want to Read:
This She'll Defend

This She'll Defend

When Carmen's husband Ed was offered a job in Darmstadt, Germany, she jumped at the chance to embark on this new adventure as a family. But she stays so busy as a wife and mother of twins that she barely takes time to glance in a mirror anymore; basically forgetting that she is still a beautiful and vibrant woman.

Carmen has a life that anyone would envy; a loving husband,
Published July 29th 2013

To ask other readers questions about This She'll Defend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This She'll Defend

Mary Beth
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been to Germany once and it was great to have a chance to revisit Germany through this story. I liked reading about the travels the family went on, and the stories about the kids, which made me laugh out loud. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a good family story!
Lewis Miles
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a bit biased, but I loved the book!
Kaprii two ordinary girls and their books
This she'll defend!!!
Very good story,,
From the beginning u fall in love with Ethan!
He's such a gentle man.
We have:
Carmen,-beautiful strong independent mother of twins married to ed. The family have moved to Germany as ed works in the military. They live a pretty ordinary life,,, untill a young soldier splashes in to their life.
Ethan is a strapping army boy from Texas, who is placed with the family through the ACS, a group that helps soldier s away from home.
He becomes one of the family but rea
Write More Publications
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I really felt that I was magically transported to Germany while reading this book. I love the way the author depicts Carmen's love of her family above all else, and their lives in Germany living in a military community as a civilian. It's a wonderful story, told with dignity. A definite must read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more from Melissa Miles.
Linda W.
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing combination of military life, European travelogue and moral choices. A must read!
Rachel
Ashlyn
May 29, 2014
M W
Aug 24, 2015
Melissa Miles is a Registered Nurse and a Certified K-12 teacher. She recently founded a nonprofit, Superhero Success Foundation to help raise awareness of special needs kid and donate copies of Jeremiah Justice Saves the Day to children's hospitals, schools, and programs for special needs kids. Jeremiah Justice is her latest book.
Melissa is a member of SCBWI and serves as the local liaison for t