Start by marking “Natural Consequences (Good Intentions, #2)” as Want to Read:
Natural Consequences (Good Intentions, #2)

Natural Consequences

(Good Intentions #2)

Alex Carlisle has enough to deal with even on quiet days. Living with an angel and a succubus is no easy feat. One has divine responsibilities she can’t explain, and the other tempts him toward a decadent lifestyle he’s not sure he can manage. Add to that the stresses of college and trying to hold down a job, and it’s lucky Alex can even keep his head on straight.

Yet the c
Published August 8th 2013

Alyx Harkess
Sep 13, 2014 rated it liked it
You know. I loved these books right up until the end. I have a few issues but one stands out so much in my mind I can't fall asleep because I'm still so angry it's irrational I know but the way the author handled the situation ruined it for me.

*******SPOILER ALERT*******

When lorelei first starts seducing both binder and the other guy in the room by saying she could take both of them at once I didn't think much of it, I figured she would lure them into complacency by kissing the both of them, pu
Dreamthiev
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a good book, I liked it. I read the first as it was released on Literotica, and absolutely loved it. I like the story, I like the author's style, and I liked the characters.

Standing on its own, I think this is a very good book. However, I don't feel it's a good sequel to 'Good Intentions.'

In the time between the first and second books, which only seems to have been about a month, a whole lot got retconned. Things changed pretty drastically from how they were resolved in the previous bo
Keith
Kara
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Natural Consequences (Good Intentions, #2)” continues the story of human Alex, demon succubus Lorelei and angel Rachel, along with many MANY other characters. Witches Onyx and Molly in particular get enhanced roles in this book, and the two lovers finally bring Alex into their bed, after much talking and planning.

Book #1, “Good Intentions” was fantastic. It created an amazing world that questioned the nature of good and evil, while entertaining us with LOTS of sex (f/f, m/f and m/f/f). In Book
Clinton
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-goooood
This is the second book of this type I have read and it was great.

Lets get into the one real thing i had a problem with here:
Total lack of Taylor with no mention of what happened to her.

Taylor was an important character in the first book and a potential love interest for the main character and she makes zero appearances in Natural Consequences. The author couldnt even be bothered to explain why she didnt appear in this book.

But besides that all was cool. Oh yeah this series was pretty funny
Todd
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Meh, it was ok. I got tired of all the justifications for polygamy.
Hollow Well
I liked this book.

This is the second book in the series. A boy fantasy with the dial set to 11. Alex, nerdy guy extraordinaire, still has a succubus girlfriend with a heart of gold who likes to call him master and a foul-mouthed angel that totally kicks ass. They engage in a polyamorous relationship and battle nasty vampires and werewolves and the FBI. There is A LOT of text oriented towards how they are engaging with the utmost care and complete success in a variety of non-standard, open / pol
Art Lueder
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow this is such a good series. The action is intense, the characters fantastic, and the sex smoking hot. The FBI special task force on supernatural activities is trying to figure out why Seattle's vampires have suddenly vanished. Everything gets wrapped up in the end but I hope there is another book. Maybe with the witches working with the FBI and the rest of the gang can help them. Great series. Highly recommended as long as you aren't offended by plenty of consensual group sex.
Joe
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh the sequel to Good Intentions. The plot pretty much revolves around the mess that was made in the previous book. They have FBI targeting them now, a werewolf still wanting to mate with Alex and a whole lot of angry vampires out for revenge. I enjoyed the book a lot and as usual Rachel's colorful speech was awesome. Having an angel with tourettes at all the wrong moments really enhances the entertainment factor of the story.

Overall I think the book wasn't as long as the first and maybe not
Cloak88
Good story, good characters, head the warnings!!!!

This is the second novel in the Good intention series and yet gain follows Alex and the Angel and Demon bound to him. After the rather crazy ending of the first novel, things seem to have calmed down... they indeed only seem to be that way. In the background of all this there are all sorts of interested supernatural parties who want to know what the hell happened and find out where their friends and allies went all of a sudden. Enter a few more F
Ishaan Puri
Feb 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
It felt like that the volume 2 is made by a completely different author. It is so much different from volume 1. Okay, first thing first, the part that me want to bang my head against the wall is the scene where Lorelei sleeps with a guy who is complete scumbag and handcuffed the only person she loves and the only person she needs. She thoroughly enjoys banging him and the guy even gives her his card, so that he can have sex with her again if he is ever back in town. Why it bothers me so much? Th ...more
Iori
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Sequel ! I just hope it's not the last book, and wish to read Rachel, Lorelei and Alex's adventures again. Praise Elliott Kay
Steven Naylor
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.0 stars

I feel I owe an apology for my review for the 1st book in the series. I had not read many books with much sex in them up until that book and I feel now I was overly critical of it. I just re-read my review and I feel I was criticizing the genre more than the book. I now see that is like complaining that Woody Woodpecker is too cartoony or reading a drama and complaining about it not being funny! This is a story about a succubus (and an Angel); complaining about the sexual situat
Sterling
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got this book because of a recommendation by a friend and I have to say I am surprised just how good it is. For anyone who is interested in this book I would say do not hesitate unless you are put off by sexual content. There is a lot more sexual content than I think their needed to be, but that being said the story alone is fantastic.
This is book two in the series and I didn't read book one. I had no problem figuring out what was going on. It is definitely a standalone novel. I will be getti
Anatole
Aug 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Yet another book for weak-willed cucks.
As a person who likes to immerse himself in the skin the protagonist(s), reading books like these where the MC is a spineless cuckholded looser drives me absolutely fucking insane (that doesn't even begin to describe it). It has been more than a year since I read this filth the author calls a book and even know, the mere thought of this piece of trash makes me thoroughly mad for the rest of the day.
How can one enjoy reading such mind destroying, skin ripp
Love
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book in the Good Intentions series was fantastically entertaining. Much of the reason for this was that it didn't feel like the author had much of a plan for the book, he just had a great setup and some general idea of the direction of the story but then thought ’What is the craziest most entertaining thing that can happen with these characters?’ and then made it happen.

This, the second book in the series feel much more planned out. Which might be a good thing, and probably necessary
Peter Emil Christensen
Douglas Debner
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a hard book for me to like because of my sensitivity to abuses of power. In essence, the FBI investigates our heroes and makes arrests without warrants and, possibly, probable cause since all the evidence the FBI has indicates self-defense clearly. However, the story goes on to explain these abuses in an interesting plot twist I don’t want to spoil. So, this is an intelligent and well written book that I’m giving a high score to in spite of some personal feelings of dislike.
There was o
Gareth Otton
Whether because the first one was a big surprise in how good it was and therefore raised my expectations or whether it was simply a case of this book being a struggle to write; I found that I did not enjoy this book anywhere near as much as its predecessor.

With the exception of Taylor, pretty much all the main characters return for this next instalment in the Good Intentions series. However, rather than returning for another fun, action packed and raunchy sequel, they seemed to have returned fo
Gilbert Stack
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
The sequel to Good Intentions is another exciting dive into the Seattle supernatural community. This time the FBI gets involved which causes unanticipated difficulties as our heroes seek to protect themselves from the hostile attention of vengeance-seeking vampires and werewolves determined to force Alex into their pack. Kay’s take on werewolves and their reason for existence was especially interesting. Alex’s difficulty in dealing with his past-life experiences also adds considerably to the str ...more
Seonaidh
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I liked this if anything a little better than the first one.

There were fewer 'random' sexual encounters, though I think there was a bit more nookie in it overall.

Many of the minor characters from the first book got some more development, and we got some more backstory on the major ones, a lot of loose ends and 'hows and whys' from the first book get tied up.

I wasn't expecting an awful lot from this series, so i was really pleasantly surprised by both the overall quality of the writing (for contr
Steven Allen
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Jon Abbott
Even better than the first book in the series, although this one too suffers from too many, too long, sex scenes, but fewer than book one. If you are willing to admit to skipping them, a plot with a demon, a guardian angel and a moral mortal who doesn't hesitate to act is a great start. This second book explores the ramifications of beings from heaven and hell loving together while having each other's back. Free on KU when I read it and well worth the price.
Aaron Nagy
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
edit: Increasing my review of this book to a 4star, for some reason despite at the time thinking it another fun trashy throw away novel for some reason the plot/characters actually kind of stuck to me and I'm very much looking forward to more.
Daniel Bice
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
it was a good book but it fell short to the first one. but all in all a good read.
Sam Martin
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dave Stone
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The writing is a little better, but the ending felt sad to me.
Book 2 of the Good Intentions trilogy get a slight change of tone. Elliott Kay takes this one a little more seriously. That cheeky Rom-com with sex feeling gets toned down in favor of a more sophisticated approach. Wile this makes a better written book in general terms, It's not the most satisfying choice for a fantasy harem / erotica for men book.
Still a pretty damn great book. Other than some strange choices by the author and exposi
Rehcra
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Elliott really painted himself into a corner with the first book in this series, so I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with this book. I was full on expecting my suspension of disbelief to be obliterated early on because of the basic premise of a succubus love interest being.. a well, Succubus. Throw in the Angle and the fact that the author doesn't treat them like any other character and all turns out into a great book that is erotica.

These books are strongly geared towards a male fantas
Mukkaar
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I can't really find "faults" but one on this book, more like irritation. Otherwise, this is a really good story which I enjoyed a bunch.
Minor annoyance being that mc seems to be on the infinite loop of getting over some subject and then worrying about it after a few pages. On the other hand, it makes him seem really good person in story, but at the same time, it's just so redundant because he seemed to be over it in the previous chapter.

Not to mention he just broods over everything. It's like h
RJ
Our extremely calm and collected protagonist, Alex Carlisle, is back; still wrestling with his inner demons (pun intended) while dealing with flashbacks from previous lives. There is much going on in this volume; vampires and werewolves, interesting new background on Lorelei, and the surprising reveal of a paranormal department within the FBI. Alex also finds himself pursued by a jealous and fanatical female werewolf that won’t take “no” for an answer. The FBI has a mole embedded in Alex’s group ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dragon's Blood (Thaumatology, #4)
  • Fallen Stars (Demon Accords, #5)
  • Zero Sum (Zero Sight, #2)
  • Green Flame Assassin (Demon Lord, #2)
  • Dark Light of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #2)
  • Demon Girl (Keeley Thomson, #1)
  • The Road to Magic (The Way of the Demon Series, #1)

Good Intentions (3 books)
  • Good Intentions (Good Intentions, #1)
  • Personal Demons (Good Intentions, #3)
“Grieving isn’t about forgetting. It’s about releasing emotions and moving on.” 0 likes