Start by marking “Roadside Assistance” as Want to Read:
Roadside Assistance

Roadside Assistance

Help arrives when you least expect it.

When Winston Jace breaks down on the highway, the woman who helps him out seems sweet, country, and not exactly worthy of his valuable time.

He soon learns that Leeann Bakersfield is more than she seems to be and gets a lesson in towing, stereotypes, and losing control.
Published August 9th 2013 by Always the Good Girl LLC

To ask other readers questions about Roadside Assistance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roadside Assistance

Start your review of Roadside Assistance
Preeti ♥︎ Her Bookshelves
A short but surprisingly sweet story about learning the right life values.
An arrogant and dour architect learns that assumptions can be so wrong and off - and that country type 'chubbier' women can be lot sexier and more than what he judges them to be.
A long distance and slow moving courtship and ...
Alp
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.75/5

This was awesome! It was an impressive, fast-paced, and easy-reading novella. I loved it!!!

I loved both LeeAnn and Winston. They were a perfect match! I could feel how strongly they attracted to each other though there wasn't much romance in the story, it might be because it was too short. (I wanted to read more!)

This was my first book by Shayne McClendon, but I'm sure it will not be my last.
Maree Repa
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just completely loved this most wonderful free short story. Such a wonderful romance, that I so thoroughly loved.

When Winston finds his truck just exploding with smoke and fire he was just so surprised someone reaching out to help him out of this extremely bad situation.

When suddenly this most gorgeous woman, LeAnn arrive to save him so quickly from his truck fire. Winston was just so shocked by what what was happening so quickly. She simply just saved his whole day.

I loved these amazing chara
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored every word of this book. It's a short read but it wasn't lacking anything. As a blogger I read lots and I can honestly say this author is in my top five favourite authors. She has this knack to grab your attention and suck you right in. Thank you Shayne for a fantastic story. The storyline is brilliant and the characters are.... Well I'm not spoiling anything. This book is FREE so go 1-click, grab a mug of coffee and just sit and enjoy this wonderful story.
Anima
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-romance
Short, sexy and left me wanting more of Winston. Short story at the end was lovely.

Updated. Just finished a reread of the story after an update. If you are a fan of Shayne' s you will recognize a subtle cameo by characters in Yes to Everything. I enjoy how she connects people from her books like they are part of the same community or neighborhood. Her writing is unique and distinguishable from others. The characters are multi dimensional and feel like friends after reading. This has an erotic fe
Brittany Reece
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Candidly, I love Shayne McClendon. Ever since I stumbled upon her website full of micro stories, I've been hooked.
With every character she writes, she brings them to life, and gives them so much depth you will swear you could meet them walking down the street.

Roadside Assistance is a phenomenal tale that goes to show you that first impressions are not always correct, and well worth a second glance.
A must read!
Kati
Aug 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
A sweet short story about assumptions, loneliness, and having the courage to follow your heart.
Stephanie
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved the twist this book gave. Not the typical meeting or hook ups. Very interesting twists and turns.

The little short story at the end was also awesome. It was cute and attention grabbing!
Katerina

This author sure knows how to write...
I would have been able to handle some additional pages to this one. Let´s say, a hundred or so...
But despite its shortness, it was a really good read!
Evette
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the character development in Shayne's books. In this short story we see so much growth and change. So much good packed into this gem.
~ Cariad ~
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the story but I didn't feel a big connection between these two at all - Oh well, can't win them all! :)
YvetteRene
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet read. The ending left me kind of like "WTF?! That's it"?
However, it was a free read so I couldn't complain to much.
Tammy G
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short...really sexy...really sweet!
Kelli Santistevan
I enjoyed this book.
PJ
4 'Isn't it Rich' Stars

Less than 50 pages, and it's a story very well-told. I'm a fan of Shayne McClendon for being able to do this. Much like Charlotte Stein, who's another romance author who can pack a powerful story into just a few pages.

Briefly, Winston, a rich prick, makes all sorts of judgments about lovely, curvy, and a bit country, Leeann, who as it turns out isn't at all what she seems.

That's it! To say any more would tell you too much. Sure, it borders on slightly cheesy at times. But
LAKristy
Very well written and edited novella + bonus short story.

This was a set of two very sweet stories featuring couples a little older and more mature than most love stories. Loneliness, insecurity and the danger of assumptions were themes across both stories. Both stories featured strong women with careers. The stories have some sizzle, but they're a little too short to be really erotic.

I've read a number of stories by this author and all of her characters have unique backgrounds and points of vie
Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I wouldn't say this is an emotional read, not like Shayne's other works. It does get you thinking about how we, and society, judge people purely based on their appearance.

Roadside Assistance is a very short read by Shayne which is absolutely free! :D So if you are new to her works, do give this a try! This was definitely an interesting read though. I like that Leeann has quite an amount of depth and character to her personality. And we get quite a bit of a development with such a short story. I'
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Melissa Cheslog
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a sweet and sexy short story. It was really enjoyable to read about the unpredictable love story. Both characters made assumptions about the other and it sets the course for some very interesting scenes. The lesson of the story was very true and honest. I truly enjoyed the story.
Miranda Whore
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: smutty
Roadside Assistance is a short yet satisfyingly sexy read. McClendon managed to put a ton of story into this novella and I look forward to moving onto her full-length books. You'll love this quick and dirty.
Deborah Close
Loved it

This is a quick read. It's the story of two people not looking for love, but find each other in by chance. You'll love this story and the extra short story at the end.
Jo Dee
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roadside ....

excellent! superbly descriptive. truly could not decide which character to be when reading this story. whew! thanks Shayne McClendon love your writing style.
Rebekah Jonesy
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's a short story but has complicated characters, unexpected twists from beginning to end, and is really well written. Highly recommend.
Heather
Loved it .... story paralleled something similar to my own.........
Tammy
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tammy by: trrain@aol.com
Enjoyed this cute quick read.
Brienne Dubh
Sep 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
When Winston Jace breaks down on the highway, Leeann Bakersfield is more than happy to stop and help him. Winston is grateful for the help but other than that she isn't worth his time, he has to get back to work. But Jase soon learns that you should never judge a book by its cover or Leeann by her country outfit.

This was the perfect quick read. The story focuses on main characters who are not perfect but who you can easily like and gives you just enough to keep you wanting to know more about ea
Elizabeth Bennet
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found this short read on the kindle freebie list. I found it cute and enjoyable. LeeAnn is not a size 2 and is down to earth. She is full of surprises as our H, Winston, puts her in one catagory but finds his body responding in a totally different way. He is full of himself but finds that he has no control where LeeAnn is concerned. This is not a one sided coin from where LeeAnn stands, she guards her heart by using men for pleasure but not letting them see the real her but something tells her ...more
J. Kahele
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

Winston is a wealthy, powerful man who is very judgmental. When he his Audi catches in fire, he pulls to the side of the road. A woman in a large truck comes up to assist him. She's heavier than he likes in his woman and believes she is a country girl and is turned off. After dropping his car off at a shop to be fixed, she offers to drive him to the place she is staying at. Naturally, judging from her appearance and the truck she drives he assumes they are going to dine cheap motel but
M. Anderson
May 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, fast read

This is a real short read. It's a romance with two very strong main characters. Additionally, they are as different in how they see their life and the people in it, as night and day.

It hits all the right places with interesting people, hot sex scenes, but additionally, it was, I believe, written to make several points. The scenes were hot but there was so much more to this book.

Generally, you know how it will play out but this book makes points to go in either direction as to how
Liz
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this, but I wanted more character development, especially from Winston.

I liked that he totally misjudged her and that he could call himself a d**k. The ending was okay, but not fulfilling enough for me since it was really clear that she wanted children and it wasn't clear to me at all that he really wanted them.

Also, the author tells us that they had phone sex but doesn't show us... what a tease.

• Thrill
  • Lost at Sea
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Telling Lies for Fun & Profit
  • Perfect Chemistry (Kinky Chronicles, #1)
  • Without Me (Men of Inked, #5)
  • Chakras: A Complete Guide to Chakra Healing:Balance Chakras, Improve your Health and Feel Great
  • Player's Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons)
  • The Six-Figure Erotica Author: How I Make Six Figures Self-Publishing Erotica
  • Promises of Mercy (Montana Promises, #1)
  • Under the Empyrean Sky (The Heartland Trilogy, #1)
  • Disrupting The Rabblement
  • The Hitman's Angel
  • The Husband Sitter
  • Indecent (Regency Lovers #1)
  • Sugar Baby
  • The Secret in Room 823 (Chatsfield Novella, #9)
If you’re looking for stories that tug at your heart, make you laugh out loud, and sometimes make you cry so hard you need a giant box of tissues…look no further than books by Shayne McClendon.

She’s a prolific author (more than 8 million words and counting) known for dramatic, steamy, enthralling fiction that will grab you and not let go until the last page.

A nomad at heart, Shayne currently lives