Start by marking “Blog Events: The Secret to Engaging Your Community, Growing Your Network, and Establishing Your Expertise” as Want to Read:

How do you draw your community to your blog while growing your network and establishing your expertise?

Blog events.

They're not just for hobby bloggers--they'll help your business too.

And Blog Events provides a framework for setting up your own successful event.

You'll cover why blog events are beneficial to you, how to define your event's purpose, what to consider when deci
Published August 4th 2013 by The Path of Least Revision

To ask other readers questions about Blog Events, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blog Events

Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Disclaimer: I know Amanda as a fellow reader and book blogger in addition to being an author. That said, my review is completely my honest and unbiased opinion of this book.

Why I Read this Book: I love learning and if I can learn something based on someone else's own experience, trials, and tribulations, all the better.

What I Liked: Blog Events is a great reference guide. When I first read this ebook, I thought it was good information to file away for use at a later time. When I re-read this bo
Katie/Doing Dewey
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This is my first read for my Blogging Better challenge this year and it was a nice easy start. This was a very short read, which I appreciated, with nice bulleted list summaries at the end of each chapter. A lot of the advice seemed obvious reading it, but I still felt as though this provided a very valuable framework for planning my own blogging events. I also think it would help me keep from forgetting things I know to do and it did include a few things I don't think about enough on my own, su ...more
Shaunesay
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From the time I joined my first online read-a-thon I dreamed about hosting my own blog event. How hard could it be, right? It's actually a lot harder than you might think, but maybe it doesn't have to be if you go about it the right way.

Enter Amanda Shofner with her new little tome Blog Events.

Amanda is the co-host of Bout of Books, a 3 times yearly, week long online read-a-thon that engages between 400-500 participants. We just finished up Bout of Books 8.0, so yes, I'm one of those participan
Kelsey (Kelsey's Cluttered Bookshelf)
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Although short (which isn't a bad thing), this book was packed with so much helpful information! I loved that it was easy to understand and thorough so that I didn't get confused with anything. All the facts were to the point and direct, so there wasn't a loop of words just to get to what was important.

The end of each chapter has a recap in point form, which was awesome. There were also links that I could click on with my reader to take me to any important websites which was pretty cool.

I'm real
Samantha Tule
Aug 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've been involved with two Bout of Books so from a participant's perspective they were successful events. It's a great fast read filled with some really helpful information. Who better to learn about blog events? I really liked it so I give it four out of five stars.
Nikki VanRy
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amanda offers clear advice on how to organize and manage a blog event from the ground up. Her background in some successful blog events was inspiring to read about and loved the nuggets of actionable information she gave at the end of each chapter!
Stacey
Jan 21, 2014
Brittany
Aug 29, 2013
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Aug 28, 2013
Laura Reading
Dec 22, 2015
Becki
Feb 09, 2016
Amanda Shofner explores the connections between family, friends, and lovers in contemporary romance. When she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading, investigating the Twin Cities with her dog Scarlet, adventuring to new restaurants, drinking coffee, or declaring, "There's a Futurama episode for that."