Start by marking “Brightly (Flicker, #2)” as Want to Read:
Brightly (Flicker, #2)

Brightly

(Flicker #2)

Lee Capren’s life isn’t exactly normal... but it’s hers. When she’s not slinging spells with her monster-wrangling roommate, Filo, or honing her magical abilities with her boyfriend, Nasser, she’s working in a shop that caters to the magical crowd.

When three strangers arrive with a desperate plea for help, Lee and her friends are swept up in their quest to break the curse
Published February 11th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Brightly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brightly

Bridgett Hoover
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First off, let me just say that I was incredibly impressed by Flicker, the first book in this series. It was detailed and colorful, and the writing was superb. My senses were on high alert from all of the beautiful descriptions. The main character, Lee, was just right for this story. She was strong, sensitive, artistic, pretty, kind, and bold, among others. She had such a good balance of characteristics, and was just so likable.
That being said, Brightly was even more impressive than Flicker. Whi
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Cherry (_forevermint)
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Kaye contacted me about getting a free copy of Brightly to review, I was psyched. I really enjoyed Flicker; I thought it was an original story with vividly depicted characters.

Brightly begins with the start of a new adventure, one the Flicker crew (Filo, Lee, Alice, Jason & Nasser) begrudgingly decide to embark upon for the sake of their true names. When Filo first laid eyes on a certain someone during the fair, I knew trouble was brewing. I was totally caught off guard by the blossomi
Jennie Vance
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have been (not so) patiently awaiting this book ever since falling in love with Flicker last year. Lee's story grabbed me unexpectedly and I was eager to find out what happened to her and the rest of the Flicker gang. The sequel did not disappoint. It has everything that I wanted! Lots of character development and multiple POVs and romance! (Speaking of romance...(view spoiler) ...more
Sierra Hastings
(Review to come)
Grace Shirk-emmons
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Even better than #1!
Frog Jones
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the Friday Indie Review:

I’ve met Kaye Thornbrugh at a couple of good cons by now, and I’ve always enjoyed hanging out with her. I liked Flicker, her first book, but there were some rocky points that needed shoring up, and I pointed that out. It was a good book.

She’s learned a lot about the art of writing a novel since then. Brightly isn’t a good book – it’s a great one.

Flicker set up the world in which these characters live; the magic shop, the odd jobs. It let us see how Kaye’s magic syste
Marisa
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
First and foremost I would like to thank the author for providing me with a free ebook of Brightly. The fact that I received this book for free in no way effects my review. It is 100% honest.

Brightly has a lot of things going for it. The plot is interesting, the writing is solid and the author clearly knows her world because she paints a vivid description with her words. For the most part, the characters are also well developed and likable.

However, there are two things which make me really like
Ashley Fairchild
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I found out that there would be a sequel to Flicker I was so excited. I could not wait to be brought back into Lee's and the rest of gangs world. Brightly really captured me and I could not put it down because I had to find out how it ended. It is a must read! Im hoping there is a third.
Bailey
Aug 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first book Flicker and was super excited to hear from the author again to read the sequel Brightly. Though its been a while since I've read Flicker it didn't take me long to remember everything and fall back into the characters stories.

Lee and her friends meet three strangers who ask them to help them get rid of a sickness that has spread across their island. Turns out that sickness is a curse and if they don't get rid of it lots of people are going to get really sick--or wo
Ali
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky to be offered a free copy of 'Brightly', having absolutely loved 'Flicker'. Compared to revising for exams (bleurgh) reading 'Brightly' was a very welcome distraction (looking back I maybe should have done more work instead of reading...).
I’m always a bit wary of sequels as they are so rarely as good as the first book but I was not disappointed. 'Brightly' was just as impressive, if not more so than 'Flicker'.

We continue following the characters from 'Flicker' as well as some ne
Patricia Dugan
Aug 18, 2013
Grace Sain
Feb 01, 2015
The Friday Indie ...: Friday Indie Review, 4/18/2014 1 3 Apr 19, 2014 07:06AM
Mild-mannered reporter. Hufflepuff. Aspiring dungeon master. Author of the Flicker series.

Kaye Thornbrugh lives in the beautiful Inland Northwest, and though she hasn’t seen any faeries in the woods just yet, she remains optimistic.

Flicker (3 books)