Start by marking “The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)

The Darkest Touch

(Lords of the Underworld #11)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  12,453 ratings  ·  1,034 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter comes the long-awaited story of Torin, the most dangerous Lord of the Underworld yet…

Fierce immortal warrior. Host to the demon of Disease. Torin’s every touch causes sickness and death—and a worldwide plague. Carnal pleasure is utterly forbidden, and though he has always overcome temptation with an iron will, his contr
Mass Market Paperback, 489 pages
Published November 25th 2014 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Touch, please sign up.
Abby In The Darkest Whisper Torin and Cameo both made it clear that they were not each other's 'mate'. It was simply fun for both of them, as they both r…moreIn The Darkest Whisper Torin and Cameo both made it clear that they were not each other's 'mate'. It was simply fun for both of them, as they both realized they had no deep feelings for one another.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Emma Lou Thank god someone else noticed this! I thought I was going mad!
Thank god someone else noticed this! I thought I was going mad!
Galan was fine when Cronus was killed,he was even at the big battle! When was he put in the prison?! Plus the other 3 prisoners,Cameron,winter and irish. Sienna let them go at the end of her book! When did they end up back in prison?!(less)

·  12,453 ratings  ·  1,034 reviews

Start your review of The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11)
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
Ahhhhh Torin you sexy beast finally!!!

Just please let there be lots of hot sex! I was disappointed with Kane's book for the lack of it. The sex scenes used to be so much better, steamier and more detailed, why hasn't it been like that anymore!!?? It was like reading a Young Adult book. That needs to change! And I just hope Torin will still be his wicked self;) I love him, hope he hasn't changed.
Also let there be lots of William and his POV!!
TEAM GILLIAM!!!!!!!!!!

Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 Worth The Wait Stars

To be denied forever what I crave most

YEARS. Years, I've been waiting for Torin's book. I've been sitting in anxious anticipation from book one just waiting to get his story. But see, here's the thing...in the past year, I've also been dreading it a little too. Why? Because the last few releases from this author have left something to be desired for me. They just haven't quite been the same, with that signature Gena spark missing. So I was extremely nervous that
Claire (_Book Huntress)
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO COME OUT IN NOVEMBER!!  photo k1805_zps12593730.gif

I hate waiting so long for a book to come out in a series that you love.

photo 563773_451678074879213_945501244_n_zpsdade70c3.jpg
-----------------

Exina
DNF at 40%

And the Biggest Disappointment of the Year Award goes to... The Darkest Touch.
Or, to be precise, to Torin.

This Torin is not the Torin I got to know and fell in love with in the previous books of this marvelous series.

I felt something like this:

Eleven chapters of the book couldn’t convince me that this is the real Torin.
This Torin here, this arrogant, self-conceited, self-proclaimed badass and bloodthirsty champion of constant erection is NOT the “hero” whose story I wanted to read.
*sigh* After postponing this book for over a year, I kinda wanted to like it... but yeah, I don't think that's the case. At least completely.

I had several issues with this instalment. The first (and probably the main one) is the dialogue. I. Just. Couldn't. Stand. It. I didn't like any of those "quirky and cute" comebacks between Torin and Keeley. Boy, they probably are my least favorite couple. I thought Kane and Josephina were bad.

But if I had problems with the way Torin and Keeley talked to e
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
OH MY GOD IT'S TORIN!!!!!!

*Spoilers*

photo torin_zpsqkefbqvd.gif

I have wanted Torin's book Since the first book in this series. I was a little worried that because I waited so long for this book and because I have loved Torin since the first book that my Expectations would be so high I would be disappointed, But I was wrong WOW!!!!!!! This book Rocked it out! Torin is still The sexy ass MoFo I fell in love with in the first book.

photo torin4_zps173ae659.jpg

Keeley Was so kickass She made the Perfect woman for My Tor!

photo torin1_zps13207fce.jpg

They want each other
Sophia Triad
Torin: Demon of Disease
Butterfly: on his stomach
His curse: He is responsible for plagues, cancer, Ebola and many other life threatening diseases. He cannot touch another living being skin-to-skin without infecting him/her. He is a good guy and he does not like it. Thus, he wears gloves all the time and he has spent centuries locked inside the Lord’s castle interacting only through his computer.

Keeleycael or Keeley: The Red Queen.
Supernatural ability: She is most probably the most powerful female
Eda**
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites

** 5++ "I would even eat raisins for you" STARS **

It was 4 years ago that I first saw this fanart around the Internet while I was suffering a major fangirling episode after finishing the 1st book in the series, The Darkest Night.

And I was instantly in love.

Torin has always been one of my favorites among the Lords and all these years, I've been waiting for his story to finally come.

Thank God, I wasn't disappointed! This book was everything that I've expected and MORE!

The characters were p
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
Keeley Cael, the legendary Red Queen...and low key insane. She is offically in my top ten favorite heorines.

Not only is she powerful as fuck but she was just so sassy and so crazy

“Fine,” she told him, her chin quivering. “Be that way. You’re nothing without me. I never really liked you anyway.”
“Keeley?” Torin asked.
Rejected by a rock. “Stay out of this, warrior. It’s between Wilson and me”

description

Seriously guys the book begins with Keeley fighting with a goddamn rock that’s been in her cage during
Michelle
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Crazy Queen Stars!
This is the eleventh book in the Lords of the Underworld series. It's Torin and Keeleys story.

Torin is keeper of disease. He can not have skin to skin contact with anyone without giving them a disease that will spread and kill a ton of people. So he spends his days locked in his room doing all the computer work. He can hack into anything. He's like the security guy. When he leaves the room he makes sure his skin is covered with layers of clothing and gloves on his hands. All
♥ℳelody

photo tumblr_lmeg9pu6xI1qfh3r5o1_500-2.gif
 photo e69dae0ce32dd8de7e1e195f07eb95e1.jpg

*1 depressing WTF sad star*
 photo tumblr_mrwpoaD95M1qa9siqo1_500.gif
Ouch. This hurts. :( What in the hell happened?? I just...can’t even form words to what a complete disaster this was. What happened to the emotions? The angst? The suspense? It pains me to do this but damn this was a disappointment all around. The most disappointing book out of the entire series for me honestly. It's freaking Torin, Tor Tor and he got royally shafted (no pun intended). I have been waiting for hi
The Cat Bastet
Aug 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
Poor Torin. All this time he's waited and we finally get around to him and he doesn't even get to have a cock. Why couldn't he have been gotten in while we could still have good sex? Surely of all the Lords, the virgin most deserves a cock. Paris got to have a cock, even, as hard as he'd worked that thing, but Torin will only get to have a hardness used as a noun or worse, an "it." This is so unfair.
Penny
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars.

I liked it, yes. However, I am somewhat tired of reading about who appears to be the same heroine and male characters over and over again repeated in each installment with different names.
The female main characters, seem to be exactly the same woman in almost every book of this series. Most of them have the same traits: egocentric, insecure, big mouth, selfish, capricious, and a few more that tent to be repeated. After 11 books, it has become very obvious that there is
Lucy Qhuay

Update: December, 16th, 2014

I finally finished this one. Geez, but it took me forever and a day to actually do it!

I don't even know what to say. It's Gena Showalter, folks, and it's her best series yet and it's freaking Torin aka Disease, so of course I would like it. But I just feel so disappointed.

Maybe it was because my expectations were too high, giving that Torin was always my favourite, along with Aeron, and there's the fact he could never touch anyone, so of course it would be monumenta
Alex is The Romance Fox
Gena Showalter has created a spectacular world, dark and complex characters so beautifully detailed in her long-running The Lords of the Underworld series and her latest novel, The Darkest Touch, the 11th book, is as refreshing and breathtaking as from the start of book #1.
Torin, the demon of Disease has been a fascinating character from the first time we met him….
 photo 05_Butterfly_in_smoke_zps0b0c39df.jpga warrior, loyal, lonely, unable to get close to or touch anyone due to what is demon is able to do…..
 photo f61475e3aa3c7a3255ca33538805c909_zpsa4d1556b.jpg
His life is about to change whe
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Well, we finally get to Torin's book and it is a doozy. I have felt bad for Torin since we first were introduced to him. He harbors the demon of Disease and that means a single touch can kill you and yes, he has started world plagues. But can you imagine never being able to touch another? Not to mention, never to have any sexual contact! And please, that nonsense with Cameo just made things worse.

And then we have the Red Queen, aka Keeley, who is a different being all together. You would think
L*Take Me To My HEA*
5 All Hail The Red Queen stars!!!

"I will be such a benevolent overlord," she said. "I will demand only that everyone do exactly as I say, when I say. And bow whenever I enter a room. And bring me gifts at least once a day. And throw rose petals at my feet as I pass."

Phenomenal Read!
Glamdring
May 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
*Buddy read with Mel :PPP*

DNF at 11%

I'm sorry, I really tried but I can't bother and don't have the time for reading more of that nonsense. I can't believe that this book was written by the same author who wrote Lucien & Anya or Aeron & Olivia stories.

Poor Torin, I truly think that he deserved better than this. I couldn't even recognize him here :(((

Except for the few passages related to William the last book was boring but I managed to finish it. With this one I'm done with this series.
Katie(babs)
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Right from the start I was confused by what was going on. The writing seemed manic and gave me whiplash. I had to re-read certain pages because I couldn't get a grip on what was happening. Torin's personality is complete different from what we've seen from the past books. Also Keeley was too strange for me to like. She comes across as very spoiled and bratty. I really didn't get the connection between her and Torin. I was more interested in the side stories and characters, such as Cameo, Baden a ...more
Zeek
Feb 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
My most anticipated LOTU novel- ugh. Disappointment abounds. Ya know, I can’t even say I was disappointed with his heroine,( although to be the Red Queen (“OFF with her head!”) You’d think you’d get a little more reference to her time in Wonderland?? Idk maybe copyright issues there, but found that I before E except after C weird.). I was disappointed with Torin. This? Was not the Torin we saw before.

Starting off with Torin trapped in another realm imprisoned by Cronus, with a girl whom was su
Sara Reads (mostly) LOTS of Romance
Just read this a second time after going to the beginning and reading the full series. I love this one the best. Keeley and Tor as well as Lucien/Anya and Gid/Scarlet are now my top three couples

FUCKING. AMAZING. Deserves a full review but I'm too lazy right now I just wanna read more lol. But I will definitely come back and review this. This is the first of this series that I have read and even though I missed a lot from the first 10 books lol, just fyi you can read this without having read the
Azet
WHAT.THE.HELL.DID.I.JUST.READ!!!

"The Darkest Touch" was a Breathtaking,Mindblowing,Sexy,Romantic,Compelling and Hilarious instalment to the series of the "Lords of Underworld".Torin is the virgin Alpha-male i had set my eyes on already from the beginning of this series,this lonely,fierce,badass tortured man who can`t touch anyone without spreading disease.I CRAVED HIS BOOK WITH EVERY CELL OF MY BODY and now when i have read it i am simply undone and crushed with so many emotions i can`t take it.
Julia's Book Haven
5 'I want to live in this book and never leave' stars. This is possibly Gena Showalter's best book yet. Torin's book was definitely worth the wait, and I am so happy that he got such an amazing partner in Keeley. She is everything I'd hoped for him and so much more. Highly recommend this one!
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4.5 "Too-Much Feels For Torin" HEARTS!!

I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever to get Torin’s story in my hands, so to say I had high expectations would definitely be an understatement. With the last few books lacking the usual Lords of the Underworld-esque charm, this one needed to reel us in hook, line and sinker. I needn't have worried as Gena Showalter beautifully nails it with The Darkest Touch. Combining pulse-pounding action, sizzling and provocative passion, humour and an u
Neyra ♦
Dec 08, 2013 marked it as lost-interest

8/26/16 Update:

I promised I was going to give myself some time to come to terms with Gena Showalter's new writing style before I decided if I would read Torin's book or not so I wouldn't be disappointed with whatever new plot, twists and character developments I might encounter. Sadly, it's been about 3 years since I last read a Showalter book, the last being The Darkest Craving, and well, that seemed to have left a bad impression since I haven't even felt the urge to read any of her books. As
Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥
Unfortunately I didn't like this book.

I know this is romance. It has never been my reason for reading this series but I know this will play a big role.

But seriously, it's so annoying in this book. All we get is "She's hot", "He's gorgeous", "I want to touch him", "I want to touch her" and so on. There is hardly any real conversation or plot because all we hear is how attracted they are to each other.

Oh, an there is constant denial from the characters in the beginning. "He did this but NOT becaus
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Venom, vixen, viral, virgin, valor, and volatile! Too many V words? Eh, no worries cause this was gooood! How long have you waited for this? Well folks, the wait is over and it is so worth it. There is a tremendous amount of sexual tension. The slow burn, cat-and-mouse, and all-consuming kind of chase that makes the pay off worth it: that’s what we get.

Torin is so sweet, and his longing to be able to touch and be touched makes him an instant book boyfriend. No matter the demons, he is on my list
Chitra *CJ*
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
"The Darkest Touch" is the story of Torin and Keeley.
Now since the series started, one of the characters I was most excited for was the kind and heartbroken-ly sexy Torin, who possesses the demon of Disease- because of which he's not able to touch anyone ( as they get infected by the worst of diseases and plague, and eventually die.)
He's also excluded from all the fights and is isolated because of his inability to touch.
We know that by the end of last book, he found a friend who inadvertently g
Sofia
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"My inability to rile you is maddening."
"I'll yell at you if it'll make you feel better."
"That would be extremely helpful, thank you."

This is Torin’s book. I repeat this is Torin’s book.

I have waited sooooo long for this book (I think we all have). I’ve been anxious to read with whom Torin was going to end up with.

What do we know about Torin?

Torin is a Lord of the underworld and keeper of Disease. That means that if he ever touched anyone, that person is going to get infected and eventually ei
Marulett
My first reaction after finding out book #11 would be Torin's book:

After reading the book:

OH MY GOD...TORIN I LOVE YOU AND WANT ALL FOR MYSELF

It's one of my faves in series, I waited so long for Torin's story and it was SOOO worth the wait!!

My reaction throughout the book...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this books...if you haven't read the Lords of the Underworld series, shame on you go pick it up now and start falling in love with this amazing characters...you won't regret it :)

Favorite quote:
“He’s n
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Touch (LOTU #11) 48 185 Feb 23, 2020 09:45PM
Romance Novel Boo...: SOLVED - Story about the God of the underworld 3 25 Jul 28, 2018 01:44PM
The Darkest Touch 7 136 Sep 12, 2015 12:59PM

• Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Midnight's Lover (Dark Warriors, #2)
  • Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #12; The Dacians, #1)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #14)
  • MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13)
  • Revenant (Lords of Deliverance, #6; Demonica, #12)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #15)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Shadow Highlander (Dark Sword, #5)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #10)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of over seventy books, including the acclaimed Lords of the Underworld series, the Gods of War series, the White Rabbit Chronicles, and the Forest of Good and Evil series. She writes sizzling paranormal romance, heartwarming contemporary romance, and unputdownable young adult novels, and lives in Oklahoma City with her family an ...more

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1, Lords of the Underworld #9.25)