Start by marking “Paper Wishes” as Want to Read:
Paper Wishes

Paper Wishes

Paper Wishes follows Jack and Jill on their journey from friendship to love over Christmas and New Years in two heartwarming stories.

Connect the Dots: Jill writes her most intimate Christmas wish to God—and throws it away for its ridiculousness—but Christmas wishes have a way of coming true, even when you don’t know what you’ve wished for.

A Test of Faith: One day after her
Published August 6th 2013 by Astraea Press (first published January 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Paper Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Wishes

Start your review of Paper Wishes
J. Ford
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Two fantastic romantic stories all bundled up in a sweet little book. I love these characters, especially Jill's daughter. I could relate to Jill, her insecurities and her fear about taking a step into the unknown. Jack was a pain to me, but he was also endearing. For Jill's sake, I wanted to see things work out for them. Of course we have to wade through the office politics and other roadblocks getting in their way, but I think the kiddo has it all figured out before the adults even get a clue. ...more
Teresa Jones
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Paper Wishes is the first book that I have read by Jennifer M. Eaton and I must say it was well done. This book is a two story set of short stories that tell the tale of love and romance during the holiday season. This was a fun Christmas read that I read in one sitting. I enjoyed the characters and the author included enough back story to help you relate to them all, while making the magic of Christmas and New Year’s make everything seem possible.

In this story we meet the lovely, Jill who after
Maghon Thomas
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-4-author
This is a very sweet little romance of two stories bundled together for one great book. It’s also holiday related so it’s a perfect quick, sweet, fun read! There’s two short stories telling you about some romance during the holidays.

I loved that even if you’ve never read anything from this author, or know who these characters are, when you read this one, the writing is done so you feel like you already know. :) That means the writing is excellent.

It’s very heartwarming, it’s so great to share
Denise Moncrief
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014

A Test of Faith: One day after her Christmas wish comes true, Jill faces a wrenching choice that tests her deepest beliefs. Will love prevail over conviction,
Sharon Hughson
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This novella is broken into two separate stories about the same couple, Jack and Jill. I enjoyed the read. The characters were dynamic and engaging.
It didn't earn five stars because I couldn't fully understand Jill's personality and hesitance. Her thoughts and actions weren't exactly contradictory, but rang false with me.
The first half about the paper Christmas stars was wonderful. A perfect holiday story for anyone who likes a little romance with their Christmas spirit.
The second story is where
J. Ford
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent romantic story. Clean, wholesome, sweet, affectionate. Just a beautiful story with a more than satisfying ending, the kind that makes you go 'awww' and maybe even bring on a happy tear or two. I can't recommend it enough. ...more
Charissa
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute story about Jack and Jill (gotta love those names). I appreciated the moral of the story, and how Jill sticks to her values even when faced with losing out on love. This novella was fun to read with characters that worked their way into my heart. Well done!
Midnight Magic Reviews
Jack & Jill, Volume One is a heartwarming holiday romance that will brighten your season. It's a sweet story about friends becoming something more. So if you are looking for a feel-good love story, then this one is for you.

We give it 3 Midnight Magic Girls!
Carrie
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Two stories about long-term friends whose relationship moves to the next level but not before misunderstandings and third parties threaten to undo their coming together. Throw in a precocious pre-teen daughter and a fun Christmas ritual of turning written wishes into ornaments, and the book offers an enjoyable holiday tale. The writing style is breezy and the pace brisk. I could easily see this as a holiday movie. A fun way to spend an hour or two.
Victoria Lees
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jack and Jill Volume One by Jennifer M. Eaton is a contemporary romance set during the holidays. The holidays, a time when the world hopes for peace and happiness. These hopes are encapsulated in the lives of Jack, Jill, and her daughter Nicole. But within that hope shines important beliefs that should be maintained even if the world thinks otherwise. Therein lies the twist to this contemporary romance. You won’t be disappointed.
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely wonderful. The author really draws you into the story. I will read more of her books.
J.A. Belfield
Heather
Dec 09, 2019
Elissa Mahler
May 03, 2020

• Starlight, Star Bright (Starlight Christmas Series, #2)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5; Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Nightwalker (Harrison Investigation, #8)
  • Because of the Baby (Midnight Sons, #4)
  • Sleigh Ride Together with You (Starlight Christmas #3)
  • Christmas is Murder (Rex Graves Mystery #1)
  • The Christmas Basket
  • Midnight Sons and Daughters
  • Ending in Marriage (Midnight Sons Series, #6)
  • Falling for Him (Midnight Sons, #5)
  • Midnight Sons, Volume 3: The Last Two Bachelors: Falling for Him/Ending in Marriage (Midnight Sons Series 5-6)
  • The Marriage Risk (Midnight Sons, #2)
  • Brides for Brothers (Midnight Sons, #1)
  • Daddy's Little Helper (Midnight Sons, #3)
  • Shadowed (Alaskan Courage, #0.5)
  • Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage, #5)
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • Lord Havelock's List (Regency Bachelors #1)
Jennifer M. Eaton hails from the eastern shore of the North American Continent on planet Earth. Yes, regrettably, she is human, but please don’t hold that against her.

While not traipsing through the galaxy looking for specimens for her space moth collection, she lives with her wonderfully supportive husband and three energetic offspring. (And a poodle who runs the spaceport when she’s not around.)

News & Interviews