Start by marking “Stanley's Garage” as Want to Read:
Stanley's Garage

Stanley's Garage

(Stanley)

Ring! Ring! Another phone call for Stanley's Garage - but can he fix all the cars with problems today?There's an overheating radiator, a flat tyre, and a bit of an oily mess! What a job for Stanley and his pick-up truck.

Join Stanley and friends for a mucky adventure in this colourful new series from William Bee...
Published May 8th 2014 by Jonathan Cape (first published May 1st 2014)

Vicki
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
Is there no end to this mouse's talent?? He certainly is a jack of all trades!

In this book, Stanley gives us an idea what happens at garage/fix-it shop for cars and trucks. Perfect for young listeners.
Vivian
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I love the "williambee Stanley" books and this is no exception. At home reading to my own kids I slip into my version of a British accent while reading them, which only adds to the fun of enjoying them together.

In this episode little ones can identify tools, colors, and assorted vehicles.
Avery Long
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-2-3
My 3.5 year old son loves these books. He laughs and also memorizes them so he can "read" them to me.
Destinee Sutton
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is my 1.5-year-old daughter's favorite book. She loves the whole series. I have to say, I wasn't thrilled with them initially but after my 1,000th reading, I'm really starting to pick up on the nuances of Stanley's existence. He is an auto mechanic, a diner owner/operator, a construction worker, a farmer, and a postal worker. That is one industrious hamster. He ends every day exactly the same way, so maybe he's obsessive-compulsive? He's also very into hats.

Additionally, I've become more i
Heidi
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stanley the Hamster runs his own garage where he helps his friends with their car trouble. The simple yet colorful illustrations contrast beautifully with the white space creating very eye-catching pictures for young readers. Preschoolers are bound to love Stanley. I like how helpful and friendly Stanley is as he fills gas tanks, changes flat tires, fills radiators, and gets oily fixing cars. The simple text is short and sweet and perfect for sharing with preschoolers and even toddlers who have ...more
Marya
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The illustrations are bright and colorful, the text is simple to read, there are no busy backgrounds, and basic preschool concepts are introduced without seeming didactic. For every two page spread, a new colored vehicle arrives at Stanley's garage seeking help. At the end, Stanley has a nice bath/supper and gets to bed by 9, making this book an easy read at bedtime. People who know more about cars than I do (basically everyone) may quibble with Stanley's solutions, but you can't fault his cuten ...more
Cara
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nkyclear
This title is one in a series of books about Stanley the hamster and his rodent friends. Bee’s digital illustrations utilize basic shapes composed of thick black lines, filled with primary colors. The illustrations are on a white background, along with one to two sentences of text per page, making for a clean book. The story is enjoyable and demonstrates what happens in a repair garage. The book itself is a nice size, with a sturdy puffy cover. This series would work well for storytimes, read al ...more
Tim
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great new series (I got unbound galleys from the publisher) of machine/color/cute animal books. Stanley's a multi-talented guinea pig with many rodent friends he's always helping out one way or another.

Here Stanley runs a garage and helps out his friends when they need gas or tune-ups or repairs.

Two are out in June & two in August. Can't think of a picture book audience who won't approve on some level!
Vi (like the letter)
Definitely loving the crisp and clear illustrations in each of these Stanley books. They easily capture the attention of young kids and simple sentences and themes makes it easy for them to follow along. I like that it discusses a variety of important concepts like helping others and showing kids various jobs. Stanley is such a cute little hamster, too.

My child has been asking us to read her this book all the time since we got it!
Samantha
Stanley is a guinea pig and in this book helps his friends out with their car troubles. He owns a full-service garage and fixes all the car problems whether they be big or small.

The appeal here is that Stanley's just putting in an honest day's work and he has a variety of car problems to attend to. Recommended for PreK-2, maybe even as a read aloud on career day.
Barbara
Digital illustrations accompany a simple story about a helpful hamster named Stanley. The pages show how he helps out drivers from his garage. There's a lot to do at that place. Someone always needs gas or repair or a tow. And then at the end of the day, Stanley can relax, enjoy a meal and a bath, and sleep well. The text is easy to read and will help young readers build confidence.
Mary
This book contains a huge amount of vocabulary pertaining to the car repair shop. While there are some stereotypical elements, as far as who drives what car and the gender of each role, there are pieces that encourage color learning and dialogic reading.
Teresa Bateman
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Bright and bold illustrations and simple text take us along with Stanley the hamster as he runs a garage. He helps other small critters with their vehicular problems then heads home for bath and bed. This series is just perfect for toddlers.
Lynn
Bright colors with bold black outlines padded cover, and simple text make this great for preschoolers. The page before the title page shows an array of tools, although not all are shown within the story.
Robin
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I'm in love with Stanley, a calm and capable hamster, and can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series. Mildly disappointed that there wasn't a dark William Bee twist, but this is an impecable toddler book, perfect for one on one and story times. Highly recommended for ages 1-3.
Rosa Cline
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This was a very precious storybook for toddlers or for a child that likes trucks. The illustrations are simple but wonderful and the text is simple but not 'basic' Stanley owns a garage and he helps fix a flat tire, an overheated car, and uses his tow truck to go save a friend.
Elaine
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
The cover has soft texture. The illustrations were very cute and provided lots of pictures of tools. The text & storyline was very easy to understand. Great for younger preschoolers during storytime. The kids enjoyed exploring the pages.
Alice
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Not a good day to read a book about a Gerbil, Hamster whatever by the name of Stanley GRR..

It was fine..nothing special... very simple, preschoolers might really dig it...but not the wonderful! Sorry! It was fine..just FINE!
wildct2003
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Improved with wife reading it to me.
Karin
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
We picked this up at the library this week and it instantly became one of my 2yo's favorites. A little hamster runs a garage and helps his friends with various automotive problems.
Michelle Gray
Another one to add to the good for transportation theme
Christen
Sep 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-alouds
Stanley owns a garage and fixes all of his friends' cars. Nice story that reminds me of the old Kipper books. A great addition to a car storytime.
Selena
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile
What an adorable book that little boys will love for sure. Not only does it teach colors, it also teaches basic car problems. I see this being a preschool hit!
Phyllis
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Our granddaughter enjoyed this book but she is a little young for it. A preschool boy would absolutely love this book.
Edward Sullivan
Sep 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A busy day of auto repair.
Danica Midlil
Very simple look at a garage mechanic's day. Nice for toddlers. Love William Bee's pictures.
Steph
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really adore Stanley and this cute series. =)
Dena
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great choice for fans of Maisy.
Karen
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a book for VERY young listeners. Anyone over the age of five would lose interest pretty quickly.
Miss Sarah
Stanley the mouse goes through his day fixing cars for others. each car is a different color and has a different problem. very simple and basic. perfect for toddlers.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
William Bee was born in London but now lives in the English countryside. In addition to writing children’s books, he races a vintage sports car, is an international skier, and when at home tends his lawns and meadows.

Stanley (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Stanley the Builder