Start by marking “By Proxy (Heart of Montana, #1)” as Want to Read:
By Proxy (Heart of Montana, #1)

By Proxy

(Heart of Montana #1)

A favor for friends...

Published September 24th 2013 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published September 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about By Proxy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Proxy

Alp
3.5/5

Sweeeeeeeet!

This was a very lovely read. I love Katy Regnery's writing style and her characters always brighten up my day. Sam was utterly endearing and Jenny, as a character, didn't fail me. I was impressed by how true to life these two main characters were. They were both imperfect. Of course, they made some mistakes saying something they later regretted. They also unintentionally hurt each other's feelings, but they were brave enough to admit it and tried to make things right.

The further
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
By Proxy is book one is the Heart of Montana series by Katy Regnery. This is my first book by Ms. Regnery. And I really, really enjoyed it. It won’t be my last. Even though this is a romantic Christmas story, I found the writing to be poetic and lyrical. I loved her vivid descriptions.

photo welcome_to_gardiner_sign_zps1109c4fe.jpg

Jenny Lindstrom is most definitely a small town girl. She grew up in Gardiner, Montana, only leaving to attend college in Great Falls. She loved Great Falls and planned to stay after graduation to start a caree
Katy Regnery
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
***I loved writing this book! I hope you enjoy reading it!!***
Melody Cox
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was charming, sweetly romantic and I loved the representation that love does not take years, or a specific amount of time. It happens when it happens.

Jenny Lindstrom is small town school teacher who has promised to stand in as proxy for her best friend's marriage while she is away in the military.

Sam Kelley has agreed to take wedding vows for his favorite cousin while he is in Afghanistan and Sam plans to fly back to his home in Chicago immediately after the cerem
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
As a new blogger imagine my excitement when my first review request from an author comes through my email. It also just so happens that the description of the book includes my two favorite things, Romance and Christmas. Oh did I mention it features a military couple, which is obviously close to my heart because I am an Army spouse. I'll admit I was nervous because what if this book is bad and I can't give a new author love? I love giving love....
Now imagine me as I do a happy dance because the b
Huseina
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Noen elsket meg en gang. Jeg er velsignet.. someone loved me once. I am blessed.

By proxy, by far is one of the most sweetest books I have ever read.. I am a hopeless romantic so reading this book was really lovely...

I loved how the story was written, the sweet pure romance.. the story is set in a small town in Montana where the main characters meet while marrying each other as proxy.. Well I never knew we could get married with double proxy or even a proxy for one.. but yeah, it's legal in Monta
Tina "IRead2Escape"
4.5 Stars
Hotness Rating 1 out of 5

By Proxy is the first book in the fun and sweet Heart of Montana series by Katy Regnery. If you're looking for a touching story of self sacrifice and the joys and heartbreaks of falling in love this is the book for you.

Jenny Lindstrom has always been willing to give up her own wants to help those she loves. After college she left the small town and teaching position she loved to care for her sick mother. After her mother died she continued on in her small hometo
Kathy (My Nook Books and More)
I have to admit I am a hopeless romantic, so I loved this book! By Proxy is the first book of the Heart of Montana series by Katy Regnery. I was approached by Katy for a review and I have to be honest I was very nervous. I'm a new blogger so I was really surprised to receive her email, but the synopsis intrigued me. The story about 2 strangers coming together to be proxies for a wedding is original (and to be honest I had no idea this can be done!).

But what I really loved about this book is the
So, I Read This Book Today
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance
Recommended to So, I Read This Book Today by: Author
I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC of "by Proxy" by Katy Regnery. It was a pleasure reading it. I hope you enjoy my review, and read the book! It comes out on September 25th. If you like sweet romances with a bit of snappy interaction, you will love it.

There are some really strange laws in this country of ours. Did you know that, in the state of Montana, it is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone? And it is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any ot
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Jenny Lindstrom lives in Gardiner, Montana. She loves her small town life and would do just about anything for her cousin Ingrid including getting married by proxy. Sam Kelley was asked by his cousin Kristian to be his stand in for by proxy. Little did either Sam or Jenny ever think that love was in their future. Sam is blown away by Jenny's easy going, stands up for herself, and gentle manner. Jenny doesn't know how to explain what she feels for Sam. Jenny uses her family as a shield to hide fr ...more
Lydia
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: heart-of-montana
I believe I asked myself the same publicly on Facebook. The big question of what to do when you're torn between being honest - which is a big must for me - and nicer than you should to avoid hurting the author's feelings. This is not something that happens to me often, and I certainly don't enjoy it, but the truth is something I greatly value in my reviews, and I can't lie without getting out of line. I'm not that good of an actress, sorry.

So, with that cleared, let's talk about this book, ok? A
Krystle ~A Booknatic~
I had won an ARC of 'By Proxy' thru a Giveaway the author had on her blog, and I'm really glad I did. This is one of the sweetest books I've read in a long time. I could tell by the cover, I was going to love it. 'By Proxy' is Katy Regnery's debut novel and to me, she nailed it. I can only hope that if by some chance when I take that big leap and decide to put what's rolling around up in my brain to paper. That I succeed as well as she has.

Now, I actually have never heard of getting married by
Simona
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought-not-read
By Proxy is the first book in Katy’s Heart of Montana series, following the Lindstrom siblings. I read number 2 first and I absolutely fell in love with it, so I had to buy the first one of the series and I fell in love with this one as well.

Jenny Lindstron is the youngest of 4 children, she has three older brothers. We all get to know them in this story, but the all get their own story as well.
Jenny is a typical girl next door type, working hard as a teacher at her high school, committed to her
Shreya
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4 Sweet Sweet Stars!

The blurb:

A favor for friends...

Stubbornly small-town Jenny Lindstrom has misgivings when she promises to stand proxy in her best friend's wedding - misgivings that are fulfilled when tall, handsome Sam Kelley walks into the courthouse an hour late. In order to keep her promise, an afternoon favor turns into a weekend of startling but undeniable attraction, threatening the well-ordered world that keeps her heart at arm's length from any more pain.

...turns into a whirlwind rom
Bridget
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
If I had to sum up By Proxy in one word, I would say sweet. With all the Christian Grey-esque heroes running around today, one can forget that a hero can be manly without being so alpha he has cave man tendencies. He can be funny, smart, and nice. Sex? Yeah, he wants to, but he wants you more. I liked By Proxy. The characters are endearing and the story is sweetly romantic.
Maggie2u
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. A pure romance book. There are NO steamy scenes in this book. A great story, very clean book. So if you need a clean romance book to read or recommend to someone. This would be a great find.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐ 3 stars ⭐⭐⭐ ...more
Rachel
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute and heart warming!
UltraMeital
What a wonderfully sweet story! Though I've read MOST of Katy's work this is the only series left on my list and it's actually the first books she published. It felt different from everything else I've read by her, I"m not sure if it's the setting, the characters or what exactly but there was a sort of innocence and small town wonder I really enjoyed reading. Also, it's been awhile since I read such "low steam" novel and I gotta say, I didn't really feel it was missing. I didn't "need" it to fee ...more
Venessa
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
Lydia H
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Light, sweet, and beautifully romantic. By Proxy is the perfect read for the Holidays! It made me want to curl up on my couch with a warm blanket, surround myself with a bunch of soft pillows, and drink hot chocolate while reading. And I did! Well, minus the hot cocoa since I'm a bit lazy and once I started reading this book, I didn't want to stop. I found myself smiling throughout the entire story line. My heart was happy. To me, this is what a true romance novel with a touch of sexy looks like ...more
Janell Sutherland
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
In Montana, people who can’t physically be present for their wedding can appoint proxies to take vows for them. In this book, the lovebirds are in the military, stationed apart from each other, and they want to get married ASAP because the woman is pregnant and they want to be somewhat traditional. Enter the bride’s best friend, Jenny, and the groom’s cousin, Sam, to take care of things.

Jenny is a small town science teacher who goes to church and doesn’t drink. She’s close to her three brothers,
Ivyd
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sam Kelley and Jenny Lindstrom are thrown together by fate. Sam agrees to stand proxy for his cousin Kristian. Jenny has agreed to stand in for her best friend Ingrid. This double proxy is legal only in Montana. Small town vs big city in this romantic clash of cultures and values.

Jenny is lovely in a completely natural way inside and out. There’s not a pretentious or phony bone in her body and she knows how to give a heartfelt apology when she’s wrong. She has what would, in today’s fast paced o
Lenore Kosinski
2.5 stars -- *sigh* And so my reading slump continues. Which is weird, b/c I thought this would be a sure thing since I love other works by this author. I will definitely be taking the rest of this series off my wishlist, just in case....

I probably should have DNF'd this one from the first moment our heroine acted all judgey and rubbed me the wrong way. But there were parts of the romance I was enjoying, and I wanted to see if she would grow up a bit. Unfortunately, that just didn't happen. And
Delilah
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
**I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion.**

Looking for a sweet romance that will make your heart pitter patter? I recommend reading Katy Regnery's debut novel, By Proxy. This book had me cheesing and gushing the whole way through. And it surely brought the holiday spirit back into my life.

The synopsis does a fabulous job of explaining what the story is about. It's essentially a story about instalove during the holiday season. Honestly, I feel like I have seen many stories like this
Yenin
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well that was... Like a slap to the head with a kindle Even though this is not my cup of tea kind of book, I decided to give it try yet knowing I wouldn't see the kind of rough passion I'm always looking for. And oh wow, this lady clearly shut up my fecking mouth pretty classy. I'm giving it 4 stars because there's something I still find disturbing, though it may be a silly thing for most of the people, it still bothers me.

Here's the thing; I don't posses any kind of knowledge about writing or a
Brittany
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
**I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review**

First, I would like to say how much I love this cover! Maybe I'm just a sucker for blue (and Christmas!), but I think it fits the book perfectly-- festive and oh so cute! When I was first approached by the author to review By Proxy, I knew I had to give it a shot. First of all, the concept was something completely different-- and, honestly, centered around something I had never even heard of before: a double proxy wedding.

For tho
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-arc, read-in-2013
4-1/2 Stars

This is a very sweet and charming romance, and the perfect read for getting in the holiday mood, or really any time throughout the year to be in the mood for falling in love. I didn't know what to expect from this novel, as I knew nothing of the author or her style, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

As for the storyline, it seemed completely plausible to me. Maybe some won't, but I totally bought into this story. And I fell in love a little bit, too. The author ma
Branwen *of House Targaryen*
Jenny and Sam are doing their two friends a huge favor by standing in place for them for their wedding vows since they are both in the army. This is called a by proxy, and only exists in the state of Montana. But when Sam is late and the judge leaves early for the day, Jenny and Sam are stuck for the weekend, they find that the more time they spend together the closer they become. But what is going to happen after Monday and Sam has to go back to his life in Chicago?

My feelings sort of went up a
Jessica
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, adult
Appeal Characteristics: Norwegian culture, Montana/Nature, sexual tension, small town living,
Rating: 4 stars
Heat: 1

What I liked: It's been a long time since I've read a cozy romance. I consider a romance book cozy if there is that unresolved sexual tension----or the characters do not consummate their love before their vows. Thankfully, the characters were appealing, that I wasn't that disappointed in the lack of sexual details. The pace and overall plot schematics was essentially formulaic to
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
West Michigan Boo...: Book Discussion and Christmas Party 4 11 Dec 04, 2013 10:29AM

• To Please A Lady (Seduction, #3)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • A Cowboy's Christmas Promise (Whisper Creek, #2)
  • Catch Him If You Can
  • Facing the Music (Rosewood, #1)
  • Home Run (Keller Family, #7)
  • Love to Love Her (Silver State Series)
  • If I Stay (Montgomery Manor, #1)
  • 12 Christmas Romances To Melt Your Heart
  • With This Christmas Ring (Studies in Scandal, #2.5; Lords of Anarchy, #3.5)
  • Then He Came Back (Love From Austin Book 2)
  • Different Strokes
  • Echo Bay Christmas
  • The Hang Up (First Impressions, #2)
  • Light This Candle
  • Mistletoe Wedding (A Marietta Christmas #2; Bar V5 Dude Ranch #4)
  • The Nutcracker Bride (12 Brides of Christmas #2)
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katy Regnery started her writing career by enrolling in a short story class in January 2012. One year later, she signed her first contract and Katy’s first novel was published in September 2013.

Now exclusively self-published, Katy claims authorship of the multi-titled Blueberry Lane Series, which follows the English, Winslow, Rousseau, Story, and Amb

Heart of Montana (6 books)
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Midsummer Sweetheart (Heart of Montana, #3)
  • See Jane Fall (Heart of Montana, #4)
  • Meeting Miss Mystic (Heart of Montana, #5)
  • What Were You Expecting? (Heart of Montana, #6)
“The heart wants what the heart wants. Beyond common sense. Beyond higher reason.” 11 likes