Start by marking “Moonlight & Love Songs (Le Chat Rouge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Moonlight & Love Songs (Le Chat Rouge, #2)

Moonlight & Love Songs

(Le Chat Rouge #2)

When Le Chat Rouge’s pianist, Benoît Grenier, meets the club’s new singer, his world is turned upside down. He’d given up ever finding someone to love. His hopes and dreams of a life beyond the club are revived, while his heart heals.

Daniel Marceau has come from Marseille, looking to escape bad decisions and worse memories. He never expected to fall in love, and when his
Published September 3rd 2013 by Alyssa Linn Palmer

To ask other readers questions about Moonlight & Love Songs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonlight & Love Songs

Start your review of Moonlight & Love Songs (Le Chat Rouge, #2)
Monique
DNF... my first ever!!!
T.B. Markinson
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This novel is the second in the Le Chat Rouge series. Benoit is a piano player in Le Chat Rouge, a jazz club in Paris. The club is a bit run down and their lead singer, Sera, has left. Benoit is a talented player and can compose, but without a singer his chances of getting out of the rundown club and succeeding are slim.

Daniel is a handsome young man who can sing and who loves music. When he walks into the Le Chat, Benoit takes notice. Not only can Daniel sing, but Benoit feels a spark. Unlucky
Tsubaki
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Going into this book, I really wished there was more of a recap of the first book, as far as reiterating the setting and characters go anyways. I mean, it's an odd issue since personally, I have zero interest in M/F romance and would never have touched the first book anyways. Especially given that this book follows different characters and is standalone.

It really didn't detract that much from the overall enjoyability of the
Anna Goerlitz
3-3.5 stars
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

*The following may contain minor spoilers*

This was hard work for me to get through – not because it’s a bad story, but because it was heartbreakingly cruel.

Benoit is a talented jazz pianist, who has lost his fire and passion. He is just going through the motions in his dreary little life in a mediocre Parisian jazz club, going home alone every night to his tiny little crummy apartment. Until the day Daniel steps into
Kendra T
I really wanted to love this book. Unfortunately, it fell flat for me. The blurb sounded really interesting. This was a second book in a series, but I had not read the first and this seemed to work as a standalone. We met some previous characters, but I felt that the characters in this book were explained well enough that I wasn't left out.

While it started off and seemed like a story with Benoit as the main MC, the majority of the story revolved around Daniel. I felt like we didn't really get
~IreneOust~
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Another winner from Ms. Palmer!!

After having read and fallen in love with Alyssa Linn Palmer's The Paris Game, I was thrilled to learn she was working on another book in this series.

Le Chat Rouge has become one of my favorite fictional hangouts. Thanks to Alyssa's fantastic writing skills, you actually feel as if you just left that charming litle place smelling of cigarette smoke.

I have a weakness for books that are M/M (or written from male POV) and stories that are set in Europe and this book
Emily
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it

Aug 12, 2013 Cynthia rated it 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book I have read from this author. And I will tell you that I really fell for Benoit and Daniel. I thought the author did her research and she brought me into the story using her French and music knowledge.

I liked the chemistry between the boys. Their problems and dreams were realistic and believable. Benoit wanted fame and Daniel wanted to believe in Benoit and to be able to put his trust in this man. At times it was heartbreaking
Jaime
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hmmm... Where to start?!

Second in series, but I hadn't read 1st and didn't feel like I missed much.

The book is HEAVY subject matter and the author did a great job with the realism. She perfectly captured the selfishness of an addict!

I liked it that it was not true love conquers all but still a HFN.
Megan
Sep 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like big band music and jazz will appreciate this book more
Shelves: lgbtqia
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.

I fell in love with MOONLIGHT & LOVE SONGS from the very first sentence. Palmer sets a mood of the unloved Jazz club scene in Paris, and of the great sexual tension between the pianist and the singer staring at each other from across the room as they perform for the crowd. It's magical.

I think I like the characters the most. They suck you in and eat your soul. Benoit is so sweet and I love him. The love he and Daniel share
Kimberly
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-bookshelf
One of the best parts about being a book blogger is the ability to be exposed to such a wide range of new and exciting authors, be they indie, self published, big press or small press. So when I got the tour invite to be a part of Canadian writer Alyssa Linn Palmer's new novel Moonlight & Love Songs I knew it would be a great way to show support for a fellow Canadian as well for a genre that I may not read often but almost always enjoy when I do.

It's been awhile since I've read an M/M
Gaele
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
The second in the Le Chat Rouge series, Moonlight and Love Songs is the story of Benoit and Daniel. Reminiscent of the heyday Jazz clubs in Paris, Le Chat Rouge is now run down and slightly past its prime. After Benoit’s group loses their lead singer Sera, the chances for upward mobility into a better club with better clientele is out of the question. While Benoit can compose and play beautifully, a singer is a must in the jazz clubs of the city.

Daniel appears as if from a dream: with a
Pati
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dbml, m-m, romance
I received this book from the Author through the m/m romance group's Don't Buy Me Love Program in exchange for an honest review.

My life has revolved around music, from my earliest memories through the present I cannot imagine living without music. My second lifelong love is reading therefore I fully expected to love this book. Unfortunately, I just didn't.

While this book is well written and I'm pretty sure that I'll be in the minority there were just too many things rubbed me the wrong way,
blub
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

This is my first book from this author. I did not read the previous book in the series so it just goes to show that this book can be read as a standalone.

Benoît is a pianist for club, Le Chat Rouge, which has just lost it's singer, Sera. Trying to find a replacement for her is a tideous process and it seems that Benoit is on the cusp of unemployeement. Then the club brings in Daniel, who seems to be a great replacement for Sera.
Lucie Paris
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
The Parisian in me loved the ride provided by the author into the streets of Paris and those of Marseille.

I also liked the music that accompanies this story. I always enjoyed it when the authors disclose a playlist, with songs that have inspired them, while writing the novel.
Here, it is even better because the heroes are musicians and they interpret the classics of the French repertoire that all the tourist are asking for like "La Vie en Rose".

The romantic in me also enjoyed the difficult love
Gaby
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
I got a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review through the DBML program in the M/M Ronance group.

I love music, and I have a thing for books that have music as part of the plot, so I expected to love this book. Unforunately, it didn't happen.

The story is angsty... And while I normally love angsty books I also expect to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, but, boy, it was hard with this one. And, not in a good way, I'm afraid.

We meet Benoit, a handsome pianist in a bar. Turns
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮

It was really hard finish this book, I admit I did it just cause it was a DBML book, otherwise I honestly would have given up. I didn't like it at all, I found it boring. I think the concept was great, I love reading about musicians and Daniel's addiction is a theme I really care about. The writing wasn't bad but I often found myself re-reading the same page cause I
Cynthia
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
For the full review, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com

I really enjoyed Benoit's and Daniel's story the whole time I was reading it. The way the author used the French setting and music knowledge really made the story come alive.

The MCs' romance felt believable. As they develop their relationship, Benoit's dreams of being famous and finding a better place to perform finally seems to become a reality, but only if Daniel learns to trust Benoit and confess his drug addictions.

Towards
Sep 16, 2013
Cathy Pegau
Dec 06, 2015
Alyssa
Aug 07, 2013 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Wendy Keel
Sue
Jaideep Khanduja
SonyaA.
Discounted 25% for June, Pride Month, 2014! 1 1 Jun 02, 2014 07:30PM
Alyssa Linn Palmer is a Canadian writer and freelance editor. She splits her time between a full-time day job, and her part-time loves, writing and editing. She is a member of the RWA, the Calgary RWA, and RRW (Rainbow Romance Writers). She has a passion for Paris and all things French, which is reflected in her writing. When she's not writing lesbian romance, she's creating the dark, morally ...more

Le Chat Rouge (3 books)
  • The Paris Game (Le Chat Rouge, #1)
  • The London Game (Le Chat Rouge #3)