Start by marking “Love on a Wing and a Prayer” as Want to Read:
Love on a Wing and a Prayer

Love on a Wing and a Prayer

Dear Author,

Even with the repeal of DADT, it is not commonly known that I am gay. Living on an aircraft carrier, surrounded by so many men in such close quarters, I worry that if my sexuality is known, most of them will subscribe to the narrow thinking that I am attracted to all of them. But there is one who has caught my eye and driven my senses into overload. The problem
Published August 7th 2013 by A Bear on Books

To ask other readers questions about Love on a Wing and a Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on a Wing and a Prayer

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather K (dentist in my spare time) by: Sheri
F!! Tom, just F!!! You did it, you made me love these characters. Now I'm upset that this is just a short and not a full book! I loved everything about this story. Bravo, sweetie, I've fallen in love!

Honestly, Tom always brings the goods and this story was no exception. I mean, military men, sizzling chemistry, and a best friend who stole my heart? What is not to love here?

What really impresses me about this author's writing is that it always feels so effortless. It is like one day he said, "Wel
Bev
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Another delightful story from this year's LHNB event. This one is written by the wonderful Tom Webb, and features Davey, Chuck and a bloomin' great aircraft carrier. 5 stars and

Davey is a pilot and Lieutenant on board the USS Georgetown, and is definitely in the closet...on board ship that is, as the story says ' Living on ships for months at a time, mostly with men, might sound like a gay man's hottest fantasy....but the reality was nothing like what you might imagine. Cramped quarters, regi
Mark
Shelves: gay-fiction, military
I just love a military story, I guess it takes me back to my 10 years in the Royal Air Force. *reminisce*

This is a really sweet story, well written and realistic. Davey is a pilot in the Navy and due to the military's attitude, or so he thinks, has kept himself firmly banged up in the closet. This is all about to change when his hormones rocket sky high after Chuck joins the flight crew.

I love stories I can relate to with my own experience. I knew exactly how Davey felt, as this was me, during m
Ann
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome addition to the LHNB offerings!

Chuck and Davey? Just perfect for each other and seeing them happy made me happy. A few moments broke my heart. When Davey was realizing he had never been on a real date before at 28 and seeing all he sacrificed for his career was just so sad and so wrong. It made the happy even more appreciated though and seeing the support he had from his friends, that he didn't even realize he had, was heartwarming and made me hopeful.

I would love to read Gio's
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
4.25 flyboy stars

How the hell did I miss this book last year? This short story was sexy and romantic. Loved Davey and Chuck; loved the ending. I would love to read Gio's story.
Sheri
….and the winner is?
I’ve been slowly working my way through this year’s LHNB stories and 'Love on a Wing and Prayer’ without a doubt soars high above all the rest (how I missed TA Webb on the roster is beyond me?!).
I simply loved it, every single bit and I’m going to make this brief so I can immediately help myself to a second serving. *me smiling*
Fly boy Davey is content with his life. He has concluded relationships, or heaven forbid the four-letter ‘L’ word, have no place in his career.
Just
Jenni
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
A sweet, angst-free contribution to the LHNB collection. I enjoyed this story!

It's becoming quite predictable for me to say about these shorties, but: I would have loved more. A full length novel about these boys and all they'd face navigating their lives together and as servicemen would be a good read, I bet.
Gigi
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am such a sucker for military boys and for T.A. Webb, this one was kind of a no brainer going in. Of course I loved every word! It should be a no brainer for every M/M romance fan too. Just read it and let the happy endorphins wash over you in the epilogue. *happy sigh*
Macky
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone.
Wonderful addition to LHNB from one of my most favourite m/m authors. I adored every word and can't wait to get this on my Kindle so I can read it again and again. I don't read these normally until I can download to my Kindle for easier reading but for Mr Webb I was very happy to do the scroll first!

Great characters, a lovely military romance and like everyone else I loved Gio so if he gets his story I'm dying to read it... And its free. Brilliant, I love it! Thank you Tom.

Meags
4 Stars

Where has T.A. Webb been all my life? I feel like I've been living under a rock! From this one short story alone I can see myself becoming quite the fan of his stories. The writing was beautiful, the story was romantic as heck, and the characters were endearing and impressively actualized for such a tiny story. And that ending? Gah! So sweet. I truly enjoyed this one and I look forward to exploring more from Webb as soon as humanly possible!

Quick question: Will there be a sequel to this?
Ele
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.5 stars*

How the hell did I miss this? Seriously, how? Dani, thanks for recommending it.

It was a short story but it felt really complete to me. Well shaped characters, slow burn, hot sex, HEA. And an epilogue! In 36 pages! Perfect, just what I needed. Recommended.

P.S Gio needs a story. I looked but couldn't find one. But he does need it!!!
Kol Anderson
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
There are very few authors whose fluff writing I can sit through and this guy is one of them. The whole not knowing that the characters have a thing for one another was very nicely handled, the men talking in the locker rooms and everything, it was very convincing. Gio should definitely have some thing with Alex :P he was really cute too.
Vivian
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Romantic and sexy. Hot damn! This needs a sequel, 'cause we gotta know what's going on with Gio!
Trisha Harrington
There are some pretty great reviews out there already. So I am not going to really write one. What I will say is, I loved it. It's a must read and... We need a longer book! Sequel, fleshed out version, anything. But I want to see this couple again!
Dre
I'm a sucker for military men, and Chuck just seemed like such a fun, nice guy that I couldn't help but fall in love with him myself. Was not expecting the Gio twist, but I loved it, and I hope we get his story soon!
Tina
Shelves: lhnb-2013

Dear Tom,

what have you done? You just left me with 9928 words of pure heaven... and now?

OMG... I fell so hard for Chuck and Davey.

Would you please save my life and write more about the guys?

Will Parkinson
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short story for the Love Has No Boundaries event.

Mr. Webb always tries to wring emotions from his readers and this is no different. Though he keeps it relatively angst free, he still gives it a punch and shows how hard life in the military can be for the people who serve in it.

My favorite character was Gio, the best friend who knows so much, and keeps so many secrets.

This story gave me hope for the future. Where people don't have to hide who they are and are accepted based on merits
Gina
Shelves: favorites, m-m, lhnb

Here I go again with... OMG OMG OMG!!!

I loved this military story, another story i wanted more of....more more more i say!!

Excellent story, excellent writing!
Christy
Shelves: free, m-m, on-my-kindle
What a wonderful short story for the Love Has No Boundaries event.

I couldn't help but fall for Davey and Chuck as two strong, sexy Navy aviators. Davey's best friend and wingman, Gio, took the cake and I'd love to see more of him!

A great short story romance that I sure wish the author would write more of ;-)
Justin
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is another great short story from the LHNB event. Smoking hot military men doing smoking hot things with each other, need I say more? Thank you T.A. Webb for participating in this event!
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ***

This story was fabulous! It was the kind of short story that made me wish it was a full-length novel - I loved the characters that much. And that ending...? *dreamy sigh with hearts in my eyes*
* N aka Nikki
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this! Glad you picked this one up, Ele. Thanks for suggesting.
Silkeeeeeereads
Sweet read. The kind that makes you say, "Ahhhh. How sweet!"
Anne
Amazing! I'll write a review later, I guess. Right now I just need a hand- I mean, a cold shower. Yeah. Shower. Cold.
V
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What do you know, no tears in this story.
What a wonderful book, I love these two characters.
Do we ever going to get a story about Gio and Alex, or is that too much to ask.
Please Tom...
Serena Yates
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
Davey and Chuck, both Navy pilots, are very special men. Both hide their sexual preference, even after the repeal of DADT, for various reasons. Mostly because it's easier, they think, and because neither of them sees a reason to come out. That all changes when they meet.

The sexual tension between them start when they first look at each other, and rises steadily over the next two months, until it reaches explosive levels. With nowhere else to go, they finally talk and confirm their mutual interes
Melyna
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. Chuck and Davey are great characters. I enjoyed the way the author brings Davey's thoughts and feelings to life, his fears about coming out even with the repeal of DADT, his goals in life and what he has sacrificed to achieve these goals. I thought the slow development of the romance between Chuck and Davey made their first date so much sweeter. Gio is really my favorite character. He is the best friend we all want to have. Fun, accepting, loves you for who you are and has yo ...more
Salsera1974
T.A. Webb's contribution to the Love Has No Boundaries event is a sweet story about two Navy pilots who have lots of experience with sex, but none at all with love. In just a few short pages, he conveys immediate attraction and a slowly developing emotional attachment, both of which helped me invest in the relationship that was building between the MCs. He also takes a few moments to pull out his trademark sense of humor, using it to show that the times, they are a'changing -- DADT is a thing of ...more
Lost in a Book
4.5 Stars

Alright Ya’ll I put together a to-do list after reading this book. It doesn't have to be completed in this order but it definitely needs to be done.

1. Find a hot gay pilot with aviators(a must) and keep him forever and ever.
2. Stalk the flight deck of all the Air Craft Carriers in my town. (Thank goodness I live in a Navy town)
3. Ask my dad to pay upcoming therapy bills because he was in the military and has already retired. This has robbed me of my opportunity to fully appreciate ALL
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ by: Runell
Aviator Hotness!

Man, I like the way T.A. Webb writes. For just a handful of chapters he sure can make them pack a punch. This was a really good, smexy read about to two Naval aviators, Chuck & Davey.

Chuck is "funny, generous, kind and giving hunk of a human being, and ninety kinds of sexy to boot." Davey is cocky yet reserved & has a dry humor that I found endearing. Davey's also firmly in the closet amongst his compatriots until Chuck steps off that transport on the flight deck in all
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Romance Readers R...: Buddy Read - Love on a Wing and a Prayer - January 2014 26 32 Jan 22, 2014 07:13PM
Goodreads Librari...: Request to change cover 3 22 Nov 26, 2013 06:58PM

• Forever. I Promise.
  • A.S.H.E.R.
  • Smartass
  • Straight Men Can't Cook
T.A. Webb is the writing name for the Mean Old Bear That Could. He's worked with people living with HIV/AIDS and with children in the foster care system for over twenty years, and took the smaller pay for the chance to make a difference for those who can't help themselves. After hours, he's the proud single papa of two (now three) rescue dogs, was born and raised in Atlanta, where he still lives, ...more