Start by marking “Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics” as Want to Read:
Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics

Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics

For more than half a century, E. B. White's novel Charlotte's Web has charmed readers with its account of Charlotte, the resourceful spider, and the love and friendship she brings to her farmyard friends. Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics collects in a single volume all of E. B. White's classics for young readers, including Stuart Little, the story of an adven ...more
Leather Bound, 605 pages
Published January 25th 2013 by Barnes & Noble

To ask other readers questions about Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics

Start your review of Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics
James
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-fiction
Charlotte's Web was selected as one of the young adult book's to read on the Children's Book Readathon I'm hosting on my blog this month. This classic by E.B. White has been seen countless times on television, but how many of us have actually read the book? This is my second read and review, but I'm glad to dive back in as you discover so much more the second time around. It also reminded me White wrote Stuart Little, too! I'd either never known or forgotten.

Death is not easy. Dealing with it as
Stephanie (Bookish Plans)
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I would have given this entire book 5 stars, but I was quite disappointed in one of the novels that was placed within it. This amazing book came with a collection of three E.B. Whites most famous books: Stuart Little, Charlotte's Web, and The Trumpet of the Swan. I have always loved the story of Charlotte's Web and still to this very day, I can remember every character and every chapter. It's such an amazing story that reflects on how friends and family really do come in small packages and that ...more
Jana
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Stuart Little: 4*
Charlotte's Web: 4*
The Trumpet of the Swan: 4*
Lisa (LiteraryLatinax)
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
It's a story many of us have read, it may have been when we were young, older or with our own children. It's funny and sad, fun and you learning some thing you may have never known about animals.

As much as there was of this book that I do remember, there were parts that I completely forgot about. One particular part I enjoyed was Wilbur (pig) attempting to make a web. It's something I'm glad I reread and enjoy every bit of it.
Christine Woods
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classics
This beautiful book is one of the many affordable Barnes and Noble Leather-bound Classics. I love collecting them! It contains three of E. B. White's stories. Stuart Little, the loved by all Charlotte's Web and The Trumpet of the Swan. I felt that all three stories taught that no matter how small, insignificant or defected a person may be there are ways to face the world and make something of yourself. Charlotte is great example of sacrifice and love for a friend. ...more
Timons Esaias
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In my interminably lengthy incarnation on this planet I have read various essays by E. B. White, I have read The Elements of Style repeatedly, I have read Is Sex Necessary? (Why did I focus on his collaborations???), but never, ever, had I read any of his three children's classics. They weren't in the house when I grew up. Nobody grabbed me by the collar and insisted I must read them.

So sad.

But finally I grew tired of reading references to Charlotte's Web without knowing what they meant, so I to
Fiction Addition Angela
One morning in 1949, E B White walked into his barn and saw a spiders web. The web with its elaborate whirls and loops glistened in the morning dew. Weeks later he noticed a spider spinning what turned out to be a egg sac. He cut the sac down and put it in a sweet box on his dresser, weeks later he noticed lots of tiny spiders escaping. The next week or so tiny webs dangled from his hair brush and so a story was hatched for Charlotte’s Web

I first read Charlotte’s Web as a child and fell in love
Tenkara Smart
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A story that can't be forgotten ...more
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Classic that I reread much earlier this year, just trying to get the reviews in before January 1. hahaha.
Grace
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is outstanding. Everything about it is magical, and it delights readers everywhere. A little pig named Wilbur and his best friend, Charlotte the spider, save Wilbur from an untimely fate in the most brilliant way.
Becky
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love E.B. White. None of these books ever get old to me, but even though it is the least popular, I think The Trumpet of the Swan is my favorite.
sandra
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Connor Francois
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
l
Sonya Bradley
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite all time children's book. ...more
Christopher Augustine Matthew Dilan
I love this book
Jennifer Vensel
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
wonderful!
Roberta
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Second read in my lifetime. Adult
Cryed at the end when we read this in first grade.
Rosalie
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s a awsome book and I love to read to enyone
Laurie E.Rice
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book will forever be a source of joy for me.
Haley Easthom
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just one of the best literary works ever nbd
Megan Schubert
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book when I was a child!
Roisin Riordan
Feb 08, 2021 rated it did not like it
This type of book is not for me, I found it a bit samey
Toni
Apr 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fantastic book and one that is a true classic. I have read this book so many times. You will love the richness of the characters and the wholesome world that this book brings to life.
Kate Berry
Alex
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great set of short stories for children and adults wanting to remember what it was like to be read these books as a child.
I grew up being read Charlotte's web and Stuart Little and so when I saw this beautiful Barnes and Noble leather bound classic I just couldn't resist.
Beautiful illustrations, great font and 3 lovely stories with never a dull moment means I can't wait for the day where i read this book to my children.
Amber Martin
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've always loved both Stewart Little and Charlotte's Web as films but had never read the books until now.
I love the leather bound books that Barnes and Noble put out recently and was glad to have this one. That being said while I enjoyed all three books, I was disappointed with the ending of Stewart Little. It felt rushed. Charlotte's Web was lovely and I enjoyed it. But The Trumpet Of The Swan ended up being my favorite of the three.
Nathan Washor
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Charlotte's Web: Julia and I enjoyed reading this together. It was one of my favorites as a child and I'm pleased to have shared it with her.

Stuart Little: A fun little book, more a collection of scenes than a story.

Trumpet of the Swan: A beautiful story of a mute trumpeter swan and his triumph over his speech defect.
Delaney Butterfield
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I only actually read Charlotte's Web but whatever. The point is that I first read about Wilbur and Charlotte when I was 5 years old and instantly fell in love. Almost 10 years later, the duo still holds a special place in my heart that will remain there forever. ...more
Kasia
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classics
I wrote separate reviews on Stuart little and charlottes web.

However, I just finished the trumpet of the swan and it was by far my favourite of the three. This story was just absolutely amazing in all the ways possible and I am so very happy I read it! ❤️❤️
Grace
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
A great edition of three timeless tales.

• The Secret Garden
  • Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
  • The BFG: A Set of Plays
  • L.M. Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables
  • Little Women
  • Of Mice and Men
  • Anne of Green Gables (Classic Starts)
  • Heidi
  • William Golding, Lord of the flies Penguin Study Notes
  • Jane Eyre
  • Fantastic Mr Fox
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Classic Starts Series)
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: A Play
  • Emily Brontë: Wuthering Heights: Critical Studies
  • Dracula and Other Horror Classics
  • The Witches: Plays for Children
  • Beowulf and the Fight at Finnsburgh (College)
See top shelves…
Elwyn Brooks White was a leading American essayist, author, humorist, poet and literary stylist and author of such beloved children's classics as Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, and The Trumpet of the Swan. He graduated from Cornell University in 1921 and, five or six years later, joined the staff of The New Yorker magazine. He authored over seventeen books of prose and poetry and was elected to t ...more