Start by marking “Home (Magic Thief, #4)” as Want to Read:
Home (Magic Thief, #4)

Home

(Magic Thief #4)

The fourth book in the acclaimed Magic Thief series finds Conn back where he started—accused of being a thief. Filled with magic and wonder, The Magic Thief: Home transports readers to a land where a wizard’s apprentice must battle both his enemies and his past to protect the world he knows.

Despite successfully securing a balance between the competing magics of Wellmet, Co
Published September 16th 2014 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Home, please sign up.
Cindy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Annie
Oct 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
OKAY, RAISE 'EM HANDS UP IF YOU'RE EQUALLY AS EXCITED AS I AM FOR THIS BOOK. (Just imagine I have a GIF for a little cute girl in pig tails, enthusiastically thrusting her hand in the air and her eyes bugging out, then wrapping her pretty little small hands around her neck in a mock-strangle as she rocks around in her chair.)

Not to sound like an absolute, utter bi-atch, but it has been year and I AM SO EXCITED. Imagine me as a fat kid. This story is my cake. And my parents have sent me to "Work
Elevetha
FINALLY!!!!!!

.......................

I'd been waiting for this book for what felt like several lifetimes, but in actuality was only 5 years. Still, to a 12-year old bemoaning that Conn wasn't "Conn" and screeching about another book to a 17-year old staying up to finish this book when she should have been writing school assignments is pretty impressive.

It having been 5 years since I read the third book, (view spoiler)
Kathy Martin
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In HOME, Conn is back in Wellmet and has a number of problems. He is a very powerful wizard but, being only about twelve years old and not very tolerant of what he sees as stupidity, most of the other wizards really, really dislike him.

His best friend Rowan is, at sixteen, the new Duchess of Wellmet and his cousin Embre is the Underlord who runs the Twilight part of the city. Rowan wants to "reward" Conn for his efforts to save and protect Wellmet by making him the Ducal Magister. Conn doesn't
Ivonne Rovira
The Magic Thief: Home proves yet another children’s book that’s simply wasted on children! Middle-grade readers can’t understand the

I’ll be honest: After The Magic Thief: Found, I couldn’t see where author Sarah Prineas could possibly take the story of a thieving gutterboy turned prescient wizard. That just shows my lack of imagination — and faith in a superior writer. I should have known better!

Lady Rowan, now the Duchess of Wellmet, elevates Connwaer — much to his distress — to Ducal Magister
Pop Bop
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Hail, Hail The Gang's All Here

When I pick up the fourth volume of a trilogy, (this series supposedly wrapped up with the third volume in 2010), I think of a performer waiting nervously in the wings after his act is done, waiting to see if the audience's applause is enthusiastic enough to justify an encore. With this series the audience was very enthusiastic and there was much disappointment that the Magic Thief trilogy had concluded. Well, Book 4 has finally been launched, and it was worth the w
Brandy Painter
Originally posted here at Random Musings of a Bibliophile.

For fans of the Magic Thief series by Sarah Prineas, the latest installment, The Magic Thief: Home, is a much anticipated and highly welcome addition. It also has the potential to draw in new fans as a new chapter in Conn's life and the city of Wellmet begins. Whether readers are old fans or newly experiencing the magic for the first time, every reader of this book is in for a fantastically twisty tale of magic, mayhem, discovery, and int
katayoun Masoodi
Feb 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
just simply most, most lovely! all books should be this good!
Greeny Onie
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dragons everywhere
Rebecca
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sorry to see this series come to a close. I really enjoyed the adventures of Conn, gutterboy turned wizard and protector of his city.
Karissa
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This is the fourth book in the Magic Thief series. This has been a wonderful middle grade fantasy series that is great for all ages. This book was just as wonderful as the previous books in the series. My whole family enjoyed it a lot.

My whole family listened to this together on audiobook on a road trip back from Yellowstone. This whole series has been incredibly well done on audiobook. The narrator does Conn’s voice spot on and is excellent at all the other character voices as well. I highly re
Elizabeth
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
My favorite part of Home didn’t actually take place in the book, but in the little notes at the end. Conn’s treatise on dragons and then his notes to Rowan about the menu had me cracking up. Conn is such a fun protagonist and the notes in the back and the ones scattered throughout the book really do a lot to enhance his personality even more (and those of the characters he interacts with).

I also love Nevery and Conn’s relationship and its development over the four books. By the time you get to t
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
I thought that this series was going to be a trilogy, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw there was a new book out. (Funny how that works. If it's meant to be a trilogy and it was only so-so, I feel annoyed if a new book comes out. If I liked it, though, I'm cool with it.)

Anyway -

The first half of the book annoyed me because after everything Conn had done, everyone was still treating him like a criminal or a child. I mean, Rowan goes and names him Ducal Magister, but then doesn't want to l
Denae Christine
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic-fantasy, dragons
Reader thoughts: So fun! This had rising danger from friends and foes alike as Conn is threatened, beaten, and arrested. While more people trust him than before, now Conn has to learn to trust others and learn to ask for help when he can't do it alone. And, boy, he can't solve this one by himself!
We have the two magics, Wellmet and Arhionvar, fighting with each other. We also have unrest in Twilight and Sunrise both. We have locus magicalicii going missing. We have people trying to put Conn in a
Janice Guo
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Magic Thief: Home
by Sarah Prineas

Magic is a living being-- it fights, it settles, and it can be harmed. After taking in the magic of a different city, the magic in Connwaer's hometown is in a mess, trying to figure out where they belong. Through this, the spells cast through a wizards' locus magicalius, the gateway to magic so to speak, are going haywire. On top of that, now these locus stones have started disappearing, leading to a plan much more sinister than first conceived. Now, it is up
K
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This book was really awesome. In some book series, some books are really good and other ones are crap. But so far through out this series, the books are all similarly well written and captivating (if not more so than the last).

Conn (ex gutter-boy/thief/wizard) is given the unwanted job of being a Magister of Wellmet. However, Conn and his dragon Pip soon find themselves in trouble (again) and are accused of stealing other Magister's locus stones. Conn, after not much consideration, decides to j

Skip
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
12-year old wizard Conn is appointed Ducal Magister by his best friend Rowan, the Duchess of Wellmet, angering older wizards, especially given Conn's humble roots as a street urchin and thief. Meanwhile, someone is stealing the locus stones of the other wizards and most believe that Conn is responsible. Conn flees the safety of the palace to clear his name and find the guilty party; however, just as he starts making progress, masquerading as a chimney sweep, he is captured and imprisoned. His ne ...more
Dawn
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
This fourth book in Sarah Prineas' Magic Thief series is fun and satisfying. I didn't expect her to write a fourth book, since it's been a few years since the first three. I thought it was a trilogy and that she'd moved on to other projects. But I'm glad she did choose to return to the Magic Thief world. I enjoyed this story quite a bit. The chimney swifts were a fun, dickensian addition. Also the twist with the magisters' locus stones is interesting. I wonder if she'll write more or she really ...more
Anastasia Alén
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, owned-books
It's been many years since I read 'The Magic Thief' and now I have finally finished reading this series. Prineas' way of writing is wonderful, it's funny and exciting and her books always leave me with happy emotions. You couldn't ask more from a book.
Maybeline Tay
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The last book of the series. A good ending to a good series. I am having difficulty saying goodbye to this series.
Darin
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very nice story, I feel like it was all brought together nicely
Bamb Anchisa
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh lordy, how long have I been waiting for this book? I can't remember but the instant it landed in my hands, I fell on it like hungry Conn faced with Benet's biscuits and gobbled it up in one sitting, staying up until five in the morning.

(And I love it so much I made a Quizup Topic for the series!>>> http://quizup.com/topics/_2f980e2a-0b...)

I really can't put it down! I'll say it right here that this installment is even better than the first three books! The action starts quite earlie
Amalie Simper
When I started this book I thought, man, the end of the third book was a great end to a trilogy. It didn't need more story. Then I looked up the publication date of this book and realized it was many years after the trilogy was written...almost like a need to come back and write a new book to finish the story the way the author wanted, not us leaving it to our imagination. It certainly didn't fall short as far as a good plot, great interaction to the characters, and an excellent ending where Con ...more
Ashley Lambert-Maberly
Here's a bias of mine: when characters are offered something wonderful (a great job, nice digs, diamond necklace, free cruise, etc.) and turn it down, because they're simple folk who would rather wallow in the mud with their honest realness. Drives me bonkers. It seems a huge slap in the face to actual poor people who would likely embrace such a deal with open arms, from an author who is probably not homeless and has a good, working bathroom.

So Connwaer irritates me off-the-bat when, true-to-for
K.M. Carroll
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series when I first found it at the library. I was overjoyed to see another installment had been published.

After the catastrophic events of book 3, Wellmet has two magics running it, and they don't get along so well. Plus, Conn has to clear his name when someone starts stealing locus stones. The magisters think it's him, but it's not, of course. Conn goes undercover on the streets of the Twilight to get the scoop.

All the conflicts introduced in book 3 are carried forward. The dragon
Rachel Meyer
I finally made it to the end of this series, which I really should have finished sooner since I devour these books. It was fun and sweet and a great ending.

It was nice to see Conn confront his past a lot in this book, although it felt like less happened in it than some of the others. The plot was a bit simple, to be honest. But I still enjoyed it, especially the interactions between the characters. I love how Sarah could make you notice things about the characters without ever saying so, like Ke
D.B.
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My daughter is in love with this series and asked me to copy/paste her Amazon review to Goodreads:

This book is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! From the start of the series to the end every character, symbol, and place has been thought out and planed so well! Conn, Nevery, Benet, and all the rest have not failed to charm me, and scare me at the same time! Hats off to Sarah Prineas for an amazing book! Many more successes to come!

Sarah Prineas has a loyal fan who will continue to devour her books in less than
Farseer
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the fourth and final book in the series, and the quality and style is the same, so if you liked the precious ones you'll like this one about as much. They are quick reads, and I found the concept and the characters likable, but they never grew beyond that and remained kind of superficial. Their intended audience will probably enjoy them, but I wouldn't really recommend it for adult readers.
Erica Locke
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At first, I was going to give this a four out give stars, because I thought a character I love died. Luckily, I was wrong. So, I gave it a five out of five. I absolutely loved everything about this series and I am so glad I read it. I can't really talking about the series without giving spoilers away. So, I'm just going to say that you need to read this series.
Teresa Osgood
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'd thought that Found was a good conclusion to the Magic Thief series, so I was surprised to see a fourth book on the library shelf. This one is even more satisfying, as Conn battles an old enemy, stabilizes the magic situation in the city, and finally figures out who he should be and where he belongs.
Diana
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A few continuity items tugged at me but another great Magic Thief book! And the conclusion. I’m sad that I can’t dive right into another one. I grew so attached to the characters and the city. But that’s a good thing. :) Now I can dig into Sarah’s other books.
Can anyone remember...? 3 12 Sep 19, 2015 05:02AM

• Jinx's Fire (Jinx #3)
  • Archie Greene and the Magician’s Secret
  • The Forgotten Secret
  • The Lost Kingdom
  • RuneWarriors (RuneWarriors, #1)
  • One Wish (Thirteen Treasures, #0.5)
  • The Drowned Vault (Ashtown Burials, #2)
  • The Coming of the Dragon
  • Henry Cicada's Extraordinary Elktonium Escapade
  • The Shadow Hunt
  • The Fire King (The Invisible Order, #2)
  • The Third Door (The Three Doors Trilogy, #3)
  • Fork-Tongue Charmers (The Luck Uglies, #2)
  • Fall of Heroes (The Cloak Society, #3)
  • Of Witches and Wind (The Ever Afters #2)
  • The Goblin's Puzzle: The Adventures of a Boy With No Name and Two Girls Called Alice
  • The Castle Behind Thorns
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
Author of the Magic Thief series, the Winterling trilogy, and others.

My website: www.sarah-prineas.com

Check out the book website, http://www.magicthief.com

Magic Thief (4 books)
  • The Magic Thief (Magic Thief, #1)
  • Lost (Magic Thief, #2)
  • Found (Magic Thief, #3)