Start by marking “Vexing Voss (Coletti Warlords, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vexing Voss (Coletti Warlords, #3)

Vexing Voss

(Coletti Warlords #3)

For Voss, a Coletti Warlord, conquering the universe is a piece of cake. After all, he's a master of psychic seduction; no one can resist him when he sets his mind to it.

Zoey Jones is determined to find her mother's killer. Surrendering to a fierce Coletti warrior is the last thing on her mind. When Voss is determined to make Zoey his mate, she unleashes her own brand of w
Published September 24th 2013 by Loose Id (first published September 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Vexing Voss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vexing Voss

Cindy
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, keepers
Gail Koger - Vexing Voss - Coletti Warlords #3

How do I love this book let me count the ways…

First, the title. I have a thing about titles, so many of them feel like they were computer-generated. Push three buttons and then bingo! it generates your title. Or marketing picks the title, riffing off whatever the latest bestseller is. (Think of all the 50 shades of fill in the blank you’ve run into.) I like titles that actually tie into the story. Ones that months or years down the way when I think o
Tammy Ramey
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
sometimes when you read a lot of paranormal romance it can seem like there is nothing more out there that you have not already seen. i can honestly say that Gail koger is that something new. this is the third book that i have read from this author and in her Colletti Warrior series,which i adore. i loved this book, with the difference between the military trained Warrior hero and the somewhat criminally minded but law abididing/gun toting trouble magnet that is the heroine, you could not help bu ...more
Sandra
Vexing Voss is #3 in the Coletti Warlords series, and the first published by Loose ID. This book still has the over-the-top great action, humour and oddball alien characters as the previous two books, just with added smoothness due to better editing.

Our heroine is Zoey Jones, cousin of Kaylee Jones from book #1 Just My Luck and the hero is Voss, the Overlord's Battle Commander. Zarek the Overlord is the hero of book #2 The Warlord's Comeuppance and pops in occasionally to spice things up.

There
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Snarky heroine and chest-beating alpha male mixed with flesh eating aliens up your alley? How about a tentacle penis that can rock your world? Where have I been that I've missed Ms Koger's books? This is the first book I've read of hers and I'm completely hooked. VEXING VOSS is the third in her Coletti Warlords series. After reading this book, I am going to have to buy the first two and read them. This book is on my must read list.

Zoey Jones is a hardcore investigative reporter who happens to p
Jane Doe
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First, I love this series, you can read this as a standalone,but it really adds to the story to know more of the history of the characters, war and the worlds etc..

This series just continues to get better and better. The characters are strong, smart and funny! These stories are all well written, with an interesting world, beings and interactions. The humor is fabulous. Plus, the couples are HOT.

If you love sci-fi romance with just the perfect amount of hotness, humor and strange beings. This i
Samantha K
What a ride! All the trademarks of a truly great sci-fi romance are here...hot alpha male - check! Strong, alpha heroine with an attitude - check! Very interesting sci-fi story - check! Throw in some very funny, original, laugh out loud situations that the heroine gets herself into and we have a book that is awesome!
Angela
Loved it! I could not put this one down. Zoey is a kick ass, spunky chick with a mouth on her that won't stop. Voss is one scary, oh so yummy guy who surprisingly is not easily ruffled.

The story is fast paced with tons of predicaments and all the suspense you could want, mixed in with some sexy stuff. This sci-fi was enough to make my little reading heart dance about with joy.

Enjoyed this ride very much, thanks!!
Sophia
I was tipped off about a really good Sci-Fi Romance by a fellow reader from Good Reads who shares my interests and yeah, baby am I glad I heeded her recommendation. I've never had so much fun with a Sci-Fi Romance in my life. It had all these crazy wonderful elements going for it and I ended all hopped up on those happy endorphins that laughter, sizzling passion, awesome characters and world building can give you.

Cautionary note: This is not for those high-minded folk who take their Sci-Fi too
Tiffany
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
Zoey's commander father is looking to get ahead. He wants to use her abilities to become ruling Commander. Zoey is a powerful psychic. She can control minds& kill with just a thought- a great asset in battle-only Zoey refuses to fall into line. Voss is the Overlord Commander- one of the most powerful Coletti warriors. He penetrates Zoey's mind shields and claims her for his own, but Zoey is having none of that.

Zoey is one of greatest heroines I've ever read. Smart,resourceful, and naughty.
Maria
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Luckily I stumbled onto this gem of a book during a search of Amazon. I absolutely love this book. I've already re-read it and will be reading anything I can find by this author. I would say that fans of Gini Koch, Shelly Laurenston/GA Aiken, S E Smith and Suzanne Wright will love her work. I've added this title to the following Goodreads lists: Humorous Paranormal Books and Best ADULT Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance. If you loved it as much as me please vote for Vexing Voss on these lists. ...more
Shizua Oliver
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What do I think? I love this book, I could not put it down. Non stop action, Best Alpha Female character ever(!) and gotta love 'em side characters of family, new best buds and villains (how many ways can the heroine kill the villain? Gail covered most of them)

This is a read over and over again (5 and counting), stay up to 3am, when going through story withdrawals; pull this out - book! You will never get tired of reading this.

Vexing Voss was my first Gail Koger book, so you know I am "jonesing
Despina
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Action, romance, sexy growly alpha males, kick-ass psychic h, what's not to love. Vexing Voss is a keeper if your like me and you love a good sci-fi romance, this is one of those you are happy you bought. I found myself smiling as I read this book (I love when that happens) I love it when a book like this one has a great story, (alternate worlds but you don't need a dictionary to keep it all straight)and the H and h don't get lost in the world building instead, they are the story. I can't wait t ...more
Aubrey
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gail - love the continuation of this series. You take your readers on a roller coaster ride which is full of twist and turns. The scenes are dynamic and full of action. This is an intense and passionate read that will keep you turning page after page, you just have to know what Zoey will do next in her campaign to get Voss to drop his pursuit. If you are looking to laugh out loud then this is a book you should try.

Rose Wynters
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was actually hooked on this book the moment I set eyes on the rock hard abs of the model on this cover! The prologue on the preview of the book reeled me in, this book was such an exciting read. Vexing Voss has a strong heroine that isn't going to take any crap, a total alpha hero, and a wild science fiction plot that left me wanting to get my hands on the next book, yesterday! And the skunk perfume had me laughing my you know what off!
Shanalyn
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book had lots of action from the very beginning. I loved how spunky Zoey is. Her skunk perfume is the best! Voss is a totally hot alpha male, love him! This is a must read! Can't wait for more!
Nietra
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was so much fun! A smart ass kick-butt heroine and constant action with sexy possessive alien alphas, what more could you ask for. Snark aplenty. Loved it. Must read the other two books.
 Rosebud
Zoey Jones has successfully avoided being kidnapped by the Coletti aliens who have promised to protect Earth from the Tai-Kok in exchange for brides. Most of her psychic relatives have already been taken and forced to marry the warriors to help repopulate their dwindling population but not Zoey. Nope. She's used every trick up her sleeve to stay under the radar. Until now.

Voss, Zarek's second in command, has been hunting an Earther female who he feels would make a suitable mate. She's been able
Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire
I ADORE Gail Koger and anything she writes. This author has an amazing sense of humor and character. Such hilarious antics but the books don't get overwhelmed by the silly or the weird things that happen - we are in outer space and on abandoned or scary planets here people! She has this wonderfully creative way of taking all the creepy/disgusting and fun parts and mixing them so instead of going "ICK" and tossing the book you are laughing and loving this poor couple as they grapple their way thr ...more
Elizabeth
Re-visiting the Jones and their Coletti Warlords, the magic's still there.

Four years ago, Kaylee Jones left earth, met her Coletti warlord and the universe hasn’t been the same. By the end of Just My Luck, it looked like Voss might have a Jones family member in his future. Unfortunately, for various reasons, Voss had to wait awhile for his story. Now the wait is over!

Zoey Jones may not be as much of a trouble magnet as her cousin Kaylee but it’s close. She uses a lot of ingenuity to try to stay
Cyn Silvane
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alright, I was looking for a new book and Vexing Voss caught my eye. Paying $6.99 (it's down to $5.79 on amazon) for an ebook by an author unknown (to me) is pretty unheard of for me but I downloaded the sample and was hooked. The heroine was snarky and kicka**, take no prisoners. The hero a sexy determined alpha with some unusual skills (psychic seduction). It was a fast paced, action packed space romp with steamy sex scenes, great fight scenes, and was literally full of laugh out loud moments. ...more
JJH--Judy
4 1/2--5 stars. What a fun and entertaining read! Definitely not the typical "sappy" romance. Probably one of my all time favorite heroines-- she's strong, sarcastic, caring and witty. It's a story full of no-mess alpha males--including the hero-- who rarely show their softer side, but when they do, it's quite tender. Lots of action--I mean LOTS. Very funny at times. Romance is not "in your face", but very spicy. The only reason I did not give it a solid 5 stars was because I felt the plot moved ...more
Ashley Gibson
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rated-reviewed, owned
I loved this story and I hope to read more of this series in the future! I loved the chemistry between Voss and Zoey! I also loved how she stood up for herself! I totally recommend this book!

Voss is the Coletti Battle Commander, however it will take all of his battle acumen, patience, and much much more to handle Zoey Jones. Zoey is a Siren - a human with psychic powers - who is to be mated to Voss who choose her as his own. Voss has been tracking Zoey for four years which is in itself a feat. N
Hayzbaw
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it, loved it...

I have been hanging out for this book for ages and I wasn't disappointed. It is fantastic; it is action packed and has great characters.

Gail’s books are always very fast moving going from one action packed scene to another. In this book I found Gail had really refined her writing skills and it was better than ever. The scenes flowed that much more effortlessly into each other. Don’t get me wrong her previous books are fantastic; but from a reader perspective this
Mystipul
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was just Absolutely Awesome. Lots and Lots of action and blowing up things and big hunky males that just can't seem to figure out what to do with us human women! Its been a while since I had a book that had my laughing all night long as I was reading it. I loved how Voss slowly learns he can't tame his little while she devil, but if he's smart he can work with her to achieve the same goals. She'll match him in wits and courage and maybe just a few more things with her insane ability to ...more
Nancy
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I've waited ages for another installment in this series and after reading it I'm now hanging for another :)
Smart mouthed kick-ass women and big growly alpha males, that's what the Coletti Warlords series is made from.
Amusing and violent at the same time. There is more fighting and tumbling from one disaster to another than hot sex in this book. I would have liked Voss and Zoey to maybe get some quiet quality time with each other but that never really happened. She spent most of the time being sa
R *is for Relentless*
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alien, sci-fi
Fun,smutty SciFi. Alien capture story Mars needs Women so to speak. A return to the Coletti Warlords. These guys put the A in Alpha male. Non stop fun and action- of several varieties either martial or sexual :) Introduced to a whole host of alien species. Enjoyed the hero and his mate. Like strong women who don't just roll over. She's tough and saves Voss a time or two. Didnt put it down until it was finished. My only complaint is that things seemed to wrap up to quickly. Fun read and would rec ...more
Treena
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I stumbled on this book after seeing it recommended in a PNR thread. It's the first book I've read by this author and though I didn't read books 1 & 2 in the series, I was still able to follow the story.

I really enjoyed the action, humor, and world-setting --- I am a fan of Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Gallactica, and the like --- so I had a ton of fun imagining all the different alien races mentioned in the book. This was a nice change for me from the usual vampire PNR book.
Monica
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The 3rd book in the Coletti Warrior series, Vexing Voss has non-stop action and crazy characters that keeps you giggling. My favorite in the series is The Warlord's Comeuppance. If you enjoy zany comedic sci- fi romances, give Gail Koger books a try.
E.G. Manetti
Once upon a time in a future earth, good aliens rescue us from bad, people-eating, aliens. Of course, there is a catch. The good aliens get their pick of earth's psychic females whether or not said females are thrilled about the idea. Zoey is not thrilled, but Vox is determined. Which he needs to be because Zoey is very good at blowing things up. Classic to the trope, macho alien male gets an education from a feisty female. Some of the narrative themes get a bit repetitive and there's a villain ...more
Marcia
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Zoey Jones has one goal and that is to find her mother’s killer. Her one supporter who has stood by her even while she was hunted as a possible mate to Earth alien allies the Coletti. The Coletti are alien warlords who are assisting Earth in their battle against Aliens who want to eat them (apparently we are delicious).

Voss a Coletti warlord knows Zoey is his mate regardless of the disguises she wears to hide from him. A Coletti’s number one goal is to protect their mate, even if said mate does
  • Hers To Cherish (Verdantia, #3)
  • Belle Starr
  • Choosing Riley (Sarafin Warriors, #1)
  • Invasion Earth (Delroi Connection, #1)
  • Rage (Galactic Cage Fighters, #1)
  • Alien Refuge (Clans of Kalquor, #7)
  • At One's Pleasure (Keeping Her, #2.5)
  • Mercenary Abduction (Alien Abduction, #4)
  • Broken (Planet Alpha, #2)
  • Conquest Earth; Prince Galen
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • The Lobos' HeartSong (The Soul-Linked Saga , #2 )
  • Taunting Krell (Cyborg Seduction, #7)
  • In Service
  • Victoria's Challenge (Imperial, #2)
  • Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits (Claimings, #3)
  • Bonded to the Alien Lord (Warriors of the Lathar, #1C)
  • Prime Selection (The Prime Chronicles #2)
I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for thirty-one years and to keep insanity at bay, I took up writing. Not to worry. The insanity isn’t catching – much. Other than the addiction to chocolate and the twitch in my left eye, I’m good. My current project is SASSING SAUL. A LOL romp.

Coletti Warlords (9 books)
  • Just My Luck (Coletti Warlords, #1)
  • The Warlord's Comeuppance (Coletti Warlords, #2)
  • Reality Bites (Coletti Warlords, #4)
  • Just Desserts (Coletti Warlords, #5)
  • Wulf and the Bounty Hunter (Coletti Warlords, #6)
  • Game on Askole (Coletti Warlords, #7)
  • Crossing Quinn (Coletti Warlords, #8)
  • Hothar's Folly (Coletti Warlords, #9)