Start by marking “Resisting Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed, #2)” as Want to Read:
Resisting Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed, #2)

Resisting Ryann

(Bad Boy Reformed #2)

USA Today bestselling author Alyssa Rae Taylor amplifies the angst-filled love story that started in Raising Ryann.

What happens when the person you love becomes threatened by your very existence? How far will you go to keep them safe?

Luke Ryann will do anything to protect the woman he loves, even if it means shattering her heart. When the mystery of his past comes back to
Published May 26th 2014

Jordan
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When is the release date of this book. The last one left with a major cliff hanger x I hope it's out before 2014 x
Alyssa Taylor
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, must-reads
NO WAY! DAMN! UGH....do not leave it Like that! I want my HEA!!!!

Well, Luke Ryann is back, and he is more fabulous that ever...

I mean, not completely in the world of happy sunshine, but he is back in my literary world. Last heard from him with his mysterious Kiss goodbye to Reese...breaking her and my heart! But all in the name of true love right? What a doozie of a cliffy with that little bomb drop at the end!

So life is trying to move on for Reese all while Luke is immersed in total darkness an
Stephanie
Update: I have just reread raising ryann and now resisting ryann. I am not sure what to say I am so disappointed that this is another cliffhanger...but worse than the first book. I couldn't figure out how Reese dad, Andrew, for into the picture. Ugghhh...major heart break! I really loved the book but I don't know kind of getting tired of the series style writing. I say that now only because when I read a stand alone I get pissed because I want more. There is just no making me happy : ( oh well. ...more
Auhmanduh
Aug 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Given that book one has a cliff hanger; waiting for this book before I start book one!
Desirae (Dee)
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm trying to write a review based on this book and not my deep hatred for cliff hangers. I liked the first book of this series, no scrap that, I LOVED it. So I had high expectations for this book. I don't know that I can narrow it down but I didn't connect with it as much as I did book one. I liked where the story line went. I liked that Luke was still valuing his virtue as much as he did and wouldn't just use her and leave. And I love that he couldn't stay away while doing what he was going. I ...more
Heather andrews
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Alright I know this is a trilogy but why does every book have to end in a cliffhanger? Don't authors know it really does kill the readers, well alright not ALL readers just me. Luke I missed that boy horribly, "my chest rises and falls as his open mouth presses against my ear. "I think about being inside you," he says huskily." I just love how cute Reese was wanting to take care of her man, "don't you dare," I tell him. He raises his brows, and I point to his d***. "I want to take care of you," ...more
✿kawehi.reviews
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

☆I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!!☆

”Sometimes … love just isn’t enough.”

The sequel to Raising Ryann,
Alyssa Rae Taylor does not disappoint readers as more angst, drama, and an ending to keep you hanging keep you on your hands and toes are added to the mix of things.

Taking place just as where book one left off, answering what happens after the big cliffhanger. From there, let's just say that our lovers have a lot to hash out as of course secrets plague the way to the
Reckless Readers
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
****author gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review****

LOVED IT!!!!! I've been waiting for this book. I needed like I need air to breathe. Alyssa you did an amazing job. The story had me hooked and read the whole book in one day. I was on a roller coaster ride of emotions. And you did it again a cliffhanger. Please Hurry up with book three. I'll be bugging you.

Book 1 left us with a cliffhanger wondering what's next for Reese and Luke. Let's just say my heart ached for her. I don't wanna g
~Dawn~TUG
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Arc received from author in exchange for an honest opinion and blog tour**

Killing me softly, but I am a patient woman...WAIT...that's a lie, but I can wait for my HEA, I get one right? AAAAHHHHHH..loved it.. Resisting Ryann Review
Denita Kee
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER ALERT BEWARE!!!!!!! I'm warning you this has spoilers!!!! Omg! Did that really just end like that? I've been waiting on this book for months. The last cliff hanger just about killed me. But this cliff hanger is ten times worse. Oh my goodness Alyssa you are killing me!!!! Ok now to the book. I am so in love with Luke Ryann. That boy loves Reese so much he's willing to risk his life to protect her. He goes back to working for his father. He's working undercover to bring him down. The whol ...more
Christina
Jean
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mallory
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
First things first, if you haven’t already read Raising Ryann, the first book in the Bad Boy Reformed series, you need to. This is a trilogy, and if you haven’t read the first book this review and this book will make no sense to you. I also recommend reading the first one again, if it’s been a while. I made the mistake of jumping right back in, and I was a little lost at first.

photo wait-what_zps7f32dee5.gif

Moving on…
There are two things I avoid at all costs when it comes to my choice in books: Love Triangles and Cliffhanger
Victoria Ashley
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED Resisting Ryann. I fell in love with Luke back in Raising Ryann and I have to say my love for him only grew. I seriously cannot get enough of this guy and his story. Not only is he strong and protective, but he is sweet and has a bit of a soft side.

"It's not about letting you in, Reese." He pauses. "You're already here."

"When I want something I fight for it." He tucks the hair behind my ear. "And what I want is you."

photo b52c7b23-d120-4636-95f4-8a2b1a1d09d7_zps2e58b57b.jpg

This book hooked from the very beginning and I had a hard ti
Susanfan1906
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Whoa is all I can say honestly. This book had my stomach in knots the whole time! Alyssa never disappoints! I knew it was going to be a roller coaster ride for my emotions and it was a good thing I was equipped with chocolate to help me cope. As much as I bitch and moan, I really did enjoy the hell out of every minute of the ride. It chewed me up, spit me out, and left me wanting more.

Luke continues to smoke up the pages with his sizzling sexiness and heart of gold. Alyssa did a great job of mak
Three Chicks
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Lisa Kane

This second installment did not disappoint. After finding out that Luke lied to her about where he went when he left her, Reese thinks she needs to move on from him. He sent a Dear John letter telling her they both needed to move on. In spite of this, his best friend Logan tells he that he will explain everything when he returns. But returns from where?

In the meantime, Sean, her neighbor has been showering her with attention and begging her to go out with him. Reese starts to
Chantel Cervantes
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
****author gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review****

Bridger Bitches
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, harper
I can guarantee you that when you get to then end of this book you will be cussing out your kindle!!! The author gave us one hell of a cliffhanger. What a tease, she is!!! She will leave you wanting more. But I guess that just means she is doing her job by being an awesome author :) I loved the first book in the series and it just left me wanting to know what was going to happen to Luke and Reese. Lies suck but sometimes you have to lie to protect those you love. But you can’t expect people to w ...more
Camryn Marie
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-re-read
As the sequel to Raising Ryann, I knew I was going to love it, and Alyssa Rae Taylor did not disappoint. However, I am now in serious anticipation for the third and final book! The ending was both AMAZING and torture at the same time. Resisting Ryann gave me what I was looking for without even knowing it. The same great characters, with the same great plot I loved, but with some twists and turns I hadn't been expecting. (Which, in my opinion, is always a nice treat. I hate predictability.) Luke ...more
Hms
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
No idea why the story took this turn. So many other plausible ways the evil dad angle could have played out. The whole drug cartel angle is thin at best. No law enforcement agency would put an inexperienced civilian in the middle of an ongoing investigation/sting op just because he's trying to protect his girl.

Reese is probably the worst heroine I've read in a long time. Her goal is to get pissed off, go to sleep, cry or slap someone. Blek.
Jenny
Whatever happened to people actually taking a minute to hear each other out before jumping to conclusions???

I mean, really, Reese is working my last nerve at this point....

Also, I feel like the premise of the series, Bad Boy Reformed, is really not quite clear to me yet. Hopefully, things change in the next book...for my sake and sanity.
Bernadette
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can't wait 6-9 months for this book. you need to release it sooner!
Sarah's Book Blog
Dec 20, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr
CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS!! WAS LEFT WITH A CLIFFHANGER AND THE WAIT HAS BEEN HORRIBLE
Patty
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: so-boring, series
The first book was unimpressive but once you start something, I believe you should finish it, so there I was ready to read another book that was boring.

On the first book you get to see two or three scenes where Reese is with Luke when they are kids. Nothing deep, nothing love worthy. Yes, he saved her from being raped but I don't think that equals love. Gratitude? Definitely. Love? Not so much.
For an unknown reason Luke leaves Reese towards the end of the first book, and here they spend the who
Elizabeth
What just happened!

I honestly only bought this second book because I was way too curious. At the beginning we already established what Luke was up to so there was no hidden surprise there. But what I do not understand within a few months of him being gone Reese can just pick up and start dating being friends with hanging out with whatever you want to call it with another man. Considering in the first book she was always apprehensive about men all of a sudden she's okay to hang out with them.
The
Heather
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Luke has a past, one that he doesn’t want to include Reese in. So when his past comes back and stirs up trouble for him, he will stop at nothing to keep Reese away from it. He will protect her once again, even if it means breaking her heart. All that matter to Luke is that Reese is safe. He will risk his own life to ensure Reese's safety.

"She means everything to me. She's my light in the darkness. That woman will be the death of me; I guarantee it." ~ Luke Ryann

How far would you go to protect th
Shannon
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Luke Ryann!!

That should be enough to review on.

This books was good. I found Raising Ryann in the free section on Amazon last year, a few people were like "no" and some thought it was good. I thought it was great!
************SPOILERS****************
Luke and Reese in Resisting Ryann are apart. We learned in book one that his dad was part of the mob and into selling drugs. We also learned that Luke had his father as well as himself locked up. His dad went to prison and Luke went to juvie. This boo
T.
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.... .5 taken off because of another cliffhanger. I'm dying to know what happens!

Book 2 picks up where book 1 left off, with Luke gone and Reese trying to move forward with her life. Reese starts hanging out with Sean a neighbor that Logan and Luke both don't like, but he's there for her when no one else is. He's her friend and he doesn't cross any boundaries.

As Reese tries to move forward with her life, including meeting up with her father once a week, she has no idea what Luke is doin
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Delayed Offsides (Crossing the Line, #2)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Fighting to Stand (Disastrous, #2.5)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Painless (The Story of Samantha Smith, #3)
  • Fast Forward (Second Chances, #2)
  • Resenting Me (Breakneck, #2.5)
  • The Chaos in Me (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • If Only Once (The Martelli Brothers, #2)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Accept Me (Wrecked, #3)
  • Unbearable (Undescribable, #2)
  • Finding You (Escaping, #2)
  • Fighting Love (Love to the Extreme, #2)
  • Tough Luck (Hard Rock Roots, #3)
  • Compromising (Fraternizing, #2)
  • Out of Time (Out of Line, #2)
USA Today Bestselling author Alyssa Rae Taylor lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband, their three daughters, two English bulldogs and a miniature pig. Her hobbies include reading, writing, watching Sam & Dean Winchester, fight off scary creatures on the WB, Sons of Anarchy and reality television. She enjoys stories that tug at her emotions and include lots of sexual tension. Her dream is ...more

Bad Boy Reformed (3 books)
  • Raising Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed, #1)
  • Breaking Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed, #3)