Start by marking “Halo City (Crossroads Saga, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Halo City (Crossroads Saga, #3.5)

Halo City

(Crossroads Saga #3.5)

When a massive group of angels known as nephilim—half human, half angel—had been found by the Royal Council, they were taken to Halo City. Instead of cleansing the Earth with a flood, which had been done before, the Royal Council created a place just for this group of angels. While they were being taken, one of the Twelve, named Aden, rebelled and convinced many alkins to ...more
Published September 12th 2013 by World Castle Publishing (first published August 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Halo City, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Halo City

Stacey Kym
ARC kindly provided by Mary Ting in exchange for an honest review.

Review

‘Halo City’ is a novella which chronologically takes place before the events of book one, 'Crossroads', and in publication order takes place after book three, 'Beyond'. It follows Michael as he makes his first appearance at Halo City, Crossroads and it was a really enjoyable insight into his past and personality.
I loved the flow of the story. It seemed gentle and just plain happy. There were some really humorous mom

Janie
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Halo City Novella helps understand Michael a better. We get to see how he becomes the leader of the alkins and how he and Davin, Vivian & Caleb become friends. We also get to see through Michaels point of view when he first saw Claudia and fell for her. I personally love Davin, his jokes, his playfulness, & mischievous ways. I like how this Novella translates into the first book in the series. Well done Mary Ting.
Jacquie Talento
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy from the author for an honest review.
This is Michael’s story about how he was once a fallen and given a second chance in Hallo City to redeem himself. This also tells of when he encounters Claudia and his friendships with Alexa Rose, Vivian, Caleb and Davin and how Aden had betrayed him.
Sandra "Jeanz"
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
INITIAL THOUGHTS
This novella is answering the questions about what happened to turn Michael from a "fallen" to what he was when he met Claudia.

MY REVIEW
This novella is actually meant to be read after book three and before book four.Though I actually chose to read it after I had finished book four. I felt this novella answered the questions about how Michael turned his back on the fallen and came to be in Halo City when Claudia began visiting it in her dreams.
The book also tells of Michael being
Lynn Worton
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is a novella that I really loved!

Michael is an Alkin/Nephilim (half angel, half human), who had joined Aden when he rebelled against the council.

This novella is the back story to Michael and how he arrives at Halo City. This shows his struggle to fit in with the other Alkins, and how his friendship with them began. This story also shows Michael's point of view of the beginning of Crossroads, where he first meets
Jessica Carroll (Novel Words by Jessica)
Halo City by Mary Ting is a novella told by Michael's POV. Albeit short, it really delves into Michael's personality and character as a man and not just his responsibilities as an angel & leader. The novella tells the story of his feelings shortly after his arrival in Halo City and after the great battle as one of the Fallen. It really shows his vulnerability and uneasiness with what is happening and his changing feelings in regards to who he thought was his family. I love that the author ch ...more
Vanessa
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Halo City was the perfect novella to follow the Crossroads Saga Series. I loved being able to relive aspects of Crossroads through Michael's eyes. Seeing how he struggled to adjust from being a fallen to discovering he was a descendant of one of the "twelve."

I enjoyed reading how the bond was formed between Michael and Davin. You just knew they were destined to be close friends.
The best of it of course was when he finally sees Claudia as a grown woman and you could feel it was love at first sig
Myndi
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great addition to the Crossroads Saga. We get to see how Michael ended up where and how he is. We get to see his friendship with the other alkins, especially Davin form. We get to hear from Alexa Rose about how Michael saved her. And most importantly we get to watch him observing Claudia over the years until the day they speak for the first time. I'm also a HUGE fan of getting to hear parts of the story from another POV and love hearing Michael's thoughts about things that up until no ...more
Elliot
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Great companion book to the Crossroads books
The novella Halo City gives a great look into who Michael the Angel is and how he came to be the great leader of The Alkins. It also brings light to the friendship that grows between Michael and Davin, Caleb and Vivian who ultimately become a family. We will see through Michael's eyes the first time he see' s Claudia and feels the growing attachment toward her while he watches over her as she continues her visits to Crossroads in her dreams.
<3 &
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Mary Ting Author
I received an e-ARC copy of this book in return for an honest review. This is an incredible of Michael. I am so glad to have gotten to know him a little bit better. I also loved Devon and his spunky personality.It's a great story that will touch your soul and keep you reading from beginning to end. A recommended must read for all YA genre to enjoy. Thank you, Mary Ting, for this phenomenal story!! I give this story 10*s.
Nanci
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great idea to give us some of Michael's story!! As I always say, there is no such thing as too much Michael!!! God, I love this character so much!! I really loved seeing things through his eyes. Just like with the other Crossroads book, I am immediately transported there and it's like a reunion with old friends, I miss them as soon as I'm done reading about them. Loved this story, just wished it was a little longer. Lol
Tasha
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An awesome prequel to the Crossroads series. Mary Ting started the story when Michael wakes up in Halo City where his journey to Claudia started. I loved reading how the friendship between Davin and Michael started. Anything with more Davin is a plus to me. :) I loved reading this novella. I just wish it was longer. ;)
Tammy Hall
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Halo City is the icing on the cake! It just pulls the rest of the series into perspective and sheds a little more light on Micheal to maybe help us understand him a little bit more. I loved this series and there is nothing more I can say other than go grab this entire series it will make you laugh , cry, cheer and even mourn a little but in the end it is so totally worth it!
Jassicca
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, angels
This short story had helped me understand more about Michael's character and how he came to be in Alkins team. He wasn't all saint, and we could read it from the moment he was taken to Halo City to heal his injury after the war with Aden. His attitude towards David, Vivian and Caleb when he first met them, the struggle to fit in, and his point of view when he first saw Claudia in Crossroads. Though we have already read some of it mentioned in the first book, it was still refreshing.
Annemarie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-english
This angel guy was kind of creepy? Kissing an unconscious girl twice? I did really like Davin and his relationschip with the main character, though overall I felt like everyone's personalities were a bit all over the place and that was a bit confusing to me.
Katie Harder-schauer
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was hired to provide post publication proofreading for this book. The only aspects of the story that I had any influence on were the spelling and grammar. If you feel that my connection to the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be it, but this is my honest review.

This story is basically Michael's version of the events that take place in Crossroads. The focus of the story is more on Michael's life in Halo City during that time, rather than just focusing on his interactions with Claudia, so
Lora Nowak
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lora by: Mary Ting (the author)
I read the "Crossroads" series a few years ago and was moved by the authors reason to actually begin "Crossroads" I was at a huge crossroad in my own life and this series saved me in many ways. I recently read the entire series again and fell in love with the character's all over again. I think I got even more meaning out of reading the series the second time around. This is not a typical type of angelic paranormal series, to me at least. There wasn't a moment where I read something and thought ...more
Grim Lolita
Jan 29, 2015 rated it liked it
From the reviews I read of this prequel, people said it helped them to understand the next book (Crossroads) better, so I decided to read this book first. I thought it was intriguing as there is so much of Michael's story that is unknown and it made me look forward to reading Crossroads. Short but sweet with enough mystery added in to appreciate this prequel.
Jennifer Treviño
Perfect addition to this series! Especially since Michael is one of my favorite characters!
I loved getting to hear about Michael's earlier years! Whether you've read the Crossroads series or you just love stories about angels you are sure to enjoy this read. Mary Ting brings magic to ever page! Enjoy!!
Elvira Natour Porter
This novella was short but simply marvelous.

I loved how Mary allowed us to see how the story began through Michael's eyes. Through all it's struggles, mistakes, bad and good choices, new chances and deep unlikely friendships, his character becomes more real and lifelike than ever.
Misty
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this whole saga it is wonderfully written and it makes you feel like you are there I got lost in all of these.
Susan
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the guys point of view and this book didn't disappoint.
Amanda
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, i-own, mary-ting
This was a nice addition to the series. Claudia and Michael first meet and speak with each other told from Michael's point of view. Plus some of his forgotten past. Great story!
Melissa
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love reading about the " before it began" stuff. I wished I was longer though.
Jennifer McCrary
Insightful

I really enjoyed getting the hero's perspective. Michael is a fascinating character. So much emotion wrapped up in a sexy, angelic package
Linda S
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael's journey

I liked how we find out out how the character Michael fits into the story. It's never too late to change.
Danni
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
While I am enjoying the series, I found this nearly pointless. It was 40 pages and mostly repeated the opening of the first book. I felt like I wasted my time along with my $0.99.
Jerrilynn Carter
Amazing

Halo city is a great way to learn about the characters . I love the crossroads saga it is an amazing read that you can't put down. Love love love this series
Luz Maria Valle
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Prequel to the Crossroads, Halo City

Gave it a five star rating. Great story to what happened before the series started. Give you an idea how it all started.
Teresa Jonsson
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I cannot believe how quickly the book pulls you in. When Michael first got there til now is a huge step. Cannot wait to see how he is as a guardian angel

• The Only One (End of Days, #3)
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Origins and Impulse (The Arcadia Falls Chronicles #7)
  • Guarding Eden: A Midway Novel Book One (Hidden Wings)
  • Ascension (Gryphon #4)
  • When Night Falls (Regeneration, #1)
  • Finding Our Way
  • Soul Deep
  • Guardian (The Fallen Chronicles #1)
  • Resonant (The Vampires of Vegas, #0.5)
  • Wolf Dream (Wolf, #2)
  • Surfacing the Rim (Piercing the Fold, #2)
  • Jack (Leech, #2)
  • Retaliation (Bonfire Chronicles #3)
  • Blood Tree: Part Two
  • Initiation (Chronicles of the Uprising #0.5)
  • Meritorium (Meritropolis, #2)
  • Final Life (The Final Life, #1)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryTing
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authormaryt...
Blog: http://TangledTalesOfTing.com/Blog
Twitter @MaryTing https://twitter.com/MaryTing

Mary Ting resides in Southern California with her husband and two children. She enjoys oil painting and making jewelry. Writing her first novel, Crossroads Saga, happened by chance. It was a way to grieve the death

Crossroads Saga (5 books)
  • Crossroads (Crossroads Saga, #1)
  • Between (Crossroads Saga, #2)
  • Beyond (Crossroads Saga, #3)
  • Eternity (Crossroads Saga, #4)