Start by marking “When Buyers Say No: Essential Strategies for Keeping a Sale Moving Forward” as Want to Read:
When Buyers Say No: Essential Strategies for Keeping a Sale Moving Forward

When Buyers Say No: Essential Strategies for Keeping a Sale Moving Forward

This is a complete and practical guide which highlights the authors' new strategic approaches to selling when the buyer initially declines or is resistant on a sales opportunity. Hopkins and Katt explain that most sales reps take a traditional linear approach to selling, but that the trick in closing is in taking a more creative and circular approach. That's the key.

It all
Published April 1st 2014 by Business Plus (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about When Buyers Say No, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Buyers Say No

Heather
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Don't let the title of this book turn you off. Knowing that this book is a sales book and knowing that the title is 'When Buyers Say No' at first glance it may seem like "one of those" books that tries to manipulate people. But if you truly understand sales you know that sales is nothing more than serving people's needs and helping people to solve problems. This is why so much of sales is really about being a consultant more than anything. This is the sort of thing you will find in this book.

I l
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I originally read this book when I found myself moving into more of a sales role at work. I don't have previous experience in the field, so I was looking for resources. I found this book to be very helpful. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to improve their sales record. This book offers practical and specific advice how to successfully negotiate and close sales. I have started following the advice in this book and have already noticed a remarkable shift in my sales approach.

I don
Bryon Brandt
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Multi-Millionaire Hector LaMarque told me that as he was developing his Primerica Financial Services sales skills,
that he listened to Tom Hopkins 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 3 years.

Since that is my business too, and modelling excellence is a good way to learn,
I'm listening to Hector and/or Tom Hopkins for hours each day too.

So soon I'll be listening to this one again, to fully internalize these good lessons, until they start coming out of my mouth automatically too. All done in a way that
Jeff Hennore
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book! The authors share great insights on being able to close the sale, my favorite being the strategy to pull the sale away. Thanks Hopkins!
Ramiro Bolanos
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is a book with pretty basic selling techniques. If you are looking for something more insightful and powerful, this is not the deal.
Bundy
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The author have a few great points in this book, one of which is we have to guide our clients through the final phase of making a decision.

But what get's left out too is that a lot of great sale does not happen in a single seating which the examples tend to rely upon a bit too often.

Sales is a journey, and a journey which we take together with our clients towards a more predicable, reliable, and profitable future.
Roy
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The best thing about this book:

It emphasizes that sales is a process.

There is no such thing as a "magic closing formula". You, the seller, must continually guide the conversation towards the goal- a satisfied paying customer.

That can be difficult.

This book gives you a mental framework to follow so that you can skillfully steer your way across the finish line; a process you can adopt to keep a sale moving forward and close more deals.

Buyers say no. When they do, you need a plan. Plan ahead. Read