Start by marking “Don't Look Back” as Want to Read:
Don't Look Back

Don't Look Back

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  23,549 Ratings  ·  3,536 Reviews
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all - popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any p
Published April 15th 2014 by Disney-Hyperion (first published April 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Look Back, please sign up.
Katie I have read the lying game book series. (all seven) Those are definitely great books. But this isn't exactly like those… Though somewhat along the…moreI have read the lying game book series. (all seven) Those are definitely great books. But this isn't exactly like those… Though somewhat along the same lines. Still recommend this as a definite book to read. One of my new favorites!(less)
YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,123 voters
The One by Kiera CassIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiA Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia GrayCress by Marissa MeyerCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Best Covers of 2014
1,009 books — 2,761 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola  Reviewer
description

(My reaction when the moment for the revelation came.) Quite an interesting story. I kept reading, despite some flaws and insufficiency of originality here and there, because the plot just sucks you in and doesn’t let go. Jennifer L. Armentrout’s books are addictive, that’s for sure. Any complaint for that? Not now, not ever.

This is the story of Samantha and her trying to find what happened to her best (dead) friend, Cassie. Sam is popular, rich, beautiful and has it all…or so it may seem at fir
Tough Critic Book Reviews
After spending 24 of the last 48 hours in the nursing lab, I thought...

[image error]

Then I discovered there was going to be a new Jennifer L. Armentrout Book...

This is absolutely...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!

Sue -Celebrating Pictures, Images and Photos

And the world makes sense again :-)
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Actual rating: 3.5
“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m not proud of it. Even though you didn’t have that damn necklace on, as far as I knew, you were still with Del. And I’m not big on making out with another guy’s girlfriend."
The apocalypse has arrived, and the signs started with Khanh liking a bad-boy love interest within an Armentrout novel.

I've read a lot of Armentrout books, and I have to say that this was my favorite in her repertoire. It was not amazing, but like all Armentrout works
Candace
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of suspenseful/mysterious YA stories
Recommended to Candace by: Anna M.
Wowzers! I loved this story! This is my first book by this author, but definitely won't be my last. From the very first page, this book had me enthralled. I listened to the Audible version and I didn't want to turn it off. The story was captivating and the narration was superb. This book had my rapt attention right up until the end...and what an ending it was!

When Samantha is found, bruised and battered after being missing for four days, she has no recollection of who she is. Her best friend, Ca
Molly McAdams
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**I was given an early version of this book**

Oh holy straight jacket and a padded room!

I'm...wow. This book will be a huge treat for Jennifer Armentrout fans. I've always loved everything she wrote, and this book was no exception. But I quite literally couldn't put this book down!

So be prepared for that...don't start it when you've just gotten in bed. You won't sleep until it's over.

I wasn't just gripped by the story, I felt like I fell headfirst into Sam's life and was right there through eve
Kassidy
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*4.75*

I could not stop reading this book! I love the romance and the plot twists, the whole thing is captivating. The main character is put in a really interesting situation where she is questioning her sanity and it was intriguing as a reader to experience that with her. However, I think some of the plot points are predictable, and although I like the main character, she could be really naive.
Overall, a super fun and entertaining book and sucked me in!
Aj the Ravenous Reader
More like 3.5 stars but rounded up because I'm feeling generous these days ;)

I knew it! Ha! I’ve suspected him like super early on in the story. Yes I have my other suspects but there was a scene that led me to the final conclusion that it was him and I was right! Sorry FBI, I know you could use my talent in your team but I’m too busy reading books. Lol.

Or perhaps, it was just really easy to predict and that’s probably one of the flaws of the novel - the lack of subtlety. Nevertheless, I reall
may ❀
Honestly, I feel really cheated here bc practically everyone ADORES this book and when I scroll through the reviews im like…why cant I FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT THE BOOK

I think, I think it may be time for maymay to let go of JLA.

So so so so so, let’s break this down.

Pros
- The writing was better than I expected, it held my interest for a time
- The thriller part, what little we got of it, was great. There were moments where it was like 11pm and I kept scanning my room and looking around for scary sh
Christy
 photo ce4b9116-0b90-4a88-b19e-6266a9195bae_zpsf61f1feb.jpg

Samantha and her best friend Cassie have been missing for days. When Sam is found, she doesn’t know her own name. Doesn’t recognize her parents, her brother, her friends, even her boyfriend. She can’t tell anyone what happened or where Cassie is. She has no idea. All personal details of her life are missing. But is it a bad thing?

Lets be honest- Samantha was a bitch. She was a mean girl. All of her friends are mean girls too. Cassie was quite possibly the meanest of them all. This new Sam doesn
Sophie
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
JLA YOU QUEEN

This. Was. So. GOOD.

Like holy mother of goodness. Can I just binge read every other existing JLA book right now??? Because I honestly don't want to read anything else at the moment and I DEFINITELY am not ready to sleep after finishing this!!

I devoured this wonderful book. It was everything I could have wanted and so much more. I loved that this didn't feel like a typical contemporary read, or even a typical mystery. I was impressed by how well this book did as a standalone. It ha
Brandi
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, young-adult
4.25 Stars
Giselle
Jan 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own
With a strong blurb and a cover that's both creepy and pretty, I went into this one with a lot of expectations. It is my favorite genre and an author I've previously enjoyed, after all. I can't say I'm disappointed, exactly, but I'm sad that didn't end up loving this one as much as I was hoping.

Amnesia is a commonly used trope in mystery novels, but I still find myself drawn to them every time. Even though it's been done before, I found the memory loss aspect very well executed. When Samantha r
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"My memories were dangerous, but they were also the key to the truth."

Ok... so I don't think there's a JLA book that I didn't like because this was amazing and thrilling and heart stopping and wow!

Waking up in the middle of nowhere and not knowing who you are, your name, and parents is just about as terrible as it sounds. The plot of this story and flow of everything and how it was pieced together was pretty awesome. The revelation scene was a bit predictable but then again I still couldn't bel
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS

"Don't look back.
You won't like
what you find."

Wow it was amazing!!I really enjoyed it!It hooked me from the first page until the end!!I loved the mystery and suspense!!I couldn't guess who was the killer and honestly when I learn, it was a shock for me!!It's really a great change of pace for the author and I hope that she will write more books like this!!And the fact that the romance was secondary didn't bother me at all!!This is a YA thriller...so be prepared... :))

Two teenage girl
Caitlin
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read, 4-stars
wow. I am honestly speechless. This book was so much better than I expected and I’m just so shook. It was so easy to fly through and I really had no idea who did it up until it was revealed. I am S H O O K
bibliophile (Romance Addict)
5 "Who am I?" stars

photo image_3.jpeg

So, the million dollar question is, did Jennifer ever disappoint me?

And the answer is no. All the books I've read by Jennifer were amazing, and I adored each one of them. This book was no exception. It was amazing. I couldn't even put it down. From the start, till the very last pages, the book kept me entertained. I have to clap for J.L because I was in a reading slump, but honestly I flew through this book.

The story follows Sam, a girl who woke up alone in the forest. She
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
This is such a different type of book than Jennifer L. Armentrout usually writes that I wasn't sure what to expect. I am so glad that I decided to read it, because I enjoyed it so much. I never wanted to put it down. The only negative I have is that I guessed the twist at the end of the story in the beginning of the book. However, I still wondered if I was right throughout the story so it didn't ruin the experience for me. I hope the author decides to write more books like this in the
Anna M.
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Why did it take me this long to read this book? It's Jennifer Armentrout.... How can it not be amazing! Couldn't put it down... It was an intense read, chills, thrills and a few sweet love scenes ;)
Norah Una Sumner

I unexpectedly enjoyed reading this book. It was very interesting, with a quite various spectre of characters and their personal psychology. The writing style was fresh and it's impossible not to be pulled into the scary but yet beautiful vortex that is Sam's life. I loved unraveling the mystery surrounding Sam and getting to know the real Sam better. This is my first Armentrout book and I would like to read more of her contemporary books in the future.
Nazanin
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, young-adult, mystery
4.25 Stars

"Don’t look back. You won’t like what you find."

Samantha was missing for four days and when they found her she couldn’t remember anything, where she was, what’s her name, her parents… She wasn’t the only one missing. her best friend, Cassie, was disappeared with her but they couldn’t find her yet. Apparently, they both were b!tches to every one.

"I was stuck in this life I didn’t remember, squeezed into the shell of this girl-this Samantha Jo Franco-and the more I learned about her, the
Pearl Angeli
We were joined by the secret of that night, a memory I couldn't reach.

When a book has a major twist and you need to put it down to gather yourself because your mind is absolutely blown. Ugh. What an incredible book! Fast-paced, brilliantly well-written, and with an ending that surprises. This book kind of reminded me of Mara Dyer trilogy and CoHo's Never Never but sure thing, they are very different stories but all at the same time, equally astounding.

What I love about this book is that it's
Anja
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.75 SUSPENSEFUL STARS*

“I was stuck in a life I didn't remember, squeezed into the shell of this girl and the more I learned about her, the more I was starting to hate her.”

I truly enjoyed the hell out of this book!
The suspense was killing me and I was unable to put this down for longer than half an hour. I read in some other reviews that they already suspected who did it from the very start, but I didn't see the identity of the killer coming at all!

Review coming soon!
Plamena
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 Stunning Stars!!!!!!

This book became one of my absolutely favourites before I ever finished it! I love Jennifer L. Armentrout because her writing is just perfect! The characters she creates and the stories she writes are always so unique and interesting that once you start reading...you can’t stop.

“Don’t look back” is one of the best stories Jennifer has ever written. It’s really different than her other books but as amazing as all of them. I didn’t know what to expect but she managed to surp
Tea Jovanović
From first to last page well-written YA novel I highly recommend for reading!

Srpsko izdanje ima odličan prevod, pogrešne korice i pogrešan naslov... Naime, primećujem da domaći izdavači u poslednje vreme bez ikakvog opravdanog razloga i bez obzira na žanr romana stavljaju neodgovarajuće sladunjave naslove (koji najčešće nemaju nikakve veze s originalnim) i sladunjave korice (koje opet najčešće nemaju veze s temom knjige) u želji da privuku što masovniju čitalačku publiku a time zapravo odbijaju
Amber Robertson
Don't Look Back is a book that has me SHOOK. I am so overwhelmed still, a few hours after finishing this book. I can't even put in words what I have thought and how I felt while reading this book. So, because I am so completely shocked that I could not guess a thing in this book have a series of gifs that represent me throughout my reading experience:

description

I just honestly can't believe how good this book was for me. To be as basic as possible - I can't even. The gifs are in no particular order either,
Renata
May 07, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stand-alone
Dejé el libro marcado como leído y me olvidé de leer una reseña...bueno a ver el libro me gustó y en las primeras 100 páginas o así fue interesante y no tenía ni idea de lo que podría pasar y tenía ese toque de "misterio" pero me pasó que a partir de cierto punto se volvió muy cliché. Tenemos a la típica película americana de los populares y los ricos y no sé, me alegro mucho que la protagonista cambió pero realmente el final me dejó un poco meh. No sé si lo habéis leído pero no pueden pasar tan ...more
Sophie
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
4.5/5 stars!
the only thing I really want so say right now: OH HOLY DAMN THAT ENDING!!!
Pilar ☽
"Don't look back, you won't like what you find."

Oh, dear. THOSE PLOT-TWISTS! Jennifer did it again.

Finally a book I truly enjoyed! "Don't Look Back" was a huge surprise for me, I honestly thought that I wouldn't enjoy this book as much I have. My book choices these last two month weren't THAT good, and I was seriously giving up. Thanks god I decided to read this one, this author never disappoints.

I was 100% into the story since I started reading it. The mystery was so fun and it kept me on
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Actually more like a 3.5, but a high 3.5. Would have been just a 3 if not for that ending. I did NOT see that coming. MY LANTA.
Gabriela Silva
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
“I was stuck in a life I didn't remember, squeezed into the shell of this girl - this Samantha Joe Franco - and the more I learned about her, the more I was starting to hate her.”

My first Jennifer L. Armentrout book. This was such a satisfying read, but I had some issues. I just can’t deal with the love Sam & Carson. Just no... and I expected so much more from the end. 3.5 stars
  • Out of Control
  • Nearly Gone (Nearly Gone, #1)
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • Fifty First Times
  • Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Truly, Madly, Deadly
  • There's Someone Inside Your House
  • Learning Not to Drown
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Magnolia (Magnolia Branch, #1)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)
  • Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • Forget Me
  • Complicit

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
  • Hate List
    $8.99 $1.99
“Money doesn't buy taste, personality, or common decency.” 81 likes
“I’m not sure I want to go to prom. I’m not sure I want to share you with anyone.” 23 likes