Start by marking “Unraveled (Crewel World, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unraveled (Crewel World, #3)

Unraveled

(Crewel World #3)

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  2,142 Ratings  ·  319 Reviews
Autonomous. Independent. Dangerous. They tried to control her. Now she’ll destroy them.

Things have changed behind the walls of the Coventry and new threats lurk in its twisted corridors. When Adelice returns to Arras, she quickly learns that something rotten has taken hold of the world and Cormac Patton needs her to help him reestablish order. However, peace comes at a ter
Published October 7th 2014 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Unraveled, please sign up.
Jenn Marie will you ever give more information about the ending? Did you leave it ambiguous on purpose?

Sara Cantador
May 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
2/5
La elección final me ha parecido un final bastante decepcionante para una trilogía distópica que pintaba muy bien al principio, y de la que se hubiera podido sacar mucho partido. Un final mal elaborado, la confusión y la sensación de que la autora estaba ansiosa por acabar como fuera la historia, me han acompañado en toda la lectura y no me han permitido disfrutar de ella. Es una pena, porque podrían haber sido tres libros maravillosos, y se han convertido en un lastre en mis estanterías.

Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
This is a difficult book to categorise, evaluate and give a star rating. It's truly a mix, which is probably why my feelings about it are so mixed.

The story picks up right where the second book (Altered) left us. From there, things really slow down. There is virtually no action until about the last 25% and key characters are absent. It's a lot of political maneuvering while Adelice and Cormac continually face off. I wasn't so bored I wanted to put the book down, but when I did have to put it dow
Alexandra
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Me siento engañada y decepcionada. El primer libro prometía muchísimo, pero todo fue de mal en peor.
Este libro es relativamente corto, menos de 300 páginas y siento que la primera mitad no tiene mas que relleno, no ocurre absolutamente nada. La protagonista supuestamente tiene habilidades nuevas que piensa usar para salvar a todos, pero a la hora de la verdad no hace nada.
Y el final? Lo deteste demasiado. Es un final triste, pero acabó tan repentinamente que no me dio tiempo a asimilarlo. Adem
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this but the ending left me slightly confused :/
Karen’s Library
Gennifer Albin's writing is absolutely incredible and the story and world building was probably the most creative and unique I've ever read!! But... Still trying to process the ending.
Anna Luce
Nov 15, 2013 marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: used-to-own
15/11/2013

Aparajitabasu
Original Link to the review at my blog Le' Grande Codex - here

Unraveled as a whole felt disappointing. 'Crewel' was the cream of the crop, 'Altered' almost following at the heels but 'Unraveled' left a bitter after taste. Unraveled was supposed to be the big showdown, the big action-packed finale but somehow the whole experience felt anti-climatic and lackluster. Starts where Altered ended and man does it crawl at the slowest of speed imaginable.

Thing is Altered promised us a lot but Unrav
En realidad es un 4.5
Elsa
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Esta saga tiene todo:

Un mundo cerca a un final apocalíptico, una protagonista que tiene que usar hermosos vestidos, un rombo amoroso...con unos hermanos y la cereza del pastel son los zombies...que diga remanentes.

Jenelle
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Oh Gennifer! Why did you do this to me??!!!!

I absolutely love her writing style and I think her imagination is something to definitely be applauded. She is a fantastic story writer and this final tale in the trilogy sucked me in right from the beginning... I read it all in one night, couldn't put it down!

But the ending. Oh, the ending.... SPOILER ALERT.... How could you have killed Erik?! Seriously! But not only did you kill him, you gave him a blah death. No details, no description of his hero
Vir
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La elección final es un cierre más que satisfactorio para una trilogía que, a mi parecer, ha ido de menos a más con cada libro que pasaba. Me encantó este original mundo que creó Gennifer Albin y ha sido todo un placer ir leyendo la historia de Adelice. Una historia llena de acción, sorpresas, intriga, amor y alguna que otra despedida dolorosa. Sin duda, muy recomendable.

Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 11/24/15: Actual rating, probably 3.5 - 3.75 stars but I don't quite feel right giving it 4 on Goodreads because there were some major issues for me.
Firstly... again, this was my fault for waiting so long between books BUT I do still believe a good book can stand on its own regardless of what has come before it. I do remember the feel of the first two and I was sorely lacking the banter and sarcasm for a good portion of the book which was something I really loved. There was
Veronica
Dec 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
The first book within this series, Crewel, was beautifully written, had well developed characters, and was overall a great read. The second book went somewhat downhill, but was still somewhat decent. Unravelled had no redeeming ending, was filled only with a useless love triangle and the protagonist uselessly sitting in the hands of the enemy trying to "help the society from the inside" while in fact does nothing and eventually has to be rescued. The ending is one of the words to have ever read, ...more
Colleen Houck
I really love the idea that people can be literally reduced down to threads which can be tugged out of the body. Eric and Jost getting to know each other again was nice to see. Like how this series was all wrapped up ;)
Cris Lightwood
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4'5. No podría haber tenido un final más perfecto que ese ¿eh? De verdad que no <3
These Violent Delights (Robin)
So proud of myself that I finished this trilogy! I so often read the first book in a series and then set the rest of the series aside.

So, I will admit that the ending confused me a bit but I do have a theory of where the author was going with the last few paragraphs.

Okay, so I'll admit that after the whole Hunger Games & Divergent hype went away, I wasn't inclined to read really any of my dystopian/ post-apocalyptic books anymore. Which really sucked because I own so many of them. But, aft
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
A copy of the audiobook version of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I loved Crewel but I have to admit that my interest in this series has seriously waned as it's progressed. I'd actually liken my enjoyment of this trilogy to that of the Divergent trilogy: where the first book was kind of epic in its uniqueness, the sequel was still pretty good, but the final installment just l
Tabea Vanessa
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was absolutely fantastic!! I don’t know how this isn’t talked about more.
I highly recommend this series if you are looking for a smart dystopian YA series with a twist. I am so happy I accidentally found it!
Anamta
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my favourite book of the trilogy, for lots of different reasons. The main character starts taking initiative (FINALLY), all the different parts of the series connect, and the scale gets way larger. The writing in this book was better, too; more profound, better descriptions, and more natural dialogue.
Amanda
Aug 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Ok, first things first, I started this book series because the first book, Crewel, was on a list of CLEAN YA books. Let me just say, this book is NOT clean. All right, now that I've got that out of the way, let's get to the real review. I'm going to cover the whole series in this review, because I'm sure as heck not going to write three separate reviews. (So just warning you, this is going to be a really long review, 'cuz I have a lot to say about this series.)

The first book, Crewel, started out
Julian Gonzalez

Does this not sound like some seriously pissed off chick is about to go HAM on somebody? I mean I'm thinking she's gonna go off like a psycho ex-girlfriend. Well, that's not what happened.

Unraveled, the final novel in the Crewel World trilogy, was...disappointing. Let me tell you why:

-The book lacked much action.
-After she chose brother #2 over brother #1 in Altered, which I thought was an unnecessary love tri
Christina
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it
I really loved the creativity of the first novel, and the second novel was a spectacular follow up! I find most middle novels to be slow and just a lead up to the third, unfortunately I think this series peaked with the second book. I enjoyed the third book, but didn't love it as much as the second. it was a little slow for a finale, lacking a solid climax. and I felt adelice took a step too far back into passivity. I assumed she would develop from the quiet, bullied girl in novel one, to the st ...more
Gizella Caicedo
No, no. no. nooo!! este no puede ser el final de la trilogía! noooooo! Esta historia merecía un final épico! y fue un final insulso y demasiado abierto, que carajos paso! me siento muy triste :( esta distopía de verdad me encantaba y el personaje de Adelice prometía mucho y en este tercer libro prácticamente no hizo nada, y Erick! waaaaa en serio estoy muy triste!
Karen
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Well, I loved books one and two but this one lost some of it's magic. Certain events at the ending almost had me throwing the book. Good story but I felt like it was rushed and not as developed as the first two.
One Soul
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
sinceramente odie este libro. Empezó lento, demasiados momentos absurdos y un pésimo final para dos libros que habían salido bastante bien.

Una buena historia hechada a perder con ese final que te deja sin ganas de más.
Shelley
Feb 10, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-release
Expected publication: October 7th 2014 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Stephanie
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I thought Unraveled was a solid end to the Crewel trilogy.

It seems like the open ending caused a little heartburn for some readers, but I loved it. While an actual explanation as to what happened with Jost and Erik would have been nice, knowing would have ruined the effect of the ending (view spoiler).

My major gripe is w
SR
I wish I'd been able to like this trilogy. Adelice is a great perspective character for the most part, and the main plot is a great SF thriller, but...

The romance is phoned in, the relationship angst too synthetic, the pacing uneven, the tone inconsistent. The villain reinforces the demonization of people with substance addiction. The dialogue is weird. The same phrases are used over and over and OVER.

And I haven't even started on the science.

My assumption is that the author read about string th
Monserrat Maxfield Markov
description

Que bueno que no gaste mi dinero en este libro. El peor de los tres, los hubiera dejado en dos libros, porque la mayor parte de las páginas fueron relleno, y en las últimas se aventó el "desarrollo amoroso" de Adelice y Erick todo pedorro, el desenlace del Plan todo feo, muertes a lo pendejo, y un final que no entendí.
The ending *SPOILER DISCUSSION* 13 168 Jun 06, 2016 11:01AM
  • Starbreak (Starglass, #2)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)
  • Emergent (Annex, #2)
  • Gasp (Visions, #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • Regret (Possession, #1.5)
  • Earth Flight (Earth Girl, #3)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • The Worlds We Make (Fallen World, #3)
  • Push (The Game, #2)
  • False Future (False Memory, #3)
  • The Fiercest Joy (The Sweetest Dark #3)
  • Twelve (The MORE Trilogy, #3)
  • Echo in Time (Erasing Time, #2)
  • The Mephisto Mark (The Mephisto Covenant #3)
  • Baygirl
  • The Secret Sky
****Guess what?! I am writing YA again! Check out Gennifer Albin writing as Geneva Lee and my new series GILT: By Invitation Only coming May 31!****

***HEADS UP REVIEWERS: I don't respond to review requests sent through Goodreads because I don't get on here frequently enough. However, it's super easy to fill out the review request form. I can't guarantee it will get you a copy, but it will get your

Crewel World (3 books)
  • Crewel (Crewel World, #1)
  • Altered (Crewel World, #2)
“How do you swallow the truth after a diet of lies?” 3 likes
“The space between fear and anticipation is a waking nightmare of recrimination and doubt. I'm perpetually trapped in the knowledge of my own inferiority.” 2 likes