Start by marking “The Paleo Primer: A Jump-Start Guide to Losing Body Fat and Living Primally” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Paleo Primer: A Ju...

Keris Marsden

The Paleo Primer: A Jump-Start Guide to Losing Body Fat and Living Primally

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  202 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
How amazing would it be if eating great tasting food helped you to lose fat, boost your energy levels and made you look awesome?! Thanks toPaleo Primer, this is now possible and-more to the point-sustainable.Paleo Primeris a great resource to help readers get quickly acquainted with the principles of Primal/paleo/evolutionary health living and eating. The first half of the ...more
Published September 1st 2013 by Primal Nutrition

To ask other readers questions about The Paleo Primer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Paleo Primer

Alison Golden
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paleo
And when I opened this book, I did something I don’t normally do. I went straight into the kitchen to cook. That is quite something.

I made and cleaned up three recipes (I made a dozen scotch eggs!) in a couple of hours, quite possibly a personal record. If you’re like me, a straight-forward, simple minded cook, you will like this book.

It is small and light. It is not a dumb bell masquerading as a cookbook, nor will your bookstand topple over mid-recipe when your hands are full of sticky goo. You
Alison Golden
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paleo

Quicksilver Quill
Nice introduction to the paleo eating principles. While The Paleo Primer book does not go into extreme depth and detail, it does provide a great summary of the basics and is more than adequate to gain a firm footing on what to eat and what to avoid if you want to pursue a paleo kind of diet.

The book is packed with useful recipes many of which I have tried with great success. Their Dark Chocolate Almond Cake is a decadent treat, and a great way to enjoy dessert without excess sugar, grains, or ve
Victoria
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 50-books-in-2015
This was a fantastic no-nonsense beginner's guide to the paleo lifestyle. I enjoyed the way they explained the science behind paleo as well as how it affects our bodies in layman's terms. This included lots of great recipes to get you started and I think I'm going to be buying my own copy to keep around the house as I borrowed this one from the library.
Mary
Feb 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, cooking
Eh. This ended up not being my thing at all. I was hoping to find some inspiration to pass along to my mom (she's supposed to be on a high-protein, low-carb diet), but this eating plan mostly relies on foods she's allergic to or doesn't like.
Charity
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My daughter is allergic to wheat and my husband wanted to eat paleo so we got this book. It's wonderful! Simple to read...and then so much fun to cook! I usually hate cooking but my little ones and I have been busy enjoying these recipes :)
stephanie
MEH. there are better reads, but this is still good for people to get a good idea of how to dive into paleo.
Kiandokht
My team and I have translated this book to our language (persian)
Doris709
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Simple recipes. I loved how you can make "spaghetti" made from veggies. Will try that next!
Collette
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a great help in starting my paleo journey. It's easy to read and the recipes are inventive. :)
Mary Drayer
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great resource to help YOU get quickly acquainted with the principles of health living and eating. Tons of recipes that are REALLY easy!
Emily Crow
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice recipes.
Emma Kalmbach
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read and has straight forward explanations for adapting to a paleo diet. Lots of quick and easy to cook recipes in second half of book.
Erin Gerst
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
amazing! must read!
Karen
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food, health
One of the best paleo books out there
John Purfield
rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Beyond Bacon: Paleo Recipes that Respect the Whole Hog
  • Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go: The Solution to Gluten-Free Eating All Day Long with Delicious, Easy and Portable Primal Meals
  • Everyday Paleo Around the World: Italian Cuisine: Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-Free
  • Danielle Walker's Against All Grain: Thankful, 20 Thanksgiving Gluten-free and Paleo Recipes
  • Happy Gut
  • The Heal Your Gut Cookbook: Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Intestinal Health Using the Gaps Diet
  • Joyous Health: Eat and Live Well Without Dieting
  • The Paleo Manifesto: Ancient Wisdom for Lifelong Health
  • The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body
  • The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2: Over 150 brand new great-tasting recipes that keep you lean!
  • Fermented: A Four Season Approach to Paleo Probiotic Foods
  • The Paleo Diet for Athletes: A Nutritional Formula for Peak Athletic Performance
  • Essential Ayurveda: What It Is and What It Can Do for You
  • Teeny's Tour of Pie: Mastering the Art of Pie in 67 Recipes
  • Surprise-Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion--with a Little Something Extra Inside
  • The Science of Mindfulness: A Research-Based Path to Well-Being
  • The Plant-Powered Diet: The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health, Beginning Today
  • Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health & Happiness (Sustainable Agriculture)