Start by marking “The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India” as Want to Read:
The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India

The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India

The Dance of the Peacock, focused as it is on poetry in English by Indians and diasporic Indians, is also a celebration of diversity. This anthology is a brave attempt to capture something of the Indian English global poetry scene at this moment in time. It does not pretend to be a comprehensive collection; rather it is a genuine and rewarding sampler for the reader who wo ...more
Published May 1st 2013 by Hidden Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dance of the Peacock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dance of the Peacock

Start your review of The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India
Iqra Tasmiae
Sep 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
FS Meurinne
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
I read this anthology and found it quite good, as it has a great read, I'm not usually fond of reading poetry myself but when I read it I found myself marveling in how many different tastes you can find in one book.

There are one hundred and fifty poets that makes this book a good example for every taste you have. I find it also quite interesting as the poets are from different countries: UK, USA, and Canada.

Excerpt

Classic by Mani Rao

If everything is impermanent why do you want it
I don't want a
Caren
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From the moment you open this collection you can see how wonderful the title, The Dance of the Peacock, fits this beautiful poetry collection. Just as a peacock’s feathers blend with all different colors, each of the 151 poets included in this anthology brings something diverse and exciting to the collection. As Editor Dr. Vivekanand Jha writes in the introduction, “the collection represents some of the most leading poets of Indian origin… from 15 years old to 92… from doctors, engineers, film m ...more
Puneet Aggarwal
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Its been an honor to be among the brilliant poets of the nation. enjoyed everyone's work. Its an amazing feeling when you see three of your poems selected for an international anthology.
Arpit Dhingra
Rajashree Anand
Feb 27, 2014
Preeta Chandran
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
An extraordinary anthology of poems by Indian poets across the world! The concept of reaching out to and showcasing the works of Indian poets around the world in itself is commendable. Added to that, the range and kind of poems featured, makes this book a delightful read for any poetry lover.
Krishna