Start by marking “The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge (The Men of Fir Mountain, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge (The Men of Fir Mountain, #1)

The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge

(The Men of Fir Mountain #1)

For fans of Diana Palmer and Linda Lael Miller comes the first in a brand new and emotionally gripping trilogy, The Men of Fir Mountain.

The day Evie met Benjamin Rolfe, a man with an unbridled enthusiasm for life and grandiose plans to match, she knew they’d marry and live happily ever after…

Five years later, her charming rancher is now a bitter, cynical stranger with a
Published August 15th 2013 by HarperImpulse

To ask other readers questions about The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge

Start your review of The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge (The Men of Fir Mountain, #1)
Fiona Marsden
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars - I was keen to read this story as I love a marriage in trouble romance so long as there is no infidelity. I was also interested because it was an Oregon trail story and I remembered reading children's books as a child about that part of American History

The Outlaw of Cedar Creek reminded me a little of those stories as a big part of the journey Ben and Evie make takes place while they make the journey from Idaho to Oregon. We come into the marriage when it is literally at breaking
Aileen Harkwood
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent debut for this author. Unlike many first time novelists who struggle to find their voice, Connelly writes with confident, heartfelt style, even if heroine Evie is a bit of a nervous wreck (and rightly so, given the circumstances).

The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge surprised me with a wonderful twist early in the book after a serious injury alters the hero, Ben, dramatically. Much of the book takes place on the Idaho-Oregon trail circa 1891, where Evie struggles with the startling change in her
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com

The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge begins slightly unusually after the hero and heroine have been married for five years. Overcoming a terrible tragedy, their marriage has hit the point of make of break. With them both struggling to overcome their grief in their own way, but in a way that is destroying their relationship. Ben has descended into gambling and drinking, and Evie can no longer tolerate the lies and heartbreak.

As the story begins, as the reader you wonder
Gloria Antypowich
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good read.

It is my personal belief, that while a person may not always “like” the person they are married to, if they still “love” them, a relationship can overcome anything. The spark of true love, will fan into a flame, if given opportunity.
When Evie and Benjamin Rolfe got married five years earlier, they were madly in love. Ben was a man with an unbridled enthusiasm for life and grandiose plans to match. It seemed that their future was certain—a bright path to success and lifelong
Jane Hunt
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge by Lori Connelly

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps

It is the exquisite historical detail, which makes 'The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge' a 5* read. The first line transports me back to nineteenth century frontier America.
Evie the heroine is a young woman forced to leave her home and the life she knows to follow her husband's dreams. She is courageous and loyal to Ben the man she fell in love with even after experiencing painful life changing events. After five years of moving on as each of Ben's dreams turn to dust;
Kari Lemor
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, The Outlaw of Cedar Ridge by Lori Connelly. It wasn't the typical two people meeting, fighting their attraction then falling in love. The main characters had already been in love but had fallen apart through many hardships. Both of them had flaws but the love for each other was always there. They just didn't always know how to trust in it and use it. The writing was easy to read and kept me turning the page when I really needed to go to sleep.

I wish I could see more of
Melinda
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Evie and Bens marriage is on the rocks thanks to his shady ways. The whole town is against Ben since he's cheated or lied to most of the town. When Ben is attacked he loses his short term memory and most of his marriage.

Evie is hesitant to trust anything that comes out of Bens mouth. As they leave the town that wants nothing to do with them they go over what has happened in their marriage in the hopes it will jog his memory. But can it do more? Is it possible to reignite the sparks they once
Wendy Jones
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
A well set story unfolding the journey of a life time. Will she forgive him? Will he forgive himself? How can you recover a relationship all but lost? This delightful read, from the distinctive new voice of romance author, Lori Connelly, will take you there.
Ann
Aug 16, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5
Debbie DiFiore
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Liked this book about amnesia changing the man from a loser to a sweet guy I understood why wife was mad but she got on my nerves at times. The ending was odd and very abrupt. I wanted to know how they turned out. An epilogue would be nice.
BookwormWithGoggles
I really wanted to like this because I thought it had a good plotline and I was interested in the main characters. However the writing put me off. The conversation were very stilted. After several pages of trying to read the hero talking to his wife or the sherif talking to the heroine and having interrupted conversations with a '- ' signalling that the sentence wasn't finished, it did get on my nerves and when the next few pages carried on with interrupted sentences in the same vein, I had to ...more
Lori L Simmons
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abrupt ending

Excellent book. Thrilling twists to the plot but it ended way too abruptly. I'm disappointed the author would end the book this way.
Linda Schlichter
Jan 22, 2015
FL
Feb 12, 2015
Lindsey
rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2019
Dec 11, 2013
Abrar 입랄 (Ab2y)
Jan 08, 2014
Lori Connelly
Jan 20, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dnelson
Feb 05, 2014
Janae L.
Feb 19, 2014
Eve Devon
Feb 26, 2014
Yadira Marte
Mar 19, 2014
I've a tendency to daydream, entertaining myself with the random ideas dancing through my imagination. As far back as I can remember I made up stories, to calm my sister after a nightmare, amuse myself in boring classes, and write in countless notebooks.
I earned a BS from Eastern Oregon State College and married my best friend over twenty years ago. I've three brilliant, handsome sons, a

The Men of Fir Mountain (3 books)
  • The Lawman of Silver Creek (The Men of Fir Mountain, #2)
  • The Lone Cowboy of River Bend (The Men of Fir Mountain #3)