Start by marking “ParaWars: Uprising (ParaWars, #1)” as Want to Read:
ParaWars: Uprising (ParaWars, #1)

ParaWars: Uprising

(ParaWars #1)

The Paranormal Uprising brought myth and legend out of the shadows and into real life. The war that followed tore the world apart. Two years after the Uprising, twenty-year-old Kendry is learning the hard way that the battle lines aren’t as clear-cut as human versus para. And the hard way means being hunted down by both human militants and para separatists. Trouble is, she ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published October 15th 2013 by Self (first published October 9th 2013)

The_Book_Queen

Warning: happy-reader-gushing may be found below!

Wow---what an amazing story! As I started ParaWars: Uprising, I was quickly pulled into the book, following Kendry in this unique world. I fell in love with the world, the writing, and the characters. Especially Axel....(sigh)

I love paranormal romances, but even I can grow weary of the same plot, story, and creatures. Ms. Greer created a new PNR, one filled with creatures that I've never read about before. And I loved it, truly loved it. I was a
Pili
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I was lucky enough to receive an eARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Just by the name of the book you'll probably be guessing that ParaWars: Uprising is part of the urban fantasy/paranormal genre, and you'd be right. I have read quite a bit of UF/paranormal books and although I can't claim to be an expert, I can tell you that ParaWars is a fresh take on the genre.

You would also be wondering what paranormal creatures are the ones we can find in here? Well, all! All? Yep, think of a
Sharrice
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Original review posted on Reese's Reviews

I received a copy of Parawars for an honest review.

Kendry’s world is filled my almost every supernatural being known and not known to man and for a long time they stayed hidden. When the paranormals finally came out to the humans a war began and has continued to wage on. When the war comes to Kendry’s town and takes her mother with humans and paras alike Kendry and her best and only friend Axel team up with who’s left to save them. What starts as a rescue
Ashley
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, arc
ParaWars: Uprising was an action packed book. Every fantasy creature you can imagine is in this book. From minotaurs to werewolves to gargoyles to gods to fae…I could go on a very long time listing them are all in this book. Caitlin Greer has created a seamless book that merges fantasy, science fiction, and new adult together.

Kendry world changed two years ago when the Para came out of hiding and announced to the world that they exist, and soon after the world crumbled. Para and human militia ar
Jessa Russo
I have now read two books by Caitlin Greer--ParaWars: UPRISING and EYRE HOUSE--and I can say without doubt that I'm a HUGE fan of Caitlin's writing. Her voice is strong and well-formed, and I'm a forever fan. I highly suggest grabbing a copy of every book she writes. She can't fail.

Now, what can I say about ParaWars: UPRISING . . . first of all, MORE. I need more Axel like yesterday! Please hurry up with Book 2, Cait, and if you need a beta reader, I'll humbly volunteer. In other words, GIMME!
Melissa
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really liked this book. Enough so that I stayed up late to try to finish it, because I couldn't put the story down. With the para world and human world at war, it made for an interesting story. Greer was able to make a believable urban fantasy that included so many types of paranormals, including gargoyles. She has a refreshing take on supernaturals, one that makes this reader ready for the next in the series.
The dialogue is readily believable, though I did wonder if some of the parano
Summer
Oct 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, first-reads
**I won a copy of this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
(I won this book through Goodreads, but I'm not entirely clear if I received a final version or an ARC. The winners were announced in October, but I received the book a few months after its publication date.)

3.5 stars.

I really enjoyed the story. It was easy to read and enjoyable - I would classify it under "brain candy" on my shelf. It contained an interesting love-story component between a human and a gargoyle, which is a ni
Tamara Mataya
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Greer tweaks NA and makes it unique. Eyre House had a Male MC, now she's delved into the paranormal in ParaWars.

I LOVE paranormal/ urban fantasy/ fantasy. OKay, I pretty much love all genres, but my favourite category (New Adult) is expanding into other genres WAY too slowly for my taste.

Not only is this book fresh and different, it's WELL-WRITTEN and interesting! Fast pacing, some familiar creatures, and some I haven't hung around with much in books before.

There were romantic ele
Amalia Dillin
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology, romantic
I read an early version of this book and it was phenomenal! The way Greer approaches the paranormal is fantastic, and I LOVE Axel.

This book is kind of Disney's Gargoyles meets the Iron Druid Chronicles -- all the gods are real, and all the monsters with them, struggling to reclaim a space for themselves in the modern world. Kendry's role in this conflict is unclear to her, and she's been pulled in a lot of directions while she figures out what path she wants to take. But she definitely isn't le
Tammy Farrell
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, na
Good luck putting this book down!

This book is so unique! The cover grabbed me right away, at least that's why I bought it in the first place, but the story hooked me and kept me reading. This novel doesn't just touch on one aspect of the supernatural, this novel encompasses ALL aspects of the supernatural. And the fact that the author was able to make a gargoyle sexy was so surprising! I loved how she created Axel, the sometimes stone, sometimes warm-blooded guardian with the "gravelly" voice. A
Megan Whitmer
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was my first experience with Cait's writing, and I was blown away. It's beautiful and descriptive, and perfectly paced. I loved the plot of this--the action was intense, and the romance was.....ooooh my. Nobody on earth writes sexy like Cait Greer. The woman is a master.
Beth ~~Just One More Chapter I Swear~~
One  Craftyraven
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Evade (Ever, #2)
  • Summer Indiscretions (Summer Love, #2)
  • Out of the Dark (Five, #1)
  • Unwrapped
  • Suddenly Sam (October Trilogy, #3)
  • Ultraviolet Catastrophe
  • Driven (The Warrior, #2)
  • The Winner's Curse: Chapters 1-5
  • Lessons Learned (The Gifted Realm, #2)
  • 18 Things (My So Called Afterlife, #1)
  • Deadgirl
  • Chlorine and Chaos (Flawed Heroes #1)
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Two (One Universe #2)
  • The Charge
  • Sweet Ruin (University of Branton #3)
  • Since You've Been Gone (Welcome to Paradise, #4)
  • Wicked Path (Daath Chronicles, #2)
Cait writes YA and NA stories that range from sci-fi and fantasy (because she loves making worlds and things up), to contemporary (because she kind of sort of fell into it and discovered she’s not half bad). Her best friends growing up were the combined works of Robin McKinley, Madeleine L'Engle, Anne McCaffrey, Andre Norton, and too many others to mention.

She drives a Jeep, loves the outdoors, ta