Start by marking “Undecided: Navigating Life and Learning After High School” as Want to Read:
Undecided: Navigating Life and Learning After High School

Undecided: Navigating Life and Learning After High School

For high school students all over the country, figuring out what to do after graduation is a major question. For many, the logical answer is continuing their education, whether in a training program, a community college, or a four-year university. But no matter what the path, the preparation can be overwhelming, and it's hard to know where to start. That's where Undecided ...more
Published April 8th 2014 by Zest Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Undecided, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undecided

Abby
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
After high school you go to college. That’s how it is...isn’t it? In today’s society the expectation for graduating seniors is college or university. Many seniors are not aware that there options aside from college or university. In Genevieve Morgan's book Undecided: Navigating Life and Learning After High School other options are examined.
Beginning with a self examination this book provides a more in depth understanding of what you want to do and what your dreams are. Undecided: Navigating Li
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
In a society that pushes and pushes its teens to jump from high school to a four-year college or university, this is a book that is sorely needed! A traditional college/university is not necessarily the right choice for every person. For the masses of teens that struggle with “What next?” this book offers a tremendous introduction to the multitude of options that are available after high school. And who knew there were options, right?!?

Starting with a quick look at examination of who you are and
Annalise Gallagher
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was very educational, never pushy, and very helpful for a stressed confused young gal such as myself. It really inspired me to take a gap year to volunteer, travel, earn money, and test out things I may want to do as a career. It gives a great list of organizations you can join and gives just the right amount of information on them. I highly recommend this book to every high schooler.
Anita
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Students who are overwhelmed by the process of transitioning from HS will find this book helpful. The book is packed with lists, suggestions and great advice to make decisions that are best for the individual. I'll be suggesting this one for sure!
Zeena
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Hmm, a good resource and a good first to go to. It lets you know of the many options you have, but other than that, it doesn't specifically help the wandering souls. It helps decipher your personality traits then kinda leaves you on your own to figure it out.
Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland
Undecided is another great resources for post-HS students. In comparison to 77 Things, which gives suggestions on how to round out your college life, Undecided is a bit broader in scope. As the title implies, it's about exploring the different choices available to you after graduating from high school.

I like how this book is divided neatly into differently sections that flow into one another, giving readers a sampling of different paths to take. The first section is about exploring what you love
Cindy Hudson
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If I could hand students in high school one book to help them figure out what they want to do when they graduate, it would be Genevieve Morgan’s Undecided: Navigating Life and Learning After High School.

As a volunteer in the College and Career Center at my daughters’ high school, I spent seven years talking to juniors about what they planned to do. Some of them knew exactly where their paths would take them, others were not so sure. All of them could have benefited from reading Undecided.

Why do
Janet
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Where was this book when I was in high school?

I'm giving this book to my 13-year-old, seventh-grade daughter to read. We've already had discussions about college, and I think she would be relieved to read about the different alternatives. Her father was unable to finish college - working full time and going to school didn't work for him. She know I have a Bachelor's degree, and MBA and additional college certification, but I don't think she knows how I got there.

I was initially confident of my
Kelly Cundiff
Morgan, G. (2014). Undecided: Navigating life and learning after high school. Zest Books.

Reviewed by: Kelly Cundiff

Reference Type: Handbook

Call Number: 378.198

ISBN 13: 978-1-936976-33-1

Content/Scope: This book is recommended for grades 10 and up. It provides information about the different options available to high school graduates and helps students start to plan and prepare for whichever path they may choose.

Accuracy/Authority/Bias: This book is reviewed positively by the School Library Journa
Heidi
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, read-2016, nonfiction
Great book for teens starting to think about post-high school life. There is not a push to steer readers into a four-year college; instead options are explored such as working for governmental agencies including the military, working as an intern, for a company, or starting a business, or taking time off to travel or volunteer. Profiles of people such as comedian Tina Fey, Senator Elizabeth Warren, and cartoonist Bill Watterson give snapshots of differing career paths taken; "Looking Back" pages ...more
Veronica Perry
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Genevieve Morgan did an excellent job on writing her book "Undecided". Her book helps people who are unsure of what they want to do after high school. It includes real life problems like college tuition, college scholarships, and how much real life really costs. I enjoyed the book because it gives you a taste of real life and a dose of reality in the adult world. This book includes charts and stories of some of the most famous people who made there way from nothing to success. "Undecided" is goo ...more
Jessica
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Covers the different options open to people after high school. I like that it explored areas you don't hear about too often, like trades schools, civil service, and gap years. It also gives advice on what to expect if you go for a job right after high school, and what you should and should not expect from an employer. All in all a practical basic guide for anybody who wants to consider there options after high school.
Amy
May 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is five different books (a book on personality type, a book on 4-year colleges, a book on two-year colleges, a book on gap years, and a book on career advice) all rolled into one. Instead of covering each topic well it goes through each one at 1/5 the depth of detail it should. Nothing original here: everything is either another source or cited from another source or pop science.
Zest Books
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"A sympathetic, practical self-help guide for teens facing the end of high school and unable to decide what to do next. . . . A helpful guide full of good, sensible advice to teens feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of major life transitions." - Kirkus Reviews
Jamie
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It would be 5 stars if it had source notes. No source notes is usually a desk breaker for me, so the fact that I gave it 4 stars tells you how good I thought it was!
Jordan Lammert
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
strengthened my determination to go to college and be in rotc
Lynn Joshua
Jan 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Helpful - will recommend to my teens
Mimi
Muhammad Siraj
Jun 05, 2016
Danielle
Jan 05, 2016

• Super Pop!: Pop Culture Top Ten Lists to Help You Win at Trivia, Survive in the Wild, and Make It Through the Holidays
  • First Flight Around the World: The Adventures of the American Fliers Who Won the Race
  • How to be Your Own Selfish Pig: And Other Ways You've Been Brainwashed
  • Freedom Summer: The 1964 Struggle for Civil Rights in Mississippi
  • Daisy to the Rescue: True Stories of Daring Dogs, Paramedic Parrots, and Other Animal Heroes
  • The Teen's Guide to World Domination: Advice on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Awesomeness
  • Hooked: When Addiction Hits Home
  • Recruited
  • Black Gold: The Story of Oil in Our Lives
  • Women of the Frontier: 16 Tales of Trailblazing Homesteaders, Entrepreneurs, and Rabble-Rousers
  • Legends, Icons & Rebels: Music That Changed the World
  • Boyology: A Teen Girl's Crash Course in All Things Boy
  • The Book of Blood: From Legends and Leeches to Vampires and Veins
  • Thrice Told Tales: Three Mice Full of Writing Advice
  • Looks Like Daylight
  • Love & Profanity
  • Earth Hates Me: True Confessions from a Teenage Girl
  • Sex: A Book for Teens: An Uncensored Guide to Your Body, Sex, and Safety
Genevieve (G.A.) Morgan is an author and editor living in Portland. Maine. Her most recent work is the third book in award-winning Five Stones Trilogy, entitled THE KINFOLK (Islandport PressOctober 2016). The first two books are, respectively, THE FOG OF FORGETTING and CHANTARELLE. Other recent works are UNDECIDED: Navigating Life and Learning after High School (Zest Publications/2014). A sequel i ...more