Start by marking “Thirteen Weddings” as Want to Read:
Thirteen Weddings

Thirteen Weddings

THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR
Escape to the summer and feel the warmth of Paige Toon's storytelling

A year ago, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After one amazing night together they parted ways.

Now working on the picture desk for a glossy magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet a new colleague - who turns out
Published May 22nd 2014 by Simon Schuster UK (first published May 8th 2014)

Start your review of Thirteen Weddings
Ramon
May 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
I scrapped my other review! Sorry but I really can't deal with the ending. I haven't stopped thinking about it and it has left a bitter taste in my mouth...
It's funny how you can enjoy 99% of a book up until the last bit when it just turns sour. Some people may have liked both Alex and Lachie but there was one clear winner in my eyes hands down. My expectations were really high with this book and I thought even before I read it that it was going to be my favorite but....not any more. With no cha
Nina
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
This was another quick and very enjoyable read and if you're ever looking for a good chick-lit / romance book, I highly recommend you check out Paige Toon's novels. She's definitely become one of my favorite authors over the last two years and her writing just always manages to put a smile on my face!

So if you decide to give her books a try, make sure you start with "Lucy in the Sky", the first book she's ever published, because she often includes characters from her earlier works in other nove
Chani
May 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Um... sorry, what?!?!?!?!?!?! Bronte needs a bitch slap!
Leona
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
hmmm. Definitely a love triangle, but one that I found myself losing interest in and my respect dramatically dwindling for the Heroine. She kept cheating with an engaged (ultimately married man). She even decides to photograph his wedding and keeps hoping that he will give the OW up before they get to the altar. I couldn't figure out what the other man (Lachie) saw in her because she had the morals of an alley cat.

This was still a good and absorbing read. I just wish it had a more decent and "f
Lolla
Jul 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
1/5 stars

After reading the ending only one thought comes to my mind: horrible .

I mean.... what the bloody hell?!?!

I LOVED Alex. From the first page, he was amazing. I literally fell head-over-heels in love with him. And I adored their story. The chemistry they had was mind-blowing. Good job on that one Paige Toon!

Other things? Not so much.

I really disliked Lachie. Firstly, I hate guys who flirt with everything that moves. Secondly, he and Bronte didn't have any chemistry whatsoever
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jule
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
It definitely wasn't my favorite Paige Toon novel, but still a very good one. I felt a tiny bit bored in between, because of all the weddings Bronte attended. Without wanting to give too much away, I was happy with the ending (even though there IS potential for a sequel).

I loved to hear from Lily & Ben, Alice & Joe and Lucy & Nathan again. Even Johnny Jefferson was mentioned. Somehow they are all connected, which I always loved about Paige Toon's novels.

I can't wait for the next one, even thoug
Jo Bullen
Aug 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Oh what to say? I've read a lot of Paige Toon in the past couple of years: Johnny Be Good, Baby Be Mine, One Perfect Summer Lucy in the Sky and her one of her YA novels The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson. And now I'm really wondering why. I liked One Perfect Summer until half way through when I hated it. JBG and BBM were dreadful. The YA one was actually okay and I think I recall finding LITS to be okay.

But Thirteen Weddings? Oh my God. Firstly, the reasons why people do things in this nove
Salam Almahi

This one is a difficult book to review.
So I'll list what I liked and what I didn't here:

pros:
The story and relationships were realistic. Not cute and perfect but more roughed out.

The writing was easy to access which made it easy to fly through the novel.

The dark history background of the main character added some substance to the story.

cons:
Fat shaming. Ugh the amount of fat-shaming was too much to handle.

A love triangle. I mean come on, did we not have enough of this trope already? And what mad
TARA
Paige seems to deliver the perfect combination of chick lit and romance.
Her writing packs a punch. She tugs on my heart with sizzling chemistry and strong connections. So much so that I feel like I'm experiencing it myself.
I loved it!
I can't say that was the ending I was hoping for however there is a little sequel, so fingers crossed!!
Leah
May 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Paige Toon is hands down one of my favourite Chick Lit authors – she writes warm, witty characters, set in some pretty fantastic destinations, and she has that easy writing style I adore. So it goes without saying that a new Paige Toon book is an exciting thing to behold – especially when it’s Toon’s second novel of 2014 following her young adult debut novel The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson in January. I had such very high hopes for Thirteen Weddings – it has probably one of my favourite ...more
Ana

Also posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Paige Toon is a well known name in chick lit and has an army of fans, a whole ARMY I'm telling you! However, I'm ashamed to admit this is the first one by Paige I've read. Now I know many of you will feel a strong urge to yell at me or even throw a rotten tomato at the screen once you read this, but forgive me guys. I've made a mistake for waiting all this time to read her books, and I promi
Carly
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nooooo! wrong person, not impressed haha.
Tina Manuel
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
2 stars.
Felt no chemistry between Bronte and the one she ended up with what so ever. And didn't really like Bronte.
Book Addict Shaun
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, kindle
Also reviewed on my blog: http://bookaddictshaun.blogspot.co.uk...

I have had Paige Toon's books on my tbr list for the longest time but have never got round to reading any of them. So when I saw her upcoming book on NetGalley I didn't hesitate to request. I will be reading some of her previous books just as soon as my review pile is a bit more manageable! As Paige is a hugely popular and much loved author I had extremely high expectations for this book and I absolutely was not disappointed.

The b
Emma
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read this in one sitting so I definitely enjoyed it! Loved Bronte, such a diverse character! As per usual I was torn in the love triangle but I did have a front runner, I was actually slightly disappointed with who she chose...not a spoiler, just my own opinion! I did find myself skipping a few pages when Bronte was photographing yet another wedding, I was getting a bit bored with the detail! As always with Paige Toon, it was great to catch up with old characters.. This is a perfect summer read!
Hannah
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: photography
This book kept me interested and guessing right till the end. I didn't expect the book to end in this way which pleasantly surprised me.
C
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found myself getting bored with this Paige Toon novel. I felt as if it did drag for the first two thirds of the novel. It felt a bit been there done that, it did not grasp my attention as much despite it’s lovely but bland plot.
It is interesting though, how I can love one book of Toon’s and be completely bored by the next. For a writer her novels can be … a bit all the same.
Bronte, the main character was very naive and selfish, I did not enjoy that she lead characters on. There was no build
Dakota Tarplee
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. It was my second book that I have read by Paige Toon and I much preferred this to "5 years from now." It takes you on an emotional journey with Brontë, showing you just how important love is to your overall happiness. I hoped that Brontë chose the right man in the end and I was beginning to worry that she wasn't going to, but in the end she chose someone that loves her just as she loves him. If you like romance and happy endings, I recommend this book.
Emma
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Paige did it again, she is definitely one of my favorite authors. I love the way she writes her books, they all have such a quick and easy flow and they are so easy to read!

Anyway, you should definitely read this book. But make sure that you read ‘Pictures of Lily’ and ‘One Perfect Summer’ before you read this because you will spoil both of those books!

Kirsty Wareing
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Exactly what you expect from Paige Toone. Easy read with quite a lot of crying!
Vicky Newbould
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it could not put it down!
Lucy Dawson
Not bad for a bit of fluff. On the whole, predictable but there was a small side plot with a twist I wasn't expecting.
Cheriese
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
ummmm.. what?? this could've been a 3 star book for me but that ending sucked! big time! don't get me started on the heroine. what a let down. also there was some fat shaming which I'm not cool with :/
Rebecca
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on http://beccasbooooks.blogspot.co.uk/

I would like to start my review off by saying a very grateful thank you to the publishers, Simon and Schuster UK, for accepting me via Net Galley to read and review Paige's latest title Thirteen Weddings. I cannot put into words my excitement and craziness when I opened the email that announced my acceptance. So seriously, thank you! You made my day that day.

There is something, something that I can't quite put my finger on, about Paige's
Emma Allsop - Perusing Princesses
4.5 Crowns

Paige Toon is back with another slice of chick lit. Yay!!

I generally don't read chick lit books, however Paige's books are amazing and once a year I find myself eagerly awaiting her summer release. This year's adventure is Thirteen Weddings (interesting title) and I had a very good feeling that once again I would get swept away in another love story with a twist..... I wasn't wrong!

Bronte doesn't believe in marriage, so why she has taken the super long haul trip from Sydney to London
Kiran.kap
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are books that make you laugh, there are books that make you cry and then there are books that make you do both and make you think’ This has happened to me….I can relate to this’. Paige Toon’s Thirteen Wedding is such a book. While reading this, I was so engrossed in the story that I felt one with the characters, rooting for them, feeling with them and ultimately wanting that perfect happy ending for them that are usually a feature of all good chick lit novels. Let me say at this point tha ...more
Sophie
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Posted originally http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

Paige Toon is the author that transformed me into a chick-lit lover, and so a new book written by her is always an exciting time for me. Given that I’m not really a massive fan of reading about weddings, or love triangles, Thirteen Weddings was probably a strange choice of book for me to read but Paige Toon has never let me down so far and she definitely didn’t here. Actually, Thirteen Weddings has been my favourite of her novels so far.
Samantha
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love Paige Toon and ever since I read Lucy in the Sky when it was released, I knew that she would be quickly becoming one of my favourite authors.

As soon as I heard that Paige was releasing her summer read, I could not wait to get my hands on it. I was so lucky when the publisher sent me a copy. When I opened the mail I did a little dance and wanted to do back flips! (Unfortunately I can't actually do back flips, so I ended up doing a strange looking movement!)

Anyway, I would not wait to sta
Kirsty & Erin White
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Firstly, a massive thank you to NetGalley and Simon and Schuster for approving me for a review copy of this book. I am a huge Paige Toon fan, she is one of, if not, my favourite authors ever and I have loved her books from the very first time I read Chasing Daisy years ago. I've read more or less everything she's released and am not embarrassed to admit I could possibly recite Chasing Daisy and Johnny Be Good because I've read them both loads of times. So needless to say I was excited, super exc ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• You're the One That I Want
  • In Case You Missed It
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • Billy and Me (Billy and Me, #1)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • About a Girl (A Girl, #1)
  • The Wish List
  • One in a Million
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Some Kind of Wonderful
  • The Love Square
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, #8)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Dream a Little Dream, #1)
  • What a Girl Wants (A Girl, #2)
Paige Toon grew up between England, Australia and America and has been writing books set in sun-drenched locations around the world since 2007. She has written fourteen novels, a three-part spin-off for young adults and a collection of short stories. Her books have sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide. She loves hearing from her readers so get in touch via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @PaigeT ...more

News & Interviews