Start by marking “Nowhere but Here” as Want to Read:
Nowhere but Here

Nowhere but Here

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  8,397 ratings  ·  1,026 reviews
A Chicago reporter in her mid-twenties unexpectedly finds love in Napa Valley when she’s assigned to spend a week with a famously reclusive genius.

Kate Corbin has lost her spark. From the outside, her life seems charmed. She has a handsome, long-term boyfriend and a budding journalism career at a popular Chicago newspaper. But in reality, her relationship is going nowhere,
Published May 5th 2014 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Nowhere but Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nowhere but Here

·  8,397 ratings  ·  1,026 reviews

Start your review of Nowhere but Here
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

My casting for Jamie... just add tats ;)

I absolutely loved this book!! Beautiful writing, beautiful story, beautiful message. (4.5 stars)

I was hooked from the first page. The writing just drew me in and made me desperate to keep turning the pages. As an avid reader of romance novels, I found it especially interesting to see how strongly I was drawn in even before any hint of the love story was introduced. Like the actual backdrop of the story alone was enough to keep me riveted and I found mysel
Christy
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

photo 1b7fc3a5-c793-4d00-a8c6-28e25f24c2dc_zpsbe881729.jpg
To exist in each other’s souls so strongly that you are bound without a physical tie is the greatest mark of love…

Oh the romance! I fell in love with Renee Carlino’s writing when reading Sweet Thing. As much as I enjoyed her debut novel, I feel that this book is even better. The writing is wonderful and fluid, and the story of Jamie and Kate is just beautiful.

Kate is a young journalist. She lives alone in Chicago. She has no family, and only a few close friends. She keeps to her
Patrycja

Release Date: May 5, 2014
Rating: 2.75 – 3 stars
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I am really sad while writing this review. I feel like someone cut one of my wings or stole my favorite toy. Rating Renee Carlino’s book only not quite full three stars, breaks my heart.

If you follow my reviews, you probably know what makes me tingle all over and go crazy for a book. I’m easy girl to please, usually. I need a sweet, toe
*TANYA*
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars!!! Grrrr!!! The first half of this book was super cute. But the second half of this book was a hot mess. It felt like the author wrote in extra scenes to prolong the book and they were not necessary, at all.
Tandie
What an ever lovin' cheese fest!
Meet Kate. She seems a little unbalanced.

“Are you sure you’re okay? You look like you might be in shock,” he said. I started to sway"

My knees buckled. I braced myself against the railing outside of the building.”

“Right at that moment my knees buckled..."

“...my knees buckled, and I started to collapse.”

"My knees wobbled."
This woman needs to see a doctor about that bum knee!

“When he let go, I stumbled to the side, not completely in control of my body.
It's a wond
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've read a lot of erotica recently and you know what they're my fav alongside Alpha, dominating men that ooze sex I need sex in my reads but then sometimes you just need a break from that and you just need a sweet delicious read and this is most certainly just that, this book is just beautiful, it's a romance love story and a romance story on life and learning to experience life, to enjoy life.

photo B753CF7D-2C19-4ACF-8871-802EFCC62162_zpszur4niko.jpg

So what's it about?
Kate is working as a reporter in Chicago, she's bored with writing about lipsti
Catarina
4,5 Sweet Stars.

Kate lost everyone in her life and she feels lonely. To top that, she also recently lost her boyfriend and her sparkle, considering that she can’t even write something good anymore. Worried about her, her editor chief and friend gives her a change with a great article that everyone wants to read: What is the real life of the completely secretive man, ex-computer genius and now billionaire wine-maker, R. J. Lawson? He keeps his life a completely mystery, so this is a one-time opp
Kylie Amber
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-read
*3.5 Stars*
I thought this book was so so so sweet! And I’ve been wanting to read a romance so it was a perfect pick right now for me.
I absolutely loved the character Jamie, and then the plot twist OMG! Truthfully, there were a few moments when my jaw dropped.
After the last big thing to happen though, there was still like 50 pages left and nothing important or interesting really happened in them so that was upsetting.
Also, there is lots of sex🙈🙈
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
RE-READ

4.5 Stars

'Love is a feeling, pure and simple. It's a feeling you can have one moment, in which you believe you could throw yourself in front of a speeding train for someone; and it can vanish the next, when they tear your heart out and steal every last beat for themselves.'

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Cover: 9/10
Writing: 9/10
Heroine: 9/10
Hero: 8/10
Hotness: 3/10
Romance: 10/10
Extra book Details: Approx 262 kindle pages Heroine POV. Stand-alone.

'Kate Corbin has lost her spark. From
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
**2.5 NOT QUITE THERE STARS**

I had difficulties connecting with the characters, I was told the H would be an "Alpha" but was confronted a Beta, and the h was a bit annoying and oblivious to everything around her... There was also a bit of mysticism that I found annoying and though of it as an easy and convenient way to connect the 2 MCs...
Nothing really original in that one but still an okay read
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
WHY ISN'T THIS BOOK MORE FAMOUS?

Its beautiful. I loved it~
What a nice read, loved the book.

Yes, its predictable... but still.. it brought a smile to my face.
I really enjoyed the story and the writing.
Tough Critic Book Reviews
There is nothing like a good contemporary romance….and PEZ!

3.5 Stars

No one can argue that books trend. We've seen the vampire movement, the tie me up and spank me movement, and of course the bad boy player doing a complete 180, landing safely between the legs of a virgin movement. I could go on...and on, but I won't. My point is, trends sometimes hurt originality. Let's sprinkle a little bit of this best seller with a little bit of that best seller, and BOOM….instant success, right? Sorry, it do
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Audiobook Review

What did you like best about this story?
Life has a way of knocking you down and then stripping away nearly every ounce of your self-confidence, strength, and joy. I enjoyed the process of Kate gradually getting her mojo back despite her weariness.

Who was your favorite character and why?
My favorite character is Jamie. He is a genuinely nice and humble man who enjoys working hard and appreciates the little things in life. Jamie is also good with his hands (in the wine fields and in
Hannah (bookwormstalk)
I fell so hard for this book! It was funny, sweet, and it had bursts of brilliance--it was the definition of a perfect contemporary romance. I was reminded why I live Renée's writing so much--for the intricately weaved bigger-than-yourself moments. I won't go into detail so that I won't spoil, but I can just not recommend this book enough!
Kiki
-C-
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a great romance! Love, laughter, drama, and great friends....I truly enjoyed this book.
“Love is not the same thing as a marriage or a relationship or having children. Love is not work. Love is a feeling, pure and simple. It’s a feeling you can have one moment, in which you believe you could throw yourself in front of a speeding train for someone; and it can vanish the next, when they tear your heart out and steal every last beat for themselves.”

The characters have great personality
Mariam
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
description
Oh, this?
This has been me for the entire book.
I just couldn’t stop crying. Happy tears, sad tears, angry tears, all kinds of tears. I don’t know why. I think I have a problem. Maybe I need to go see my Optometrist. Yo, Carlino, this is your goddamn fault. I’ll send you the bill.
I really loved this book. And I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but I will. This book is even better than Sweet Thing, and that's saying something.
I can honestly say that Carlino’s writing is brilliant and mean it with
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

As I sit here writing this short review I'm asking myself why it took me so long to get around to reading this book. This book melted my heart and put faith back into the possibility of true love again. I loved both the hero and the heroine and the secondary characters played an important role in the story also. Though it didn't take long for Jamie and Kate to fall in love is felt like they knew each other all their lives. You didn't get that insta-love feeling even though it only took them 4 da
Jiana
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Short review to come later when I'm in the mood to write oops.
Vintage
Dec 07, 2018 added it
Shelves: too-ya, nope
Sorry, sounds too YA-sh, and all the pretty, orgasmic ARC reviews are scary.
Anna
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
RE-RE-RE-RE-RE-READ!
Sweet story! Fav main characters!!

2016
On my re-re-read-shelf!
So beautiful story! Ohh Jamie, where are you?

2018
So beautifully written story! I like when in my romance book there is not only steam and smut, but beautiful landscapes, descriptions of nature. Renee Carlino has made it!
I'm in love with Jamie, ohhh, he was so devoted, so in love with Katy. But he was also alpha, yummy!
Poor Katy, I wish she realised she was worth more much before!!
This book is my comfy read, it alwa
Jenny Jo Weir
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh, waste-of-time
Too much! Oh the cheese and the cliches...
I'm a sucker for romance, hence all the romance novels I read, but this one was a huge miss for me. I know I'm in the minority here but I didn't get it.

It starts off decently but quickly turns into a bunch of nonsense. She breaks up with the guy shes dated for 2 years and moves on THE NEXT DAY with the a guy she meets the day before. Then, after being with this new guy for only 2 days, she starts thinking about moving and starting a life with him, but t
Vilma Iris
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A perfect, heartfelt romance.
Nowhere But Here is a love story filled with goodness and heart, sexiness and sweetness. It left me grinning widely and feeling warmly.

“There’s nowhere but here. Nothing else matters.”

I loved so many things about this novel. It felt like a true romance. The kind that sweeps you off your feet and leaves your heart full and happy. I’ve been reading too many books where the characters are so deeply flawed and impossibly broken that it felt refreshing to immerse myse
Allison
This book was such a mixed bag. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. Sometimes I wanted to slap the author and sometimes I wanted to high five her.

The twist? It was ENTIRELY predictable to me. I just KNEW from the moment they met what was coming. I feel like the author could have veiled that better. It took away from the story.

It took me a very long time to connect with the heroine. Kate is the opposite of a Mary Sue. She was so incredibly different from me. She reacted to things the
Autumn Review
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, arc, favorites
I read romance books. Obviously. Some speak to me a bit louder than others. This one not only spoke to me, but reminded me that love does exist. Nowhere but Here was put in my hands at just the right time and I'm so glad I got to experience Kate and Jamie's story.

The setting in Napa Valley, was gorgeous. Having been there, I could visualize what Kate likely saw. It's romantic, naturally beautiful and can quite simple take your breath away. Add in a sweet, sexy man...gold. Like Kate, I fell for
Becky
I was scrolling my Kindle last night and spontaneously decided to read this one. Picking a book at random worked for me once this year, so I hoped it would work for me again; and I can safely say that this one did not disappoint! I'm on a little bit of a Renee Carlino kick so far this year, and have got another two of her books lined up for the next couple of months. With the way her books are going for me at the moment, I can't wait!

This story pulled me in right from the first page - I picked i
Suzana
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it

Very sweet and lovely story...
A story about young journalist sent to Napa Valley to do a interview with a rich vintner ...
After not so pleasant encounter with the owner, she turns to Jamie, a man who showed her the beauty of vineyards and making the wines ... but also he showed her what true love is and that everybody needs someone to love and be loved in return ...
This is a story mostly for all the romantic souls ...
I really enjoyed it ...

"To exist in each other’s souls so strongly that you a
Joy
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book, so thanks to Goodreads and the publisher for sending me an advanced copy. I will write a review soon. I enjoyed it!
Renee Carlino
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amazon has NOWHERE BUT HERE on sale right now http://amzn.com/B00EB9Z902 ...more
Bibliophile Rose
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

What a heartwarming book

The Plot:
Kate is a writer and a reporter in Chicago, she was sent to interview R.J Lawson who is the famous computer engineer and the owner of the winery in Napa, San-Francisco. Kate met someone in Napa whom works for Lawson, their relationship got intense and they fell for each other. But something happened and messed up all the sweet things between them.

My Opinion

After reading many fantasy books, my mind needed to rest and my heart wanted a fluffy, cute, sexy

• Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
  • Archer's Voice
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • November 9
  • The Simple Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • Regretting You
  • Love and Other Words
  • Before You Break (Between Breaths, #2)
  • Surviving Ice (Burying Water, #4)
  • In Five Years
  • Until It Fades
  • Maybe Now (Maybe, #2)
  • Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1)
  • Chasing River (Burying Water, #3)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths, #0.5)
Renée Carlino is a bestselling author of contemporary women's novels and new adult fiction. Her books have been featured in national publications, including Cosmopolitan Magazine, InStyle Magazine, USA TODAY, Huffington Post, Latina magazine, Publisher's Weekly, Redbook, Sunset Magazine, Coastal Living and the Union Tribune. She lives in Southern California with her husband and two sons. When she' ...more