Start by marking “One is Enough” as Want to Read:
One is Enough

One is Enough

Manga
ebook, Nook, 156 pages
Published January 17th 13 by GEN Manga (first published January 1st 13)

Jillyn
Jul 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: requested, ebook
One Star.

One is Enough is a quick-read graphic novel about sixteen year old Matsumoto-kun. When he runs into, literally, his senpai Mizushima-kun, he wants to make it up to him. Lines quickly become blurred and the boy must decide how far he's willing to go.

This review is going to be short and sweet. I picked up this book because I'm slowly getting into manga, and I like the idea of senpai-related relationships. Unfortunately, this one didn't meet my expectations. The artwork, well, it wasn't v
Anne
Jul 05, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Instalove is bad, but instalove + cheesy dialogues is a combination that annoys me to no end. This story revolves around Matsumoto, a 16-year-old boy who is on a mission to be a total psycho:

“You’re all I’ve thought about ever since we first met!
I know you can’t like me back… That I’m just bothering you…
But I don’t know how to quit you, either! I even ended up waiting in front of your house today without meaning to…
I know you have a girlfriend… And that I must sound crazy… But still… I love yo
papalbina
I'm afraid I cannot say anything positive about this one-shot manga.

The story line and the characters are much more stereotyped than in any other regular manga in this genre and it was a pain to finish reading it. Main character and supporting characters are weakly portrayed and sadly bad drawn.

I understand that this is an independent manga author and publisher, but the story is more of the same, nor innovative nor interesting, nothing new... To read the same all over again there are some other
Jennifer Lavoie
Okay, honest review time. This manga fell along the lines of it was okay, I liked it, but only because of one character. Honestly, I did not care for the two mains, Yuu and Shizuku. Sora was my favorite character, and he rarely made an appearance.

I've read several hundred manga and I collect them. Yaoi is my preferred category, and I literally own hundreds. Back when I started reading it when I was 19, this would have satisfied my needs. I mean, barely anything was being published. But now, ten
Kristy
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-read
Let me start by saying I read a lot of BL. I’m familiar with all the common tropes and clichés. Unfortunately, Love’s “One is Enough” just doesn’t stand out from the many BL manga available. The story begins with 16 year old Matsumoto Yuu stumbling into a dark room where he meets bleeding upperclassman Mizushima Shizuku. From there on the story moves at a fast pace hitting trope after trope – love at first sight, tsundere seme, annoying uke, non-con situations, love triangle, etc…. The heart of ...more
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

For me, story, plot, translation, editing, cleaning, and artwork all felt off. While I understand it is doujinshi/indie work from an unpublished artist/author, I don't necessarily feel it warranted a release from Gen (who are giving us indie manga from Japan).

This story is a common one in yaoi manga titles: girlie boy falls for bad boy who has trauma issues. One cries a lot, the other acts all tough and studly, and you a
Adela Cacovean
Matsumoto-kun is a sixteen-year-old high-school student who, upon bumping into an older, mysterious guy, Mizushima-kun, learns he is actually attracted to boys instead of girls.
Matsumoto falls in love at first sight, but is at the same time ashamed of himself, confused about his feelings, and the fact that Mizushima has past love scars and plays with his feelings certainly does not help.
One is Enough manga tells a cute story about accepting yourself the way you are, about friendship and love.
Wh
Mal
Jan 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Bad things
1. The characters weren't very well put together and their personalities were sort of all over the place.
2. The whole plot was shaky. It didn't make much sense to begin with and then it just sort of fell off the wagon and all of a sudden 'I love you, Senpai'.
3.I don't really ship them? Like yay for being happy and stuff but my emotions were little to none while reading it. In fact I just kind of wanted to finish it.
4. I wasn't a fan of the art. Especially when the sexual endeavors
Emily
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Yeah, so I would not go so far to say that I liked this, but it feels too harsh to give it two stars. The artwork is pretty bad and it is kind of hard to look at. Also, the story is fairly basic and the characters are pretty one dimensional. For the first quarter of this manga, I did not like it, I thought it was boring and just did not care about the characters at all. But it ended up picking up a bit, and I started to enjoy it more, mainly because of the character Sora, who was the only charac ...more
Oct 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
It reads like a 15 year old American weeb's first slash fic.
Mel
May 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
A bit rushed. Clingly young man and emotionally distant love interest.
Chris
Oct 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga
Almost everything about this is horrible.
Aleria
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The art style has it's own unique taste. I loved the story plot though :)
Azura75
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 just a quick read. I didn't think it was awful. I agree with one review, it was hard to tell the bodies apart in a few panels.
Jessica
Jul 19, 2014 rated it liked it
This story was epic, in it had like five gazillion sex scenes before it had an actual story. At the end, I was going---is ONE REALLY ENOUGH? There’s so many different “one’s” to choose from:

whichone

I also have a gripe against Matsu “using” Sora because of being rejected and teased by two different guys. You couldn't shut it down---just run and take a cold shower. Being tied up (no alcohol included) got you going? I think Love wanted to write in some Matsu/Sora action ;)

outofcontrol

I think I was just completely ups
Erin
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this manga from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

One is Enough is a bit of a mixed bag. The artwork of the characters is generally very pretty, but they sometimes look different from page to page (either in appearance or in style), and the backgrounds are very hit or miss, sometimes clearly drawn and other times extremely basic. It can be difficult to tell where/how things are happening due to the really simple backgrounds at time. The very simpli
Rachel
May 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Gr 10 Up- When Matsumoto stumbles upon upperclassman Mizushima, he suddenly finds himself in love. Undeterred by the realization that he is gay, he pursues him. Not only must Matsumoto overcome his own doubts, but he must face encounters with other students, and finally win over the troubled Mizushima too. While the pacing is solid, little time is given to develop this relationship, and like most yaoi (hardcore boys love), the focus is on the physical relationship. However, as the art leans towa ...more
Jessica
Jul 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
I don't know what I expected, but this manga read like fanfiction. I could easily see this as a name swapped Harry, Draco, and Ron story with the former two as the main characters and the latter as the friend. The story was clumsy and leaped immediately into characters in love at their first meeting. And then their obsessive relationship turned into a real one? I don't know, I wasn't satisfied at any point and kept reading only because I knew it would end quickly. I did question - would I have f ...more
Bri
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review

A cute little romance story that deals with some common teen problems. I found that the story, while short, was good, and that everything was done okay in most places. The characters were distinct in some places with their voices and the way they spoke, but usually they seemed really similar and didn't have a distinctive voice. I really enjoyed the art style though, even if it was bit erratic, I found it really nice. I liked the plot because
Lita
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Neutral all the way!

I was at first giddy at the upbeat romance starting to begin between the two main characters. I admit, it was super fast. They literally just met, but that wasn't really a big issue for me because it is a manga.

So, when things start to crumple way faster than how it started, I knew there was something wrong. The best friend ends up having to comfort the main character, and wind up getting used and hurt in the process.

Meanwhile, the other main character is already in a relatio
Jj
If you like After School Nightmare Manga then you will really enjoy this short quick manga about love.
One is enough is a free manga that you can enjoy on the Nook App or device. It starts off kind of slow but the pace quickly picks up. The story begins with Matsu running into Sempi, and knocking him down. That when Matsu becomes a psycho abd begun to fall in love with Sempi. Without really knowing his name, or anything about him.
So that's what the while manga it's about, Matsu crazy love story
Eve
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
This manga left me a little disgruntled. Good boy falls for bad boy, but the bad boy is a jerk and pushes the other away while giving conflicting signals that he is really interested. In the end, they get together. Of course! The story was mediocre and predictable; the artwork was confusing. Sometimes, the penciling was spectacular, detailed and fluid. At other times, it looks like a child’s heavy and harsh scribbling. I’m sure this was to emphasize the character’s emotional state, but it disrup ...more
Elle Markov
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Matsumoto meets Mizushim one day by accident and its love at first sight. Matsumoto feels very conflicted about his attraction to Mizushim since they're both guys. Through the story Matsumoto learns to accept himself and his feeling.

What I didn't like about the story is that Mizushim is an ass, who blows hot and cold. Another reason the story lost major points with me is that it felt too rushed and too blah, whatever. Overall, the story was eh, at least they both end up together.

Rating 2 out of
FoxClouds
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
I could have handled cliched plot if the art was stunning. Unfortunately, it felt as if it was a web comic drawn through years as in the beginning the art was very immature but at the end it was so much better that I had to go back and actually make sure I didn't imagine things.

Liked the art at the end.
Didn't like cliches, making fun of self-harm, first love and being gay. In some ways it was worse than usual BL manga.
Dylan De Awesome
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
could have been better, could have been way better. the cover was pretty enough to draw me in and it looks nice on a shelve, but the story itself was very boring and made the protagonist honestly seem very naive and dumb. the art was inconsistent and changed throughout the story, making some characters almost completely different appearance wise by the end. There are so many better options out there, avoid 'one is enough'!
Pam
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
The story for this graphic novel was confusing. I could not determine the progression of the story line. The plot did not make logical sense, though I did understand the basic outline of the story. I found it to be neither interesting nor engaging.

The art style, although appropriate to the story, was not appealing due to the overuse of sharp angles making the characters seem harsh and unforgiving.

I give this book a D+.
Aymee
Jul 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not quite sure what to say about this manga. The artwork was great. The story was good as well but... the dialogue was more than a little bit corny. I know that the dialogue in most manga is on the corny side, but the large part of this was beyond silly. Despite that, it was a very sweet story with some nice artwork and good intentions that weren't fully executed. Still very much worth the read however.
Jan 02, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The art on this book was terrible -- too long of arms, oddly shaped necks, and it was sometimes hard to tell characters apart. Plus the insta-love and the lack of an actual plot until 2/3rds of the way through. Does not reccomend.
Loredana (Bookinista08)
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute, cute, cute! However, I wanted something to go down with Sora too. Maybe something between him and Myashiro? :-D Just sayin'.
Annice22
Aug 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Borrowed from Publisher/NetGalley for an honest review.

The writing was exceptionally bad and characters were very annoying. The whole story was obsessive insta-love and nothing else.
« previous 1 3 next »