Start by marking “Kumadai Run (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #4)” as Want to Read:
Kumadai Run (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #4)

Kumadai Run

(The Fall of the Altairan Empire #4)

The biggest danger of the Kumadai Run lies on a fractured world buried deep in an area of twisted space. When the Phoenix is caught in a trap five hundred years old, Dace faces the most demanding challenge of her life.
Published August 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Kumadai Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kumadai Run

Start your review of Kumadai Run (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #4)
John
Jan 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
Series takes a real nose dive, as Dace and crew are suckered by a distress call (set up by who? We never find out) into crashing next to a colony (set up by who? Ditto) that has enslaved the crews of dozens of other ships using weird tech (totally a plot device, as is the whole scenario). As soon as Dace arrives, everyone easily escapes in a rush of conveniently opening doors, stolen gear, and suddenly ineffectual captors (who had previously sly been doing quite well for decades). The story line ...more
Verity Brown
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of space opera
Recommended to Verity by: Jaleta Clegg

I think I've enjoyed this volume of the series most so far. It's like an episode of classic Star Trek--our heroes run into a mysterious planet that sucks in ships and never lets them go, and only Dace and her crew can solve the mystery and save everyone. Lots and lots of fun to read. The ending did start to drag a bit--I wasn't sure what the point of all the getting-lost-in-corridors was, and the wrapping up of everything, while satisfying, was also longer than I expected it to be. But the first
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fun series and I love the main character. She seems to find trouble wherever she goes but also seems to always stumble her way out of it somehow, though usually with a few scars to show. In this book we get introduced to one or two more people who will hopefully become recurring characters in subsequent books. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the next great adventure is for Dace and I'm hoping she will have a lot more in this series!
Hannah
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of this series so far. Kept me glued to the story the whole way through. Love that character growth doesn't disappear between books. And each new trouble that Dace runs into is different with different troubles and requiring different growth, and leaving different trailing repercussions. Reminds me of what I loved best about Andre Norton's stories. The sense of strangeness. Of something completely different. Love that.
Jansen
May 07, 2015
Kitty
Oct 27, 2016
Jaleta Clegg
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jon E.
Dec 11, 2019
Katy
added it
Apr 14, 2014
I write numerous genres including space opera, science fiction, fantasy, and comic horror. I've even dabbled in romance.

Find my space opera series at http://www.altairanempire.com and all my writing at http://www.jaletac.com

My day job involves a planetarium, a starship simulator and lots of school children.

The Fall of the Altairan Empire (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Nexus Point
  • Priestess of the Eggstone
  • Poisoned Pawn (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #3)
  • Cold Revenge (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #5)
  • Jericho Falling (The Fall of the Altairan Empire, #6)
  • Obsidian Tears (The Fall of the Altairan Empire)
  • Chain of Secrets
  • An Indecent Proposal (The Fall of the Altairan Empire)
  • Phoenix in Flames (The Fall of the Altairan Empire Book 10)
  • Redemption (The Fall of the Altairan Empire Book 11)