Start by marking “Forever Young (The Forever Land Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forever Young (The Forever Land Chronicles, #1)

Forever Young (The Forever Land Chronicles #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  150 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition - ASIN: B00B9H5EMW

She’s a loner, she likes to fight and, oh yeah...she has the ability to see the demons that lay beneath the faces of ordinary humans. It’s a gift Charlie Wright inherited the night her parents were brutally murdered when she was fourteen years old.

Now in her last year of high school, Charlie just can’t
Published January 31st 2013 by Big Dog Books

Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
It started off & I wondered which direction it was headed...the story then picked up and I am intrigued! The characters were interesting. The writing was great (I love Sawyer Bennett - her "Off Series" is one of my favorites!)

This book is a great series builder. I can not wait for the next one!

My favorite quote from this book: "...don't ever let anyone, yourself included, diminish your worth. We are all important in this life."
gillian (Tattooed Book Review)
Read this review and more at!

4.5 Stars!

I’m super excited to have found a new YA/NA series that I’m totally in to! This first book in The Foreverland Chronicles introduces us to Charlie, Caiden, and a whole cast of great supporting characters. Forever Young has magic, romance, action, and quite a few surprises. I really enjoyed this book but it is clear that the story has only just begun.

Charlie is my favorite kind of strong, kick-ass heroine. She stands up for herself,
Danielle - Books and Motherhood
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I cannot get this book out of my head! We are talking full and total hangover here. It has been days and I have not been able to get my head out of Semper Terra.

Charlie is everything I could want in a female protagonist. She is smart, strong, and confident all while retaining that essential feminine flare. She has had a difficult adolescence, but instead of letting it ruin her it made her stronger. She fights for what she believes is right and faces the consequences as they come. Caiden is majo
Karen- My Own Bookshelves
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Amy Ellena
Strong Heroine - Recommend read to fans of YA paranormal

I love a kick-ass heroine, and Charlie Wright fits the bill plus more. The story moved fluidly with very well developed characters. Charlie and her classmates find themselves in their freshman year training to rid the world of evil for us mere morals. This type of young adult, paranormal genre isn’t my normal bookshelf reading material. However, on occasion I like to venture out of the norm and visit other genres to engage my emotions in di
Melissa Drake
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Normally I am not a fan of books featuring the whole young-girl-falls-for-guy-hundreds-of-years-older thing, but I truly enjoyed this story. Charlie is a likable protagonist, and well...Caiden is just droolworthy. I was a little disappointed that this story seemed to be primarily world building and introducing the characters with just a smattering of plot added at the end of the book, but I liked the characters well enough to stick with it, and will definitely read the second book whenever it co ...more

Gutted it's finished and extremely worried there won't be anymore instalments :-(
Novel Grounds
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amy’s Review:

Amy's Review:

I am a huge Sawyer Bennett fan! I was super excited when I learned I would be reviewing this book for Novel Grounds.

Charlie is a 17year old part orphan, part juvenile delinquent. She is quick to defend someone in need and often takes the blame. She has a good heart, still healing from the recent loss of her parents. She is a social outcast in ever since of the word and I truly felt emotionally attached to her righ
Lauren Dawes
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’m not usually a fan of Young Adult fiction. The only YA series that I will willingly admit that I’ve read and liked is The Vampire Academy, and I think this comes down to the fact that it’s not really a true YA book, but when I found out that Sawyer Bennett had written Forever Young, I thought I’d have to swallow my general disdain for YA and read, read away. After all, she totally turned me onto New Adult, so why wouldn’t I like a YA book she’s written?

I have to start by saying that I didn’t
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
So, apparently Sawyer Bennett is even more crazy talented than I knew. Not only can she write hot, sweet and sexy new adult books, but, go figure, she can also write some amazing YA urban fantasy too. Who knew?

In Forever Young, Charlie is a loner with no family and no friends, struggling to make it through high school without getting expelled when she's discovered by those from Semper Terra, an alternate universe. Charlie's unique ability to see daimons underneath their human facade makes her a
Nov 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
The writing style was way off, the storyline was done crappy-like, the characters weren't relatable....I got an ARC copy for the blog tour, it looks like I have to change my stop. *sigh* I was really excited to read this, but sadly I was mistaken. I don't recommend this book to any reader with a particular genre. This was really REALLY sloppy.

Full review is down below

Source: Atomrs

Format: eARC

Ratings: 1 star

Reviewer: Chyna

I think I just skimmed through the book, I don't think Sawyer's writing st
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What would you do if you were given the chance to start over? Would you take it?

Charlie is on her own because both of her parents tragically taken from her when she was only 13 years old. At a time when most girls need their mother more than they would like to admit. Sadly, Charlie was shuffled around from foster home to foster home until she became a ward of the state.

Dr. Tinsdale the school principal would say, "Trouble always seems to find you, Charlie."

It was not like Charlie was going looki
Kirsty Vizard
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: demons
After reading Sawyer Bennett's Off Series I was definitely excited by her choice to pursue writing for a young adult audience, particularly in the paranormal genre.
Forever Young has an interesting premise; Charlie is an orphan, she is a good student but has no interests outside school other than fighting; and not pulling hair, but punching and kicking. She is chosen to enter Semper Terra to train as an Annihilator, a Daimon hunter.
I felt that the initial chapters of the story are like a whirlwin
Jessica Figueroa
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Charlie is an orphan who is very big on fights but at least she gives the person a warning before she throws the punches. Her last fight was the principal's last straw, but rather then sending her to juvie he sends her to get training as an Annihilator. The annihilators are a group of people who destroy Daimons.

Now since I'm pretty big on covers because the cover is pretty much the first impression the reader gets I want to talk about it for a bit. For those of you who didn't know I've noticed
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was such a different read from what I’m used to reading by Sawyer Bennett, but it certainly didn’t disappoint. Think Vampire Academy meets The Mortal Instruments. That’s right… sounds amazing already doesn’t it!

I will admit, I’m always a little hesitant to read books in different genres by the same author. I know how that sounds, but I think you have to be a really amazing author to be successful in more than one genre. Well, Ms. Bennett is clearly amazing! I absolutely adored her OFF
Anny hernandez
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***** I received an ARC copy for an honest review *****

First I have to say that I love Sawyer Bennett books and I am a fan of her work, I have read all the off series and I love it, when I started reading this book I did not know what to expect, and oh boy I am glad I got to read it I love it, and love the characters.

This book has comedy, lots of drama, romance, and a lot of flirting going on, the characters are well writing, their emotion are well developed, and this story will not get you con
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Whether it is a contemporary romance or a Young Adult paranormal, Sawyer Bennett writes beautiful, character-centric, stories. Forever Young is a prime example. Charlie is an orphan. She is labeled by many as a trouble-maker because she gets into fights. Yet, when she fights, it is always about protecting the underdog, vulnerable and weak. At her heart, she is always trying to stick up for what is right. In this universe, she is misunderstood. She is given a opportunity to enter an alternate rea ...more
Veronica of V's Reads
I liked it. Charlie is a little sensitive, a little snarky, and a lot heroic. She'll brawl to help anyone weak defeat their attackers. She doesn't tolerate mean girls and can't understand why the new males in her life find her attractive...particularly Caiden Gallagher, the perpetually youthful 400+ year old Annihilator serving as Charlie's mentor.

Of course, Charlie's mean girls aren't only students--her headmistress Sarah is part of the I-Hate-Charlie club also, mainly because Sarah has a histo
Shawna Shauntia
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I feel I should go on record and admit going in I was a bit nervous about reading Forever Young, because this was a little different from what I'm use to when it comes to Ms. Bennett's writing. While I was a bit hesitate I am super excited that I had the opportunity to indulge myself.

Charlie o Charlie my feelings for her were all over the place I felt sorrowful that she lost both her parents in such a violent manner. i thought she had spunk, that "won't back down" factor, that "underdog looking
Hot Romance Novel
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! I am in love with this story. Sawyer must be working on a sequel! It is a must!!

It has just enough fantasy and reality mixed with a slowly building love story! I love that Charlie, the 17 year old borderline juvenile delinquent, has taken to her new role as a fighter of evil. It is so sweet that Caiden, her mentor, her protector, has found a soft spot for the Charlie. For Charlie being 17 years old, she has never had a true love, a boyfriend, never been kissed and has had no desire f
Friendless, Homeless, and ready for a fight are words that commonly describe Charlie Wright. After seeing her parents murdered, Charlie has resorted to fighting for the underdog. Of course she doesn't admit she sees the facade behind everyone she comes in contact with, the people with discolored skin or horns or that matter, Charlie keeps that to herself.

After another bout , her principal introduces her to a man who will change her life. He introduces hr to a whole different dimension that figh
Scandalous Book Blog
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it was different in a good way the story was not too heavy and difficult it had a very light feel. The characters are likeable and well developed. Actually the characters are so much more than simply likeable, I loved them this is definably a character driven story. It's told from the first person point of view of Charlie Wright, a 17 year old girl that can see demons within people. She is approached by a mysterious man who offers her an opportunity with a company cal ...more
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Sawyer Bennett's Off series and when I found out that she had a paranormal YA series coming out, I HAD to read it (I LOVE paranormal books). This book highlighted Bennett's talent as a writer because it was written differently than her other books. I had to remind myself that the female character and her peers were teenagers and so it was very easy to dive into the book after that. I definitely felt like I was there with Charlie since Bennett painted the surroundings of each scene very cl ...more
Bette Hansen
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book for an honest review

I must say I was a little skeptical starting this book since it is not my usual type of read. Sawyer Bennett quickly changed my mind! This book is truly captivating from the very first page straight through to the last page and left me wanting more (which I am sure was the authors diabolical plan). Charlie is a rough and tough young woman scarred by life with an undying need to help and protect others. She is recruited to attend a school locate
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it
So, i need to start off by saying I received this book from the author for an honest review. I have read all the books in her "Off" series and fell in love with them. They were incredible to say the least. I was really hoping to love this book just as much. Unfortunately, I didn't fall in love with it like the others. Don't get me wrong...It was a great story, but wasn't what I usually read.

The story was well written and had great characters, but for me it just wasn't my thing. It was a little t
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
In under one year I had read all of Sawyer Bennett's books except this one. Her other books are X-rated whereas this is for a younger audience.

Even so it was still Sawyer Bennett's writing. Her style; including her ability to draw the reader in to the story, to get to know the characters and become invested in the outcome.

I enjoyed the story thoroughly. It is fresh and exciting and has the trademark SB twists and turns. Although this is meant to be the first in a series there is no horrible clif
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, new-adult
Sawyer Bennett has quickly become my go to author for a guaranteed good story. Forever Young has a very likable main character in Charlotte Wright, "Charlie" to her friends. I was impressed with Charlie's drive and determination. I really liked her and really liked the relationships she developed. Especially with one certain mentor. Can not wait for more from Sawyer Bennett and I am anxiously awaiting more in the Forever Land Chronicles.
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sawyer Bennett is Freaking Amazing!!! You can never go wrong with her books..She has brought us yet another book that will blow you out of the water :) I LOVE Forever Young and would really like the next book in the series.. Like right NOW!! :) I have a full review coming on Nov 15th on my book blog... I hope you can stop by!
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow is all I can see this book was unbelievable. Definitely a page turner and it had such a unique story line nothing I've ever really read before and it had everything I enjoy in a book. I will definitely be reading other books by this author.
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel has such a unique story line! It held my attention and I just couldn't put it down! I highly recommend this book! It's one that I can't stop thinking about even after I finished! Charlie is such an awesome character! I can't wait to read more about her!!
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-reader
I loved the unique setting, and there were signs of amazing writing. The heroine was too immature, and so the romance felt very "lusty" instead of loving. Otherwise, I really liked it, and would read a sequel to watch the heroine's growth over time.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover Help 3 23 Aug 05, 2013 08:57AM
  • Streaming Stars (Transcender, #2)
  • Breaking Angelina (Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • The Girl and the Gargoyle (The Girl and the Raven, #2)
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Forever
  • The Rhyn Trilogy (Rhyn Trilogy, # 1-3)
  • They All Fall Down (Shadow Jumpers, #2)
  • Ascension (Gryphon, #4)
  • Echoes in the Glass
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Dark Salvation (Immortalis, #5)
  • Unbound (Havoc Chronicles, #2)
  • Voices of the Soul (Soul Seers, #1)
  • Bloodweight (Underdogs of the Arena, #1)
  • Vampire Secrets (Blood and Snow, #25) (Blood and Snow Season Two, #2)
  • Submerging Inferno (Men of Myth, #1)
  • Lennon's Jinx (Lennon's Girls, #1)
  • Warrior Prince (Ondine Quartet, #2.5)
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult
More about Sawyer Bennett...