Start by marking “Random Acts of Trust (Random, #2)” as Want to Read:
Random Acts of Trust (Random, #2)

Random Acts of Trust

(Random #2)

Giving up is hard...but giving in is even harder.

When did my life become a demented episode from The Mindy Project?

Moving to Boston to begin grad school meant I was supposed to start a new life--not dig through a past I thought I'd left behind four years ago. But when I saw the poster for Random Acts of Crazy, all I could think about was the drummer, Sam Hinton, the boy I'
Published December 4th 2013 (first published December 3rd 2013)

Alison Bell
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. doesn't even compare to book 1 which I rated 4 stars. this book bored me. I liked the characters just fine. I liked their personalities, I liked the long lost love angle- the issue at stake is that as I read along I felt like the author was just filling in words or telling too long versions of back story and it completely lost its fire. it just wasn't that interesting of a story at all. sorry!
~Mindy Lynn~
Jul 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
Free Today!!! 7/24/17 🤓
L.E. Chamberlin
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: burning-me-up
5 "Arrest Me, Officer" Stars

Resolved: Julia Kent can write her ass off.

(view spoiler)
iDreem2
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
As a a member of Julia Kent's street team I receive ARCs of her books. I love the Obedient series, hoping for a spin off, I like the Billionaire series also. Random Acts of Crazy, was just a little too randomly crazy for me to really get into, but I did like the characters. So when I received Random Acts of Trust I was iffy. It started off better and more succinct then the first book. I didn't feel as if I had fallen down a rabbit hole, but then the big secret began to annoy me. I liked the char ...more
Kami Dodson-Perry
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Amy met Sam in high school. They went to different schools but both were on the debate team. They liked each other right away. At a debate that would change their lives forever they shared their feelings. Then they had to square off. The top 3 would win scholarships and Sam had to be in the top 3. His life depended on it, literally.

Liam and Sam are in a band together. Liam is Amy’s next door neighbor. After the debate the couple did not stand a chance. Sam now having to live with his father’s re
Mara Scales
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is not my first read by this author, it is my first glimpse into the world of the boys of Random Acts of Crazy. Julia brings her original sense of humor to this series as she has done in other books I have read of hers, but with this being my first new adult read from her, I wanted to see if she could pull off the angsty drama, too.
Sam Hinton and Amy Smithson know each other from their high school debate team. They recognized they have feelings for one another and just as they w
Teri
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So for me this is getting like 3 3/4-4 stars. What I liked the most about this book was Darla. Darla & Amy, Darla & Trevor/Joe... Darla from the 1st book to me is what makes this book good. Again, she is freaking hysterical! If it weren't for her showing up so much in here I feel this book would have fell pretty flat. I just couldn't get into Amy. IDK, It was just OK.

Kristen Holt
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh my hell! This book was the perfect blend of sweet, smart, sexy, and funny!

I love Julia Kent!
Jennifer Gausman
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in Julia Kent's Random Acts collection. The books are not necessarily a series, and do not have to be read in order. However, Random Acts of Crazy is a great book, and Random Acts of Trust reads more smoothly after reading Crazy.

Ms. Kent has an amazing ability to bring out emotions in both her characters and her readers. I have to admit, I am married to a drummer and was quiet looking forward to how Ms. Kent would portray the main character in Trust. She succeeded in crea
Danielle
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tami czenkus
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Julia Kent! all of her books are hilarious, steamy and touching in ways that most books are not!
I laughed i cried and oh my I will NEVER look at a cell phone the same way ever again!! Julia knows exactly what to put in a story to get you hooked and keep you coming back for more!! Sam and Amy have HISTORY and not all of it happy and joyful!! They both have demons to conquer and love to rekindle. Find out how they battle crazy friends and difficult family and ONE CRAZY trip to t
Nancy
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was an ok book how ever I do wish the author had done more to make it more interesting. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Karen
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm reviewing this from my own personal copy that I dug up on my kindle. :-)

I read this series when it first came out, but I wasn't recording everything on GR yet. I was given the opportunity to blog about the series, and I leapt on it. (Another post will come later, but that one is super seekrit)

This is the second book of this stellar series, and it's a "what could've been, what will be" story. It starts off a little slow, revealing the backstory a little at a time - while being in the present
Michelle
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eva Wiggers Holmbom
Okay, i like book one. I loved this one. It had me cracked up. I laughed so hard.
I like Sam for the getgo. Hes sweet.. is there such a thing as a sweet badboy?! `cause then its him. Hes not really a badboy. But he looks like one and yeah, i have this picture in my head of him, and let me tell you. DAMN!!
Amy is a sweet girl, whos just trying to be someone in her family, but her mum is a cunt and only her brother is good enough. When we meet him in the book, i wanted to punch his lights out. Such
Pauline (Passionate About Books)
Being bold and going after what has always been yours...
Sam was forced to walk away from the only person his tortured heart ever loved. Verbally and physically abused by his own father, he locked himself up in his music and isolated himself from the world barely surviving and living off his friends... until Amy, his unrequited love serendipitously pops back into his life and everything falls back into place. Follow these two lost souls and watch how they fill in the empty spaces of their hearts
For the love  Of romance
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was expecting a funny, witty and hot book from this author. Well, she definitely didn’t disappoint! Sam and Amy’s story is a second chance romance told in dual points of view.
I was laughing from the first chapter in the book and the fun lasted until the end. We get a glimpse at the rest of Sam’s band mates and their struggles and successes.
I loved the flow of the book and the fact that the author revealed the truth behind Amy and Sam’s history bit by bit and kept me engaged until the end. I
Debra
Although I basically liked the main characters, the story just seemed to wander a bit much. The biggest turnoff was the side story with Amy and Darla and the cell phone. Perhaps this was supposed to be funny, but it just made me dislike Darla and it caused Amy a lot of pain. The only thing it added to the story was bringing Darla and Amy together and I think there could have been an easier way to achieve this.

Darla is an odd character, sometimes I really like her, other times she just annoys me.
R.B. Austin
"Random Acts of Trust" received 3 stars.

**I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard or so loud when reading a book.**

The novel gained *STARS* for these items:

* gained for: "The book caught my interest in first five pages."

* gained for: "I thought about the book when I was forced to set it down and re-enter society."

* gained for: "There were no info dumps, poor writing, or copy edit mistakes that jerked me out of the story."

The novel failed to gain stars for these items:

NO STAR gained fo
Claire Mackenzie-neville
Jul 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Dreadful writing. Will be avoiding anything by this person in the future.

It was all very try hard. I could tell that the conversations were trying really hard to be witty, and there were situations that were trying really hard to be hilarious, and the interactions between the main characters were trying really hard to be intense and passionate, but I didn't find it witty, or funny, or feel the connection. It was all just way too immature and melodramatic for me.

I was reassured at the end of th
Sandra
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks, own-it
2.5 star. I liked the idea but there was just too much inner monologuing from both Amy & Sam and too little character interaction. And the monologuing was way too repetitive mostly about sex and how much they other meants to them with some regrets about the past without ever telling us what happened. You do eventually find out but not until 95% of the way through ( no exaggeration I checked my kindle count when they fonally told us there history). So I was simultaneously curious and bored wh ...more
Vanessa Lawford
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
💥ARC kindly provided for an honest review.💥

This was my first time reading a book by Julia Kent. I loved her writing style and immediately got sucked in the world of Sam and Amy.

I definitely recommend reading Random Acts of Trust.
I wish I could have given this book 5 stars but to me it didn't feel finished. Im hoping what parts that felt incomplete will be resolved in other books and look forward to reading more from Julia Kent.

This book can be read as a stand alone but I would recommend reading
Gea
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
What it’s like to have really screwed up parents?
Sam and Amy can tell you.
That’s the thing they have in common.
All of the lying to keep up appearances is what started the huge blowup after the debate.

This story has a pretty heavy tone, but also has a really funny part. Even though it ends in the ER, still very funny!

It’s confronting because I cannot help compare what happened in my own life.
So the book is good but a bit like a rollercoaster of feelings. If you love books that do that to you? Re
Cee Cee Houston
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 5 of a mulli books series. It can easily be read as a stand-alone as there are only very minor references to the 1st book. This is Sam and Amy’s story and it’s a sort of second chance at love, but not quite as they never had a first.
There’s some serious tender moments, they chemistry between Sam and Amy is believable from the first second of their reconnection.
The story is good, filled with plenty of angst and hard moments, but still giving that HEA we all love.
Fast paced easy read.
Jennifer Crutchfield
3 - 4 Stars! Book two in the Random Series. Full length told in dual POV with an HFN. Random Acts of Crazy is a band, the secondary characters are band members and are throughout the series. The age of the band members is around 22 and I felt too old reading, I didn’t get all the references. I didn’t find it funny, or steamy. The book takes place largely in the heads of the main characters. It takes place both in the present and 4 years in the past. ...more
Sylvie
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-ez-rat
I enjoyed this book and finding out what Darla and her guys are up to. This book focuses on another member of the band, Sam, and his reuniting with the woman he was in love with in high school. Due to circumstances, he dropped out of Amy’s life and they have just found each other again.

This book had a lot of fun including never quite looking at an iphone again but it had sad points. We find out what happened to Sam and why he wasn’t able to go to prom with Amy.
Ama
Amy’s story starts with great promise. The opening scene hand me chuckling a loud. Darla, Trevor, and Joe make an appearance, as Sam – Amy’s love interest – is in the same band. For the most part, this is an entertaining story.

Amy is about to start graduate school to become a librarian. This is a detail the author got correct. Librarians DO get a Master degree. There is a comment that Amy makes in the story, though, when coupled with the inaccuracy issues from the first novel, had me really won
Ayshla
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Nice story, easy read, moved along well. Just didn't really make me excited to read. I liked Darla and Sam but I think because I didn't love them I found this book not as enjoyable. I think it also lacked a strong storyline threaded throughout. Sams background story is good but it all just pours out in the one place in the book.
EvilAntie Jan
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More to this story.

As infamous as this book has become - it is a story that shows how lover preserves if and I say if it is meant to be- in this case over comes family co-dependency in such a remarkable way. While I will never look at a cellphone without smiling, to underestimate the intensity of the human need to be lived .
Dalila (Dee)
Not as good as the first book and the whole part with the phone was totally over the top. I couldn’t relate to these characters as much or understand some of their choices as well, even though I didn’t dislike them. It was still a fun read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• In Harmony (Fenbrook Academy, #2)
  • Courage (Mark of Nexus, #2)
  • Rocked in the Dark (Rocked, #7)
  • Heartbitten
  • Metal Urge
  • Unraveled
  • Behind the Hood (Behind the Lives, #1)
  • Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #3)
  • Chaotic (Imperfection, #1)
  • The Seduction Hypothesis  (Science of Temptation #2)
  • Blessed Fate (Blessed Tragedy, #2)
  • Sweet Seduction Boxed Set
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Escaping Trouble (Trouble, #2)
  • Before the Storm (Storms of Life, #2)
  • Being Kalli
  • Losing at Love (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #2)
  • Wild Chase (Vengeful Honor, #1)
Start with my free books here: http://www.prosaicpress.com/jkentauth...

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 2 million books, with 4 New York Times bestsellers and more than 18 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in

Random (9 books)
  • Random Acts of Crazy (Random, #1)
  • Random Acts of Fantasy (Random, #3; Invitation to Eden, #2)
  • Random Acts of Hope (Random, #4)
  • Random Acts of Love (Random, #5)
  • Random on Tour: Los Angeles (Random, #6)
  • Merry Random Christmas (Random #7)
  • It's Always Complicated (Her Billionaires #6; Random #8; Obedient #4)
  • Random on Tour: Las Vegas (Random, #9)
“Delusion has a way of becoming part of life when you least expect it, or maybe when you most need it.” 1 likes
“I don't need everything to be right." The air crackled with energy, sparks flying between us. "I need you to be real.” 0 likes