Start by marking “Dark Talisman” as Want to Read:
Dark Talisman

Dark Talisman

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
She's been banished from her home without a word of explanation. Assassins are hot on her tail, and she's fleeing without a plan. On the whole, her future looks pretty grim. Then again, it's nearly impossible to catch a dark elf. And even tougher to kill one.

Meet Altira. She set out to rob a sultan, and ended up stealing the deadliest gem in the world. Her mistake could c
Published October 15th 2013 by Azimuth Books

To ask other readers questions about Dark Talisman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Talisman

Pamela D
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book for free from Wunderkind PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Dark Talisman is a fun, fantasy adventure tale that reads like a Dungeons & Dragons game for those on the young side of the young adult bracket. Unlike most of the fantasy books that I have been reading recently, Dark Talisman is all about the story. There is an exciting action sequence every couple of pages. This book moves at a fast clip
Shane
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
A good start to a lighter fantasy series. It's not of epic proportions like many of the more popular fantasy novels out there, but was a really good read.

You can also read my full review of Dark Talisman on my blog: http://www.novelnaut.com/archives/dark-talisman/
Tamara Dever
Stellar novel with an all-new world of characters and places to discover that are crafted with care and skill. Not just for YA, many adults will be anticipating the next in the series as well!
McKenzie Templeton
Dark Talisman was a deep, dark, delicious fantasy young adult novel with a ferocious story with writing that grabs you and refuses to let go.

Appealing to fans of the Game of Thrones and the Lord of The Rings, this epic fantasy young adult novel centers around elves, dwarves, and the like, all immersed in a deeply woven plot of magic, scandals, betrayal, and redemption. A dark elf must find her way after being banished from her home after stealing an important artifact- the Dark Talisman. The the
Dena (Batch of Books)
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
I had a tremendous amount of difficulty getting into this book, but once I did, I really enjoyed it. I can't decide why I had a hard time at first, because the book is well written and has an interesting and nicely paced plot. Maybe it was because I didn't like the main character, Altira, at the beginning. She came across as grouchy, arrogant, and rude. I found that I liked her more as the book progressed and she began to develop relationships with other people. By the end, she had grown on me a ...more
Wendy Hines
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy reading fantasy, you'll want to make room on your shelves for Dark Talisman. Although I found it very slow in the beginning, I'm very glad that I stuck with it. The pace picks up and by midway through the book I was hard-pressed to put it down.

Altira reminds me of many heroines in urban fantasy books - gritty, determined and full of attitude. It takes awhile to really get to know her and even if I didn't completely love her, I did come to admire her. Booth treats the reader with man
Charles
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An engrossing story with colourful and relatable characters, I found it extremely difficult to put this book down. It's a great read as it really focuses in on the story it's telling without losing the reader. The character development is certainly worth mentioning too, I particularly enjoyed the contrast and growth between Altira and Tyke's relationship.
Briana
Dec 01, 2013 marked it as dnf
Source: Riffle giveaway

Note: Did not finish due to poor writing.
Kim Heimbuch
Review coming soon once posted at its original destination.
Trina
Oct 07, 2016
K
Jan 19, 2017
Ordering Quickly 1 3 Oct 12, 2013 10:45PM
STEVEN M. BOOTH works with artists in the film industry to create some of the most spectacular effects and animation on the silver screen. He has worked as a software developer, programming the production and artist tools used to convert 2D to 3D films, on films such as Transformers 3, The Green Lantern, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Smurfs.

Steven used the intimate knowledge of the world and the
More about Steven M. Booth