Start by marking “After the Rain (Fire and Rain, #2)” as Want to Read:
After the Rain (Fire and Rain, #2)

After the Rain

(Fire and Rain #2)

They’re going to need a bigger tent...

Henri’s list of bad exes is as long as his arm, but nothing prepared him for his latest, heart-stomping breakup. He thought he couldn’t feel more abandoned, until his ride for a group camping trip bails, leaving him stuck driving for hours with a guy who is absolutely not his type.

After breaking up with his girlfriend of five years, fi
Published February 11th 2014 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about After the Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Rain

Start your review of After the Rain (Fire and Rain, #2)
Mandy*reads obsessively*
February 2014 seems too far away for this book, seriously. Way too long a wait.

This book is on sale today and with BOOKLOVE get an extra 30% off for a total of $2.19!

Ok, let me introduce you to wishy-washy Mandy.
This version of me is sort of between I liked it and I didn't. *sigh*
I liked Henri at first, I felt sorry for him and understood he was reeling. But how he treats Logan? I just don't understand being an ass just for the sake of being an ass. Just cause he's hurting doesn't mean he n
Ana_P
I really liked the premise for this book. Logan, a gay firefighter who has never been with a man before, decides to go on a camping trip with some of his friends. There, he meets Henri, who was recently dumped by his asshole of an ex-boyfriend. Logan feels instantly attracted to Henri and wants to be with him, but Henri is reluctant because he still has feelings for his ex (view spoiler).

Most of this book takes place in the wilderness (so,
Kaje Harper
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, light
3.5 rounded up because it was a fast, easy read, with a plot topic that is too often invisible in romance. This book is only very tangentially related to the first book in the series, with little more than cameo appearances by Tomas and Jesse.

Logan is only twenty, a firefighter in the same house as Tomas. He came to the area with his girlfriend, but recently found the certainty and courage to break up and tell her he's gay. When he comes out to Tomas, he's invited on a gay men's camping trip up
Christina Marie
So, we have opposites, a newly-out character, and a weekend camping trip. Bring on the marshmallows! Oh, you want uncomfortable tent sex? Well, there’s a little bit of that too.

Henri is a little bit of a dick at the start, but it’s just his prickly outer layer. He’s snarky, overdramatic, and truly a sweetheart under all the fuss. Logan is a big, corn-fed, Texan softy. Naturally, it’s very much entertaining to watch the two interact when they first meet.

After the Rain is adorable marshmallow flu
Isabel
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, m-m
This book is OK... I actually enjoyed the first one of this series, and I was expecting more from After the Rain...

The plot itself is a little unreal and I didn't felt captivated by the characters.

The cover... I really like the cover!

Karen
Mar 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read
This time around we've got Henri. He's getting over a bad break-up with a douche canoe of a boyfriend but he's cute, he's feisty, he's French Canadian and we Canadians are nothing if not resilient and he's hot. Trust me, I'm Canadian, I've researched this.

We've also got Logan, he's from Texas and as we know everything's bigger and better in Texas, so we're safe assuming he's hot too, he's also sweet, adorable and just finding his way out of the closet.

Along with these two sweet men who each brin
Alvin
This is so much better than the first book!

The way Logan and Henri met was convenient but probable. Their chemistry was hot and they are relatable! You guys know I'm gay, but I had a girlfriend. And when everytime Logan says he can't please his ex, I can relate to it so much. Because that's the way I felt then.

Another reviewer pointed out that there are not much Fireman stuff in From the Ashes, and unfortunately it's the same here.

But this is great. Maybe skip the first book and read this ins
Chris, the Dalek King
Logan knows he’s gay…he just has no clue what to do about it. Hugging the tail-end of twenty years old, he can’t go to bars (legally) and he knows exactly one gay man–-and he is happily shacked up with his boyfriend. Logan has never kissed a man, let alone done any explorations below the belt (except self-reconnaissance, of course), but he figures it is time to give it a whirl. No matter how much he thinks he is going to blow it.

Henri has really rotten taste in men. He knows it, but even he is s
Catherine
Daisy Harris writes exactly the type of books that she loves to read - well-written ones about sweet, relatable characters. No major angst; just a feel-good read that'll make you smile and laugh. In After the Rain, one of the main characters is a firefighting cowboy, gay sex virgin, who saves puppies, and the other is a snarky French-Canadian obsessed with coffee. Of course I loved it. With characters like that, my ovaries never stood a chance!

I will warn people that there is significant emphasi
Annabeth Albert
I beta read this, so I might not be as impartial here, but I love camping books and I love fire fighters and I love virgin heroes so give me a virgin cowboy fire fighter hero stuck in the woods with a mouthy city boy? Made of total win. Logan is just the best kind alpha hero--caretaking heart of gold--and Henri is a great foil for him. They are both on the rebound which is another trope I always like. Oh and tent smex FTW. This is book #2 in the series, but it stands very nicely on its own becau ...more
Helyce
Reviewed here first: http://smexybooks.com/2014/02/review-...

Henri Serre has not made very good choices where the men in his life are concerned. Preston, his boyfriend of about a year, tells Henri that he’s met someone else and in a blink Henri finds himself sleeping on the couch at his best friends studio. When he goes to collect the last of his things from Preston’s apartment, thinking Preston might just ask him to come back, he couldn’t have been more wrong.

Logan has known that he was gay for
Jen Davis
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I think this may be my least favorite Daisy Harris book. One of the reasons I looked forward to this Fire and Rain series was because I hoped we would be moving away from the NA themes of Holsum College into more adult romances. Alas, we are not. And unfortunately that was the least of my problems.

The story follows 20 year-old firefighter Logan, as he embarks on a gay camping trip to find his first boyfriend. He recently broke up with his only lover, a woman, and now he wants to pursue the attra
Cynthia
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
To read my full review, please visit http://onsilverwingz.blogspot.com/201...

2.5 stars rounded up to 3 stars

Henri just broke up with a posh, stuck-up ex-boyfriend that cheats on him. He goes on a camping trip with friends and meets Logan, who's from Texas and new to the gay scene. Or maybe their friends set up them...

This is a very sweet romance about Henri falling for another guy that's not his type. He likes the classy, posh type of men, like his ex boyfriends. He's attracted to Logan but he'
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, romance, request, m-m, 2013
Psst, Daisy Harris has given us a cowboy. She has treated her readers to a cowboy that you are gonna LOVE! Logan is this super sexy and oh so sweet Texan. He’s an interesting mix of strong and dominating, and sweet and innocent. Logan has been living the life of a straight man but he knows he’s gay. He’s not looking to explore possibilities with other men. Logan is trying to figure out how to look for another gay man to be with. All of this with Logan’s personality makes for some great reading. ...more
Serena Yates
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, read-2017
With a couple that is in many ways as unlikely to match as Jesse and Tomas in the first book of this series, the characters, dynamics, and issues in this second volume are still very different. Logan isn’t necessarily afraid of coming out, he just really doesn’t have a reason – until he meets Henri. Henri is out and proud, but he has had some awful experiences with boyfriends, and the most recent has made him swear off relationships. And the fact that these two very different men don’t really hi ...more
Beck
This was a sweet read ... Logan was lovely and although it took me a while to start liking Henri, I ended up rooting for them to reach their HEA ... although this is part of a series, After the Rain can easily be read as a stand-alone which is great ... there is a wee bit of insta-love but given the intensity of their weekend camping, I was happy to go along without too much cynicism ... recommended for lovers of snark and accomplished virgins.
Brooklyn
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brooklyn by: Angi
Shelves: romance-mm
Great camping story! But both guys' mood swings drove me batty! One minute they were all sweet and shy. Then next, pissed off and storming away. Sheesh! This was a fairly low angst story despite the fact that Henri was dealing with potential STD. Very sweet. I'm seriously becoming a big fan of Daisy Harris
The Bursting Bookshelf of a Wallflower
This was a very sweet read, I loved the MC's and the sexual tension between them. I have to say that I didn't always understand their behaviour, but I still liked the story very much. It would be great to read more about these two! 4 stars!
Margaret Foxe
So much better than the first in this series. Extremely sexy, totally emotional. Loved these two MCs, really rooted for their HEA. Can't wait for the next in this series.
Liza
Henri has put up with enough horrible exes, but the chance of an STI is too much to bear. Fireman Logan has been living a lie with his girlfriend, finally admitting to her that he's gay. Mutual friends put them together on a camping trip to Canada and sparks flew from the first moment. I loved how Logan didn't shy away from Henri, even knowing the possibilities, instead using his medical knowledge as an EMT to do research and try and reassure Henri without minimizing his feelings. I would have l ...more
Ricardo
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m so disappointed with this instalment in the series. I really liked the first one but this one felt too clinical and contrived. It did not help that I thought Henri was a total douche and that I totally didn’t buy into the whole “Logan is innocent” act. There were some cute and funny moments but overall it was mostly boring
FV Angela
Review originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-rain-d...

Before I get into my review I just want give a cyber high five to whomever designs the beautiful covers for this series. They make my inner cover whore jump for joy every time I see them.

The second book in Daisy Harris’s Fire and Rain series tells the story of Henri and Logan. If you haven’t read the first book in this series, From the Ashes, Henri is Jesse’s friend and co-worker. He’s a sarcastic city boy with bad taste in men,
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-good-read, whit, samhain
4 Stars
A "Live Your Life, Buy The Book" Review

I really liked this book. It’s the second in the series but follows a different couple, so could be read as a stand alone without missing out on too much. I loved both MCs in this one. Henri was superficially heartbroken and in a scary situation that causes conflict and sexual tension in the story. Logan is finally admitting to himself he’s gay and looking forward to exploring that for the first time in his life. Both men seem to be at an transitiona
Ro
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

4.25 Ahhh, Henri. He of the fabulous clothes and horrible boyfriends. His latest horrible boyfriend, Preston, has not only cheated but also possibly gifted Henri with herpes. Preston is unrepentant and obnoxious. He’s also the most selfish person ever, knowing his new guy had herpes and not caring enough to keep Henri out of it. Leaving doesn’t help Henri deal with the fear of what he may have contracted. He’s temporarily staying with his friend, Michael, but t
Secretly Reading
Oct 17, 2013 rated it liked it

AFTER THE RAIN is a good follow up to a stellar book one. The characters are authentic and their romance compelling. I also loved the setting of a rainy camping trip in the Pacific Northwest.

Logan is finally ready to act on his gay attractions but he never thought French-Canadian Henri would push his buttons quite like he does. Henri is tired of having bad boyfriends and his last left him fearing intimacy. When Logan and Henri get roped into being tent-mates on a camping trip, they won
Duck
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked this. After The Rain is one of those fast, easy, "no major angst" reads.

I didn't rate higher for a few reasons:

*The constant references to the ex became a bit redundant. "Soleil didn't feel like this" Soleil didn't, Soleil didn't. Okay I get it already! Point made, move on.

*Instalove. I am not always against Instalove; it can be fun if done well. I just don't know if I felt the chemistry between the MCs was enough to warrant it.

*Definitely a few stereotypes going on here. The tall, hu
starsaga
Not great.
I took a chance with the earlier book in this series, and now with this one. Will stop here and not read anymore of these books. They feel underdeveloped and truncated. Part of this is because they are short stories but even so something about the characters and the writing seems as if they were written in a hurry. Also it does not help that the last 15 or more pages of this book were not part of the story. This is something I don't like about books, especially short ones and especiall
Natalie
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
There's nothing overtly wrong with this book, exactly. I just felt a lack of chemistry with the story and a lack of chemistry between the characters. I love stories where characters are put in situations of forced intimacy, so I liked the camping trip/sharing a tent plot. Unfortunately, it all felt a bit flat.
Eli Easton
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really loving this so far.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Giving Chase (Havenwood #1)
  • Murphy's Law (Havenwood #2)
  • Scorpio Hates Virgo (Signs of Love, #2)
  • Hard Knox (Havenwood #3)
  • Drawn In (The Family Jules, #1)
  • Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform, #7)
  • Throwing Hearts
  • Say You’ll Be Nine (Say You'll Be Nine, #1)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Shadow and Light (Arizona Raptors, #3)
  • Across the Pond (Arizona Raptors #2)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • Squared Away (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Coast to Coast (Arizona Raptors #1)
  • Fakers (Licking Thicket, #1)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • The Trouble With Tony (Sex in Seattle, #1)
Retired party girl and science fiction enthusiast, Daisy Harris spends most of her time writing sexy romance and plotting the fall of Western civilization. Her books can be found on Amazon, Nook, and wherever else fine erotic romance is sold.

Ms. Harris lives in Seattle, where she tortures her husband by making it rain. She enjoys watching bridges cause traffic, watching football games cause traffi

Fire and Rain (5 books)
  • From the Ashes (Fire and Rain, #1)
  • Nothing But Smoke (Fire and Rain, #3)
  • November Rain (Fire and Rain, #4)
  • Ghost in the Flames (Fire and Rain, #5)