Start by marking “Chronicle (Books of Eva, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Chronicle (Books of Eva, #0.5)

Chronicle

(Books of Eva 0.5)

This is our second—and last—chance. Thanks to the Gods, and thanks to the Testing.

Each year, the finest Gallants in New North embark on the Testing, a harrowing rite of passage through the frozen wastelands to recover Relics, artifacts from the evil time before the Healing. About these Relics the Testors construct their Chronicles, illustrating mankind’s depravity, his
Published August 13th 2013 by Soho Teen (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Chronicle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chronicle

Start your review of Chronicle (Books of Eva, #0.5)
Ashley Ferguson
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Find this review and more at The A P Book Club

I think this story has a really exciting premise. The description opens up so many questions - what caused the Healing to be necessary? What did the Healing entail? Why did this particular rite of passage come to be, and why is it so important that the Testors write these Chronicles? It makes me really excited for this series, because I already want to know so much!

Unfortunately, I think this story bites off a little more than it can chew. A lot of
Abigail Singer
This is a brief introduction excerpt for the book "Relic," which I enjoyed immensely. As a promotional piece, which I'm sure it's meant to be to hype up "Relic" before it's release, it does a good job of that. However, only a small sliver of this ebook is actually new material, and majority of it is just the first few chapters of "Relic." So if you're trying to decide to read "Relic," (which I highly recommend that you do because it's awesome!) and you're not sure if you want to, you should give ...more
Tammy
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: free, own-on-kindle
I have Relic to read and I saw that available on my kindle was a free prequel to read before I read Relic. Without starting Relic yet I'm not sure how much information this gives you that is relevant but you are introduced to a couple of characters and get an idea of the world they are living in. Only about 25% of this story is Chronicle, after that is the first part of Relic. So this might be a good freebie to read to see if Relic would be the book for you.
Krys
I found this to be dull. It's suplimentary and reads very much like textbook exerpts. Even the diary portion, which was probably the most "thrilling" part of the e-book, was unerwhelming.
Meredith
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Stay tuned...review to follow!
Karen
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This really could have been added to Relic as a prologue. It is very short and worth reading since it provides some good insight into the social structure and beliefs of the people of the New North.
Sandy Smith
Apr 11, 2014
Silea
Mar 07, 2014

• Geek Love
Heather Terrell is a lawyer with more than ten years' experience as a litigator at two of the country's premier law firms and for Fortune 500 companies. She is a magna cum laude graduate of Boston College with a focus in History and Art History, and a cum laude graduate of the Boston University School of Law. She lives in Pittsburgh with her family.
Heather is the author of The Chrysalis and The

Books of Eva (2 books)
  • Relic (Books of Eva, #1)
  • Boundary (Books of Eva, #2)