Start by marking “Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)

Hope Ignites

(Hope #2)

Logan McCormack likes his isolated life on the ranch, until a movie crew starts filming there. When actress Desiree Jenkins blows into his life, she wrecks it harder than the Oklahoma winds with her brutal honesty and soft touch. Des knows this is a temporary stay, but she loves the open freedom of the land, and for the first time in her life, Des feels like she might have ...more
Published March 25th 2014 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Hope Ignites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope Ignites

♥Rachel♥
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
Hope Ignites is the second story in the Hope series, and like the first one, it’s a winning combination of romance, small town charm, and characters that burrow into your heart. Hope Ignites centers on Logan, Luke’s (from the first book) oldest brother.

Logan has rented out a portion of his forty-five thousand acre cattle ranch to a movie shoot. Logan could care less about movies or stars and so when he runs into Desiree, the gorgeous Hollywood actress starring in the film, he doesn’t go out of
Syndi
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DnF

The blurb says logan is a loner. But based on the story, character development and character interaction, logan is more dumb mute who speaks 1 sentence or 1 word. I think miss Burton trying to conveys logan as a loner and execute it poorly.

Even a loner can be portrays as a smart wise loner. Just have to find more in depth 1 sentence. And Des is a very confusing character. Why she interested in Logan?? Just pure sex? Then do we have to spend long chapters on touring the small town and at the
Jonetta
Desiree Jenkins is a famous actress shooting her latest film on location at Logan McCormack's ranch in Hope, Oklahoma. They come from different worlds but she's wildly attracted to this loner. Her honesty and directness hooks him but Logan keeps holding back, emotionally crippled by his parents' failed relationship.

Desiree is a pretty wonderful character who's smart, talented and unafraid to speak her mind when it matters. Logan has forged a lonely, solitary existence that's disrupted when Desi
Pam Nelson
Awe I thought this book was sweet, and just the right kind of romance.
Desiree is an actress and she happens to find herself on Logan’s ranch for filming. When she meets him its sweet she sees he isn’t really interested in what she does but income is income and his kitchen worker Martha is a diehard fan.

I loved the relationship Logan has with Martha she is the mother figure he needed. It is so sweet and I love that she treats him like family.

Desiree’s character is awesome, I like that she was
Paige
Feb 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books
HOPE IGNITES was more enjoyable for me. I really liked Logan and Desiree. There is something about the famous actor/actress that finds escape in the peace of a ranch that appeals to me.

***Details***

Logan knew he was crazy for renting his ranch to a movie company, but that was only confirmed when he met leading actress, Desiree Jenkins. One look at her and he knew she was trouble and that was before he met her bold declarations and her down-home appeal.

Desiree and her costar Colt are as close a
Jacky Faber
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought the novel was boring. There was very little plot and I found Dese irritating. If a man said the things she did to Logan when they barely knew each other, you'd think the guy was a jerk.

I also couldn't believe Logan's ranch was 45,000 acres yet he was not a cattle baron, but a simple cattle rancher who lived a simple life. But the issue that I didn't buy at all was how Logan was totally accepting of Cole being gay and thought people should love whoever they wanted. Yea, right, this catt
Julie James
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My first foray into Jaci Burton's Hope series, and I loved it. Thought the heroine was great, liked her chemistry with the hero, and loved the descriptions of ranching life. I've found my new comfort read series--now I need to go back and read the first book.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
In HOPE IGNITES, the second installment to the Hope series, Jaci Burton pairs a somewhat grouchy rancher and a sweet and endearing actress together to make a heartfelt romance that readers will adore!

Logan McCormack isn't the kind of man to be starstruck. However, when he rents out his farm property for a couple of months so that a Hollywood movie can be made, he doesn't ever expect to be taken by the lead actress, Desiree Jenkins.

There's something special about Des. For one, she isn't caught up
Pete
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hope Ignites is book 2 of the Hope series by Jaci Burton . This book resonated with me from the former Oklahoma ranch owner’s perspective. I could immediately relate to the monstrous differences in life styles which eventually come together.

While Logan was a jerk not needing a life mate, he eventually found that people are just people on different paths, maybe unfamiliar to them, and can be rationalized and recognized as good as theirs. Blinders often get in the way until they are removed.

Th
Laura Johnson
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Don't know about this series. These two stories with in this series have been a bit of a let down. I want to connect with these characters but they are all boring. Sorry, I'm just not a fan. However, I do love Ms. Burton's Play by Play series though:)
Marulett
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nothing better than a moody cowboy to brighten my day :)
Samantha (WLABB)
This is more like it. I had read the novella and book 1, which were both fine reads, 3-stars, but I liked this one so much more. I don't know if it was the setting on the ranch or the inner turmoil that Logan was dealing with or just the dynamic between this rancher and the Hollywood starlet, but I loved it. Des and Logan had great chemistry, but I also really enjoyed the connection they had that was not sexual. They were able to open up to each and share things that they had not shared with oth ...more
Susan
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Logan has rented part of his ranch to a movie studio so they can film on it. He's not really interested in what they are doing until he meets Desiree, the female lead in the movie. He's attracted to her, but their lifestyles are worlds apart and he doesn't plan to get involved with her. But Desiree is just as attracted and has no trouble letting him know about it.

Logan is a loner. He has his family and a few close friends and that's the way he likes it. He doesn't particularly c
Barb Lie
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hope Ignites is the 2nd book in Jaci Burton’s Hope series. I loved the first book in this series, Hope Flames and couldn’t wait to read this book. I have to say after reading Hope Ignites, that Jaci Burton is quickly rising on my must read list. This was a wonderful book, and a fabulous couple. Logan is our hero, as we met him in the first book, being Luke’s brother. Logan is not interested in anything but taking care of his ranch. He is not interested in woman or relationships, other than a one ...more
Anna's Herding Cats
Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

>>>>If I was gonna fan girl over someone...it'd so be Jaci Burton. Damn but the woman can write a melt you down to your toes romance that'll make you swoon a little, sigh a little and totally fall in love. And Hope Ignites was no exception to the rule. Burton totally rocked it once again.

>>>>The storyline was so fun! Despite being a bit of a loner Logan's agreed to let a production company film part of a movie on his ranch and
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

We are back in the small town of Hope and this is one I was looking forward to read. Luke’s older brother, Logan, came across as the epitome of tall, dark and silent. Silent and a bit broody. And I LOVE to see those types of heroes fall, and fall hard. And what a better way to bring him to his knees that with a Hollywood actress for a heroine?

I love the variety of storylines we get in the Hope series. From a cop/vet to a rancher/movie star. Worlds apart. The one constant thing throughout this s
Jo
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr2015, 4-stars, mine

When I started this book, I honestly did not expect to like it. Logan was a big jerk to Des in the beginning, and I just couldn’t see myself liking him enough to appreciate the romance.

Luckily I was very wrong, and as the book progressed and Logan slowly started to relax around Des and just be himself, I loved him. Yes, he was still sometimes an ass, as he found it very hard to trust in Des, and trust in what they could have, but boy was he good at groveling. I was hoping for these two’s HEA,

Missy
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
What chemistry! What passion!

Passionate sparks ignite when Logan and Des meet. Des is longing to find peace away from the movie star rat race and finds it on Logan's ranch during a movie shot. Logan finds THE WOMAN but fears his life and ranch will be too dull. Des needs to be determined in claiming Logan. He tries to resist her to protect his heart. But their chemistry is just too strong to be denied.

Hot read!!!!! Des was strong, determined, nice, and pretty. Logan was tough, sexy, charming, a
Jo Ann
*3.5* After loving the first two books in the series, this one was a bit of a let down. I didn't feel the connection between Logan and Des, and their story felt kind of clunky. I did enjoy the scenes between the side characters (especially the girls night out). Really looking forward to Molly and Carter's story - please, please, please let it be as good at the first two books.
Carol
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed learning more about the movie industry and ranching. The co-star's sub plot was timely and effective. But I thought the ending was wrapped up a bit conveniently. Still a very pleasant read.
Melanie
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Süß, sexy und witzig - movie star meets rancher.
Allyson ☘️
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Huge fan of Jaci and she did not disappoint on this one!
I've already got my countdown going for Hope Burns!

Reread June 2017: still in love with Hope and all the people in it. ❤
Witchmetal
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. There was nothing wrong with this book but with no real plot or twists it wasn't very interesting.
Marlene
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This group review was originally published at The Book Pushers

Thoughts on Heroine

MinnChica: I really liked Desiree. I thought she was totally down to earth and likeable as a heroine. The problems she faced as a star were not glossed over, and I liked the extra dimension it added to the story, even though this book wasn’t as “Hollywood” as I had hoped. There were a few times throughout the story that I thought Des let Logan treat her like crap, so when she finally stood up for herself toward the
Jordana Bastos
Feb 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Spoilers. Spoilers.

WTF. I don't understand how this book has so many good views. He was a jerk. And she was a doormat. Logan spent the ENTIRE book being an ass with Des, and she accepted. The few times he wasn't being an ass, were when he was fucking her, only because he wouldn't talk much. Even at the end when he was a jerk. AGAIN. And they broke up. AGAIN. and he went after her.(For the first time, because every time he was a jerk, she would be the one to go after him) I couldn't care less ab
Anca
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5*
See my review for Hope Flames, that goes for all the books in this series ;)
Sophia
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A hardworking rancher allows a movie company on his ranch and the actress is determined to break through his indifference in this easy flowing opposites attract romance. I read the first book and enjoyed the setting, pace, development and characters so I was delighted to pick up this second book featuring the brother of the hero from book one. They follow each other well, but could be read out of order in a pinch.

The story begins with Logan McCormack allowing a production company to make a movie
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

Book two in the Hope series introduces us to a stubborn sexy cowboy and one feisty flirty movie star. When their worlds collide, Ms. Burton grants her readers a fast-paced romance that is full of passion, excitement and a beautiful love that is worth fighting for.
We first met Logan in Hope Flames. He is a standoffish brooding rancher and brother to the small town sheriff, Luke McCormack. Not much has changed in his life until he agree
Stephanie
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Original Post March 17, 2013: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/201...

Where the Wind Comes Sweeping Down the Plains! HOPE IGNITES

E-Galley provided by publisher via Net Galley. No remuneration was exchanged and except as noted all opinions presented herein are my own.

This is the second book I’ve read by Jaci Burton – begun about three minutes after I finished the first in this series, HOPE FLAMES (Review) Here’s my favorite book quote so far this year. It gave me more than enough reason to love D
Book Covers 1 19 Apr 25, 2014 11:01PM

• For the Longest Time (Harvest Cove, #1)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Branded (The Cavanaugh Brothers, #1)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • Perfect Together (Serendipity's Finest, #3)
  • Rewarded (Torn Between Two Lovers #3)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • The Last Cowboy in Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #7)
  • Dash of Peril (Love Undercover, #4)
  • Baby, It's You (Rainbow Valley, #2)
  • High Seduction (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #3)
  • Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7)
  • Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3)
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6)
  • Long For Me (Secrets & Shadows, #0.7)
  • What a Woman Wants (Manley Maids, #1)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more

Hope (8 books)
  • Hope Flames (Hope, #1)
  • Hope Burns (Hope, #3)
  • Love After All (Hope, #4)
  • Make Me Stay (Hope, #5)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • Love Me Again (Hope, #7)
  • One Perfect Kiss (Hope, #8)