Start by marking “Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)

Hope Ignites (Hope #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  3,965 Ratings  ·  325 Reviews
Logan McCormack likes his isolated life on the ranch, until a movie crew starts filming there. When actress Desiree Jenkins blows into his life, she wrecks it harder than the Oklahoma winds with her brutal honesty and soft touch. Des knows this is a temporary stay, but she loves the open freedom of the land, and for the first time in her life, Des feels like she might have ...more
Published March 25th 2014 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Hope Ignites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope Ignites

♥Rachel♥
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
Hope Ignites is the second story in the Hope series, and like the first one, it’s a winning combination of romance, small town charm, and characters that burrow into your heart. Hope Ignites centers on Logan, Luke’s (from the first book) oldest brother.

Logan has rented out a portion of his forty-five thousand acre cattle ranch to a movie shoot. Logan could care less about movies or stars and so when he runs into Desiree, the gorgeous Hollywood actress starring in the film, he doesn’t go out of
Jonetta
Desiree Jenkins is a famous actress shooting her latest film on location at Logan McCormack's ranch in Hope, Oklahoma. They come from different worlds but she's wildly attracted to this loner. Her honesty and directness hooks him but Logan keeps holding back, emotionally crippled by his parents' failed relationship.

Desiree is a pretty wonderful character who's smart, talented and unafraid to speak her mind when it matters. Logan has forged a lonely, solitary existence that's disrupted when Desi
Paige
Feb 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-books
HOPE IGNITES was more enjoyable for me. I really liked Logan and Desiree. There is something about the famous actor/actress that finds escape in the peace of a ranch that appeals to me.

***Details***

Logan knew he was crazy for renting his ranch to a movie company, but that was only confirmed when he met leading actress, Desiree Jenkins. One look at her and he knew she was trouble and that was before he met her bold declarations and her down-home appeal.

Desiree and her costar Colt are as close a
Julie James
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My first foray into Jaci Burton's Hope series, and I loved it. Thought the heroine was great, liked her chemistry with the hero, and loved the descriptions of ranching life. I've found my new comfort read series--now I need to go back and read the first book.
Jacky Faber
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I thought the novel was boring. There was very little plot and I found Dese irritating. If a man said the things she did to Logan when they barely knew each other, you'd think the guy was a jerk.

I also couldn't believe Logan's ranch was 45,000 acres yet he was not a cattle baron, but a simple cattle rancher who lived a simple life. But the issue that I didn't buy at all was how Logan was totally accepting of Cole being gay and thought people should love whoever they wanted. Yea, right, this catt
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
In HOPE IGNITES, the second installment to the Hope series, Jaci Burton pairs a somewhat grouchy rancher and a sweet and endearing actress together to make a heartfelt romance that readers will adore!

Logan McCormack isn't the kind of man to be starstruck. However, when he rents out his farm property for a couple of months so that a Hollywood movie can be made, he doesn't ever expect to be taken by the lead actress, Desiree Jenkins.

There's something special about Des. For one, she isn't caught up
Laura Johnson
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Don't know about this series. These two stories with in this series have been a bit of a let down. I want to connect with these characters but they are all boring. Sorry, I'm just not a fan. However, I do love Ms. Burton's Play by Play series though:)
Marulett
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nothing better than a moody cowboy to brighten my day :)
Sam Kozbial
This is more like it. I had read the novella and book 1, which were both fine reads, 3-stars, but I liked this one so much more. I don't know if it was the setting on the ranch or the inner turmoil that Logan was dealing with or just the dynamic between this rancher and the Hollywood starlet, but I loved it. Des and Logan had great chemistry, but I also really enjoyed the connection they had that was not sexual. They were able to open up to each and share things that they had not shared with oth ...more
Susan
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Logan has rented part of his ranch to a movie studio so they can film on it. He's not really interested in what they are doing until he meets Desiree, the female lead in the movie. He's attracted to her, but their lifestyles are worlds apart and he doesn't plan to get involved with her. But Desiree is just as attracted and has no trouble letting him know about it.

Logan is a loner. He has his family and a few close friends and that's the way he likes it. He doesn't particularly c
Barb Lie
Mar 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hope Ignites is the 2nd book in Jaci Burton’s Hope series. I loved the first book in this series, Hope Flames and couldn’t wait to read this book. I have to say after reading Hope Ignites, that Jaci Burton is quickly rising on my must read list. This was a wonderful book, and a fabulous couple. Logan is our hero, as we met him in the first book, being Luke’s brother. Logan is not interested in anything but taking care of his ranch. He is not interested in woman or relationships, other than a one ...more
Anna's Herding Cats
Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.

>>>>If I was gonna fan girl over someone...it'd so be Jaci Burton. Damn but the woman can write a melt you down to your toes romance that'll make you swoon a little, sigh a little and totally fall in love. And Hope Ignites was no exception to the rule. Burton totally rocked it once again.

>>>>The storyline was so fun! Despite being a bit of a loner Logan's agreed to let a production company film part of a movie on his ranch and
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

We are back in the small town of Hope and this is one I was looking forward to read. Luke’s older brother, Logan, came across as the epitome of tall, dark and silent. Silent and a bit broody. And I LOVE to see those types of heroes fall, and fall hard. And what a better way to bring him to his knees that with a Hollywood actress for a heroine?

I love the variety of storylines we get in the Hope series. From a cop/vet to a rancher/movie star. Worlds apart. The one constant thing throughout this s
Jo
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mine, 4-stars, gr2015

When I started this book, I honestly did not expect to like it. Logan was a big jerk to Des in the beginning, and I just couldn’t see myself liking him enough to appreciate the romance.

Luckily I was very wrong, and as the book progressed and Logan slowly started to relax around Des and just be himself, I loved him. Yes, he was still sometimes an ass, as he found it very hard to trust in Des, and trust in what they could have, but boy was he good at groveling. I was hoping for these two’s HEA,

Missy
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
What chemistry! What passion!

Passionate sparks ignite when Logan and Des meet. Des is longing to find peace away from the movie star rat race and finds it on Logan's ranch during a movie shot. Logan finds THE WOMAN but fears his life and ranch will be too dull. Des needs to be determined in claiming Logan. He tries to resist her to protect his heart. But their chemistry is just too strong to be denied.

Hot read!!!!! Des was strong, determined, nice, and pretty. Logan was tough, sexy, charming, a
Jo Ann
*3.5* After loving the first two books in the series, this one was a bit of a let down. I didn't feel the connection between Logan and Des, and their story felt kind of clunky. I did enjoy the scenes between the side characters (especially the girls night out). Really looking forward to Molly and Carter's story - please, please, please let it be as good at the first two books.
Carol
Aug 15, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed learning more about the movie industry and ranching. The co-star's sub plot was timely and effective. But I thought the ending was wrapped up a bit conveniently. Still a very pleasant read.
Melanie S.
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Süß, sexy und witzig - movie star meets rancher.
Allyson
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Huge fan of Jaci and she did not disappoint on this one!
I've already got my countdown going for Hope Burns!

Reread June 2017: still in love with Hope and all the people in it. ❤
Witchmetal
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. There was nothing wrong with this book but with no real plot or twists it wasn't very interesting.
Marlene
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This group review was originally published at The Book Pushers

Thoughts on Heroine

MinnChica: I really liked Desiree. I thought she was totally down to earth and likeable as a heroine. The problems she faced as a star were not glossed over, and I liked the extra dimension it added to the story, even though this book wasn’t as “Hollywood” as I had hoped. There were a few times throughout the story that I thought Des let Logan treat her like crap, so when she finally stood up for herself toward the
Anca
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5*
See my review for Hope Flames, that goes for all the books in this series ;)
Sophia
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A hardworking rancher allows a movie company on his ranch and the actress is determined to break through his indifference in this easy flowing opposites attract romance. I read the first book and enjoyed the setting, pace, development and characters so I was delighted to pick up this second book featuring the brother of the hero from book one. They follow each other well, but could be read out of order in a pinch.

The story begins with Logan McCormack allowing a production company to make a movie
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 STARS

Book two in the Hope series introduces us to a stubborn sexy cowboy and one feisty flirty movie star. When their worlds collide, Ms. Burton grants her readers a fast-paced romance that is full of passion, excitement and a beautiful love that is worth fighting for.
We first met Logan in Hope Flames. He is a standoffish brooding rancher and brother to the small town sheriff, Luke McCormack. Not much has changed in his life until he agree
Stephanie
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Original Post March 17, 2013: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/201...

Where the Wind Comes Sweeping Down the Plains! HOPE IGNITES

E-Galley provided by publisher via Net Galley. No remuneration was exchanged and except as noted all opinions presented herein are my own.

This is the second book I’ve read by Jaci Burton – begun about three minutes after I finished the first in this series, HOPE FLAMES (Review) Here’s my favorite book quote so far this year. It gave me more than enough reason to love D
Connie N.
#2 Hope romance series

We met Logan in the first book since he's Luke's mysteriously sexy brother who runs the family's ranch. He's the strong silent type who keeps to himself and doesn't want a relationship. But he can't help but be attracted to the gorgeous actress, Desiree Jenkins, who comes to the ranch as part of the crew who are filming a scifi movie there. She's strong, confident, and asks for what she wants, and she wants Logan. He loves her, but he keeps holding back, especially when he
Holly
I have a small girl crush on Des. She was awesome. She was upfront and honest. She wasn't afraid to put herself out there. She didn't play games or cause drama. Even when Logan was acting the ass she called him on it then walked away, no hysterics, no drama. She felt a bit unsettled about what she wanted for her future, but she was confident in herself and not afraid to work for what she wanted.

Logan acted the ass for most of the book. He wanted Des, but didn't want to want her. He let his mothe
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Jaci Burton's writing in her Play-by-Play series of novels, and jumped at the chance to see if her romance wielding magic extended to a non-sports-themed novel. It absolutely did. I read Hope Ignites without having read the first of the Hope series, but I didn't feel lost at all. Ms. Burton nailed the strong, brooding-hero in Logan - and although he makes a couple of poor decisions along the way, his motivations are understandable and he owns up to his mistakes. He really mak ...more
Sheri
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Logan McCormack is a grumpy hero, one of my favorite kinds. He enjoys his solitude and isn’t looking for a relationship and certainly not someone like Desiree Jenkins who just screams city.

I really do love the grumpy heroes they always fall the hardest. Logan is a great hero, because while he is totally grumpy and totally messes up a lot, at his core he’s a great man. He’s kind, and even sweet below that gruff exterior.

Desiree Jenkins is the kind of heroine who just doesn’t take no fo
Book Covers 1 19 Apr 25, 2014 11:01PM
  • For the Longest Time (Harvest Cove, #1)
  • Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5)
  • Hillbilly Rockstar (Blacktop Cowboys, #6)
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Baby, It's You (Rainbow Valley, #2)
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Full Throttle (Fast Track, #7)
  • What a Woman Wants (Manley Maids, #1)
  • Sweet Talk Me
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
  • Keep Me Closer (Dangerous Tides, #2)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Dash of Peril (Love Undercover, #4)
  • Once Tasted (Silver Creek, #2)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Rebel (Six Pack Ranch #5; Rocky Mountain House #5)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more
More about Jaci Burton...

Hope (7 books)
  • Hope Flames (Hope, #1)
  • Hope Burns (Hope, #3)
  • Love After All (Hope, #4)
  • Make Me Stay (Hope, #5)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • Love Me Again (Hope, #7)