Start by marking “The Grrrl of Limberlost (Rain City Comedy of Manners)” as Want to Read:
The Grrrl of Limberlost (Rain City Comedy of Manners)

The Grrrl of Limberlost

(Rain City Comedy of Manners #1)

Samsara Byron is back in Seattle, working to save the world.

A murder in a Seattle coffee house. A murder on her father’s decaying boat dock on Puget Sound. All of this has nothing to do with Sam, she insists. She’s heroically fending off a criminal attack on the world’s cyber infrastructure—if she could only get anyone to answer the phone on Christmas day.

After escaping e
Published September 8th 2013 by Jugum Press (first published August 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Grrrl of Limberlost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grrrl of Limberlost

Start your review of The Grrrl of Limberlost (Rain City Comedy of Manners)
Liz Dahl
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Sam is such a bad ass character. I love her and her Clash t-shirt. I liked Matt, too. Nicky, I was ambiguous toward, but I think he's designed that way. I'll do a more comprehensive review later but I'm excited to start on Nine Volt Heart, the next in the series.

Full disclosure: the author of this book is my friend's mother. I might be biased a little, but it's such a fun read, I think anyone who enjoys techno-thrillers would enjoy this.
Ariana
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I was independently wealthy, I would pay Annie Pearson to write just for me (and a few select other people). I have yet to be disappointed by the stories that come from her mind and just wish that she could write more quickly. The dialog between characters is so very real and believable, that you almost forget that you are reading a piece of fiction and not eavesdropping on someone's conversation.

I look forward to reading more books by this exceedingly talented author!
Hayley
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Well this book was certainly something different. It took me a little while to get into the book because for a while you're having to maintain three separate storylines in your head but it gets easier to read when you can begin to see the links between the characters as their stories cross over though many things don't become entirely clear until the end and even then you're left assuming that you're right as not everything is written down in black and white.

I would recommend this to a person w
Mary
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have some really mixed feelings about this book. I loved the main characters, Sam and Matt and Matt's family, but with the rest of the characters I always felt like I was missing something, was maybe a step behind somehow. As other reviewers have stated, the book is hard to get into. I kept track. I was lost until 22% into my Kindle. The story was told from one of three characters, back and forth, so by the time I felt I was getting comfortable with the background of one character, the story w ...more
Debbie
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from Net Galley in exchange for a review.

I had a hard time getting into this book. It is written from The point of view of three different people. However, once I figured out how everyone was connected, it was actually a pretty good read. The characters were well developed and the plot had a LOT of twists.

The quirky supporting characters gave me a few laughs and the love story wasn't all erotic. It was more like the characters were actually telling what they felt as o
Kai
Oct 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, net-gallery
The Grrrl of Limberlost by Annie Pearson reminds me of Pulp Fiction. There are like three POV. Bits and pieces are shown but in order to solve the mystery, the readers really need to follow the story. The story has a gangster, a computer programmer, and a victim from a shooting. I just didn't see that sudden twist in the story until I was reading the revelation. Great story for a puzzler solver and a mystery follower.

I was given this ebook by the publisher via Net Galley. My opinion are my own a
Purple
I was very disappointed by this story.
It seems that the author is in her own world with this book, she knows all the mysteries but doesn't like to share. When I began to understand the deal with all the mess I lost interest. The story and the characters are all over the place. I couldn't wait to finish it. Eventually my eyes dropped and went to take a nap. I'm usually to annoyed to even consider to take a mind break ;-) but the story was flat and barely there that my emotional investment was nil
Julie
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me a couple,of chapters to get into the flow of the story but after the first two chapters the story took off on its own and although you have different story's going on through out the book they all tie in at the end do the book . Great read looking forward to reading more from this author.
patrick Lorelli
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
A fast paced book with different story lines that all connect at the end. It works to. The author does a good job with the characters and how they all come together. The story line about computers and codes works. She makes you feel like it is easy to follow. I really enjoyed this bookand I think most people will as well.
Chinook
This was okay. It took me something like a third of the book to really see what was going on - if I didn't have such long stretches of reading time right now and an anal need to finish all books started, I might have given up. But I did come to be interested enough in the main characters to enjoy the rest of the book.
Heather Bennett
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are 3 different points of view, which can make it a little tough to read. The book is well written and the characters are well developed. The story is had lots of twists and turns.This story is overall a good read.
Marissa
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, Thanks for the chance to read!! Was on the edge of my seat through-out this lovely book! Looking forward to future books, xo.
Lyndsey Aaron
Chas Gilbert
Teresa
Kimberly
Aug 20, 2013
I grew up in Oregon. When I was at school in Ashland, in our free-living days, people said, “Freedom of the press belongs to those who own the presses.” I collaborated with poets, physicists, and mad Promethean professors to publish broadsides, pamphlets, and monographs—starting with mimeograph machines and moving to new quick-copy services.

Forced to flee Ashland as an economic refugee, I settled

Rain City Comedy of Manners (3 books)
  • Artemis in the Desert