Start by marking “Out for Blood” as Want to Read:
Out for Blood

Out for Blood

National Revealer’s Clark Kelly carved out his killer career as Hollywood’s most-feared gossip columnist by exploiting mankind’s most ancient vulnerability:

“Everyone’s got a secret…and someone’s dying to tell it!”

Clark never reveals his to-die-for secret!

NEWS FLASH:

Dude’s a vampire!

CUE SCARY MUSIC …our undead gossip guru flies the night skies to spy on Hollywood’s hottest
Published October 31st 2013 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Out for Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out for Blood

Tori Tee
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lilylovesindie
Firstly, I want to thank TWCS and Mike Walker for sending me this book because I flipping LOVED it! I honestly have not read a book so engaging in quite a while, so huge thanks! I'm likely to gush a lot whilst reviewing this, so I'll give you a brief over view now before going into a tad more detail but seriously this book is funny, touching, incredibly engaging, a fabulously fresh take on vampires and impossibly difficult to put down!

So let's pick up on some of those points, and I think the thi
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-edits
Back when I was a journalist, I was often called a vulture by the local police chief, so I can totally relate to a vampire gossip columnist! Mike Walker knows all about gossip, and in this book he combines his columnist's knowledge with a huge dose of satire to create Clark Kelly, vampire gossip king. It's not just a satire, though. Walker weaves a love story and elements of a thriller into the debaucherous tale to make it a satisfying read. I also love the cover to pieces. Guaranteed to give yo ...more
Jennifer Pedroza
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mike Walker has an amazing gift. He has taken the world of our favorite "sexy vampires" and turned it on its heel. There were times I was believing that vampires were real, and hiding in Hollywood.

This book has it all: Sex, Hot Guys, Vampires, Hollywood Gossip, a sexy heroine and a great story...did I mention hot guys?

With just enough humor, romance, action, thrills, and drama to satisfy any reader, this is a book you'll want to TAKE A BITE OUT OF!!!

(as Clark Kelly says, "Pun Intended")

Get rea
Ivyd
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Meet Clark Kelly, The Revealer’s feared gossip columnist who also happens to be a vampire. Any true student of history knows that gossip is news and gossip becomes history. Gossip leads Clark to murder, plots against Hollywood’s brightest young starlet, animal cruelty, and a killer new drug from South America. Can Clark save those who need it and ensure justice for all?

Are you a fan of Fright Night (first one only), Love at First Bite and Once Bitten? If so, have I got a treat for you.
A little
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/11/out-for-blood-blog-tour-book-review-out.html

Out for Blood is an adventurous and crazy tale about a man named Clark (aka Dragomir Craiovescu, but just stick to Clark). Clark is quite the big shot. He is the go-to guy for what's what in Hollywood. He makes a living revealing everyone's secret. Thing is, only a handful know his...he's a vampire. He uses his powers to get the information he needs on all the hottest stars. One in parti
OpenBookSociety.com
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dawn

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

Clark Kelly, a vampire, is a journalism lecturer as well as manager/writer for the National Review. He has utilized the public’s need for gossip to make himself relevant. And relevant he is. Everyone knows who he is; he likes it that way.

He is hated as much as loved. Those who hate him him are often willing to go to great lengths to exact revenge. He is often called a bloodsucker for his job; if they only knew :)

The story
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: http://headouttheoven.blogspot.com/20...

Good heavens! This was one fantastic and hilarious read!

The very first line in the Prelude got me hooked and laugh-bark out loud I embarrassed myself! Talk about Tom boy and yeah, the answer is: defo! whahahahaha

Color me surprised and happy! Out For Blood did not grant any excuse or mercy to the A Listers mentioned here - be they real, fantasy, or anonymous! There were even some personas mentioned that caught my attention for they wer
AnnMarie
Vampires are definitely real and living in Hollywood!! Or so I hear :)

Out For Blood was a total riot! I have always loved Mike Walker having listened to him for years on the radio delivering his own unique gossip anecdotes. Already knowing his voice and delivery, picturing Clark with Mike's voice just sealed the deal for me.

And the story is Clark's POV. Brassy, cocky, abrasive, jaded, and a vampire who is a gossip columnist.

Come on, how unique is that! It is so Mike Walker!

Out For Blood had mys
M.B.
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
*** I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

My first thought when I started this book is that just from the style of writing, i could tell it was written by an older man with very strong links to Hollywood rather than someone who has sat and read gossip columns online. It's a very dry humoured and cynical book and I LOVED it!

I'm not a huge gossip monger, but there are certain celebrities that I WILL read about because it makes me so thankful for having a relativel
Carrie
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, calibre-library
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a really hilarious and fun read! The writing style was so entertaining and always "on" -- moving seamlessly from action to intrigue to romance (all with a lot of vampire goodness thrown in)!

The book follows around Clark Kelly, gossip writer extraordinaire. He's working a million a minute and loving every second of his undead existence. Always on the hunt for the next big story, he ends up falling head over heels for a young
Denise Van plew
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received an arc for a honest review. This was a little different from what I normally read but read it because it had vampires in it. Right off he begins with Clark getting interviewed as a name in Hollywood and he also has a secret he is not dying to tell. He started in a time when Clark Gable and those were stars which I could relate to because loved watching those movies from that time zone and also am aware during that time gossip columnists could make or break a career at times. Then whil ...more
Virginia
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am soooo not into the gossip scene. I've never picked up a copy of the Enquirer, and I don't watch E! or Access Hollywood. That said, I couldn't help but get sucked into the bawdy, cut-throat world that is Hollywood gossip according to Mike Walker. In Out for Blood, he has woven together an over-the-top tale of sex, murder, greed and lust, then wrapped it together with a brand of humor that borders on social-commentary.

Like Hollywood itself, Mike's book is ridiculous and, at times, shocking.
Verushka
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After working on this book with Mike, I am so excited that its release date is coming up soon! Out for Blood is a thrilling ride through CK's life and Hollywood, with some unexpected twists and turns thrown in for good measure! I've been a fan of this genre for a long time, and a vampire gossip journalist is definitely a first for me! Mike has written a witty, snarky, humorous novel that is more than anything, a pleasure to read.
Heather A
Sep 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not for me. DNF at about 44%. Started off quite good, entertaining, but it was the same joke over and over and got boring, and I found the characters getting on my nerves, even when the plot picked up and had a few interesting twists, I just didn't feel like finishing it.

So thank you Netgalley for approving my request to view this title, but it wasn't my cup of tea.
Sandra
DNF, no rating.

This isn't a book for me. The MC's voice doesn't resonate with me. This is a guy's book, methinks. You guys out there who love vampires, a bit of mystery and an irreverent narrator who's as cocky as they come, jaded and umimpressed - this might be a book for you.

I received a free ARC from the publisher. A positive review was not promised in return.
Janeite Reader Writer
rated it did not like it
Jun 14, 2018
Sep 08, 2015
angela
Mar 26, 2016
Giveaway 1 1 Nov 12, 2013 04:58PM
During the O.J. Simpson “Trial of the Century,” Walker wrote the headline-making New York Times #1 Best Seller, "Nicole Brown Simpson: Private Diary of a Life Interrupted," with Faye Resnick. Just months later, his book "Private Diary of an OJ Juror," with Michael Knox, rocketed to #5 on the NYT list.

That created a world record: He’s the only reporter known to have written two best-selling books