Start by marking “Fables, Vol. 20: Camelot” as Want to Read:
Fables, Vol. 20: Camelot

Fables, Vol. 20: Camelot

(Fables (Collected Editions) #20)

Rose Red takes the mantle of Paladin of Hope to rally the Fables in the tragic aftermath of “Snow White.” A new dark age calls for a new Round Table, with modern knights willing to take on a sacred quest to reassemble the shattered pieces of Fabletown.

Collecting: Fables 130-140
Paperback, Trade, 256 pages
Published September 2nd 2014 by Vertigo

To ask other readers questions about Fables, Vol. 20, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fables, Vol. 20

Start your review of Fables, Vol. 20: Camelot
Shannon
Jun 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Rose Red believes that bringing Camelot back will help the Fables with all of their problems. That's the main story with a few average to above average other tales woven into the book.

Artwork is its usual quality.

MY GRADE: B
Justyn Rampa
In case you haven't heard, FABLES is ending with issue #150.

I know...it will be hard to imagine my life without new FABLES coming out, but somehow I will have to try and carry on:-/

However, I will not be able to wait as we make our way through the final 20 issues of FABLES for those issues to get released in trade paperback. So for the final run of FABLES, I will be reading it in single issue comics each month.

After a devastating spell in FABLES, I found the l
Patrick
Soooooo good!
Jessica
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
*DUN DUN DUN*

IT'S COMING TO AN END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what I'll do now since Fables has been my long standing "go-to" comic. WHAT WILL I DO?! WHAT WILL I READ?!

I guess I could catch up on the Grimm collection...

BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME!

I'm nervously biting my nails and axiously awaiting this final showdown between all the power players that have carved out lives in Fabletown and beyond. I mostly want Bigby and Snow White to have a happy ending inc
LibraryCin
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it

As usual, there were smaller storylines going on at the same time, but the main storyline in this volume is Rose Red trying to recreate the Knights of the Round Table. She has a table built in a field, then spreads the word that she is looking for knights to populate her round table. Many Fables gather to see who she will choose.

I really enjoyed this main storyline, as well as the next biggest storyline in this one, involving Snow White and her children. I so love the illu
Alex Telander
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
To say that the comic book series penned by Bill Willingham and illustrated by Mark Buckingham has reached its twentieth collected volume is quite the astonishing feat, but when one considers that it has won fourteen Eisner awards, and is working its way through its second major storyline that continues to build and become more exiting with each volume, it’s not really a surprise at all.

After things continue to take a turn for the worse in the previous collected volume, Snow White, C
Sam Wescott
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic.

This was a really good installation, you guys! My goodness! The plot was advances steadily and the emotional turmoil of the last few books was maintained (and even escalated here and there). There was a particular issue in this tradeback that featured (view spoiler) that was an AMAZING payoff for the patient reader and I cannot get over how touching it was. I
Sud666
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, fantasy
It's fairly obvious that I like the Fables series. I've been reading it for 20 volumes now. Save a few exceptions most of the volumes have entertained and a handful are exceptional. Considering how far along the story we are and the events that have played out Bill Willingham still manages to keep it going.

Camelot is what it sounds like. Rose Red is going to recreate Camelot, Round Table and All, as she attempts to be a "2nd Chance" Queen. Unfortunately (IMHO), her actions cause a rift with Sno
Quentin Wallace
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This volume shows Rose Red attempting to reform the Knights of the Round Table with a totally new cast of knights, but foreshadowing is already making things look sinister. Also, somethings going on with Bigby Wolf that also doesn't look good. There's also a story spotlighting Gepetto as well as a tale showing the Fabletown "band" as they battle an evil witch to free a world.

Overall a lot going on and a good volume, but they only have one more volume to wrap things up (well two if yo
Will Chin
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
You would think that, with just two books left in the series (Volume 20 is the second last book in the Fables saga), Willingham will get his act together to tell a cohesive story.

But NO.

Camelot, the 20th volume in Fables' ongoing saga, is yet another piss-poor entry in the series, a disturbing trend that has been going on for the past eight volumes or so (except for Cubs in Toyland. That one is a masterpiece). This book continues to be listless and clueless about where the hell it w
Anna
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Is there some kinda of fiction rule that if a character has been around long enuff they must become an asshole? Because suddenly thats the good doctor in scenes with former-Mrs Spratt, and Rose Red more than usual

blah blah, running low on ideas but wanting a big bang for their ending anyway this world decided to stop with their own stories and instead play make pretend with Camelot & fill in already existing roles: here's a giant circle of a table, here's some knights, here's "Ar
[Name Redacted]
In which we: witness the beginning of the end; learn that some cycles are inevitable; and think maybe Willingham wants to go out with a bang rather than the loud nasal whine of the last volume.
Kelsey
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Finally caught up on this series, almost a year after starting it. I'd forgotten how much I love these graphic novels, and I am definitely not ready for the series to end. Vol. 20 was just perfect.
Cathy
It was better than usual. Which figures, now that it's ending. This was a good volume, nice a meaty. And I can see the exit strategy, it looks like a good idea.
Natalie
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I was going to give this two stars. Two stars for my beloved Fables. What has the world come to?

Honestly I stopped giving a crap about Rose when I lost all admiration for her around Boy Blue time. She never quite redeemed herself in my eyes, and I wouldn't follow her to the corner bar much less to the ends of the earth (er...worlds?).

I then reflected upon my emotional attachments. Snow and her strength and Mama Bear (excuse me - wolf) instincts. Bigby (my heart may actually be breaking to see him t
Anna
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic
I've been reading this series for more than a decade, it feels like, and I'm ready at this point to find the last volumes and get to the end.

(view spoiler)
Shannon
Wow, for a really long title I'm surprized this didn't have more of an solid one thread arc, but I guess as the series is coming to a close there are a lot of loose ends to tie up. Almost there!!!
Karissa
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got a copy of this book to review through Edelweiss. There is a lot going on in this series at this point. This graphic novel covered four main storylines as the fables settle into their new home. This trade paperback (TPB) collects issues #130 to #140. This series is supposed to end with issue #150, with will be included in TPB volume 21: Happily Ever After.

Issue 130 is about the Daughter of Rodney and June as she explores Castle Black. Issues 131 to 133 and 135 to 137 are about R
Wing Kee
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The pieces are all moving into place for some awesome finish.

Oh what's that feeling? That sense of dread, that all this calm is going to be crushed and destroyed by something really really bad? We are getting close to the end and all the multiple pieces are moving into place:

World: Enough has been said about Buckingham's art, it's expressive and a style all his own, I love it. The world has been build for over 100 issues now, but the amazing thing about Willingham is that there are
Shannon Appelcline
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-indy, comics
Junebug (130). Occasionally WIllingham writes a story that's too light and cute to have any substance, and that's the case with this short, which is fine but unmemorable [5/10].

Camelot (131-137). I was surprised how much this story was a transitional table: a denouement for the frantic events of the last two volumes and also a setup for things to come. Nonetheless, it's wonderful to see Rose Red take center stage again, and the story really begins to strengthen in the last couple of issues as it delves deepe/>Camelot
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
An interesting installment, setting up lots of things to come.

Rose's idea of giving people second chances is noble and all, but I kinda have to agree with Snow on this, even if I think she's overreacting a touch. But the idea of (view spoiler)

Very curious to see what comes of Bigby. The idea of the afterlife shown in this story was in
Nancy Meservier
Nov 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was announced earlier this year that Fables will be finishing up with issue 150. Camelot, which contains issues 130-140, really shows signs of building up to that final arc. This volume mainly focuses on Rose Red taking up the mantel of the Paladin of Hope, an act that inspires her to recreate Camelot in hopes of bringing back the chivalry and heroism of that era. Rose's goals are admirable, but will she be able to avoid Camelot's tragic end?

As mentioned before, much of Camelot is
Pamela D
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Fables is a comic book series that follows the lives of several different fairytale characters including Snow White and the Big Bad Wolf. The series takes place after the characters have taken refuge in New York City, because an evil villain named the Adversary has taken over their kingdoms in their homelands.

I love this series so much. After I checked the books out from the library, I started purchasing all of the volumes and adding the new issues to my pull list at my local comic b
Mark
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's been awhile since I've read any of the Fables tales, so it was good to return to that world.
I personally own four different books of the Arthurian legends, and I was curious as to how it would be addressed in the Fables universe. Although the mythos was touched upon in the "Toyland" storyline, "Camelot" approaches it from another angle, with Rose Red assuming the role of Arthur. (Check out the beautiful cover painting of Rose Red in full armor.)
I don't want to spoil it for those who
Jonathan Maas
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bill Willingham and company have done it again! Every time I think Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile is going to slow down, it takes it to yet another level. Look out for Sir Wellstuffed from Discardia - he's a valiant one.
Lara
Okay, that's more like it! Enjoyed this one soooooo much more than the previous volume, and am looking forward to the direction the end is taking (the only direction that makes sense to me, but I didn't totally trust Willingham to take us there after some of the weird twists earlier on in this series). Thanks for the pep talk, Andrea!
Belinda
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Another lovely addition to the Fables saga. This collection covers the attempted recovery of Bigby wolf from glass, what has happened to 2 of his cubs and Snow White and Rose Red's biggest stand off yet. Once again, gorgeous art, interesting writing and cool ideas. It was fun to see some returning characters not seen for awhile and definitely has me hanging for the next series.
Elena
Aug 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. Best volume of Fables in a looooooong time.
Jase
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice to finally get a good chunk of stories here. 2 stories happening over these 10 issues and a build-up for some more mysteries to come.
Julie Bettina
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A) This is the prettiest cover art I've seen.
B) I can't believe this is all ending in only two volumes!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Play Book Tag: Fables, Vol. 20. Camelot / Bill Willingham. 3.75 stars 1 9 Jun 10, 2019 07:48PM
2017 Reading Chal...: Fables, Vol. 20: Camelot 1 13 Jan 07, 2015 09:37AM

• Fables: The Wolf Among Us, Volume 1
  • Everafter, Vol. 1: The Pandora Protocol
  • Everafter, Vol. 2: The Unsentimental Education
  • Fables: The Wolf Among Us, Volume 2
  • Cinderella: Fables are Forever (Vol. 2)
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 9: The Unwritten Fables
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 3: Dead Man's Knock
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 5
  • Cinderella: Fables are Forever #1
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 32: Rest In Peace
In the late 1970s to early 1980s he drew fantasy ink pictures for the Dungeons & Dragons Basic and Expert game rulebooks. He first gained attention for his 1980s comic book series Elementals published by Comico, which he both wrote and drew. However, for reasons unknown, the series had trouble maintaining an original schedule, and Willingham's position in the industry remained spotty for many ...more

Fables (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile
  • Fables, Vol. 2: Animal Farm
  • Fables, Vol. 3: Storybook Love
  • Fables, Vol. 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers
  • Fables, Vol. 5: The Mean Seasons
  • Fables, Vol. 6: Homelands
  • Fables, Vol. 7: Arabian Nights (and Days)
  • Fables, Vol. 8: Wolves