Start by marking “A Tattered Love” as Want to Read:
A Tattered Love

A Tattered Love

Kindle Edition, 1, 266 pages
Published October 3rd 2013 (first published October 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Tattered Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tattered Love

Kendall {Book Crazy}
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-read, arc, blog-tours
I got the honour to beta-read this book when the author came to me and asked me to make a Book Trailer for it! I normally like to read a book before making a Book Trailer, so I got to read this book in July just after the author had finished it! I haven't read the final version of it, so some of the scenes may have been changed or taken out altogether, but my review is based on what I read! I'm sure it is very similar to the final version! A Tattered Love is the first book from this author that ...more
Novel Grounds
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it

AtatteredLove

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18275408-a-tattered-love|A Tattered Love on Amazon 3.5/4 Stars

Riley and Dustin have a very tattered story to tell. The title fits this book perfectly. Riley is reinventing herself. She has left her old life and is building a new one without the judgment of those around her. Enter Dustin. He is not in the cards for her. She didn't see him coming or the turmoil it would wreak on this life she si desperately building. It's not all bad turmoil either so don't fre
Stephenee
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
* I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. *
This is the second book by Nickie Seidler that I have read and I enjoyed it almost as much as the first (you always love your first in some way, don't you?!?). She has a unique writing style that I really enjoy, she uses point of views from several of the characters throughout the book as well as the "new" type of texting in the books. The story flows smoothly from start to finish and it wraps up nice and tidy at the end.
Jennifer G.
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 5+ stars.
It was a great read. I was so emotionally everywhere, but it was well worth it.

I loved the characters, pretty much every last one of them, EXCEPT CORELLA the Biotchhhh.(Dustin's mom, Lori). She is one cruel, spitefull, evil evil person, who deserved everything she got in the end, plus some! And let's not forget Sabrina, who is a twin of Corella's, they should have been mother and dauther.
The reason I call her Corella, is because they were evil witches.

But all the othe
Myra Espino
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

A Tattered Love made me go crazy!
The story is great and I love the concept of it.The characters are also strong, I love how they are different from each other and I love how they blended with each other, not overlapping from each other.

Characters:
I loved Riley's character and personality. She's strong-willed (and that's what I really liked about her, she has a backbone and not lame). She's interesting and mysterious that made me drawn to her and made me want to know more about this girl
Jamie
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it

Overall, the story was good. However, I had a really hard time with the dialogue and the behavior of the characters. There was a little too much in the story I thought, that didn't really belong (Dustin's sisters attempted rape, Riley's gazing at the hot new waiter at work, even the part about Austin). The dialogue between them was almost juvenile at times, not what you'd expect from someone in their mid-twenties.

Riley and Dustin sure have a lot going against them but its great to see them work
Amy
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This book started off interesting, but I could not stay into it. There always seemed to be some drama, which often resulted in a break-up only for them to get back together only to repeat the process. The ending was better which I am glad I continued on and finished. It just seemed to not flow.... Also, what happened to Austin? He was brought up several times but ?
Cindy
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Description:
Riley Miller wants nothing more than to leave her past behind and never speak of it again. The damage caused by what has happened has made her build walls keeping people out. Starting over isn't easy. After a move to Cape Cod to escape the dark and haunting secrets, she meets Abby and Evan. Instantly becoming best friends, shy and quiet Riley tries to break out of her shell with the help from her new friends. Just as she begins to settle into a comfortable routine, Riley meets Evan
Tbird London
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this story very touching and endearing, as we watch two young adults try to find their way in life with old wounds that had yet to heal. It has a soap opera feel to it, but progresses without a lot of down time in the story. I never found myself checking to see how much farther till I was finished with the book, that happens a lot to me when I read a book that has the soap opera feel.

Riley just wants her past to stay in the past. Mistakes of her parents had a way of crushing her future s
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, 2013-read-list
ARC provided by Author for Honest Review
3.5 Stars

This was a sweet romance and a very quick read. It started off interesting enough. Both the characters are hesitant to start a relationship but they can't deny the sparks. What through me was once they were together everythign was so rushed. It felt like I was holding down the fast forward button and just zooming by. Another thing that through me was the insta-attraction/love. It felt a bit forced and beleive it or not a bit too fast even for what
Holly Baker
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta-read
****ARC received in exchange for an honest review****

Holly’s 4.5 Star Beta Review

A little while ago I was contacted by a fellow blogger asking if I would consider beta reading a new book for an author. My obsession with all things books refused to let me turn the offer down and I’m glad because that author was Nickie Seidler and that new book was A Tattered Love.

Riley has had some real bad luck in her fairly short life so she has relied mainly on herself for many years. Her past has forced her t
Lydia H
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Blog Tour Stop:http://heabookshelf.blogspot.com/2013...

"Riley, take a chance with me. I promise I'll treat you right."

Riley Miller didn't trust easily. She had moved to a new town, escaping a past that not only humiliated her, but haunted her. Meeting Dustin was not in her plan, just as falling in love with Riley, wasn't in Dustin's. Riley and Dustin met at Evan and Abby's apartment one night. Since that moment, everything changed for them.
"You have to ask yourself is it worth the risk to
Promiscuous Book Blog
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Riley Miller has dark past that she didn't have anything to do with, but when where you're from and everyone in the town shames you for your parents transgressions; you do the only thing you can and leave it all behind. that's how she ended up in Cape Cod. This girl has been hit left and right from all sides and I can see why she's so reluctant to have friends or let people in. HELL! Her own sister doesn't want anything to do with her. But, when she makes friends with her neighbors Abby and Evan ...more
Chrissy
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was definitely not what I was expecting, but so much better. I loved the alternating Points of View, and how things just were not easy. It wasn't a happy, everything is great, we're in love type of story, but a heartbreaking, hard, life is real story, and it was AWESOME!

We meet Riley and Dustin and there is a spark between them, and things progress, but is that instant attraction all that's needed to make it through all the ups and downs in the relationship? Throughout this book, nothi
Lyndsie
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
*** ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review. Review will be posted on Mean Girls Luv Books on October 10th***

This story is of Riley & Dustin, it had me all over the place. One minute I’m happy, the next I’m sad, the next I want to throw my Kindle. Be ready for a ride!

Riley’s childhood was not an easy one. She decided enough was enough and left Delaware to start over and make a life of her own where no one knows about her parents and her past. She moves to Cape Cod, meets Abby with
Candice Terry
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow...what a ride! This couple goes through it all- lust, tension, hurt, lies, ...deceitful in laws.... there was barely any down time for these characters.
Coming from a not so great past Riley tries to move on with her life in Cape cod and start fresh. Guys are far from her mind, all she needs in her great friends, trusty dog and dependable job but all of that is put to the test when she meets Dustin.

Settling down wasn't at the top of Dustin's list after his last girlfriend but setting his eye
Purpinkrose
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Riley Millar has left her home town in Delaware and moved to Cape Cod to get away from a road she doesn't want to go down. She moves to a new town where she doesn't know anyone and no-one knows her and her past and starts a fresh.

She gets a job as a waitress and becomes best friends with Abby and her boyfriend Evan. Abby and Riley are as close as sisters, but Abby doesn't even know of her past. One night while at Abby's apartment, Riley meets Dustin and the sparks fly. They cant stay away from
Kizzy
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have read a few books by Nickie and she's become another one of my faves.

Riley and Dustin meet through their best friends Abby and Evan and sparks fly instantly. There were so many things against them..mainly his mother. When you find a love worth fighting for, you dont let anything get in your way. I love the friendships they have with Abby and Dustin. Those are true friends who were there for them through everything.

One minute they are happy, next, more drama got between them. Through the up
Mary Myers-Huff Barscz
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first story I have read from Nickie Seidler, I really enjoyed the story and the characters were nice as well.
Riley has moved to Cape Cod to escape from her past where everyone compares her to the deeds her parents have committed. She is fairly happy living with her dog and a few close friends. Then she meets Dustin, and sparks fly between them.
Dustin has his own skeletons in the closet. Will the secrets & lies between these two allow them to carry on in a freshly budding romanc
H.
Jan 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Riley Miller moves from Delaware to Cape Cod to get away from her past and to make a fresh start with her life. She meets a really good friend Abby, who I really love. She's the kind of friend everyone can use. She really cares for Riley's and wants what's best for her. Abby's boyfriend Evan is also a really great guy. He happens to have a friend Dustin who's father own the resteraunt that Riley works at. There is instant chemistry between them. They go through a lot of ups and downs. It doesn't ...more
Ashley
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The flow was a bit rough but the characters and plot made up for it. I honestly don't know which couple I was cheering for more Abby and Evan or Riley and Dustin. Dustin's mother and ex were a real piece of work but their parts were a much needed part of the book. I love how Nickie always seems to have a major cause that she themes her books around, this book followed the theme of bullying, which is where the mother and ex come into play. But it was also largely bas ...more
Reading in Black & White
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Tattered Love by Nickie Seidler has the potential to be a great book, but for me there was something missing. And, what’s frustrating is I can’t quite put my finger on what it is. I mean this book has everything that real life relationships have: miscommunication, hurt, lies, deceit, and someone trying to find their way in this crazy world. Even though I didn’t completely connect with A Tattered Love, it is well-written by Nickie Seidler and I will check out future works by her!

MY RATING: 3.5

D
Catherine Petersen
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really love that book.
A story different than the other, I loved the characters.
Riley and Dustin really love each other.
Dustin's mother, wow!!! a real bitch, wanted to bit the shit out of her LOL
Abby is the best friend, and am not sure a friend like that ever existed.
So thanks to Nickie Seidler for bringing me on an emotional journey, of passion, love and suspense, can't wait to read the next one.
I you haven't read A lucky second chance, the first book from Nicky, do it it is another great stor
Megaen MacDonald
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved A Tattered Love with Riley and Dustin's story! They weren't really looking for relationships but decided to go with the flow because their chemistry was just hott!! They both had issues they needed to deal with and share with eachother in order to move forward but was it enough to get through? The book had great characters (Loved Abby and Evan!), drama, love, funniness and hot sex! Loved the ending and it had a great happily ever after!
beth myrick
Just didn't cut it for me

really had high hopes for this, and my hopes were smashed. the h to me was really bitchy, and I really didn't understand why. what was her deal. I could never figure out how old the characters were, and once I did I was like really because I could have sworn these people were fresh out of JR HIGH. No I don't cannot recommend this.
Amy Davies
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given this book as an ARC to read & post a review. It is also Book of the Week on my Facebook page.
Facebook.com/MyFictionalBoyfriend

***Spoiler Alert***

I enjoyed the book. Dustin was sweet. It was up and down from the beginning but ended with a happy ever after. It was nice to see Dustin defend Riley. He was a lush dad & it was clear to see his daughter was his world besides Riley.
Tina Stadig-Lewis
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
sometimes moving on from our past leads us to places we never dreamed. Riley is trying to put past behind her and never look back, Dustin is trying to prove himself as a man who can stand on his own. When they meet it is instant, but in order to find their future they will both have to deal with their pasts.

This is well written, relatable story. I highly recommend it!
Brittany
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Tattered Love is captivating! The love Riley and Dustin share is indescribable. They have to decide if going off feelings, attraction, and love will work when everything else doesn't....
The author does an amazing job creating the drama we all love! Riley and Dustin gets the HEA they deserve! Loved it and cannot wait for more from Nickie!
The Book Hangover
Oct 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved Riley and Dustin's story in A Tattered Love - great combination of love, drama, comedy and hot sex! Check out our full review at:

Catrina Brown
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Great characters that made you wish you were one of them. I thought some of the situations didn't seem natural or realistic however that was easily overlooked considering how much I enjoyed the characters and the novel. Great HEA!

• Used (Getting Inside of V, #1)
  • Burn (Spark, #2)
  • Never Say Never: Part 1
  • Break Me (The Summer Series, #1)
  • House of Cards (Mirrored, #2)
  • In the Lyrics
  • Every Kiss (Every Life, #2)
  • Coming Back to You
  • Chaotic (Imperfection, #1)
  • Love, Kinsey
  • Evolve Series Box Set (Evolve, #1-2.5)
  • Hot Mess (Stories of Serendipity, #4)
  • On The 12th Date of Christmas (Secret Santa, #2)
  • Unforeseen Heartbeat (Second Chances, #2)
  • Take Me Out
  • Mary Hades: Beginnings (Mary Hades, #0.5-2)
  • My Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys Series, #2)
  • In Harmony (Fenbrook Academy, #2)
Born and raised in the Chicago-land area, Nickie Seidler is a romantic suspense/ romance author. Nickie is married with a beautiful baby girl and when not writing, she enjoys spending quality time with family and friends.