Start by marking “Karma” as Want to Read:

Karma

Sometimes love has nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with karma. . .

Marcy Paget worked full time putting her husband through university. When he finally became a success, he dumped her for a trophy wife more than ten years younger than he was, leaving Marcy to raise their seven year old daughter by herself.

Even though Marcy knows she is better off alone than wi
Published August 31st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Karma, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

♥Booklish Reviews♥
Sep 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
I've been reading this off and on during the day and made several notes in the process. I purchased this off of Amazon after seeing it's rating in the top 100 for Kindle. It's rather new and I decided to jump on the bandwagon before (or if) it took off. So, here we go.

Things I couldn't stand
Why the hell does Andre feel the need to act like some damn professor every five-freakin-seconds and explain to the reader (in detail) about every little thing. I'm dead serious. For example:
He was on one
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Co xB by sb_zps9nofdfbl.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (9/10/2015)

Stand-alone.

BLURB:

Even though Marcy knows she is better off alone than with a cheating husband who doesn't love her, she is still struggling to
Denise
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marcy put her no good, lying, cheating ex through dental school. After he became successful, he left her with a beautiful daughter and a pile of debt. When Marcy is forced to work at a bar to support herself and her daughter, she notices a patron drop a $100 bill. Times are tough, but Marcy stands by her convictions and lets the man know.

Andre' notices this exchange and feels that Marcy would be a wonderful addition to his staff. He thinks of his head of security and wonders if perhaps, Marcy a
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Rated 3.5 stars
Marcy's first marriage was a terrible one. He was a jerk all around. He used her and now doesn't even acknowledge his own child. Marcy didn't trust men and only worried about the care of her Katy until her honesty landed her the job that changed everything for her and her daughter.
Mike Riley
5.0 out of 5 stars

A tiny choice that changes everything ... September 16, 2013
By J. Michael Riley

Is karma real? Do we reap what we sow? Do we get what we deserve?

Often, it doesn't seem like it. Marcy is a single mother whose only sin was working to support her husband through professional school and bear his child only to then be turned out to fend for herself, when he capitalizes on the education she paid for and then finds himself a younger, shapelier, better-connected trophy wife.

Marcy and he
Carvanz
Audio-book: Narrator – Roberto Scarlato

Oh my gawd!!! This narrator just does it for me!!! He has THE most perfecto voice EVER!!! I absolutely loved listening to this book with Mr. Scarlato as the narrator. The tone is always so clear and distinct. The characters’ voices are easily defined as he gives them each their own sound and fluctuation. Accents are spot on and the emotion is so real! I can’t rave enough on how much I enjoyed listening to this audio!

This is my second Nikki Sex book (the fir
Janna
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It's a lovely book about life and about right and wrond. It shows that there are consequences in everything you do. And of course all the love, happiness and romance are a very nice plus to the book. I couldn't stop reading until the end. And it really makes it possible for me to believe in karma myself.
Donna
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy a "light BDSM" read, this one is for you. Well developed characters and hot sex scenes make this a fun book. Andre is an insightful and wise man. He can make the most insecure woman in the world see herself for the goddesses WE as women are ;) Marcy will learn the truth to the age old saying " What goes around comes around" and that " KARMA " really is a b*#ch!
Cyndi Hackett
The story was exactly like the title, all about Karma and how we get back in life what we give out whether it's good or bad. It also reminded me a litle of "8 degrees of separation" that we all are connected some kind of way. I thought this was a great read and introdcution to BDSM for married couples. Anyway I really liked the story!
Coco.V
Oct 31, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/31/2017)!
Jonel
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“Love isn’t like rocket science or brain surgery.” But taking that kind of all encompassing, no holds barred love and turning it into an intensely captivating novel author Nikki Sex has created a work that you won’t be able to put down. She also makes you wish you had it for yourself.

This novel is well written and keeps you enthralled throughout. This author is a very visual writer. Everything is detailed, yet naturally so. Her vividly visual descriptions paint this world before the eyes of her
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
I've read quite a few of this authors books but they have usually been short stories or part of a series so I was pleased to see a full length novel. However, it took a while to get going..the sex scenes don't really start until 60% in.

Marcy is 34, divorced and has never had an orgasm! When she meets Andre Chevalier and her ife changes for the better. I do have a soft spot for Andre! Andre introduces Marcy to Mike. Mike is widowed. He loved his wife. I therefore found it odd that within 3 weeks
Margaret
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**** 4.5 KARMA FATE STARS ****

I have to say I really enjoyed this book. It was different to most Dom/sub stories out there. Marcy supported her husband as he went through orthodontic school. Trent (the husband) is a totally and utter self absorbed idiot. Once he finished school he decided that his wife and daughter were of no use to him, so he tossed them aside and moved on to a younger woman with money.
So this brings Marcy to a dilemma because Trent won't give a single cent for his daughter, an
Julie Kirby
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read, I absolutely loved this book, I have thoroughly enjoyed all your books, but this has to be my favourite.

The sex seemed hotter in this book, maybe because the love between Marcy and Mike oozed off the pages, it felt stronger, sexier, but also full of contentment.  The pages were burning!!!!

I love Andre, with his straight talking, honest comments, are there really people like him, who do what he does?

The story you told really hit me right between the eyes, the love, emotion,
Betty
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marcy Padget worked and supported her husband while he continued his education. She also gave birth to their daughter, took care of their home, prepared the meals, and put up with his verbal abuse. To reward her for her support and devotion, Trent Burger left her right after graduation for a younger woman. After all he was becoming a rich important man and required a "status" wife. Unfortunately it was not only his X-wife Marcy that he hurt. He also hurt his daughter very deeply. And that, Marc ...more
AngelinaT
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Elaine
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved loved loved this book. So many women can compare their lives to Marcy's either with never living up to her fathers approval or her crappy husband Trent. Most women have had some type of abuse in their lives at one point or another, if you want to call neglect abuse, or make one feel shameful of themselves. Karma is a true bitch. And this book proves it. I love Andre'. He makes me smile and sometimes, he makes me drool. Marcy had enough warmth and love to take care of her daughter without ...more
Andrea
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book about how in the end life often leaves us feeling as if really does comes down to ... karma. It starts with the feature mom's story of how her sorry excuse for a hb turned out to be her worst mistake as far as men. The one thing right about the relationship was Katie her beautiful amazing daughter. Working as a bartender/waitress in Las Vegas can be exciting and boring depending if she's happy for the vacationing customers or sad if the "customers" live here. A dropped $100 bill sets ...more
Delphina
Nov 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of Nikki's books. It has a sweet romance and shows a different side to Andre. Yes, it has heat and awesome characters. It also has some suspense and some intriguing side stories. This is a book I will probably read again. I do not want to get spoilery, but the way Karma worked through out this book just filled me with the happy. If you are a huge fan of Nikki's naughtier works, please not this is not that kind of story. Heat? Yes, but not to the same extent.
Ashley Tee
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

This book was so entertaining and catchy! I loved the back story of Marcy and her the great karma that followed her throughout her journey! I was saddened to realize I was close to the end lol! I'm looking forward to maybe a book on Marcy and her new life ... maybe Maria's help from Mike comes back k around? Who's to say?!?! ha!!! VERY GOOD READ!
Erika Lynn
Oct 10, 2013 rated it liked it
This book just..... Wasn't my favorite. Generally when I engaged in a good erotica novel, I expect maturity and I found this one quite immature. Nope, the sex was good! It was... The plot, or lack thereof, wasn't. I understand the book was more or less all about karma and the author emphasized this very well throughout the book. I was looking for something MORE though. Something EXCITING. Some CONTROVERSY. Something to get my blood pressure to rise, so to speak. I didn't get that at all.

I was a
Jenn Green
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Perhaps you will yet observe the result of such dark karma. Then I am persuaded that you shall pity him, too. In life I would much prefer to be sinned upon than the sinner. It is easier, vous comprenez? With the clear conscience one sleeps very well. The sinner may deny it... but in his heart he knows. He does not deserve to be happy."

Ah, the beauty of karma. This is the second book I have read from this author & let me tell ya, this woman can delivery some steam!! 'Karma' shows us how
Cherie
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
There are a lot of glowing reviews on this book. For me it was just ok- and that's me being very generous. In all honesty, two stars is being generous, but since I finished it (though I skimmed through the last half) one star didn't feel quite right.

My feeling on the book is that it was just okay. The writing was mediocre. The narrative was way too long in many places. It felt like being subjected to every thought in someone's head for pages on end. There is a way to convey a characters thought
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. This is the epitomy of karma (both good and bad) - what comes around, goes around. The approach to D/s relationships was different than any other book I have read. I was actually surprised when D/s came into play. I honestly didn't see it coming. There was a different level of love and trust between the characters. I was very impressed with the writing, and the detailed information we were provided about nearly every character. Single Moms have one of the toughest job ...more
S.H.
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Karma is a moving journey of 2 lonely, hurting souls who fall in love & connect at a deep, healing & life-changing way. It's wonderful, intelligent & thought provoking. Karma stirred emotions & spoke to me. I'm fascinated by moral/ethical issues as well as by how people connect, behave, think & feel. That's what this book was about to me. It was insightful & moving.

I learned from this book: about myself & relationships. It gave me new ways of looking at things &
Joanne
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy-romances
Willow Brooks
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Nice unique read. I keep going between three and four stars on this book. Although the heroine, Marcy had sex with her ex husband many times before they divorced, and they made a baby together, she had never had an orgasm. That's not the part that bothered me because I know that happens to some women. It was the fact that everything sexual was so new for her that it almost felt like I was reading about an eighteen year old virgin. This was still a good read although I did end up scanning through ...more
Lynn
Rarely do you read a book where the hero is a dead ringer for Jason Staham ( a shame in that fact), but to have him be a honest to goodness sex equals love guy could have made it sappy.... but in the hands of Nikki it was NOT. Michael is a hero, he thinks sex equals love.v.. and thanks to his friend and boss he meets the woman who heals his shattered heart (his first wife died).

There is a villain of epic-ness, we get to hear his madness as well as witness his infidelity in its full graphic-ed g
Cindy
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just finished this book and what a great read. Great story and wonderful characters.

I had never read Nikki Sex's books. But I must say I did enjoy this book. The story line was very good and the characters were wonderful. Marcy is a divorced woman with a young daughter who had been emotionally scarred by her ex-husband Trent. Marcy decides love it non existent and plans to never have a man again. Until she meets Andre. A frenchman who knows all too well how the woman's mind works. Andre employee
Robin
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I hesitated before buying this book. I wasn't sure it was something I'd like, but I'm glad I bought it in the end!! I really enjoyed this story.

Karma is a story on how decisions, whether small or big can define your life.

Marcy is a single mother to Katie. She is working at a Casino to make ends meet. She put her Ex-Husband through dental school and was thanked by being dumped for a trophy wife. Marcy makes one small decision that changes the course of her life.

I know that some people don't like
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Andre 2 9 Aug 12, 2015 07:31AM

• Winner Takes All (Winner Takes All, #1-5)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Release
  • Rock Hard Love (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Exclusive Access (Rock Arrangement, #3; The Lonely Kings, #1.3)
  • Haze
  • Witness Protection (The Witness, #1)
  • Sleeves
  • Distracting the Duke (Wayward in Wessex #1)
  • The Letter
  • UnLove Me  (Angels Warriors MC Trilogy #1-3)
  • Homeplace
  • Never Let Go
  • Angels and Ashes (Heaven's Rejects MC, #2)
  • Blurred Lines: Volumes 1-4 (Blurred Lines, #1-4)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Deceived - Part 2 Paris (Deceived, #2)
I write sexy contemporary romance and paranormal.
Join my mailing list and receive a FREE (unpublished) André story: http://bit.ly/NikkiSex
Add me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nikkisexauthor

What Wendy Wants
Fate
Kink* (Fate #2)
P
“Pain is not the most important tool in Dominance and submission, yet it is a most worthy tool. Pain breaks down barriers and defences. And for intensifying the orgasm? There are few superior devices a Dom has to achieve such, other than varying degrees of pain.” 9 likes
“In life I would much prefer to be sinned upon than the sinner. It is easier, vous comprenez? With the clear conscience one sleeps very well. The sinner may deny it… but in his heart he knows. He does not deserve to be happy.” 8 likes