Start by marking “Away (Keaton, #1)” as Want to Read:
Away (Keaton, #1)

Away (Keaton #1)

4.29  ·  Rating Details ·  2,104 Ratings  ·  487 Reviews
What good is running AWAY when you only end up lost?

Cassandra Pierce had her whole "perfect" life planned out by her parents. One night of pure weakness and lust has her running away from it all and seeking refuge in Alamosa with her best friend. But it seems life has other plans for her when she finds herself lost in the small town of Keaton.

Jason Bradley is a charming
352 pages
Published November 18th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Away, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lustful Literature
Oct 15, 2013 Lustful Literature rated it it was amazing
**JOSIE’S REVIEW**

*5+ Stars*

Ok so let me start off by saying that this rating should be higher than 5 stars. This book was just THAT GOOD!!!! It evoked so many emotions in me, that giving it 5 stars does not do it justice. This is a fictional book, right? WRONG! For me, it was real. I felt every single emotion when reading it. So much so, that I left work early because I needed to continue to read this in peace.

Away is about Cassandra and how she was having trouble dealing with a mistake she ma
Sofie Hartley
Nov 20, 2013 Sofie Hartley rated it it was amazing
Words...

I just don't have them.

Going into this I had no idea what to expect. I hadn't read the synopsis or any reviews. This book was purely read straight from a recommendation and curiosity.

Curiosity killed the cat.

I devoured this book in a couple of hours, all while having a break for a 'breather' and to update my friend on my thoughts throughout the book. Never in my life has a book torn me apart like this one. The relationships, the hurt, the pain, the anguish. The... damn, everything. EVE
Karen
Aug 12, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Away had me interested as soon as I knew I would get a hot cowboy story! Being from a small town myself, I was drawn to this storyline. The country and a tight knit community are things I was fortunate enough to grow up with. My town did have five traffic lights though. There is just something comforting about the town of Keaton that let you get lost in the possibilities of a better future.

I immediately fell for Jason and his knight in shining armor personality. He was kind hearted, protective
Elisabeth Grace
Gah! This book had me dripping tears into my Cheerios this morning as I finished it over breakfast!

This is an emotional, thought provoking book that deals with how to go on when you feel like there is no hope and all is lost. I loved Jase's character! He was so sweet and watching these two come together as they both wade through muddy waters was a delight! Oh, and let's not forget the old building scene...swoon!

I don't want to give away any spoilers but let's just say near the end my mind was re
Nicole
Nov 15, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
" People become too reliant on having the world at their fingertips. Enjoying the moment and not knowing what's going to come next, that's the real deal, Cassie."

Where oh where should I even begin with this one?? So here's the thing, I went into this book blind as a bat. I remember reading the synopsis before signing up for the blog tour thinking oh man this sounds like a great one….however I had quite a few other tours going on as well so I pretty much forgot. Let me just say BEST THING EVER!!
Kimberly Rinaldi
Aug 01, 2013 Kimberly Rinaldi rated it it was amazing
“The term ‘away’ comes in many forms and phrases. Get away, stay away, far away, go away, went away and move away but the term that best fits my situation...run away.”

Cassie was raised to be little Miss Perfect. Her parents are strict and have always expected the best from her. Cassie never saw anything wrong with it because she thought she had no other choice and all she ever really wanted was their acceptance and approval. One night she makes a huge mistake and is now on the run. She knows the
Juliana Cabrera
What am I going to say about this book? Well for one….I HATE YOU B.A. WOLFE. You broke my heart…shattered it and there better be book 2 so you can piece it back together or I may hunt you down and make you write at gunpoint…lol. I am sitting here trying to write this review without crying my eyes out so I am going to do something different.

1. Jason….oh Jase. I loved Jason. I fell madly, deeply beyond words in love with him. When you read this book…you will fall in love with him to and completely
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.25 Green Light Stars

Wow...what the hell am I doing to myself? I just got done Bright Side and I continued on with another gut wrenching book. I must have an emotional death wish!

So, at first I was annoyed with Cassie and found it hard to connect with her. I felt that Jase and her relationship was rushed and one dimensional...but....then after getting about 1/2 way through the book, I understood what the author was doing and it all made sense.

By that time, I had already invested a connection wi
Faith Andrews
Aug 01, 2013 Faith Andrews rated it it was amazing
What an emotionally wonderful debut book by BA Wolfe! Make sure you have your tissues ready for this unexpected, tear-out-your-heart ending!

Cassie and Jace's chance meeting is like fate amplified by a million. Cassie has an accident while fleeing from her old life. Jace, the sexy, sweet, cowboy to the rescue, saves the day and then kicks it up a notch by taking Cassie into his home and then working his way into her heart. Sometimes you are destined to meet certain people because they impact your
Reanell Tisdale
Dec 01, 2013 Reanell Tisdale rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars

Okay so the first 60% was just okay for me. I actually skimmed through some of it. But once I got to the 60% mark things picked up. Then when it got interesting, the author ripped my heart out!! And that's why I rounded up to a 4 star. I love the stories that make me cry!! But I feel like the story was rushed at this point, it was like BOOM, and then, okay it's over now. I did enjoy the story though.
Nance
Wow!! Amazing debut!!! Was no way expecting that ending!!!!

This novel was amazing! I never thought that I would become so emotionally distraught while turning the final few pages of the book. It just ripped my heart out and stomped all over it. It was so moving. It was beautiful and tender. A love so sweet and compassionate. True friends. True lovers. Stunningly driven. Heartbreakingly decided. I just couldn’t believe it ended that way... (tears still flowing). A day later, and I’m still shaking
Tricia
Nov 20, 2013 Tricia rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best written debut books I have ever read! I went into this blind, and I recommend, for this beautiful emotional ride, you do the same.

But if you must know a little.....

The writing flowed so well I forgot I was reading fiction, and that was very apparent when my heart was ripped to gut wrenching beautiful tears. This relationship is built from strangers to love, there is no lust here. Sometimes life makes you take a path that you did not see coming, and you wonder “why” or “w
Cara
Oct 16, 2013 Cara rated it it was amazing
So I was finally able to read this book... and all I can say is holy shit! I absolutely loved this story! Jase is absolutely great and sweet and sexy and kind and oh so awesome!!!
This story is very sweet and at times made me very emotional. My heart definitely broke for Cassie. I'm positive I will read this again and probably more than once.
Way to go B.A. Wolfe!!!! Fantastic read!
Books&Dreams
Dec 06, 2013 Books&Dreams rated it it was amazing
 photo bookwormsreviewicon.jpg

I was given this book as an ARC for an honest review.
I give this book 5 stars.
I would def give it more if I could.
That being said this is Jase and Cassie's story.

I just idk. WORDS? I have none. This book blew me away. And I thought about it for so long HOW am I going to leave a review?? Yeah it is one of those books.

Cassandra has problems and she decides she needs her bff to get through what she is going through. So she decides to jump in her car with her GPS in hand and go and visit her at a
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

This book made it to my favorites shelf, and it's staying there. At first I didn't know what to expect, my first book by this author and I was not disappointed.
I fell in love with Jase from the moment he helped Cassie out of the wrecked car, I just had this great feeling about him... agh where to start? The book evoked so many emotions out of me. At times I was frustrated with Cassie for allowing her parents to control so much of her life, for not telling Carter her secret, for running and hidi
Michelle
Nov 28, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
What a sweet emotional ride about two people meeting when they need each other the most. Although I wished it had ended differently, I loved Jase and Cassie and their story. I'm anxious for the next in the series after that epilogue. very well written for a debut novel.
Carrie Richardson-horton
Nov 27, 2013 Carrie Richardson-horton rated it it was amazing
You know those special moments in your life that you never forget?! The moments that give you so much anxiety your heart feels like it is going to burst..the butterflies as big as bats in your belly...that was me the entire time I read Away! I can't even put into words as the tears fall how emotionally attached I am to this book!

Ok..ok..I'll suck it up and get on with it!

Cassie is on her way to visit her best friend Melanie after making some mistakes in her life that she can't take back. Melan
Tina Bell
Jan 01, 2014 Tina Bell rated it really liked it
Joint review with Stacia and Tina-

Stacia- WOW Tina, I honestly didn’t know what to expect from Away, being that it was a debut book for B.A. Wolfe and since I heard that it was such a touching story. I admit I am a big cry baby anyway, so tears usually come, but I wasn’t prepared for such a beautiful, emotional story (*wiping eyes*)! She did a FABLOUS job!

Tina- I know, Stacia, I had no idea what to expect either. As far as debut books go, Away, exceeded my expectations. B.A. Wolfe touched on al
Jodie
Aug 01, 2013 Jodie rated it it was amazing

Those are the words that started this book and I should have known at that moment I had just started a relationship that was going to forever change me and stay with me. Words, I know I need to express them but I can’t find them. I know words I usually use such as, this book stole a piece of my soul, I felt this in my stomach, MO
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

3.5-4 stars

I really don't know how to write this review….I have a lot of mixed feelings on this book. I have to be honest…this is probably the hardest review I've had to write. I guess that is why I couldn't decide on a firm star rating. I really did enjoy this book, but I had trouble with one part in the book, but I won't say what it is because it would spoil the story. So I guess the 4 stars was for my overall enjoyment of the book
Feisty Girls
Dec 06, 2013 Feisty Girls rated it it was amazing
Meli's Review

Cassandra "Cassie" is running away from her "perfect" life. She learns that after finally letting loose and being a normal college she had made her biggest mistake yet. So she runs. While heading to be with her best friend Mel she winds up lost and then with no warning her tire pops and she crashes straight into a tree. This is the moment in her life that will change everything.
Jason "Jase" happens to be at the right place in time. He sees Cassie crash and rushes over. The moment h
Toski Covey
I had to wait a day to review this because my emotions were that strong. I had heard from about 3 people to read this book.. It's "my" kind of book.

Southern Boy

City Girl

Meet by chance

and

then the angst- LOTS of it.

I.love.me.some.angst.

This story begins with Cassandra (Cassie) running from her life- headed to stay with her BFF she gets in an accident along the way and it just so happend Jason/Jace/HOTCowboy comes along to save her. She is for the most part unharmed- her car not so much. She's goin
Tracie Payne
Dec 14, 2013 Tracie Payne rated it it was amazing
So I had to wait a day to reflect on this book to write a review. Because I was too shaken up when I finished. I had this book loaned to me by a friend and her advice was to go in blind, don't look at reviews and don't look at the blurb. It's hard to do this without spoilers but I'll try.
It starts with a young college girl who's running away from some problems to see her best friend. She ends up lost and because of an accident she ends up in this small town and comes across a sweet and sexy you
Jenn

Cass is trying to get somewhere but ended up completely turned around and ends up in the wrong town. She needs her car fixed and Jason just so happens to chance upon her. Thank heaven's he does as Cass isn't in the best state of mind.

The reason she meets Jason is due to a car accident, and she ends up in the hospital. Jason takes it upon himself to look after her and her car. Eventually she ends up at his house where he and his mom do a fantastic job of caring for her.

Unfortunately for Cass, J
Shannon
3.5*

"Sweetheart, why can’t you just learn to let things be? Let the chips fall where they may. Enjoy all the moments without worrying about the who, what, when, where, and why of everything."

I’m not sure quite where to go with my review for this book. It tore me apart and it left me reeling. There were parts of it that I really loved but there were also parts that completely frustrated me and made me a little crazy. It was emotionally draining. It broke my heart.

Cassandra and Jason form an insta
B.A. Wolfe
Jul 31, 2013 B.A. Wolfe rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Keaton Series is back on ALL platforms! Have you met Cassie and Jase yet?

Away (Book One in the Keaton Series):

~> Kobo

~> iBooks
Ruthie Henrick
Aug 24, 2013 Ruthie Henrick rated it it was amazing
A confused, frightened girl. A sexy, romantic cowboy. And chemistry that keeps you flipping the pages (or swiping the screen). Loved, loved this story. This author knows how to write emotion that keeps you up all night with the tissue box close by.
Shona Reid
Dec 03, 2013 Shona Reid rated it it was amazing
An amazing debut novel!! I went through every emotion going reading this. I wasn't sure what to expect but it blew me away! I can't wait to find out what this author comes up with next. Must read!!
K.L. Grayson
Sep 15, 2014 K.L. Grayson rated it it was amazing
Some people can just simply write, and B.A. You are one of those people. This is a beautiful story that will stick with you forever. Devour it, love it, you won't regret it.
Three Girls and a Book Obsession
Joint review with Stacia and Tina-

New Adult Book Club: #29/15 Away by BA Wolfe 46 111 Sep 03, 2015 11:32AM
  • Every Kiss (Every Life, #2)
  • Drifting into Darkness (Drifting, #1)
  • Worth It (It, #1)
  • A Broken Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Kismet (Kismet, #1)
  • When the Sun Goes Down (Dusk Til Dawn, #1)
  • Wrecked
  • Interrupted (Progress, #2)
  • Dear Emily (Forever Family, #1)
  • Silence
  • Therapy (Therapy #1)
  • Love's Suicide (Love's Suicide, #1)
  • Witch Vamp Were?  (Huntingdawn,  #2)
  • Still Human (Just Human, #2)
  • Mirage (Destined, #1)
  • Consensual (Consensual, #1)
  • A Woman Gone Mad (A Woman Gone Mad, #1)
  • Twice in a Lifetime (Love Found, #1)
I'm a girl with a passion for reading and desire for writing. You'll find me either reading or sitting by my laptop writing. I have too many favorite books to list but they would all most likely fall under the romance category. I'm a sucker for a good love story, shedding a few tears, and having my heart melted by an amazing book boyfriend! :) If I get free time you might find me watching a movie, ...more
More about B.A. Wolfe...

Keaton (3 books)
  • Stay (Keaton, #2)
  • For Keeps (Keaton, #3)

“busy, and I didn’t mind because I kept busy helping at the farm and our hardware store.” 0 likes
“near him and his phone, I was without a way to talk” 0 likes