Start by marking “The Dante Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dante Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #2)

The Dante Connection

(Genevieve Lenard #2)

ASIN B00BKKSUTC moved to the most recent edition

Art theft. Coded messages. A high-level threat.

Despite her initial disbelief, Doctor Genevieve Lenard discovers that she is the key that connects stolen works of art, ciphers and sinister threats.

Betrayed by the people who called themselves her friends, Genevieve throws herself into her insurance investigation job with autist
Published February 25th 2013 (first published February 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Dante Connection, please sign up.
Eva It doesn't have to be, but the underlying story will make more sense. The main story in each book is stand alone, but I would recommend reading the bo…moreIt doesn't have to be, but the underlying story will make more sense. The main story in each book is stand alone, but I would recommend reading the books in order.(less)

Start your review of The Dante Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #2)
Rohit Enghakat
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book at all. The start was interesting. However, as the pages turned over and time flew by, I started losing interest in the book and the plot.

The book is about how the main character Genevieve Lenard, who interestingly is a genius doctor afflicted by ADHD and OCD (was it bordering on autism ?), solves a case of a series of burglaries in homes of the rich and wealthy influential people. Soon the plot turns out to be a case of national interest involving a plot to kill the pre
Tanya
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
The reviews for this book are crazy. They're cracking me up. Who are all these people with their delicate ears that cannot handle the *gasp* "F" Word. Oh, you guys are too much. This is a book about a woman who works with a hit man, a thief turned agent, and an old cranky interpol guy to solve art thefts. They're not going to say "Oh, gee wiz" and "Gosh darn it!" all day long. They didn't even say (dare I say it?) fuck all that much in the book. Maybe twenty times but everybody's got their knick ...more
Tulay
Dec 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was hard to finish.

Only thing kept me reading this story was paintings and Mozart. Googled the painting, and listened the Mozart on my Echo Show.
Dr. Genevieve Lenard, with multiple PhDs or , misfit friends didn't interested me or couldn't relate to them. Three stars is for music and paintings.
Steve
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dr. Genevieve Lenard returns for a second installment. Doctor Lenard is a fascinating character, with multiple Ph.D.s and social challenges from being “non-neurotypical” as she calls her autistic self. Following her debut in The Gauguin Connection, she finds herself adapting her set, isolated ways to the return of some of the folks whom she worked with in the first book, and who showed up again after they had disappeared from her life for a while after the first case. She finds them declaring fr ...more
Tripleguess
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was good, better than the first book. The conversations are all interesting and relevant, the scenes better fleshed out. The characters and their relationships and interactions with each other are more fully explored, and because of that parts of the book are genuinely funny. We learn more about everyone's backstory, which is both poignant and fun. The only character who is sidelined is Philip, the protagonist's boss; he is present for only a few scenes, but the extra Manny time makes up fo ...more
Liz
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This series is like a Dan Brown novel, with lots of symbolism and obscure clues. The main character, Genevieve, is a fascinating non-neurotypical individual. She reminds me of the Bones character, Dr. Temperance Brennan. All the characters are interesting and I have quickly become enthralled with them. Anxious to read the entire series.
Arnaud
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Oh boy, what a series!

Okay, I'm hooked and it took only two novels in this (very?) long series! Great great characters, most excellent plot and I love where the dynamic between each characters is going. The presence of a very believable arch enemy to the group is definitely an addition to the enjoyment... 8 more to go that I know of... Oh goodness!
Stephanie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fiction
This is an incredibly well written and well researched book. I did not read the first book of the series; Barnes and Noble had this one listed for $1.99 for Nook a few weeks ago so I grabbed it. After finishing it I do plan to go ahead and read the rest of the series (although I intend to read the rest in order then go back to book one when I'm finished).

Genevieve Lenard is a brilliant PhD with non-neurotypical behavior. Ryan never comes out and says she is Autistic or has Asperger's Syndrome, b
Penny Watson
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I see some very good similarities between this series and the Gamache series by Louise Penny.

Excellent storytelling, lovely writing, and characters who are unique, well-developed, and jump off the page.

I am well and truly addicted to this series now.
Niki
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5 - couldn't wait to start reading the 2nd instalment after the first thriller - again the "team" is together, after a few akward moments at the start when genevieve lenard has her friends back in her life - she is a really nice character, a good find from the writer - this thriller is even better than the first one, however there are moments when ms. ryan insists a bit much on the personal problems of dr lenard, which makes the story feel a bit longer than should be -
Sandy
I teetered on the edge of awarding 3½- instead of 4-★s, because I was a little disappointed that(view spoiler). I relented because the story was definitely engaging, with the same interesting cast of characters as appeared in The Gauguin Connection. There was a little too much repetition in the initial chapters, perhaps designed to bring readers up to speed on the idiosyncratic personalities. These pieces of backstory were boring an ...more
Lyn
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Great story - lots of action and suspense. Just got tired of the foul language throughout. The first story in this series had a few bad words, this one got much worse. I don't believe you need to use swear words to get your point across in a good story - it adds nothing to the plot or story line. It ruins the joy of reading for me.

I did not finish this book. The 2 star rating is because of the language.
Neil Plakcy
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this author's voice and her ability to construct intricate plots and great characters.
Lynda Kelly
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is another good instalment in this "different" series and I did enjoy it once more. The presentation in this one was far superior to book 1 as well. A series I'm sticking with. I really like the characters she's created and there is still so much to learn about them all yet, which bodes well for future stories.
There were some real twists and surprises in this story, I must say ! It certainly kept me interested. I was just fascinated to learn that bees can be utilised to find explosives as
Kate
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Genevieve Lenard finds herself at the center of an art theft again, and again, her autism makes life challenging, especially when she finds herself having feelings for people. Along with her usual perplexities over idioms, she has to get inside people's feelings to determine what's happening.

I was afraid this book, like many second books, wouldn't be as good as the first one. I'm happy that I was wrong! This story is just as good, if not better than, the first one. Looking forward to reading
Amarelys
Feb 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, dnf-skimmed
DNF at about... 20%? Although I did skim to about 60%, at which point I am writing this blurb. May still skim the rest.
I don't know if it's because it's been waaay too long since I read the first book of this series, but I just never got into this second opus. If I had gotten used to Jenny's peculiarities, the way they came back to hit me in the face were too much too handle this time, and I never saw a plot line start to develop.
Kimberly
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Another good Genevieve Lenard mystery. I really enjoy the MC, even with all her quirks. I'm so glad that she is breaking out of her shell and realizing people aren't all bad. I like all of her friends. They are each so different and yet very likable. I liked the mystery in this one. There were a lot of factors to keep straight to find who was doing it, but it made for a very good mystery. I definitely recommend this series and can't wait to read the next one.
LeahBethany
Sep 10, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars rounding down. I enjoyed the Dante Connection better than the first book in the series. The first novel had a lot of repetitive internal dialogue and situations which thankfully the second book kept to a minimum (specifically all the males in Genevieve's life "posturing" against one another) . The plot moved along and the characters are growing on me (though there were a few sappy scenes of everyone loving on Genevieve in which the dialogue made me cringe).
Jacqueline Evans
After reading the first book n the series, I was anxious to read this one. However, I found some of the descriptions of Dr Genevieve Lenard’s “atypical neurology” repetitive and tedious. The story line was interesting and the character development was decent. I don’t feel that this second book was as good as the first but it was worth reading for the art and literature references.
Skk28
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ASGUIASCUKASVCKUVAS
Ted Tayler
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
"Well-written"

What more can I say? It would have helped if I'd read the first book. There were so many references to the first book in the opening chapters I was bored. It's a different type of thriller, but it didn't have enough of a pull to convince me to read any more of the series.
Stewart
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Well, that was... disappointing.

The first book had a very interesting premise. A high functioning autistic woman who works for an insurance firm investigates forgeries. It was well done, interesting and entertaining. I had wanted to read more.

This second book in the series has abandoned a fair chunk of that. (view spoiler)
Paula Howard
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In the Dante Connection, Genevieve is feeling betrayed and rejected by Colin and Vinnie who have seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. She hasn't heard from them in months and have now idea why or where they are. As hard as it was for Genevieve to open up to people, this is harder yet to feel rejected by those who had become her friends.

Genevieve is once again facing danger from the dark part of the art world. Francine comes to her beaten and telling her she has killed two people. She ask
BRT
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
Another fast-paced mystery with Dr. Lenard, an autistic expert in non-verbal communications. The small group of friends & colleagues from her last mystery appear to have abandoned her. As she struggles with the loss, they reappear and upset her equilibrium again. Their presence also signals a new plot by an old nemesis that targets Dr. Lenard. The story is interesting and keeps you guessing but I wondered after the first story how much longer the author could explore the difficulties an autistic ...more
Kiran
Aug 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
This is the second in the utterly rubbish Genevieve Lenard series (and it will be the very last of her books I read - even though she's churned out many - too many! - more); apart from there being more activity such as bomb threats and people getting beaten up or injured, to be honest for the most part it felt like just reading the first book again. Most of the scenes and even quite specific dialogue and narration are just so interchangeable. The author has written many more books in this series ...more
Carrie
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy it as much as the first book in the series. I think it suffered in this case from its first person point of view. We could have used a bit of simple narrative to transition at times in filling us in on historical information. One would think with the time she had to get to know the other characters, there might have been a little more acceptance of the status quo.

The story was good and kept me turning pages, but I found Dr Lenard a bit more annoying in this book. I will try on an
May
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had read these in order. Although, there are enough references to what happened in the first book, this protagonist is so unique that how she was presented to the reader would be enlightening. It was a fast read with an intriguing plot. I am not sure, however, that I will track down the next one. This is more a 3.5 ⭐️.
Santhiya
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. One thing I want to point out is, as a reader I shouldn't feel like screaming at the characters to make the connection. As I mentioned in first book's review I will continue to read the series for the characters despite this flaw.
Rona
Oct 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, mystery
In this book, there are too many times when Genevieve succeeds at behaving as if she is magically neurotypical. I don't buy it. She is turning into a super-woman with an occasional flaw. I may try one more of these, since I really like Genevieve and her band of misfits.
Brenda
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this read, unique protagonist and enjoyable puzzles. I also enjoyed the team with their special skill sets.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #83 - The Dante Connection 1 3 May 05, 2015 02:08PM

• 1st Shock (A Schock Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • A Blind Eye (Adam Kaminski #1)
  • Rogue Wolves (The Redaction Chronicles #3)
  • Played to Death (Scott Drayco Mystery Series, #1)
  • Relative Malice (Detective Kendall Halsrud #1)
  • Remnants (Brandon Fisher FBI, #6)
  • The Last Journalist (Alex Vane # 5)
  • In the Line of Duty (Madison Knight, #7)
  • Deep Blue Goodbye (An Allison Hart Novel Book 1)
  • The Justice Series Boxed Set (Lorne Simpkins, #1 - 3)
  • Fatal Sisters: A Rafferty P.I. Mystery (Rafferty : Hardboiled P.I. Book 6)
  • The Alboran Codex (Carter Devereux #3)
  • The Frank Bennett Adirondack Mountain Mystery Series: Books 1-3
  • K.A.R.M.A
  • Trolling for Trouble (MAUCs, #1)
  • Paper Roses (Serenity's Plain Secrets, #5)
  • Black Diamond Death (Sloane Monroe #1)
  • Sanctuary (Kate Redman Mysteries, #8)
Estelle Ryan was born in South Africa and spent her childhood being surrounded by African beauty, nature and diversity of cultures. Her first trip to Europe at the tender age of 16 transformed her world into a much larger place, endless in its possibilities and places to explore. For most of her adulthood she’s travelled all over the world, lived on a few continents, explored numerous cultures and ...more

Genevieve Lenard (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Gauguin Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #1)
  • The Braque Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #3)
  • The Flinck Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #4)
  • The Courbet Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #5)
  • The Pucelle Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #6)
  • The Leger Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #7)
  • The Morisot Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #8)
  • The Vecellio Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #9)
  • The Uccello Connection (Genevieve Lenard, #10)
  • The Netscher Connection (Genevieve Lenard #11)