Start by marking “Tragically Flawed (Tragic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tragically Flawed (Tragic, #1)

Tragically Flawed

(Tragic #1)

* This is a New Adult Contemporary Romance with Mature content that is not suitable for younger readers.

**This is a Stand Alone Companion Novel to Tragic Desires.

Riviera Benson’s past has been nothing but horrific. It’s filled with secrets that she intends to keep tightly locked away...terrifying secrets that keep her awake at night...that prevent her from getting close to
Published September 19th 2013 by A.M. Hargrove

To ask other readers questions about Tragically Flawed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tragically Flawed

Tana
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tragically Flawed by A.M. Hargrove

Beautiful, Heartbreaking, Sexy, Steamy are just a few of the words I will use to describe Tragically Flawed written by A.M. Hargrove. A.M’s writing is phenomenal, the story, plot and characters are so well written that you instantly feel connected and cannot stop reading this story.

We are first introduced to Riviera and what you experience here is heartbreak and maybe some tears will be shed. Riviera is in a horrible situation and leaving an abusive relationsh
Sheri
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Tragically Flawed is another great novel from one of my favorite authors. Full of action, romance, tragedy, and incredibly steamy scenes, this book will toy with your emotions and make you fall in love with the characters.

Riviera's story is heartbreaking and tragic. After leaving an abusive relationship, Riviera (love that name!) moves away to start a new life for herself. Landing her dream job, things are beginning to look up. Through the story Riviera is vulnerable and scared, but definitely
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
During the beta- it's a 4♥ read, but it bridged that gap into a 5♥ once the edits were made. Have a fan, maybe even a cold shower on hand for reading this one!

I will say Shan is oh la-la hot once you get past his doucebaggery.

And one of my favorite moments while reading (my reaction), "My eyes! My eyes!"

I participated in the beta read for this book, and received an ARC from A.M. Hargrove in exchange for my honest thoughts. I received no monetary gain for my rating and review.

*Update 9/28/13*
Thi
Kathryn
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS AAAAMMMMAAAZING!!!!!!
Freakin loved every moment in it...
SQUEEEEE!!!! OMG this book was so fabulous. Am I surprised? NOPE, not one bit. A.M. Hargrove is one of those authors that I know I am going to love whatever she puts out there. Tragically Flawed is no exception and completely blew me away!!
First, let me say that A.M. Hargrove can write a beautifully epic love story. They are filled with so much passion you are instantly transformed. With amazing, well-developed, strong characte
Julia
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult
I know this book has gotten some fairly high ratings, so I'm in the minority here, but I really had to force myself to finish. Books written in third person are not my favorite. I find it very difficult to connect with the characters and this was no exception. In addition though, some of the character responses made no sense to me. For instance, there is a scene where Riviera is having a flashback (view spoiler) ...more
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Riviera's life has never been easy. Abuse has plagued her most her life and no matter what she did, she always seemed to go running into the arms of it. Fleeing from Chicago, she is has found a job in Beaver Creek Colorado, and things seem to be looking up. She has a new roommate that has been a great friend. She has a job, that if it wasn't for her beotch of a boss, she would absolutely love. And then there is Shan with whom she seems to come alive around.

Little by little Riv opens up about her
Anny hernandez
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I RECIEVE A ARC COPY OF THIS BOOK
THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK THAT I READ BY THIS AUTHOR AND I HAVE TO SAY I LOVE IT
THIS STORY MADE ME CRIED AND LOUGH, I LOVE THE CHARACTERS LOVE HOW THIS BOOK REALLY TURN OUT TO BE.
LOVE THE CHARACTER OF RIVIERA BENSON, DISCOVER BY ACCIDENT THAT SHE HAS A TALENT, SHE'S A PAINTER AND A REALLY GOOD ONE , WITH HER TALENT SHE CREATED MASTER PIECES ON WALLS AND CEILINGS OF MILLION DOLLARS HOMES AS MURALS.
LOVE THE CHARACTER OF BENJAMIN SHANDON, EVERYONE KNOW HIM AS SHAN. S
Silvy_1309
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Sherry Fundin
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, romance
Tragically Flawed got so hot, the ice melted in my margarita glass. LOL

I never read a lot of romance, until I started blogging. I have found authors that I love, so I read anything they write. A M Hargrove is one of those authors. I really enjoy her stories and writing style. I was very pleasantly surprised with Tragically Flawed.

It is Riviera's rags to riches story. A story of her ability to rise above her tragedies and find love and friendship from the wonderful people who enter her life when
Katie
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
3.25 Stars!

After escaping an abusive relationship, Riviera finds herself in Beaver Creek with a job doing what she loves. But her momentary peace is disrupted when Shan storms into her life and makes her feel things she's never felt before. Only beginning to recover from past wounds, both literal and figurative, she's afraid to let him in. But she's not the only one experiencing new feelings. Shan never thought he'd let anyone past the walls he built, but after meeting Riviera all he wanted to d
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
I bought this 12th October 2013 and kept thinking I will read it as I LOVE A.M. Hargrove's books.

Well once I opened this book and started reading, I got all excited as it started with a scene that I found rather exciting. It showed you the background later of the main characters, I do despise certain characters (Marsha Sue and Jasper) and I fell in love with Shan (Benjamin Shandon) and Riveria (love her name). The way the story opens up with Riveria's background after the heated few chapters is
Roxanne Kade
Oct 21, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. There were bits I really loved and then parts that left me feeling disappointed.

This book started off with a bang - almost quite literally, and I really thought I was in for one sexy, steamy read. Then the story changed focus and took a step back to the tragic life Riviera was living with her pathetic excuse for a boyfriend, Jasper. I was so glad she got out when she did and never looked back. That certainly took a lot of courage.

Riv was sweet a
Laura Thomas
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Like so many times before, A.M. Hargrove cast a spell on me. I’ve read all of her books and always found that my time spent in her stories was too brief. I’m always left wanting more.

So, when I got my hands on Tragically Flawed, I had to start reading right away.

What I discovered was a captivating love story with flesh and blood characters haunted by their past.

Riviera has escaped an abusive relationship, but the scars and bruises remain on the inside long after they fade from her body.

Starting
Vicci
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
TRAGICALLY FLAWED IS BREATHTAKING & TRAGICALLY BEAUTIFUL!!

Sometimes you read a book that stays with you for days. Sometimes you read book that just touches you and does not let go. Tragically Flawed was that book for me.
I wish I could tell you the exact moment that this book wrapped itself into my heart. I really can't tell you when it just sort of magically happen as this beautiful story unfolded in pages. The author was able to make you just forget the world outside of the book. I was ho
Veronica of V's Reads
This one was a heart-wrencher. Riviera, survivor of terrible abuse, escapes to find a new anonymous life. On her very first day of her first painting job she gets accosted by Shan--and the fire is lit.

It takes months for them to become comfortable with each other, but the chemistry can't be denied. Riviera's boss, Marsha Sue, isn't happy--she always wanted Shan for herself. And Shan? In Riviera he's finally found peace, and maybe a bit of forgiveness, for the tragedy that claimed his best friend
Shelley
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book had me teary eyed in the first twenty minutes of reading it! The author's description of the abusive events that take place are very vivid and raw and made my heart break for the victim, Riviera Bleu Benson.
Riviera moves to a new town to escape from her abusive relationship. She finds a job painting murals for an interior designer. She ends up meeting the owner of a construction company who is responsible for building high-end homes in the area. Her first introduction to Benjamin Shand
Paula  Phillips
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it

Riveria Benson is stuck in an abusive relationship , day in and day out she is beaten until one day - she gets up the courage and realises enough is enough. She packs her bag in the middle of the night and escapes onto a bus and heads to a safe place where no-one could ever find her. Here, Riveria will learn the true meaning of friendship, love and that sometimes even if you don't think you are much to look at or worthy enough - there is someone out there who will be jealous and try and pull you
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: NC-17
Overall: One of the best I’ve read
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Sometime beauty lies in our flaws
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Shan

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
One of my fav authors and this is ranked high if not the best I’ve read so far from her. This story has heart and soul with a young women whose learning who she is and what she needs. She finds a way out of her circumstances to embark on a new journey.

To se
Brandie
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013, arc
2.5 Stars

I'm really disappointed that I didn't end up loving this book. It had a great story line - one that drew me in immediately. I was loving the first half of the book, but then it took a serious turn for the cheesy and I was cringing the rest of the way through it, finding myself skimming just to get it over with. And it's unfortunately very predictable.

Definitely high up on the steam factor if you're looking for that. Overall an okay book - I just wish the dialogue had been more realistic
J
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. Okay, it wasn't the greatest writing in the world, but I liked the story, liked that it was fast paced, liked both the main characters who were each dealing with some past traumas (she way more than he). I also liked that there was no unneeded angst or miscommunications. There was plenty of drama and suspense and romance, but if something needed to be said or done, it was. How refreshing.
Andrea
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An emotional read with filled with romance, suspense, drama and HOT scenes!! Loved it.

Full review on MakeMyDayBookclub
chris
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
great story. Well written, Lots of emotions with this one. Really tugs at your heart when Riviera starts to open up about her past. When Shan talks about the reasons for his emotional walls, you get to understand him a bit more too. May be triggers for some but overall a great book about overcoming trauma. Written in third person alternating POV. Sometimes a bit hard to follow who is who.
Danielle Pullen
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Could not finish. I love A.M Hargrove's books but was not able to get into this one. It felt like something that was done by an amateur. It wasn't well written and I could not connect with the story or the characters.
Danielle Grandquis
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

I really like this series and the book was a good read. Thank you for keeping putting out great books.
Becky Prince
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book and I have reread it a few times. The story is heart breaking in some parts and makes you really cheer on the hero in this book. It’s a beautiful story and one I would recommend to readers who like a bit of a dark story with a HEA.
Book Boyfriends Rock  ❤️   ❤️
Riviera Benson is one of the strongest people you will read about. She is a survivor. She does know it just yet but she is truly an amazing person. , a batter woman's book not your typically love story this chick Riv.. Has been through the ringer since age 12 it's really sad.. Her life doesn't start to change until she meets Shan.. girl it takes some time for them to get it on but when they do it’s like holly shit. its a touching story.

Riviera past has been nothing but horrific, tragic, terrifyi
Corina
Sep 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Tragically Flawed

Tragically Flawed follows Riviera Benson, a talented mural painter running away from her abusive past and attempting to move on with her life. After fleeing from her sadistic boyfriend Riviera finds herself in a small rural town where she meets Benjamin Shandon, owner of Shandon Homes. Shan see’s Riviera’s potential and after encouraging her to leave her evil vindictive boss Marsha Sue, he offers her a place as his lead painter at Shandon Homes and soon falls head over heels for
K3
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

“If there is love in your life, it can make up for most things that are missing. If you don’t have love, no matter what else you have, it will never be enough.”

Riviera Benson is a survivor. Finally finding the courage to escape an abusive relationship she has an opportunity to start over in Beaver Creek. She is far from perfect, smart and beautiful in her own unique way. She is a talented painter but not in the traditional sense. She has been hired by the notoriously bitchy interior designer, Ma
Krista
Sep 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Steamy, sexy and sweet - Tragically Flawed is a good story that kept me engaged. Not entirely believable, though, and the main character got on my last nerve by the end.

The premise of Tragically Flawed interested me - a muralist (what a unique and fun job, BTW!) and a home builder fall in love on the job. The muralist is meek and afraid due to her tragic past. The home builder is gruff and grumpy due to his tragic past. Together they find a way to heal.

I'll tell you what - Tragically Flawed sta
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
Tragically Flawed is a deep and inspiring story about overcoming the worst of situations and having the strength to keep on going when it seems easier to just give up. Riviera has truly had a difficult life and was dealt an unbelievably tragic hand. Her strength and resolve led her to Shan and she finally found the happiness she deserved.

Riviera has been beaten and broken her whole life. She had a tremendously tragic childhood that forced her to run away at 16. She somehow found the strength to
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Fifty Shades of R...: BOTM ~ Mod's Choice ~ Tragically Flawed 11 141 Oct 03, 2013 06:14AM

• Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights, #1)
  • Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Lawful Overdose
  • Kiss Me, I'm Yours (Tennessee Waltz, #2)
  • Texas Redeemed (Night Sky, #1)
  • Aundes Aura
  • Bayward Heart (Cascade Brides, #2)
  • A Wicked Kind of Dark (The Minaea Chronicles #1)
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • Light in Morning (Morning, #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • A Tattered Love
  • Havoc
  • Fallen Angel (A Raines & Shaw Thriller #1)
  • Right Now (Moments, #2)
  • Dear Adam
  • Be Here Now
  • The Unseen
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, USA Today bestselling author, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So she made a quick decision to quit her job and reinvented herself as a Naughty and Nice Romance Author.

Reader, Writer, #WalterTheP

Tragic (2 books)
  • Tragic Desires (Tragic, #2)